• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

When I hit 30 this weekend I attempted to farm the Bullet King, but he was nowhere to be found! What gives? I've never killed him, so he should be there - right?
At level 23 I ran by the area once and didn't see him. Passed by again a couple hours later and he was there. I think he chills in some other locations from time to time.

Has anyone encountered this bug:

On PC, when I have the Ballistic shield out, I'm *constantly* forced to reload my magazine even after only a few shots. I'm trying to get a tank build going and this basically kills it. I forgot to take video of the issue, but it's extremely annoying. It happened with multiple pistols. Only pistols when the shield is out. Basically, full magazine, *shot* *shot* *shot*, forced reload.

I don't think that HE blueprint is taking into account your Firearms skill whereas when viewing a weapon in your backpack, it boosts your damage + any other mods from armor.

Oh shit, no wonder. i guess just assume the HE gear will end up rolling higher damage. Any way to see base damage numbers? It blows my fucking mind how shitty major loot games are with their inventory and comparison management. Loot is the name of the game and right now managing it is like pulling teeth. Ugh. Maybe add some menu filters instead of deformable trash bags. I know which one would make me enjoy the game more.

fuzzyset

No, sorry not by myself...apologies if it read that way. I've been doing matchmaking, and last attempt was before some gear upgrades.

EDIT - Thanks for the Reddit post!

I'm shooting for the Hybrid CC build outlined in the bottom of the post which has ~110k DPS / 60k Health / 20k Skill power. I wanna play this game like an RPG not a shooter :p . He updated his post in the comments saying that he uses the build now with Caduceus (which I luckily have). I want them skillz.

During the server maint in about 12hrs. Drive thru is still open

Just like BK, open until 1 AM.

Tomorrow:

2721213_G.jpg

Archpath1

Anyone here with BK ?

on Xbox archpath1

I was on vacation and missed it all, checked must have killed him before

I'll be on in 4hrs if anyone cares to help :)

When you are looking at HE blueprints in the shop, and it shows you the DMG range, is that the average roll range or does that actually show the maximum it can roll for DMG? The HE M249 Para blueprint right now shows a DMG range of 3871-4593. Meanwhile the superior M249's I have got from drops roll 5500-4593 DMG. I know HE's get an extra talent, but do they get stat boosts elsewhere cause it seems like that blueprint will only roll worse M249's than my superior versions.

The HE Tactical Para M249 blueprint? I have that and I haven't seen any superior 100 clip MGs with higher damage. The range for my blueprint is 6244-6966 and I made sure I didn't have any damage modifiers from gloves, etc... that might affect it.

This is what I see on some other HE blueprints that I don't own yet:

Black Market AK: 6176-7182
Liberator: 5018-5835
Police MK17: 13511-15710

I'm on PC if that matters.

ch4fx_

I've never had a HE drop turn blue (thankfully), but while farming BK last night -- I would see a gold bar under my purple drops & think "this is it.. you won The Division", only to find out that the gold thing I was seeing was my fucking health bar.

Iceman829

Anyone here with BK ?

on Xbox archpath1

I was on vacation and missed it all, checked must have killed him before

I'll be on in 4hrs if anyone cares to help :)

I might be able to help, but it might be 5hrs till I'm around. Work late (accounting) and then I'll be at the gym. I'll check before and after the gym to see if you are on. Anyone else in need of the carpool lane just let me know and I'll pick you up

Me 2! But where do you redeem the code? Because it doesn't fit the amount of digits in the redeem a code section in the PSN Store.

Click the orange 'Hunter Pack' and it should take you to a web page where you need to log in with your Uplay account and input the code, which will let you choose your platform and give you a code for it.

I'm shooting for the Hybrid CC build outlined in the bottom of the post which has ~110k DPS / 60k Health / 20k Skill power. I wanna play this game like an RPG not a shooter :p . He updated his post in the comments saying that he uses the build now with Caduceus (which I luckily have). I want them skillz.

I'm currently running the Caduceus in a semi-skill-healer build with around...

96K DPS / 50 Health / 46 Skill. I use stun remote sticky-flash with the Cad (modded for a focus on rate of fire, stability and magazine count) along with over heal and the health signature skill... the combination allows me to constantly stop the enemy for a few seconds, land a ton of headshots (bc they're frozen from the the flash) and refill my skills completely... i'm always ready to heal and or freeze the enemy. It's nice being able to control the pace of encounters esp. when things get crowded. By maxing out your Cad's magazine and ROF you'll be able to fill your skills quicker as well as by spamming crit proc'ing grenades etc.

Good job on the dailies and challenge mode. Went as smooth as it could.

I'm going to take a 30-40 minute break to eat some dinner, and I'll re-join if you are still on for some BK farming or assorted shenanigans.

Isn't that the "Shade Tech" quest item that he drops? It disappears as soon as the first player loots the body.

Yup and if you kill him before the other enemies he despawns and you can't finish the mission. Happened to me on challenge mode twice. Never doing that mission for challenge mode ever again.

Wasn't even mentioned in the patch along with the broken echoes from side quests that can't be properly collected. Kinda upset that stuff like this, which can be game breaking, isn't in the patch notes.

I'll miss all the BK jokes. We had a good run

Yup and just like the loot cave in Destiny it brought players and the community together more than anything else in the game with memes, cooperation, help and more.

Sad that bugs and exploits end up being these community moments that the devs crest unwillingly and then have to remove them.

For those like me that are stuck with the missing gear/infinite connecting bug, it looks like Massive has acknowledged the issue and are actively working on it. Here's hoping its fixed by next week.

Its killing me that all my friends have been able to play, meanwhile I can do nothing but stare at the connecting screen

fuzzyset

I'm currently running the Caduceus in a semi-skill-healer build with around...

96K DPS / 50 Health / 46 Skill. I use stun remote sticky-flash with the Cad (modded for a focus on rate of fire, stability and magazine count) along with over heal and the health signature skill... the combination allows me to constantly stop the enemy for a few seconds, land a ton of headshots (bc they're frozen from the the flash) and refill my skills completely... i'm always ready to heal and or freeze the enemy. It's nice being able to control the pace of encounters esp. when things get crowded. By maxing out your Cad's magazine and ROF you'll be able to fill your skills quicker as well as by spamming crit proc'ing grenades etc.

Nice. How did you get your skill so high? Did you re-roll any gear? I'm sorta lost when it comes to the actual gearing part of all this. I have a crap ton of purple gear from BK, but I have no idea what combination I should / want to have. Last I looked I would have had to sacrifice a lot of damage / health to activate the talents on the Cad.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yup and just like the loot cave in Destiny it brought players and the community together more than anything else in the game with memes, cooperation, help and more.

Sad that bugs and exploits end up being these community moments that the devs crest unwillingly and then have to remove them.

I know this has been compared to the Loot Cave, but I don't think they are the same. Destiny's loot cave highlighted a very real issue with the game at launch - it was f'ing hard to get loot from a loot-driven game. Strikes didn't even give guaranteed loot. As a response, players found the loot cave, and eventually Bungie improved the game. BK is more of a typical exploit, one that is terribly boring.

TheYanger

Yup and if you kill him before the other enemies he despawns and you can't finish the mission. Happened to me on challenge mode twice. Never doing that mission for challenge mode ever again.

Wasn't even mentioned in the patch along with the broken echoes from side quests that can't be properly collected. Kinda upset that stuff like this, which can be game breaking, isn't in the patch notes.

That's not game breaking, and that's definitely not something that happens every time, never happened to me and I don't think he's been the last mob alive for me ever.

Leyasu

Banned
I wrote it earlier, but they should do a DZ patrol,sweep. 8 players, you start in DZ01 and gradually clear it zone by zone as the enemies get harder and harder upto boss zone DZ06.

They could add objectives where the squad would need to split to do different things at the same time. To enable the main part of the squad to gain access to the stronghold. Then the others that went off to do the side bits would need to get back and help the attack and shit like that... Just one example. A structured DZ "raid" could be huge.

There is so much stuff that they could do. They have a huge city, complete with quite an extensive underground to boot.

commish

I wrote it earlier, but they should do a DZ patrol,sweep. 8 players, you start in DZ01 and gradually clear it zone by zone as the enemies get harder and harder upto boss zone DZ06.

They could add objectives where the squad would need to split to do different things at the same time. To enable the main part of the squad to gain access to the stronghold. Then the others that went off to do the side bits would need to get back and help the attack and shit like that... Just one example. A structured DZ "raid" could be huge.

There is so much stuff that they could do. They have a huge city, complete with quite an extensive underground to boot.

If all they did was add Diablo-style rifts, I would probably be content for the next year.

I know this has been compared to the Loot Cave, but I don't think they are the same. Destiny's loot cave highlighted a very real issue with the game at launch - it was f'ing hard to get loot from a loot-driven game. Strikes didn't even give guaranteed loot. As a response, players found the loot cave, and eventually Bungie improved the game. BK is more of a typical exploit, one that is terribly boring.

Yeah, I feel like The Division throws loot at you. Maybe not High End loot...but that isn't a bad thing.

Loot Cave was also really interesting, in that the occasional hordes would pop up, and all the players mining the Loot Cave would have to band together to fight them off. It oddly created the best social experience in early vanilla Destiny.

BK is just the same dull, repetitive solo farming route over and over again.

TheYanger

In what way is BK an exploit though? This is a loot game, there are ALWAYS random efficient but repetetive and unchallenging routes that people find. He's being fixed within the week, no big deal. Loot Cave is such a silly console-centric comparison, this is far more akin to something like Meph runs before 1.10 when they made it take longer in D2, or Haedrig's Wife in D3, or vaulting through Core of Arreat with Danettas, thjings like that. They're not inherantly 'wrong' but they're way too efficient for what they are and they make the rest of the game less appealing in comparison.

That said, these kinds of games ALWAYS appeal to the 'turn on tv/music and grind for hours' mentality, so it's not actually all that different other than being really hard to fuck up.

Tawpgun

Anyone still have VOIP issues? I feel like half the time I have to go to party chat to hear people.

And I see people's mics flaring up in prox chat but I can't hear anything.

Leyasu

Banned
If all they did was add Diablo-style rifts, I would probably be content for the next year.
They will support this for longer than just the three expansions I feel.

The CMs I played earlier (for the first time ) were awesome. It makes think that incursions are going to be something special.

valkyre

Guys is there a way to stop hearing the same god damn mission briefing each time you select a mission? It is really starting to get on my nerves lol

commish

In what way is BK an exploit though? This is a loot game, there are ALWAYS random efficient but repetetive and unchallenging routes that people find. He's being fixed within the week, no big deal. Loot Cave is such a silly console-centric comparison, this is far more akin to something like Meph runs before 1.10 when they made it take longer in D2, or Haedrig's Wife in D3, or vaulting through Core of Arreat with Danettas, thjings like that. They're not inherantly 'wrong' but they're way too efficient for what they are and they make the rest of the game less appealing in comparison.

That said, these kinds of games ALWAYS appeal to the 'turn on tv/music and grind for hours' mentality, so it's not actually all that different other than being really hard to fuck up.

I think you are in the minority if you don't think the BK thing is an exploit, but what we label it isn't really relevant. It's getting fixed and it'll be gone, and then we'll all try to find the next easiest way to get loot. Repeat forever and ever :) I disagree with your comparison of the loot cave with those other runs because you didn't even need to do anything for the loot cave. I'd literally just sit there and then occasionally run up to get loot.

That's not game breaking, and that's definitely not something that happens every time, never happened to me and I don't think he's been the last mob alive for me ever.

Sorry but how is a glitch that doesn't allow you to finish a challenge mode mission forcing you to restart not game breaking?

It breaks the game at that time.

And if you haven't had that issue, that is great for you, but myself and many others here and online have had this issue happen repeatedly. Its the toughest of all the CM missions and the one that has a game breaking bug right at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom