• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

They could put in a passive mode or something which only allows you to kill rogues but not other agents. This would help with those situations where you hit someone by accident due to cross fire.

Have the downside that you can't become rogue unless you disable the option but have to wait a certain amount of time before you can kill anyone.

I just think they need a better way to discern intention. Some way to figure out that 90% of my damage just went into AI so clearly that grenade wasn't intended for the agent the went all Leroy Jenkins.

That or if you go rogue with a 20 second timer you should be able to immediately give yourself up, drop one item and a little XP, reduce the sentence.

I didn't go rogue. I hit someone by accident ONCE and it put the 20 second timer on. This is part of the reason the rogue system is stupid.

971.gif

I don't know if Gaf likes bad art, but my group were all busy tonight so I spent an hour or some messing around with After Effects. Decided to make some simple motion graphics of the Division logo.

that's actually really cool. although I feel like the second ring should also be orange.

What's the best way to matchmake for missions? I keep getting put into the safe house after finding a match and then having to fast travel to the mission. Sorry I haven't been on the thread in awhile.

Terrific response.
Expect it really is your fault you went rogue, you weren't aware of you're surroundings and shot a player, and like someone else said, if you shot them once with an AR or an smg you wouldn't go rogue, so I assume you were using a marksman rifle.

Also you're response wasn't any more terrific lol

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I don't know if Gaf likes bad art, but my group were all busy tonight so I spent an hour or some messing around with After Effects. Decided to make some simple motion graphics of the Division logo.

Change the timeline and render at 60 fps. Would look alot better. :p

noomi

Died a few times in the DZ and undid about an hour worth of leveling and lost a HE drop on top of it :(

Can't even be mad though, the guys that killed us were clearly better geared than us so we stood little chance. Kept trying to go after them and just died over and over.

Calling it a night after that, still need 5 more DZ ranks :(

LiK

logging in now. invite me for whatever. hoping Gaffers from last night will help me with Extraction trophy if you're on.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
LoL ... sometimes i feel like i'm in a different loot pool than most of the posters on here. I logged in this morning for at most like 45 minutes before i had to drop my kid off and get to work. Pop into the DZ and putz around a bit. Start jogging up towards DZ6 and swing through the refueling station to clear it out. There are a couple agents already working on them from the other side so we surround the group and make quick work of all of them. Boss goes down with very little fanfare and lo and behold...

HE drop right there with another purple for the why nots of it.
Swoop in, pick it up, run back to a more relaxed extraction and away it goes. Jog up to DZ6 to help my buddy out and make it to a safe house in time to log off and head to work.

It's like this every day i go into the DZ. I almost expect at least one HE item every time i walk through the doors now. Lovin it but still need to climb to 50 so i can get the Modified sniper ... i neeeeeeeeed it.

Iceman829

First night since release I've come off early. Super boring tonight running around the whole DZ to barely get any Division Tech. I only need 1 yellow for my 31 chest blueprint.

Can't be assed to do any PVE so I'll hit up Netflix for tonight. Looking forward to see what news comes tomorrow though.
I was just about to get on too. Perhaps another night. Now I have to wait like 2hrs for other people to get on

LoL ... sometimes i feel like i'm in a different loot pool than most of the posters on here. I logged in this morning for at most like 45 minutes before i had to drop my kid off and get to work. Pop into the DZ and putz around a bit. Start jogging up towards DZ6 and swing through the refueling station to clear it out. There are a couple agents already working on them from the other side so we surround the group and make quick work of all of them. Boss goes down with very little fanfare and lo and behold...

HE drop right there with another purple for the why nots of it.
Swoop in, pick it up, run back to a more relaxed extraction and away it goes. Jog up to DZ6 to help my buddy out and make it to a safe house in time to log off and head to work.

It's like this every day i go into the DZ. I almost expect at least one HE item every time i walk through the doors now. Lovin it but still need to climb to 50 so i can get the Modified sniper ... i neeeeeeeeed it.

Screw you.

I kid! My luck isn't that great, I've had 2 HE drops since I've been 30. Everything else has been crafted or given to me.

webkatt

Expect it really is your fault you went rogue, you weren't aware of you're surroundings and shot a player, and like someone else said, if you shot them once with an AR or an smg you wouldn't go rogue, so I assume you were using a marksman rifle.

Then the other player should be penalized as he wasn't aware of his surroundings and was shot as a result.

Pandy

Been ghosting this thread for a while, as I'm on holiday and can't play the game at the moment.

I'm still dismayed by people talking up the EXP virtues of going rogue.

It completely messes up the rogue dynamic in my mind, which should be all about stealing stuff from each other and then still having to extract it yourself.

Eyeing up someone's extraction pouch should be more tempting than it is. Needs colour coding or size variance.

I don't mind players killing other players at random, but I don't like them being incentivised to do so without having to put in equal work to recover the rewards.

The EXP bonuses could be awarded on extraction of the stolen/retrieved gear itself. That'd give both rogues and rogue hunters a lot more to sweat over, and focus the action on extraction zones instead of spawn camping.

The DZ is great, but it isn't perfect yet.

EDIT: Also, if you don't want to go rogue, then check your fire. I haven't been rogue often, but every time it was my fault for carelessly unloading my weapon too close to a 'friendly'.

flaproosta

Neo Member
anyone in here mind helping me extract from one of the DZ05 extractions? last one I need for that trophy and struggling without a group\

scoobs

Anyone on PC just falling through floors doing heroic missions? Its been like this for like 3 days for me, can't do any heroics.

Then the other player should be penalized as he wasn't aware of his surroundings and was shot as a result.
Getting penalized for being shot at? That doesn't sound fun. If a guy intentionally tries to kill you and you kill him for the extra rogue rewards, it won't mean anything because you lost that bonus because you got shot at. It's not his fault he was shot at, he wasn't controlling that person and didn't make that person shoot him.

EL CUCO

I now have 3 Vectors and dont know which is best. Which one would you use, DGAF.

1) Responsive (dmg increase 13%), accurate, Determined (8.5% skill increase with kill)

2) Brutal (headshot incrse 24%), Fierce (crit chance increase 8%), Restored (negative status removed w kill)

3) Vicious (crit chance increase 13% w full health), Deadly (crit damage increase 26%), Meticulous (23% chance instant mag refill w kill)

Halp

Deku Tree

I now have 3 Vectors and dont know which is best. Which one would you use, DGAF.

1) Responsive (dmg increase 13%), accurate, Determined (8.5% skill increase with kill)

2) Brutal (headshot incrse 24%), Fierce (crit chance increase 8%), Restored (negative status removed w kill)

3) Vicious (crit chance increase 13% w full health), Deadly (crit damage increase 26%), Meticulous (23% chance instant mag refill w kill)

Halp

3 is perfect

Been ghosting this thread for a while, as I'm on holiday and can't play the game at the moment.

I'm still dismayed by people talking up the EXP virtues of going rogue.

It completely messes up the rogue dynamic in my mind, which should be all about stealing stuff from each other and then still having to extract it yourself.

Eyeing up someone's extraction pouch should be more tempting than it is. Needs colour coding or size variance.

I don't mind players killing other players at random, but I don't like them being incentivised to do so without having to put in equal work to recover the rewards.

The EXP bonuses could be awarded on extraction of the stolen/retrieved gear itself. That'd give both rogues and rogue hunters a lot more to sweat over, and focus the action on extraction zones instead of spawn camping.

The DZ is great, but it isn't perfect yet.

EDIT: Also, if you don't want to go rogue, then check your fire. I haven't been rogue often, but every time it was my fault for carelessly unloading my weapon too close to a 'friendly'.

Not sure what you're trying to say. It's not like when you go rogue you immediately are rewarded. You have to actually survive to get the rewards. Also, are you saying that there should be some kind of visual indicator as to what a person is carrying in their backpack? That's half the fun about killing someone with loot. Do you risk going rogue for the chance at some high end gear, only to realize that the person was only carrying blue and green items?

People keep complaining about the DZ, saying that it's not perfect, or it needs work, etc etc, yet they give no idea or thoughts about what to do to improve it.

The Dark Zone's design is working as intended. The changes from the first patch improved it significantly, and it's exactly where it needs to be imo.

Kadin

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but it's a large thread and GAF doesn't support search phrases (plus a lot of people have used "single player" to refer to, well, a single player), so forgive me, but without further adou: Is this game a worthwhile single-player experience? I've decided to hit the breaks on my Far Cry Primal playthrough until the next PC patch is live (since it adds higher-res textures) and as that's still two weeks away, I figured I'd sink my teeth into something else until said update hits... and what better than another Ubi game. ;)

Edit: Oh, and I realise that the "dark zone" stuff is limited to MP.
JaseC, great to see you in here. The game is a blast single player as I did all the side stuff on my own. Matchmaking works great though for the main story missions. Not that it's a necessity, it's just a lot more fun - to me anyways.

Jump in and have fun!

Went ahead and crafted 2 vectors just now.

Talents are Deadly(crit damage increased by 26%), Responsive( Dmg increased by 13% within 10m) and Fierce(crit chance increased by 8%).

Second is Brutal(headshot damage increased by 24%), Responsive(dmg increased within 10m) and Destructive(armor destruction increased by 18%).

No idea which one to use.

EL CUCO

I like #3

3 is perfect
Thanks guys :)

Talents are Deadly(crit damage increased by 26%), Responsive( Dmg increased by 13% within 10m) and Fierce(crit chance increased by 8%.

Second is Brutal(headshot damage increased by 24%), Responsive(dmg increased within 10m) and Destructive(armor destruction increased by 18%.

Wow both of those look good. Leaning towards the first one but I'd probably keep both and use the first one for pvp and the other for pve

Kadin

Talents are Deadly(crit damage increased by 26%), Responsive( Dmg increased by 13% within 10m) and Fierce(crit chance increased by 8%.

Second is Brutal(headshot damage increased by 24%), Responsive(dmg increased within 10m) and Destructive(armor destruction increased by 18%.

All other things (base dmg) being equal, I love that armor destruction. I guess it also depends on how good your cc/chd is without the additions from the first one.

BondFancy

I am sure once they increase the level cap we might see this.
Using rank that you can lose for brackets is....not a good idea :D
My thought process was 45 would deter people from purposefully dropping from DZ 50 (Thus losing their blueprint purchase ability). Another fix could be to not allow anyone above a 30-49 bracket to reduce back to a lower bracket.

lt519

Holy shit Lik, that was the most insane I've ever seen a Dark Zone. There were these 4 people vs the entire server and people going rogue in the cross fire. Not even sure what was happening I was just throwing grenades and sticky bombs and ended up with 5 rogue kills.

This one guy Mr. Nobody just couldn't be killed, it was unbelievable. His teammates would go down and he'd be tanking a 1v8 like a boss.

First Incursion Details

An Incursion is a PvE end-game activity for a group of four players at max level. Incursions require preparation and coordination as they are extremely challenging. The first incursion will be available in the first free update. More Incursions are in development.

Was hoping for 8-man squads, but oh well. Now we need to find out about our beloved season pass drops and exclusive content

spyder_ur

Getting two yellow DTs out of one crate is like winning the lottery.

I also think scavenging helps with getting regualr yellows out of the BoO crates. Just got two.

Kadin

First Incursion Details

An Incursion is a PvE end-game activity for a group of four players at max level. Incursions require preparation and coordination as they are extremely challenging. The first incursion will be available in the first free update. More Incursions are in development.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...cial_report_about_the_next_update_incursions/

Confirmed to be 4 players
Read that earlier and really bummed they're sounding more and more like a challenging Challenge mode. Was hoping they'd be bigger and longer raid-like missions. Guess we'll know more tomorrow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC, great to see you in here. The game is a blast single player as I did all the side stuff on my own. Matchmaking works great though for the main story missions. Not that it's a necessity, it's just a lot more fun - to me anyways.

Jump in and have fun!

<3 Glad to hear it. I took tonight off work, so I'm looking forward to diving in later today.

Edit: Are the outfit packs part of the Gold Edition?

Edit edit: They were released a few weeks ago now. I suppose not. That's... pretty stingy, honestly. I mean, I realise neither are really content, but that just makes their exclusion all the more irksome.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Love it!! Do you mind if I add this to the OP?

Do you know how to force that to happen or did you get into it with MM?

1. Have a group of 3 minimum outside of the mission area with it set to Challenging (if you change the mission difficulty after you make the large group it will boot those extra players)
2. Have someone start joining the group, the person joining needs to tell them to boot them when their loading gets to 78% (just before 80% to account for mic lag)
3. As soon as that person appears with a white name (not in the group) the group leader needs to join that white named person
4. Invite players to the teams and get it to 8
5. Repeat to add more white named players who can each then add 3 more players (just set it to open if you don't have enough friends to add)
6. To restart the mission go to the map and press the triangle button on the mission name to replay and start again before the mission rewards appear.

It takes some trial and error but it just took us 20 minutes to get a team of 16 here.

CHC

First Incursion Details

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...cial_report_about_the_next_update_incursions/

Confirmed to be 4 players

Fuck yeah, so they're like challenge-challenge modes. Excited for some new scenery, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom