• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extractions? DZ... If your still doing it in an hour can I tag along?

i'm a noob with DZ. feel free to invite me to tag a long if you need someone as support. altho if i'm roaming in PVE, it means i'm still hunting collectibles. almost done with them

I'll join you guys if you want..

Got a HE First Wave M1A From challenge.

34.2K,

Talents - destructive, commanding and accurate.

I'm gonna kill you and steal it off your dead, cold, lifeless corpse.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wish we could see what servers we are connected to and the ping. The last few DZ runs has been awful with lag and being a pain in the ass when dealing with other players.

erawsd

Sure but if I was being rekt by squads of 8+, I'd rather toggle passive mode rather than leave the DZ.

In that case they should be addressing the glithces and exploits that allow people to have larger groups than intended, rather than implementing a passive mode.

So has anyone addressed the server migration issue?

It's happened to me often that a friend will join and the server is full and it does the transfer but then all the loot on the ground dissapears along with any remaining enemies!

What in the good fuck?!??

LiK I'll be back on soon!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sure but if I was being rekt by squads of 8+, I'd rather toggle passive mode rather than leave the DZ.

If you're getting wrecked by squads of 8+ then most of your time is going to be spent in a checkpoint/safehouse.
Literally hit the menu -> matchmaking -> dark zone, and go into a different server.

Why is that so hard?

LiK

It's happened to me often that a friend will join and the server is full and it does the transfer but then all the loot on the ground dissapears along with any remaining enemies!

what's your PSN?

Just hit level 25 and finally got my first purple :) . Only took 35 hours , hopefully not another 35 for the rest :) . But judging by my destiny rng luck I expect it'll take me 6 months of trying .

If you're getting wrecked by squads of 8+ then most of your time is going to be spent in a checkpoint/safehouse.
Literally hit the menu -> matchmaking -> dark zone, and go into a different server.

Why is that so hard?

This actually doesn't always work. I run with a squad of 3 or 4 guys and we've tried to use this to change DZ servers when there are groups of 6-8 Rogues running around mowing everyone down and oftentimes it just sticks you right back in the same server.

Just hit level 25 and finally got my first purple :) . Only took 35 hours , hopefully not another 35 for the rest :) . But judging by my destiny rng luck I expect it'll take me 6 months of trying .
You start getting purples until around that lvl. Make sure to do side mission you'll get some as a reward. You'll be having a purple shower soon enough.

Honestly my main gripe with th DZ is the awful downtime of having to go to safe houses to get ammo and after 3 full extractions (9 items) you have to go to a Safe House or BoO to acces your stash to manage all of it.

It really kills the flow and both need to be fixed ASAP.

Just give us unlimited ammo and extracted stash capacity please. It does nothing but waste time. Literally adds nothing to the game.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This actually doesn't always work. I run with a squad of 3 or 4 guys and we've tried to use this to change DZ servers when there are groups of 6-8 Rogues running around mowing everyone down and oftentimes it just sticks you right back in the same server.

Well if you have others in your group then...
Leave DZ -> drop group -> join on someone who wasn't leader -> enter DZ

That should almost always throw you into a different instance.

Honestly my main gripe with th DZ is the awful downtime of having to go to safe houses to get ammo and after 3 full extractions (9 items) you have to go to a Safe House or BoO to acces your stash to manage all of it.

Just give us unlimited ammo and extracted stash capacity please. It does nothing but waste time. Literally adds nothing to the game.

I am so glad that Massive isn't listening to your proposals.

ODDI

Any update on the next patch? Being stuck in backpack purgatory has put me away from the game for far too long ugh...

spyder_ur

Are there two separate HE AUG blueprints? I have the level 30 one but not the other one if so.

I think the ACR is my favorite AR. The Black Market AK just kicks too much for me.

I am so glad that Massive isn't listening to your proposals.

Are you serious?

It's boring as fuck and breaks the flow of an open world. What exactly does it "add". This argument keeps coming up but you don't ever have anything but short rude words.

So I ask you to actually describe what it adds to the game.

Having to do this boring routine really sucks when you're alone or with friends. If one player has less or more available in their one extraction bag it makes it even worse if you're helping low level friends. The ammo collection is also BROKEN (empty ammo clips don't fill and require you to refill twice, meaning you have to enter and exit the safe house twice) and waiting for a load screen for a fast travel once you reach a DZ checkpoint with a full stash is laughable. The stash should just be available at the checkpoints where the vendor is. Why do I need to go through a load time?

Also, they ARE listening. Consequence was severely reduced for rogue and regular players in the DZ. That was the first big change they made. Along with a blanket nerf of PC to stop overbuilds that break the game. Rogue success has been given a boost but once again it was because the game was so unbalanced in that state that the punishment for a rogue fuck up was the worst the game could do and no one wanted to do it. The whole point of the DZ.

How do you feel about those changes?

Frenden

Banned
I'm really happy with the state of the DZ and general balance.

SMGs might get a slight nerf.

Shotguns could use a slight buff.

HE and Div Tech drops could be upped and it would make the game a lot less grindy.

LiK

I'm really happy with the state of the DZ and general balance.

SMGs might get a slight nerf.

Shotguns could use a slight buff.

HE and Div Tech drops could be upped and it would make the game a lot less grindy.

feel like sherping me around to the extraction zones?

It's happened to me often in the DZ that a friend will join and the server is full and it does the transfer but then all the loot on the ground dissapears along with any remaining enemies!

Are you serious?

It's boring as fuck and breaks the flow of an open world. What exactly does it "add". This argument keeps coming up but you don't ever have anything but short rude words.

So I ask you to actually describe what it adds to the game.

Having to do this boring routine in the DZ really sucks when you're alone or with friends. If one player has less or more available in their one extraction bag it makes it even worse if you're helping low level friends. The ammo collection is also BROKEN (empty ammo clips don't fill and require you to refill twice, meaning you have to enter and exit the safe house twice) and waiting for a load screen for a fast travel once you reach a DZ checkpoint with a full stash is laughable. The stash should just be available at the checkpoints where the vendor is. Why do I need to go through a load time?

Also, they ARE listening. Consequence was severely reduced for rogue and regular players in the DZ. That was the first big change they made. Along with a blanket nerf of PC to stop overbuilds that break the game. Rogue success has been given a boost but once again it was because the game was so unbalanced in that state that the punishment for a rogue fuck up was the worst the game could do and no one wanted to do it. The whole point of the DZ.

How do you feel about those changes?

Honestly, I have no idea where you are going with your posts. They are incoherent when it comes to finding a point.

If anyone else can help me with this discussion. I'm unsure what's not clear from these posts.

Tawpgun

Amour up to 4,710 now. 65% wep dmg mitigation.

Your complaints don't make much sense. That's what Granadier is saying.

Jesus no wonder you were just chilling on top of that stairwell taking the bullets.

Also lol at not being able to vault over mobile covers. That DTech building is nuts

Amour up to 4,710 now. 65% wep dmg mitigation.

Your complaints don't make much sense. That's what Granadier is saying.

i think you and Granadier are never gonna agree on this and should stop debating each other until the next update is released. :)

I'm doing my best to type in English. I just feel bullied now.

I'm unsure what complaints I'm discussing don't make sense.

One example: Lack of stashes at DZ checkpoints requiring a fast travel load into the PvE area.

LiK

One example: Lack of stashes at DZ checkpoints requiring a fast travel load into the PvE area. My only explanation would be actual connection changes hidden as loading screens.

hey, it's cool. you made some valid complaints. don't feel bullied. we're just gonna need to wait and see what Massive is doing in the next update.

Jesus no wonder you were just chilling on top of that stairwell taking the bullets.

Also lol at not being able to vault over mobile covers. That DTech building is nuts

Yeah I just sponge so many bullets now. It's borderline absurd lol.

And I'm definitely going to spam the shit out of mobile cover in stairwells now. That worked so well.

One example: Lack of stashes at DZ checkpoints requiring a fast travel load into the PvE area.

My comment had nothing to do with your English whatsoever, don't feel bullied!

oSoLucky

So I just killed a rogue while he was on the ladder going up to the DZ02 parking garage extraction and it put him up top instead of dropping him down the ladder. Not happy with that. It's getting real annoying that the most action I see in the DZ is when I'm playing with friends who are terrible at PvP. I always feel like I'm 1v3 or 1v4. When I'm with people who are good, everyone is on their best behavior. I want my platinum dammit!

CHC

I'm still a bit confused about what skill power really does, but then again, I haven't looked much into it.

Among other things it makes your skill cooldowns lower and increases their power. For example, the heal ability is available a lot more often and heals much more with high skill (over 2 bars of HP vs barely more than one).

Haven't done any serious testing but those are things I noticed casually swapping gear around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom