• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just starting out and have a few questions. Did you solo most of the PvE mission's?
I'm at the point where I'm unlocking the medical and tech wings of the base. I'm level 5 but when I try to solo the Lincoln tunnel which unlocks the security or tech wing, I get slaughtered. It says it's for level 5 agents.

Should I hook up with randoms and complete them that way or should I do side missions and over level myself so I can do it solo? All of my equipment is green and I have 2 blue weapons. My dps is only 2 thousand.

Thank you in advance for any info or tips.

Use matchmaking if you are having issues or just open your group privacy settings to Public and it will populate your group as you play.

Grinding all the side missions and quests in a district before moving onto the next district with a new mission usually helps you get a bit better gear and a higher level to take on the next area.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I'm just starting out and have a few questions. Did you solo most of the PvE mission's?
I'm at the point where I'm unlocking the medical and tech wings of the base. I'm level 5 but when I try to solo the Lincoln tunnel which unlocks the security or tech wing, I get slaughtered. It says it's for level 5 agents.

Should I hook up with randoms and complete them that way or should I do side missions and over level myself so I can do it solo? All of my equipment is green and I have 2 blue weapons. My dps is only 2 thousand.

I did all of the side missions for an area before I did the main mission. That way I was powered enough to take the mission and/or make it much easier. I did hook up with randoms on some of the more challenging missions though. It always made it easier.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

You can approach it either way. There is a robust matchmaking system for everything in the game, so if you'd like to join up with other players then feel free.

Geneijin

D-Tech is only used for blueprints that are from the DZ though. If you have those blueprints than you are already rank 50 in the DZ and should have plenty good gear to allow farming.

I agree that their drop rate or mode of acquiring it should be looked at, but I don't think it should be available anywhere other than the DZ.
That's my point though, which is why I said the DZ is the endgame. In order to craft level 31 chest, gloves and vests, D-Tech can only be acquired in the DZ. But getting more D-Tech is a sparse resource. There are time restrictions before stock refreshes, and people are all competing over that limited availability, making it even scarcer. If you want people to leave the Dark Zone alone, this either needs to be made available elsewhere or level 30 blueprints bought from the DZ need to have there D-Tech requirement removed. It's such a chore getting them as it is now.

If they're in the DZ with 50k DPS, that's on them.

Just like in PvE where you shouldn't take on Challenging until you have a nice amount of purple gear equipped, at the least, the same goes for the DZ.

It's not the place to get your easy starter gear. Or it is, if you want, but fully accept that the possibility of someone going rogue is there.

The issue is that the game doesn't tell you everything. Not everyone playing this game is in a forum like this or following the subreddit.

You can only then use the cues the game gives you, such as a DZ mission at Level 10 and giving you access to Daily Hard and Challenge missions at Level 30 despite your actual gear loadout.

Its unfair to have people assume these things. Just like Destiny this game does an awful job of explaining itself to you.

Deku Tree

That's my point though, which is why I said the DZ is the endgame. In order to craft level 31 chest, gloves and vests, D-Tech can only be acquired in the DZ. But getting more D-Tech is a sparse resource. There are time restrictions before stock refreshes, and people are all competing over that limited availability, making it even scarcer. If you want people to leave the Dark Zone alone, this either needs to be made available elsewhere or level 30 blueprints bought from the DZ need to have there D-Tech requirement removed. It's such a chore getting them as it is now.

Massive has already said that changes to DTech are coming.

This is news to us here, are you talking about the weekly reset on Tuesday mornings at 3am EST?

Its done weekly, sometimes for massive patch roll outs or just server maintenance like this week.

There was a count down for servers restarting in like 20 minutes form now. Let me log back on and check.

Edit: Yep still see server shutdown warning. 19 minutes left. I am on east coast.

Edit 2: After quitting application and relaunching, count down is gone.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The issue is that the game doesn't tell you everything. Not everyone playing this game is in a forum like this or following the subreddit.

You can only then use the cues the game gives you, such as a DZ mission at Level 10 and giving you access to Daily Hard and Challenge missions at Level 30 despite your actual gear loadout.

Its unfair to have people assume these things. Just like Destiny this game does an awful job of explaining itself to you.

Really good point. Most people I play with aren't checking forums or even know what reddit is.

Tawpgun

Dark Souls is too unfair the bosses are too hard and deaths hit too hard and being invaded sucks and wah wah

Dark zone tears are delicious.

Massive should go all in on the DZ and keep refining it as it is the only thing (right now) worth a damn in this game.

Just to make sure I fully quit out of Division and reloaded. Now there is no server reset warning. WTF. Sorry for confusion. That hasn't happened before.

Dark Souls is too unfair the bosses are too hard and deaths hit too hard and being invaded sucks and wah wah

Dark zone tears are delicious.

Massive should go all in on the DZ and keep refining it as it is the only thing (right now) worth a damn in this game.

Yes, our discussion of the Dark Zone is tears....

Can we seriously not have a discussion here about it without resulting to people assuming those complaining suck at the game and are just crying?

I crossed the 7 day mark playing in game last night, 171/68/19, and can easily kill 10 players in the DZ as a solo rogue. Do we all have to give these credentials before discussing the DZ?

Geneijin

Massive has already said that changes to DTech are coming.
I'm aware of this. But as long as the DZ blueprints are locked behind the DZ and D-Tech, people who don't like the DZ and D-Tech endgame are gonna ask for changes like the DZ or alternatives to getting what they need elsewhere outside the DZ.

forms

It seems a lot of people are missing the fundamental issue of exploiting in an open world pvp scenario. Compare it to someone being able to chain kill and loot bosses in Wow, for example. Slightly broken. :D

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
People sound exactly like they do in WoW when they get ganked on a PVP server.

One of my favorite WoW moments was me repeatedly killing a guy (both max level, so not even ganking a lowbie), and then he got so mad, he hopped on his alliance-side alt just to bitch me out in chat. My exact reply was "good thing you picked a PvP server".

Tawpgun

Yes, our discussion of the Dark Zone is tears....

Can we seriously not have a discussion here about it without resulting to people assuming those complaining suck at the game and are just crying?

I crossed the 7 day mark playing in game last night, 171/68/19, and can easily kill 10 players in the DZ as a solo rogue. Do we all have to give these credentials before discussing the DZ?

Of course not

I don't care about people's skill level I care about people not understanding the intent of the DZ and wanting to change the very foundation of what makes it great

The issue is Dark Zone appeals primarily to the toxic community of closet sociopaths that get off on trolling and pwning with l33t gearz and hax. It should have been separated into 2 modes with the same content, a strictly PVE and Free For All mode. It's not the 1990's MMO's anymore, unbalanced pwning of noobs is not good game design. The FFA mode would be there for those that want that.

LOL exactly.

Another way to fix it is by making the PvE section more viable for end game. Or better yet make a non-PvP DZ where you can just farm and then the try hard can still try hard against other try hards. Give them access to better loot than you can get anywhere else.

The main problem outside of PvE being so useless for endgame is that new level 30 players or even ones who have been 30 for awhile and might even have all purple gear and even some HE are just massively outgeared by the people you described in the DZ.

I have faith they will fix it though.

I wish there was an easy way to tell which missions I have beat on hard at 30 lol I keep trying ones thinking maybe this is the one I am missing but nope my last trophy won't pop grr

Geneijin

Another way to fix it is by making the PvE section more viable for end game. Or better yet make a non-PvP DZ where you can just farm and then the try hard can still try hard against other try hards. Give them access to better loot than you can get anywhere else.
They could make Named elites respawn on a timer. They could even make Encounter missions repeatable for loot. Some missed opportunities really.

Of course not

I don't care about people's skill level I care about people not understanding the intent of the DZ and wanting to change the very foundation of what makes it great

Absolutely, the DZ shouldn't become an area that can be switched to PvE with no other players, it would make it even more boring since the only fun thing to do is go rogue. Collecting DT and grinding XP for DZ rank gets boring by the time you reach Rank 30ish.

However, everyone here has a valid claim to voice their opinion as players of the game. If people aren't having fun due to balancing issues that isn't good! We're all supposed to have a fun time and losing can be tense and fun too. However, being spawn camped, players running into your fire on purpose, players making spreadsheets for each gun to know how many shots they can pump into you to rogue bait you and more issues like this just cause grief and gameplay sessions that don't provide any reinforcement to players to want to play more.

DZ definitely needs some more work, but people need to stop assuming everyone just wants an on/off switch from other players in the DZ.

Iceman829

The issue is you have no idea what their equipment is like. All you can see is their Level and if they're Level 30 they can be 50-200k dps for all you know.

Once again, unlike some I am trying to listen to both sides of the DZ opinions.

Yeah its truly commendable to take on such a crazy balancing act. They have done a lot of good so far, but it was by listening to people complaining about how harsh the DZ was. People keep forgetting that Massive listened and reduced the penalty of death and death as a Rogue.

I feel the more information the game would provide would only benefit the players that want to go rogue or would go rogue if they saw bambi walking down the road all alone.

The only thing I could remotely think of would be what I've seen in other games where the first few DZ ranks they are placed in a holding pen for either a certain DZ rank or play time. After this time you can no longer access the holding pen and even deranking will not permit access. It would allow first timers like an hour in the DZ to run around and learn the streets, but after that hour or w/e rank they transition to the wolves den.

just going to edit this: being in the holding pen you can still go rogue, but you are most likely matched with other bambis since you never stepped into the dz

The death penalty reduction was a good idea. At the time everyone was (still is) worried about getting to rank 50 to buy DZ loot. Of course now everyone knows about the dtech grind, but at the time of the change no one wanted to go rogue because they would lose about 4hrs progress and they needed that 50. Everyone was hugging and handing out flowers and kisses. Then the servers turned on and no xp was being lost. ALL OUT WARZONE. Since then I've seen things balance out. Some rogues here and there, other groups just farming like mine. Everyone has different experiences online. Maybe I've been lucky or maybe enemies can't see me.

Just some knee pads which pushed crit dmg up 27.5% and the minors were all 25% resistance to shock, blind and burn. So pretty handy. Now I gotta farm for some high-end DT to craft this 31 chest piece.

I can't wait till I can craft chest armor. I'm using a purple lvl 30 piece that has 2 mod slots. I had a HE one drop but it has some of the worst stats on it.

I feel the more information the game would provide would only benefit the players that want to go rogue or would go rogue if they saw bambi walking down the road all alone.

The only thing I could remotely think of would be what I've seen in other games where the first few DZ ranks they are placed in a holding pen for either a certain DZ rank or play time. After this time you can no longer access the holding pen and even deranking will not permit access. It would allow first timers like an hour in the DZ to run around and learn the streets, but after that hour or w/e rank they transition to the wolves den.

The death penalty reduction was a good idea. At the time everyone was (still is) worried about getting to rank 50 to buy DZ loot. Of course now everyone knows about the dtech grind, but at the time of the change no one wanted to go rogue because they would lose about 4hrs progress and they needed that 50. Everyone was hugging and handing out flowers and kisses. Then the servers turned on and no xp was being lost. ALL OUT WARZONE. Since then I've seen things balance out. Some rogues here and there, other groups just farming like mine. Everyone has different experiences online. Maybe I've been lucky or maybe enemies can't see me.

I can't wait till I can craft chest armor. I'm using a purple lvl 30 piece that has 2 mod slots. I had a HE one drop but it has some of the worst stats on it.

It was hilarious that they put such a high penalty on Rogues at first when that is the whole reason the DZ exists. The changes really helped people take more risks and therefore more rogues and people going after rogues. It has made the DZ a much more tense place than before.

PC players are the bravest, the glitches and hacks I have seen on YouTube are ridiculous.

HelloMeow

I got some better gear and while it's less frustrating for me, I don't want to keep killing new players like it's nothing. I don't even get to see whether they're new or have significantly worse gear so I can only go after challenging targets... I really want to like PVP in this game, but it's just bleh. I haven't played it in days.

Do you guys know if its possible to craft a electronics backpack with a skill power bonus too?

I would check the calibration station on a current electronics backpack and see if it can roll with skill power bonuses too.

I believe anything the calibration station can give you can be rolled from crafting it as well.

so is DT farming fun?

Joke post? =l

It is really boring and doing a run where everything is already looted because someone else is running around just kills some runs.

Running around for chests is never fun and it sure isn't here.

Make DT farming a part of a farming run for multiple things (named enemies, extractions, landmarks, division tech etc.) to help with the monotony.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
LOL exactly.

The main problem outside of PvE being so useless for endgame is that new level 30 players or even ones who have been 30 for awhile and might even have all purple gear and even some HE are just massively outgeared by the people you described in the DZ.

I still can't believe they forgot to include an end game for PvE players.

So they forced people to find exploits and glitches instead. And they want people to buy a season pass for that?

I get that the game could use a little more clarity and I get that we're at the advantage of being forum junkies in addition to being Division junkies.

But when I tried Challenging with a good amount of blues and got smacked around, I realized I needed to play on Hard for a little while until I was geared more appropriately.

Going into the DZ and getting curbstomped in a second doesn't elicit that same response. Instead of, "Damn, I need to gear up" we have a response of wanting to remove the PvP aspect altogether.

At some point, player accountability needs to come into play. Massive shouldn't have to shoulder that blame. Getting 1-shotted by another player is its own tutorial. There are no amount of pop-ups that most people will just press X through anyway that will teach you better than that.

LOL exactly.

Devs have been pretty clear that they don't want to remove the risk form the risk/reward vision for the Dark Zone.

Gear up through Hard and Challenging modes, while crafting. Dark Zone for the incremental upgrade from level 30 to 31 gear.

FX-GMC

It was hilarious that they put such a high penalty on Rogues at first when that is the whole reason the DZ exists. The changes really helped people take more risks and therefore more rogues and people going after rogues. It has made the DZ a much more tense place than before.

PC players are the bravest, the glitches and hacks I have seen on YouTube are ridiculous.

I've seen more The Division hacks on YouTube than in The Division on PC.

Both times I came across a hacker I logged out then back in to join a new server. I'm not brave.

So they forced people to find exploits and glitches instead. And they want people to buy a season pass for that?

It's been known since day 1 that raids (or Incursions, or Operations, or whatever they'll be called next) would not be shipped at release and that they'll be coming in the month or so after. This isn't some shell game; they were upfront.

And nobody is forced to exploit. Hard and Challenging modes give out guaranteed drops. Once you go full Superior, you start to go full HE.

Painting a picture that exploiting the game is a requisite to gearing up is straight up disingenuous. Factually wrong.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

The thing is you don't really need 31 level stuff if you're not going to be in the dark zone. You can do all the challenge missions with just the stuff crafted or sold outside of the dark zone.

The bottom line is people want the goodies inside the dark zone but don't want to deal with how hardcore it is. Making they loot avaiable outside of the dz would kill the whole concept.

running around farming chests doesn't bother me THAT much, what bothers me is having the DT icon lit up on your map, even showing the location of the chest, but then when you get to it, it's already been looted.

I dont mind DZ weapons to be viable in normal PVE enviroment but Incursion gears should be focused on PVE enviroments and add new DZs for PVP gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom