• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tratorn

Cep0imMWAAAVwOg.jpg

How did you get this kind of DPS on your vector? Would you mind posting your mods and talents of the weapon or giving some tipps? Advices from other people here would be appriciated as well of course.
I have only 170k DPS with ~3.2k firearms.
I'm missing a good high end handle (didn't find a blueprint for that, any suggestions where to get one?), but I thought my other mods were pretty decent. Is your DPS boosted by a lot of precision?

And congratz to your HE M1A. I was damn happy when I found one.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Well he is Aussie/Kiwi :p

I am pretty sure he's a Kiwi, as a fellow rogue Kiwi, I have a radar for these things.

In other news, the community is really starting to feel great for this game, and positivity seems abundant: quite a different feel to 2 weeks after Destiny's launch (which I still love).

I really hope the Incursions update brings a few things to the table, make the DZ great again.

Klyka

Banned
I am pretty sure he's a Kiwi, as a fellow rogue Kiwi, I have a radar for these things.

In other news, the community is really starting to feel great for this game, and positivity seems abundant: quite a different feel to 2 weeks after Destiny's launch (which I still love).

I really hope the Incursions update brings a few things to the table, make the DZ great again.

You must not visit reddit much hahaha

Also, the April update is more PvE focused. The May update is the DZ one.

Brakara

Just got to level 30 and am doing missions on hard with 80k DPS and 60k health, which is somewhat easy. But what should my stats be before trying a CM mission?

I didn't feel like I was contributing in CM's until I could solo an enemy in a decent amount of time, once I hit around 100k dps it was better, now I'm around 120k/62khp/22k tech, and it's much better, I'd love to be sitting at higher dps but it's going to take a while for mats and PC for mod patterns though.

Edit: I'm starting to feel really curious about a stamina and tech build, I bet sitting at 100k tech must be badass

bjaelke

Daily and weekly assignments in the near future (different from daily mission - stuff you have to accomplish).

New activities coming to the Dark Zone.

Shane

Quick notes from State of the Game:

Weekly maintence window will remain Tuesday morning (European time)
Today is server updates only (no game hot fixes)
Server updates will not always include fixes

"Backpack issue" was hard to reproduce. Root cause now identified and fix in development (#1 bug fix priority).

Confirmed: scavenging does work. Guess they've had a lot of questions about that. Does not increase drop rate - increases % chance of quality rate.

Team recognised DZ was not working as intended; hence last week's changes. They have since seen more players going rogue. Now getting complaints about too many people going rogue; but they believe there must be a level of tension in the DZ.
Losing less when dying in the DZ was intended to aid people farming (i.e. not losing too much progress).
Since last week's change people are now spending double the amount of time in the DZ (vs time in non-DZ). Possibility that could be more to do with % of audience in the end game.

More streams later on - date TBC - with more detail on future changes.
Core game is there; now adding more activities/modes/end game.
Incursions - no new info.
Gear sets - definitely coming; no new info.
Daily & Weekly assignments - new activities that will change daily/weekly to provide more to do than farm in the DZ.
"Community stuff" - quick mention of "community stuff" but no elaboration to what they actually meant.
New DZ content - few additions/changes on the way. No further info.

Team recognised DZ was not working as intended; hence last week's changes. They have since seen more players going rogue. Now getting complaints about too many people going rogue; but they believe there must be a level of tension in the DZ.

Since last week's change people are now spending double the amount of time in the DZ (vs time in non-DZ). Possibility that could be more to do with % of audience in the end game.
Beautiful.

Pucker up, kids! And watch your backs.

Jafku

Liking the info so far. They said that they will reveal more about gear sets and incursions at another stream. They currently have no date for this stream

kvn

Yesterday, it happened to me for the first time that I was completely stuck after exiting the inventory. Could not move at all for about 30 seconds. Funnily, I could still move the camera, but no other button did anything. Very annoying. Happened to a friend, too, shortly afterwards.

deadduck

How did you get this kind of DPS on your vector? Would you mind posting your mods and talents of the weapon or giving some tipps? Advices from other people here would be appriciated as well of course.
I have only 170k DPS with ~3.2k firearms.
I'm missing a good high end handle (didn't find a blueprint for that, any suggestions where to get one?), but I thought my other mods were pretty decent. Is your DPS boosted by a lot of precision?

And congratz to your HE M1A. I was damn happy when I found one.

Accuracy inflation (25% headshot bonus and self preserved with 25k crit base as the other stats). I don't get 75k headshots on NMEs on any of the other vectors (probably made 60 now) I have.

I'm at work so don't know the details of the mods other than:

HE mag with 99% size and 13% weapon damage.
HE muzzle flash with crit.
HE CQBSS (or sommit) scope with headshot damage.
HE orange laser (random drop)

The SMG isn't as important as the gear for a 'crit build'. Other good SMGs still come out at 200-230k, some with much bigger mags.

Crit damage/chance on: gloves, backback, mask, kneepads and 5 mods. 59% crit chance, 134% crit damage and 60% headshot damage.

I have an AUG with identical stats, but no accuracy, the DPS stat is lower, but so is the damage I see on the enemies and the TTK is longer. Make of that what you will.

Hope that helps.

ISOM

BTW wtf is going on with the snipers in the DZ? I went there just as the server was shutting down to see if I can rogue on some randoms and almost died to a flashing green light that blinded the fuck out of me. It was the most intense shit outside of a boss fight.

BTW wtf is going on with the snipers in the DZ? I went there just as the server was shutting down to see if I can rogue on some randoms and almost died to a flashing green light that blinded the fuck out of me. It was the most intense shit outside of a boss fight.

Green tactical laser ftw

Quick notes from State of the Game:
Losing less when dying in the DZ was intended to aid people farming (i.e. not losing too much progress).

Not like this...

I for one have been trying to coop with my girlfriend and the environment they've created is so toxic and unnecessary they need to do something about it. I wouldn't be all that upset if it weren't for the fact that even if we don't have items on us we get rolled on for no fucking reason. The reasons to go rogue don't make since and for those of us that don't want to be fodder there isn't a place to farm HE items outside of the dz. I work hard to take down named enemies only to have all that time wasted by rogues which take a fraction of the time to kill me. This toxic relationship is desperately in need something for players like us that allows us to get HE gear or I fear that endgame content will just continue to be this crap. For a game that seems to care enough about anxiety issues (there's a few echoes about it) they don't seem to care about their players own mental health when struggling to play endgame content in the dz and how that negatively effects us.

Also am I the only one that wishes there was a difficulty level between hard and challenging? I find hard to easy and challenging nigh impossible due to it not scaling for player count.

Not like this...

I for one have been trying to coop with my girlfriend and the environment they've created is so toxic and unnecessary they need to do something about it. I wouldn't be all that upset if it weren't for the fact that even if we don't have items on us we get rolled on for no fucking reason. The reasons to go rogue don't make since and for those of us that don't want to be fodder there isn't a place to farm HE items outside of the dz. I work hard to take down named enemies only to have all that time wasted by rogues which take a fraction of the time to kill me. This toxic relationship is desperately in need something for players like us that allows us to get HE gear or I fear that endgame content will just continue to be this crap. For a game that seems to care enough about anxiety issues (there's a few echoes about it) they don't seem to care about their players own mental health when struggling to play endgame content in the dz and how that negatively effects us.

Also am I the only one that wishes there was a difficulty level between hard and challenging? I find hard to easy and challenging nigh impossible due to it not scaling for player count.

I got my wife to give the game another shot, we went into DZ and some level 12 assholes would shotgun us to death on our lower characters the second you came out the doors. We had zero exp and dz funds, so the fucker was getting absolutely nothing from killing us other than the thrill of being a wanker. Long story short my wife gave up on the game again lol.

Ulysses 31

Those complaining about the toxic DZ are on consoles? In EU PC it's been pretty non toxic with usually lots of NPCs to kill and downed players helping each other.

Only once did I get backstabbed by 2 rogues in my 1-30 grind at lvl 30 so far (just extracted to I didn't care much).

love the game so far. Got to level 30 yesterday was able to get my gear set to all lvl 30 purple today. Still hunting that 1st yellow which should happen as soon as I do a daily tomorrow (that holster is what I am leaning towards, but I have enough mats to craft if someone recommends one of the recipes instead).

I am running with Sub machine gun and Marksman rifle for now. It seems to be a really good combo and allows me to hand most situations.

1 question, where is this "gear score" I saw the coming event on the map with the 150 gear score recommendation, but did not see this gear score when looking around the menus.

Shane

For the posters above, are you both under level 30 then?

I'm at level 30 and there's no toxic behaviour in the DZ. Sure, there are more rogues now. But there should be.

Going rogue makes sense to me - pretty sure in real life I would be one of the first to die as no doubt humans would tear eachother apart in that kind of post acolyptic environment - the division is just showing what would happen a few years before mad max :p

I'm just glad the penalty is not too bad!

Those complaining about the toxic DZ are on consoles? In EU PC it's been pretty non toxic with usually lots of NPCs to kill and downed players helping each other.

Only once did I get backstabbed by 2 rogues in my 1-30 grind at lvl 30 so far (just extracted to I didn't care much).

on PS4, every time I seem to go in DZ with a group there is a party of 4 pretty strong people running and killing everyone. They seem to be pretty strong as when I see them my party is dead in like 10 seconds. (we are all fairly new level 30s). Maybe once they release some more endgame content these groups of OP players will have something better to do with all that high end gear than maraud the DZ.

For the posters above, are you both under level 30 then?

I'm at level 30 and there's no toxic behaviour in the DZ. Sure, there are more rogues now. But there should be.

It's horrid for lower levels, but I've had to stay out of DZ a few times over the stupid shit at lvl 30 even. I've even had people group with me only to have them fuck me over with their buddies and take my stuff.

The tension in DZ is good, but sometimes between the rapid npc respawns and a couple groups of geared out jerks with nothing better to do it is not fun at all. I've had better luck doing marathon runs of hard or challenge modes with randoms than grouping for DZ since all it takes is a few shots and you lose, which seems stupid considering the npcs take 500 headshots to kill with an average lvl 30 purple rifle on challenge mode

Edit: I should also add I missed out on all the good loot farming at the beginning so gearing up is a slow process for me, and DZ is by no means helping that.

Also no matter what game as soon as people play online they flock to cheats and exploits at the expense of the community in general sadly.

nbraun80

NA PC and I agree with you, I mainly roam around solo and very rarely run into people being dicks. I've noticed most groups won't straight up jump a solo guy unless he starts it. There are rogues and such, and I almost always pop survior link if I see someone hanging around me when I extract just to be safe. There should be that tension of trying to get an extraction off and when you bump into some, if that's too much for someone go run challenges and you'll get a yellow everytime with no worries.

We are both lvl 30 with some 31 HE gear tuned for health/damage so no we're not in the low lvl dz bracket. Between randos going rogue and baiters trying to make you go rogue it's hard to continue to play nightly. I'm also sick of other players deliberately running into my fire on a enemy, the game isn't smart enough to realize your one shot with a socom m1a isn't meant for the stupid ass that runs in front of the bullet. It's frustrating to say the least and diminishes the value of our experience.

What's even better than strafing into someone's line of fire is seeing them toss a nade at NPCs and then running directly into the blast radius lol

We are both lvl 30 with some 31 HE gear tuned for health/damage so no we're not in the low lvl dz bracket. Between randos going rogue and baiters trying to make you go rogue it's hard to continue to play nightly. I'm also sick of other players deliberately running into my fire on a enemy, the game isn't smart enough to realize your one shot with a socom m1a isn't meant for the stupid ass that runs in front of the bullet. It's frustrating to say the least and diminishes the value of our experience.

they should have a pacifist toggle. Basically if you have no intention of attacking someone you can turn it on, it would show your name tag in blue. Your bullets would not hit another player. However you could still be attacked, but if someone did attack you, you get 3-5 seconds of greatly reduced damage received. Switching off your tag would have the same effect, you would do greatly reduced damage for 3-5 seconds (to prevent people from abusing the tag).

If they thought to many people would use the tag they could have a reduced drop rate with tag on to give people an incentive not to use it.

they should have a pacifist toggle. Basically if you have no intention of attacking someone you can turn it on, it would show your name tag in blue. Your bullets would not hit another player. However you could still be attacked, but if someone did attack you, you get 3-5 seconds of greatly reduced damage received. Switching off your tag would have the same effect, you would do greatly reduced damage for 3-5 seconds (to prevent people from abusing the tag).

If they thought to many people would use the tag they could have a reduced drop rate with tag on to give people an incentive not to use it.
That's not the point of the dz though. The idea is that anyone could turn out to be a rogue agent at any time. A pacifist toggle defeats the purpose of the dark zone even existing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It's not even rogues. It's no fun running a loop out of sync with another group also running a loop, because the boss spawns get all fucked up. Then you have the problem with people just stealing division tech from each other.

At some point, the DZ is tedium because you are literally making marginal gains trying to scrounge together 3 gold division tech to craft another piece of RNG-laden gear. And it's the only place to farm end game gear and they somehow made it slower to progress than the Destiny raid system.

noomi

Last night go into the DZ at rank 43, get to nearly rank 44 over the course of an hour, die approx 6 times, back to where I started.

am cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom