• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Hoping to accomplish 50 DZ this weekend. Not even that concerned with drops, just looking forward to grabbing some HE blueprints with all these saved up Phoenix Creds.

Ice, other dudes you know the GT but for others on Xbox One it's: DomsPlaying

Hit me up for dailies or DZ! :-D

I only made it to 48.5 last night. These guys I played other games with randomly joined my game because their party leader clicked my name instead of the base of operations. I was sitting around trying to eat my dinner and then they all joined. Only had 1 HE drop after getting 6/7 the other night

Admittedly a dumb question probably, but is there any way to sort or group gear items in inventory?

I always want to sort say attachments or mods so that I can see the ones of the same "type" together. Maybe I just haven't seen it yet, or it's just not offered.

Iceman829

Admittedly a dumb question probably, but is there any way to sort or group gear items in inventory?

I always want to sort say attachments or mods so that I can see the ones of the same "type" together. Maybe I just haven't seen it yet, or it's just not offered.

Armor is sorted in the stash, but mods (gun or armor) don't sort unfortunately.

Is "damage reduction" the same as "Armor: Mitigates _% weapon damage(located in the character tab)."

And if this number is so important why is it basically hidden from you in game? For that matter why isn't there an average "armor" number posted prominently somewhere considering it seemingly ties into the all-important damage reduction number.

Dunlop

Any strategy to quickly leveling up in the dark zone, my character is "pve" level 30 but liike like 10 DZ

When i go in solo I have my ass handed to me

LiK

Any strategy to quickly leveling up in the dark zone, my character is "pve" level 30 but liike like 10 DZ

When i go in solo I have my ass handed to me

you can farm DZ01/02 solo until you hit late 20's. i recommend playing in a group and just go kill named elites and the adds.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is "damage reduction" the same as "Armor: Mitigates _% weapon damage(located in the character tab)."

And if this number is so important why is it basically hidden from you in game? For that matter why isn't there an average "armor" number posted prominently somewhere considering it seemingly ties into the all-important damage reduction number.
Mitigate=/=Damage reduction (in that sense).
Armor just removed i.e 50% of done damage to you

It's important by not as much as the long post makes it out to be, if you go DPS spec you don't need more than 50-52% at all to be viable

Tawpgun

I think massive went really overboard with the stats in this game. It could use a lot of simplification

How long until the Dark Zone vendor gear is reset?

Think I remember seeing a Level 50 HE ACR at one of the vendors, and still have 19 levels before hitting 50

edit: looking it up, must have been a purple instead of HE

Special C

I've been involved in countless rogue kills with my group and just looked and I haven't even gotten the achievement for one rogue kill. That's pretty sad that I haven't gotten a single killing blow. Gonna have to make my friends lay off a bit.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Not a good justification

You can have depth without requiring diving through obscure in game menus and an excel spreadsheet
It's not as bad as you make it out to be, the menu in general is a bit clunky but the information provided is great, it could be easier with some hover over information drop on each stat but unless they do a complete UI rework then yeah

Tawpgun

It's not as bad as you make it out to be, the menu in general is a bit clunky but the information provided is great, it could be easier with some hover over information drop on each stat but unless they do a complete UI rework then yeah
The ui is the main issue but it's also stuff like armor on gear having an arbitrary value that gets transferred into a mitigation percent.

So for instance... Let's say I have a 300 armor holster and 70k hp. What increase in armor value is worth what decrease in HP?

Tecnniqe

Banned
The ui is the main issue but it's also stuff like armor on gear having an arbitrary value that gets transferred into a mitigation percent.

So for instance... Let's say I have a 300 armor holster and 70k hp. What increase in armor value is worth what decrease in HP?
You need to go by complete stats overall and not singular stats when you try to min/max armor and HP.
Once your mitigation reaches a favorable spot you can focus on your HP.
It's the same with damage and crit values

k1t4j

I just logged in and had a message that my supply drop was available at the rewards vendor.

I was expecting more DZ keys (lol) but this time I have appearance sets there, the survivor, paramedic, CBRN, Hunter. Pretty neat.

Deku Tree

I just logged in and had a message that my supply drop was available at the rewards vendor.

I was expecting more DZ keys (lol) but this time I have appearance sets there, the survivor, paramedic, CBRN, Hunter. Pretty neat.

Weren't those available day 1?

They really should just make all mods not count toward inventory space. It would kill two birds with one stone. It would make it so skins don't take up space, and it would help with the backpack glitch where you can have 3x as many items on you as your backpack capacity because equipped mods don't count.

Tawpgun

You need to go by complete stats overall and not singular stats when you try to min/max armor and HP.
Once your mitigation reaches a favorable spot you can focus on your HP.
It's the same with damage and crit values
But it's not that easy. Unless I'm making tiny changes with gear mods, I have to roll different pieces.

So say my armor is decent but I need more stamina, the holster I recraft will have different armor values

This is where I am at, my head is spinning.Then factor in testing the builds in proper scenarios, placebo, etc. Yikes.

Ya know I thought I was on the right track with a couple builds...

210K DPS, 50K Health
180K DPS, 80K Health

...that was without worrying about "damage reduction" as apparently it was around 40% on both builds. Getting damage reduction to about 55% gives me a 180K DPS / 50K Health build with all talents activated on my weapons but it still doesn't feel right. That actually makes the Firearms, Stamina, and Electronics quite balanced which apparently you aren't supposed to do yet if you don't you lose a lot of talents on weapons. What the hell? Don't have a clue where to go from here.

Tecnniqe

Banned
They really should just make all mods not count toward inventory space. It would kill two birds with one stone. It would make it so skins don't take up space, and it would help with the backpack glitch where you can have 3x as many items on you as your backpack capacity because equipped mods don't count.
Skins should be in the cosmetic tab end of story
But it's not that easy. Unless I'm making tiny changes with gear mods, I have to roll different pieces.

So say my armor is decent but I need more stamina, the holster I recraft will have different armor values
Yeah but rolls are RNG, while its not easy it's not supposed to be easy.
It's there to keep you grinding like every looter in the universe.

Unless I'm totally missing the point of what you just said, it seems you just want the easier perfect roll, which is hard when only 1 reroll option?

This is where I am at, my head is spinning.Then factor in testing the builds in proper scenarios, placebo, etc. Yikes.

Ya know I thought I was on the right track with a couple builds...

210K DPS, 50K Health
180K DPS, 80K Health

...that was without worrying about "damage reduction" as apparently it was around 40% on both builds. Getting damage reduction to about 55% gives me a 180K DPS / 50K Health build with all talents activated on my weapons but it still doesn't feel right. That actually makes the Firearms, Stamina, and Electronics quite balanced which apparently you aren't supposed to do yet if you don't you lose a lot of talents on weapons. What the hell? Don't have a clue where to go from here.

Don't go for balance build with all 3, focus on Fire/Stam or Stam/Tech.

Namikaze1

Goddammit. My DPS number just keeps jumping around. Can't tell if my Vector has 250k, 219k, 197k, or 185k DPS. Logging out didn't seem to do anything as it still jumps around for my Vector and other guns. Let's see if restarting the PS4 does something.

Fake edit: game just crashed before I could even make it to the character selection screen.

I think I stumbled upon a super rare glitch in the DZ today.

I went to a place on my map for an active Division Tech.

There was a box. And it wasn't opened! And it had a gold Tech!

I tried to replicate this rare glitch but I couldn't.

I think I stumbled upon a super rare glitch in the DZ today.

I went to a place on my map for an active Division Tech.

There was a box. And it wasn't opened! And it had a gold Tech!

I tried to replicate this rare glitch but I couldn't.

In the last 75 DT boxes I have opened two have had gold pieces. One in each.

Tawpgun

Skins should be in the cosmetic tab end of story

Yeah but rolls are RNG, while its not easy it's not supposed to be easy.
It's there to keep you grinding like every looter in the universe.

Unless I'm totally missing the point of what you just said, it seems you just want the easier perfect roll, which is hard when only 1 reroll option?

Don't go for balance build with all 3, focus on Fire/Stam or Stam/Tech.

I don't want a perfect roll easy i want the stats conveyed better so it's not a hassle to pick what gear I want to equip

Tecnniqe

Banned
I don't want a perfect roll easy i want the stats conveyed better so it's not a hassle to pick what gear I want to equip
Well the equipment screen is bad for optimizing.
You need to equip, check character sheet and so forth.

Of course it's a UI issue but normal imo.
Give UI mods and we'd be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom