• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

thespot84

posting the discord link here for convenience since it doesn't seem to be in the OP (or I'm just blind). Quote this post for info. You can run discord in browser or download the app, which I prefer on windows.

Quote to reveal Discord invite link

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
running around farming chests doesn't bother me THAT much, what bothers me is having the DT icon lit up on your map, even showing the location of the chest, but then when you get to it, it's already been looted.

That and those damn glitched landmarks. (looking at you gas station, Q building, and music store)

posting the discord link here for convenience since it doesn't seem to be in the OP (or I'm just blind). Quote this post for info. You can run discord in browser or download the app, which I prefer on windows.

Quote to reveal Discord invite link

Iwrwowb.png

Just gotta click the Discord button and quote the post there. :)

Geneijin

The thing is you don't really need 31 level stuff if you're not going to be in the dark zone. You can do all the challenge missions with just the stuff crafted or sold outside of the dark zone.

The bottom line is people want the goodies inside the dark zone but don't want to deal with how hardcore it is. Making they loot avaiable outside of the dz would kill the whole concept.
You're just reaffirming my point in how the endgame is the DZ. It's why I've stated repeatedly that it is, and why people like myself are asking for alternatives outside the DZ or will ask for changes in the DZ if it remains that way. Also, your point doesn't make sense when I just said level 31 chest, gloves, and holster was limited to DZ Rank 50. Are you forgetting you can get level 31 backpacks, kneepads, and masks from the Special Gear Vendor that's outside the DZ in the Base Ops? How's level 30 good enough when the game progression is presented in this way? People are forced to deal with how "hardcore" the DZ is because of how the endgame is situated.

I still can't believe they forgot to include an end game for PvE players.

So they forced people to find exploits and glitches instead. And they want people to buy a season pass for that?

If you really want a PVE end game right now, go into the DZ06 & DZ05. Trolls don't hang out there, all of the enemies are level 32, and the drop rates are higher. I understand that these aren't exactly missions, but they certainly provide a challenge to those looking for it.

As for forcing people to glitch and exploit, that's not true at all. There are other ways to get Phoenix Credits, but the people that exploit and glitch don't want to bother with it, or are in a rush.

Seriously, though, try out the good Dark Zones.

You're just reaffirming my point in how the endgame is the DZ. It's why I've stated repeatedly that it is, and why people like myself are asking for alternatives outside the DZ or will ask for changes in the DZ if it remains that way. Also, your point doesn't make sense when I just said level 31 chest, gloves, and holster was limited to DZ Rank 50. Are you forgetting you can get level 31 backpacks, kneepads, and masks from the Special Gear Vendor that's outside the DZ in the Base Ops? How's level 30 good enough when the game progression is presented in this way? People are forced to deal with how "hardcore" the DZ is because of how the endgame is situated.

Just because there is a highest level of gear doesn't mean that that gear is necessary for progression. People get the gear because they want it. It exists. That's fine. However, it existing doesn't make it necessary.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's been known since day 1 that raids (or Incursions, or Operations, or whatever they'll be called next) would not be shipped at release and that they'll be coming in the month or so after. This isn't some shell game; they were upfront.

And nobody is forced to exploit. Hard and Challenging modes give out guaranteed drops. Once you go full Superior, you start to go full HE.

Painting a picture that exploiting the game is a requisite to gearing up is straight up disingenuous. Factually wrong.

I've farmed Lexington like 40-50 times now to the point where I, and everyone in this thread, can do it in my sleep. What else am I supposed to do if I want to play the game legitimately but have no interest in dealing with other players and their alpha bro-ness?

The thing is you don't really need 31 level stuff if you're not going to be in the dark zone. You can do all the challenge missions with just the stuff crafted or sold outside of the dark zone.

The bottom line is people want the goodies inside the dark zone but don't want to deal with how hardcore it is. Making they loot avaiable outside of the dz would kill the whole concept.
The problem is what does gear score 150 mean? Somehow they released a system more arcane than Destiny's light levels and they haven't said what you actually need to reach that arbitrary number. Until then, people are going to want the best gear possible.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you really want a PVE end game right now, go into the DZ06 & DZ05. Trolls don't hang out there, all of the enemies are level 32, and the drop rates are higher. I understand that these aren't exactly missions, but they certainly provide a challenge to those looking for it.

As for forcing people to glitch and exploit, that's not true at all. There are other ways to get Phoenix Credits, but the people that exploit and glitch don't want to bother with it, or are in a rush.

Seriously, though, try out the good Dark Zones.
I have a DZ06 loop. So forget the fact that sometimes the bosses don't respawn, the other problem is that even if you aren't dealing with rogues and all that bullshit, you're still competing with others for kills/d-tech. So if there is another group on the server and you aren't running the same loop as them, either you are stealing boss kills from them or they are stealing them from you.

Which would be fine if you could switch servers, but the only way to do that is to constantly leave and rejoin the game and hope the game does a server transition into an empty server.

Geneijin

Just because there is a highest level of gear doesn't mean that that gear is necessary for progression. People get the gear because they want it. It exists. That's fine. However, it existing doesn't make it necessary.
Try going for a pure Electronics build while maintaining a skill power of 46,000 and obtaining a 1889 Firearms requirement for weapon talents. You kind of need 31 gear to have the necessary mod slots for Firearm gear mods with +1,000 skill power if you want to maintain that threshold since after 40,000 skill power, depending on what skills you're specializing in unlike the Pulse w/ Tactical Scanner mod, you'll see faster drop offs and diminishing returns past that point. I'm stuck because I have to deal with the DZ to further my build.

oSoLucky

Looking to blaze through WarrenGate on PS4. None of my friends are on atm, and I'll run it if I can get 3 others from here. I refuse to MM it because in my experience, it turns a 15-20 minute CM into a 1 hour CM and I don't have that kind of time to dick around today. PSN is KC_Darkness. I don't give a shit about anyone being full HE or w/e, just at least moderately geared, again because I'm not in much of a time wasting mood(parents coming in town today, and me and the wife want to get the baby together and all cleaned up before they get here).

Kopy, you running a Caduceus Electronic build? That's exactly what I'm trying to do with my little nublet that I'm leveling up atm. Thinking 1900/2100/2800 with around 40k skill if I can manage it. Do you need perfect rolls on your gear to make it work?

fr0st

Banned
I've farmed Lexington like 40-50 times now to the point where I, and everyone in this thread, can do it in my sleep. What else am I supposed to do if I want to play the game legitimately but have no interest in dealing with other players and their alpha bro-ness?

The problem is what does gear score 150 mean? Somehow they released a system more arcane than Destiny's light levels and they haven't said what you actually need to reach that arbitrary number. Until then, people are going to want the best gear possible.
Wait tomorrow man. My guess its tied to gear power lvl.

You could:

- Wait for the raid that they said prior to launch wouldn't be shipped with launch and about which they are providing details tomorrow.

- Not say that players are forced to exploit the game when they aren't, which detracts from the many valid issues with the game that could be made since we have to halt everything to go through this routine. Particularly since you're admitting here that you've played the game legitimately.

For improvements, I think this game needs to see some sort of token system that can be traded in for guaranteed specific gear, similar to the Destiny approach. The phoenix credits aren't cutting it, since all it does is funnel players back into the RNG cycle.

Try going for a pure Electronics build while maintaining a skill power of 46,000 and obtaining a 1889 Firearms requirement for weapon talents. You kind of need 31 gear to have the necessary mod slots for Firearm gear mods with +1,000 skill power if you want to maintain that threshold since after 40,000 skill power, depending on what skills you're specializing in unlike the Pulse w/ Tactical Scanner mod, you'll see faster drop offs and diminishing returns past that point. I'm stuck because I have to deal with the DZ to further my build.

So then you're argument is that the highest level of gear is a necessity because you have a very specific build that you want to achieve that stays above certain stat thresholds?

You understand how that doesn't make any of that gear a necessity but instead a personal goal/desire? That build isn't something that's needed to get past any content. It's just something you want to achieve.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You could:

- Wait for the raid that they said prior to launch wouldn't be shipped with launch and about which they are providing details tomorrow.

- Not say that players are forced to exploit the game when they aren't, which detracts from the many valid issues with the game that could be made since we have to halt everything to go through this routine. Particularly since you're admitting here that you've played the game legitimately.

For improvements, I think this game needs to see some sort of token system that can be traded in for guaranteed specific gear, similar to the Destiny approach. The phoenix credits aren't cutting it, since all it does is funnel players back into the RNG cycle.

I know the incursion is "coming soon". I just don't understand how they thought 4 challenge mode missions was enough of a band-aid until it comes.

I went from being addicted and loving the game to almost despising it the last week. I flip flopped so hard I gave myself whiplash.

Wait tomorrow man. My guess its tied to gear power lvl.
I mean we'll see. If it turns out you actually do need a full level 31 set to get to power level 150 what then? PvE players should just give up and stop playing the game?

whoever designed the DT drop rates should be ashamed of themselves, you could be running for an hour and don't get any yellows
You could be running for an hour and find all the boxes are opened. lol

Geneijin

Kopy, you running a Caduceus Electronic build? That's exactly what I'm trying to do with my little nublet that I'm leveling up atm. Thinking 1900/2100/2800 with around 40k skill if I can manage it. Do you need perfect rolls on your gear to make it work?
You don't need perfect rolls on your gear, but some things like venturing into the Dark Zone could be a factor. I tried running a 1,000 Stamina (30,000 health) character in there, but it's not feasible when the areas are so open unlike any of the challenge modes, even Lincoln Tunnel Checkpoint. I could always add more Stamina, but it's a PvE build ultimately where I'll be boosting everyone else, so I've been running 1400 Stamina in the DZ and have been doing mostly okay with my 20 second First Aid heals. Ideally, I wish I could add more armor. Just know that the Masks can roll like 4300 Skill Power under major attributes, and Backpacks can also roll like 5700 Skill Power. If you want to sacrifice Electronics for more Firearms, rolling Firearm gear mods might be a priority for you in all honesty. You can get 1,100-1,400 (I forget the exact range) skill power on them too, which is equivalent to 100+ Electronics because each point of Electronics is like 10 skill power. You can also roll Stamina or Electronic gear mods with skill power fyi

If i only want to farm exp in the dz is it better to just stick to the lower levels?

Yes. Use some gear and make some manageable sacrifices for increased kill XP % perks to make the XP better. If you can.

The difference between a purple level 30 enemy and a yellow level 32 isn't worth it if you don't want to especially if solo.

I've had bad luck with the drops in DZ05/DZ06 as well. The buff they talked about doesn't seem to be that significant.

It works the other way around, DZ01-03 bosses and chests seem to have a way higher chance of dropping HE items.

Torch at the DZ03 extraction is the #1 source of Midas drops.

Add to that the bug that prevents DZ05-06 named bosses from spawning, it's really pointless venturing further than DZ04. Lower bosses are plentiful, spawn faster and a lot easier to take down solo.

Geneijin

So then you're argument is that the highest level of gear is a necessity because you have a very specific build that you want to achieve that stays above certain stat thresholds?

You understand how that doesn't make any of that gear a necessity but instead a personal goal/desire? That build isn't something that's needed to get past any content. It's just something you want to achieve.
And you do understand how not telling to progress to level 31 gear is like telling me to stop playing the game once I get all HE 30 gear in challenge mode right? I could have quit the game weeks ago then. I'm just listing an example. And then, you might understand why rolling 31 vests with D-Tech requirements is such a chore doing so.

I know the incursion is "coming soon". I just don't understand how they thought 4 challenge mode missions was enough of a band-aid until it comes.

I went from being addicted and loving the game to almost despising it the last week. I flip flopped so hard I gave myself whiplash.

Yeah, I get the frustration.

My hope for the Incursion is that it's hard as nails without resorting to cheap ways to make it hard, and that the reward is not, in any way, RNG-based.

ISOM

Yeah the amount of challenge missions they have had over the past month is disgusting. They couldn't even switch it up and do one set of challenge missions this week and change it again the next week. That would have at least kept things fresh until the incursion.

I might as well be playing on easy when doing hard missions.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I get the frustration.

My hope for the Incursion is that it's hard as nails without resorting to cheap ways to make it hard, and that the reward is not, in any way, RNG-based.
I don't know why, but at this point I'm assuming the worse and it'll just end up like Destiny's raids. Once a week with RNG loot drops at checkpoints and level 33/34 enemies. And maybe people will be asking for checkpoints during the daily reset like they did before because everyone wanted to skip the tedious sections of the raids in order to get to the loot.

Yeah the amount of challenge missions they have had over the past month is disgusting. They couldn't even switch it up and do one set of challenge missions this week and change it again the next week. That would have at least kept things fresh until the incursion.
Yeah, at this point a PvE player has 3 things to do. And if you're like me and capped at phoenix credits with no place to spend them, there's literally zero reason to do them.

I might as well be playing on easy when doing hard missions.

Why are they only rotating like, four CM missions? Maybe they're too short or something?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
It works the other way around, DZ01-03 bosses and chests seem to have a way higher chance of dropping HE items.

Torch at the DZ03 extraction is the #1 source of Midas drops.

Add to that the bug that prevents DZ05-06 named bosses from spawning, it's really pointless venturing further than DZ04. Lower bosses are plentiful, spawn faster and a lot easier to take down solo.

Agreed. The only real reason I venture up there is when I'm on a manhunt.

deadduck

Love a manhunt on the streets of DZ2/3. Give the other players something to focus on rather than watching their backs.

Tried to play on PC, but nothing but Mike/Delta so back to the PS4 master race.

Lender

Anybody know why the DZ is so irregular when it comes to hiding the HUD? Normally the HUD always stays on while playing in the DZ, but I've noticed that a couple of times the HUD disappears like it does in the campaign mode as well. Is there a trick for this or something? Because I'd love to take some screens in the DZ as well, but the HUD ruins it for me.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

I see what you're saying, I would rather they add more stuff outside the DZ and leave the DZ as it is, minus a few tweaks here and there.

My point was that for PvE folks, the challenge modes are your endgame, and you can get through them without having to use DZ gear.

Lender

Anybody know why the DZ is so irregular when it comes to hiding the HUD? Normally the HUD always stays on while playing in the DZ, but I've noticed that a couple of times the HUD disappears like it does in the campaign mode as well. Is there a trick for this or something? Because I'd love to take some screens in the DZ as well, but the HUD ruins it for me.

Quick example. This was recorded in the dark zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjcxcxprJ5M

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I see what you're saying, I would rather they add more stuff outside the DZ and leave the DZ as it is, minus a few tweaks here and there.

My point was that for PvE folks, the challenge modes are your endgame, and you can get through them without having to use DZ gear.
I don't think anyone wants to change the DZ. They just want alternatives if they don't want to deal with the DZ. At the moment, there are literally none except using exploits.

Olengie

I like it when Rogues pop their Survivor Link after they try to gank me. But then I kill them without popping mine. LOL.

Just because I solo the DZ most of the time doesn't mean I'm easy pickings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom