• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm usually against this practice but the major thing this game is missing is the ability to teabag a rogue that tried to kill you and failed miserably.
I prefer a friendly golf clap over the crawling pre-corpse of someone who thought it would be a good idea to attack me.

noomi

You know what I would really like to see in the game, a player roster for the Dark Zone.

Just so I knew how many people were in my instance, how many rogues....etc

xkramz

I'm usually against this practice but the major thing this game is missing is the ability to teabag a rogue that tried to kill you and failed miserably.
I feel clapping is more disrespectful than rubbing your balls on his chin.

It's like.. "go you tried.. " lol

lt519

This is not about min-maxing this is getting solid gear. Hell I would love to roll knee pads that only have 2 junk stats. That is far from min maxing but with insane RNG just getting to 2 junk stats is a real pain. I could not imagine getting anything with 1 or 0 junk stats. To get a decent weapon is a .5% chance that is just insane. I am not even talking a min make weapon that is .02% chance. So no the progression is not fine if you are playing the game normally. To get fine progression you need to exploit and that is on the developers for not playing their own damn game and understanding the insane RNG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4cdztq/you_will_never_get_a_perfect_roll_here_is_why/

2.If you are looking for specific talents on a weapon here is the probability of getting the desired amount of talents you are looking for. 8.5714% Chance of getting your 1 desired Talent / 0.5042% Chance of getting your 2 desired Talents / 0.0153% Chance of getting your 3 desired Talents

This is the definition of min/max. I could craft one vector, one kneepad, one backpack, and one mask, live with whatever rolls I got, equip 3 other pieces of purple gear and be fine in Challenge mode. That would take a total of 10-15 days of doing just the Daily Hards and only the Daily Hards (like 30-40 minutes a day) to get enough PC to do that. In fact my first Challenge Mode (WarrenGate at that too) was done with my first Vector roll and only one crafted HE backpack.

If you want to stand in front of enemies and take shotguns to the face while mowing down enemies with one clip. Sure the progression system sucks. But playing with actual tactics and skill there is no need to do all this re-rolling and re-crafting.

I prefer a friendly golf clap over the crawling pre-corpse of someone who thought it would be a good idea to attack me.

Haha perfect. It's probably even better when you see a person that went rogue against you more recently and they are now friendly but downed and need you to revive them. A simple salute and slow walk away while they crawl towards you has to be painful for them to see. Did it in the Beta and haven't had a chance to do it yet in the full game.

Was hunting some rogue icons in dz05/6 yesterday by me lonesome and found them on a roof that was accessible via rope. There were some other agents below trying to get at them. A friend of mine joined my fireteam and that dreaded "server full" message popped up so I unloaded hell on the non-rogues in front of me and took two down before the server transition completed and I was warped away into another dimension lolol.

Bahaha, you monster.

Was hunting some rogue icons in dz05/6 yesterday by me lonesome and found them on a roof that was accessible via rope. There were some other agents below trying to get at them. A friend of mine joined my fireteam and that dreaded "server full" message popped up so I unloaded hell on the non-rogues in front of me and took two down before the server transition completed and I was warped away into another dimension lolol.

Deku Tree

Natchai say's that Ubi is looking at the possibility of having a "vote to kick" system instead of just allowing the fire team leader to kick whoever they want.

Haha perfect. It's probably even better when you see a person that went rogue against you more recently and they are now friendly but downed and need you to revive them. A simple salute and slow walk away while they crawl towards you has to be painful for them to see. Did it in the Beta and haven't had a chance to do it yet in the full game.
Lololol

Kickz

I usually color co-ordinate mine.

SMG - Pink
Assualt - Orange
Rifle - Green
Shotgun - Teal

I might need to try that, I guess that means there is no real way to know what you have in inventory unless you equip it? or is there something in the naming conventions I should remember?

knitoe

I found a DZ vendor selling purple gear mod with 8% scavenging. I bought 7 and raised my scavenging to 188%. Found 4 unopened tech container and still getting mostly greens. According to someone, it should only be blue / gold.

What is the "best" AR? I currently use vector and the Marksman rifle from DZ06 which is pretty bad actually but the HS crits are nice.

Just hit 50DZ yesterday, should I craft one of the DZ AR?

not straight away, players remain for 30 seconds on disconnect.
It's also good bait. Just stand somewhere in the middle of a street or near an extraction zone when you know other players are somewhere nearby and see if anyone tries to shoot you because they think you're afk, about to d/c or got d/c'd.

Their mistake.

I farmed Scarecrow for about 2 hours last night. Got a bunch of Phoenix Credits, but not one high-end drop.

I'm at the point where I can buy an assault rifle blueprint, but I'm still not sure which one. Any suggestions?

WizzNARD

So as far as a HE marksmen goes, is there a good blueprint to buy, or just hope for an M1A drop? Unless that's sold somewhere I don't know of?

Got the vector and AK-74U but really missing the range and ease of sniping. I don't even care if it's an M1 specifically, just want something good.

EL CUCO

Missed my dailies last night. Feels good to be able to get home early from work and knock them out right before the reset happens 👍

Only reason you need that much health is if you go rogue solo in the DZ. that's why OP changed his build. But if you roll in groups I always choose DPS or everyone steals all my kills :p

Also different weapon scale differently. If you have less firearms the MP5 is better.

Wheel doesn't need more dps. He needs a modified map so he doesn't get us lost while chasing down the innocents.

When you roll with wheel make sure Gong or someone else is there and follow them or you will end up lost.

In all seriousness though DPS/armor is what you want for the DZ.

I do like that you can roll through and keep getting PHX credits till it is maxed. Nice not to be limited each day. Now finding a group to rush through multiple times is another thing.

Gonna try moving away from the Caduceus/Skill build. Got an M4 in the DZ with a ridiculous rate of fire, its over 1000 with mods, so will try that for a while.

Built some Stamina pads to unlock the M4's talents, and want more health really.

Ceu4O_RW8AI9_lJ.jpg:large

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
But buying or crafting high ends is such a boring design decision.

I liked destiny's original vision that every gear has its story.

How's you get that HE vector, oh it was dropped after a grueling and intense CM mission.

How'd you get that HE M1A, oh it was dropped at dz06, while I was extracting 2 agents came up and I held my breath but nothing happened so nerve wracking

How'd you get that sweet HE chest piece, we saw 2 dudes extracting and decided to go rogue. Killed them and he dropped it!

Instead it's "wow that MP5 wrecks how'd you get it?" "Lol kept farming Hornet for 5 hours, got enough PXC and mats to craft it to perfection. So boring tho."

Nailed it. Crafting should supplement drops, not the other way around.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Custom M44 is god tier for rogue hunting.

I was chasing down rogues this morning, and it's actually pretty hard to catch them by yourself because I cant' run faster than them. I have to hope that some mobs slow them down, or another player cuts them off. I was thinking, if only I had a super powerful sniper rifle to finish him off...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
My go-to setup for taking down players is an SMG, M44, and Damascus. If the M44 doesn't do the trick for tanks that run, the Damascus has a good chance of making them bleed so they can't run.

Does anyone know how the proximity chat in the DZ work? Whenever I'm in a PS party chat we can sometimes hear other players in our headsets, but can't figure out if they hear us too.

Logic would dictate that they shouldn't be able to hear us if we're in a private chat, but occasionally they will, and we don't always hear other players. So not sure if there's a setting to toggle or if it's a glitch.

Klyka

Banned
Does anyone know how the proximity chat in the DZ work? Whenever I'm in a PS party chat we can sometimes hear other players in our headsets, but can't figure out if they hear us too.

Logic would dictate that they shouldn't be able to hear us if we're in a private chat, but occasionally they will, and we don't always hear other players. So not sure if there's a setting to toggle or if it's a glitch.

if you are in a party, they can't hear you but you can hear them cause the ingame voice counts as "game sound"

proximity chat is really annoying and has a large range, me and my friend have to get an outside app like vent or else everyone knows you are going to gank them.

jacobs34

I'm level 5 and the game is slowly starting to sink it's hooks into me. The aiming model took some getting used to, but now that I have a handle on it the moment by moment action is a lot of fun. This seems like a perfect game to jump into, knock out a couple of activities and jump out. The matchmaking for every mission is a nice touch as well.

UCBooties

I went into the Dark Zone for the first time at level 12 to see what it's about. I started a firefight with 5 elites (gold health bars) that I was managing decently with some kiting and use of my smart bombs. It looked like I might pull through but it was gonna be close. Suddenly I got flooded by at least ten strong (purple health bar) dudes and just got shredded.

Not gonna bother with DZ again until I hit the end game and then only if I can find some people to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom