• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
My matchmaking experience is fucking horrible. Every Challenge mission I go into has at least 1 guy idle/ not in the mission area. All have the IQ of a peanut too. It's horrible.

My matchmaking experience is fucking horrible. Every Challenge mission I go into has at least 1 guy idle/ not in the mission area. All have the IQ of a peanut too. It's horrible.

Gear Score based matchmaking needs to be used for everything. I hope they do. From the DZ to Challenge Mode. It would all benefit from it.

Mentok

Banned
I don't get it...last night I was in the DZ with a party and we ran into a group of rogues who were all around level 50-60 (vs us all around level 35-40). My armor is at 54% with pretty decent gear that I know can hold it's own in a firefight. My guns didn't even put a dent on these guys and they could one-shot me. I'm not saying "I don't get it" in a salty way either, I'm just genuinely curious what their stats were and how they were invincible. Like at one point there were 6 of us agents and they just destroyed us fast.

lt519

I've done the team thing, we dominated a server two nights ago to the point where people ran away from us when we were in Manhunt. Not entirely fun mowing down players like they are NPCs.

What's fun is when you get matched into a server that has a good power balance and going rogue is risky because you are evenly matched with everyone. Those have been the most fun nights, but those are few and far between. You're either the king or someone else is so powerful you can't really go rogue without just turning it into a game of chase me around the map, which also isn't very fun.

I really really just want a dedicated PvP mode along with the DZ.

Kabouter

I don't get it...last night I was in the DZ with a party and we ran into a group of rogues who were all around level 50-60 (vs us all around level 35-40). My armor is at 54% with pretty decent gear that I know can hold it's own in a firefight. My guns didn't even put a dent on these guys and they could one-shot me. I'm not saying "I don't get it" in a salty way either, I'm just genuinely curious what their stats were and how they were invincible. Like at one point there were 6 of us agents and they just destroyed us fast.

If they were one-shotting you and it wasn't with M44 headshots, given your gear, they were almost certainly cheaters.

Cade

Man, think I ran into the first guy I can safely say was hacking. Literally six agents all putting entire Vector and MP5 clips into this guy and he's at full health with an overheal, constantly getting his super. That's frustrating.

Plus his mic was always on and with the worst sound quality ever.

quest

Not Banned from OT
So damage mitigation via armor stats caps at 65% and that is roughly all your armor at stats adding up to 2500?

Is this correct?

It is total armor of about 4650 to get to 65% mitigation. Still need to roll 1 more mod with armor and HE gloves and I should be right there.

spyder_ur

About 45 minutes in the dark zone - 4 HEs. A nice mask too - Stamina, Smart Cover duration, two mod slots.

M44 with a RoF mag is very nice. Need to roll a better one though. I know everyone says the First Wave is 'better', but personally the M44 seems to be a better match for the pacing of my shots that I like.

My DZ06 dark zone farm has gotten too popular, lucky if I get to 1 or 2 of the 6 or 7 chests up there now. Overall my DZ instances have had way too many spots already cleared - they may need to shorten the timers if people are getting too efficient with their farming and killing bosses.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man, think I ran into the first guy I can safely say was hacking. Literally six agents all putting entire Vector and MP5 clips into this guy and he's at full health with an overheal, constantly getting his super. That's frustrating.

Plus his mic was always on and with the worst sound quality ever.

PC? We had a guy just like that last night on XB1. All we can imagie is some purpose lagging going on.

The DZ currently is a massive waste of space. There is literally nothing to do but make farm routes for Division Tech/Named Bosses/Enemies for XP.

It's incredibly boring and I have no idea why they thought that was enough to sustain the entire PvP portion of the game. It's the emergent gameplay going or hunting rogues that makes it remotely interesting.

If you haven't played with a team do that first to give it one more chance. Otherwise your logic is sound, since one daily assignment of finding 3 Division Tech gave 8000 experience in the videos they showed in the stream. So it will help move things along.

Supply drops will make it more interesting, but no missions your team can take on and have rogues get into it is a huge missed opportunity.
it is boring. It's only there to troll and gank players.

So I just crafted my first DZ 50 Level 31 item. A Vest, and it had worse perks and brings down my stats. My vest is my only Level 30 item. It was also just TWO perks. The one I found via RNG has 6!!!!

What the fuck is the point?

The crafting in this game is awful. I'm glad I grinded to DZ50 and farmed DT for armor worse than what had already dropped. I'm done with crafting since I have never actually crafted anything that helped me. It's always been the RNG drops. The only time it ever has is when I experimented and crafted the same item over and over. It took me 12 times crafting the same item to get anything that would improve my stats. Am I seriously supposed to farm that much Division Tech? If so I'm done until April 12th.

Boooooring

spyder_ur

it is boring. It's only there to troll and gank players.

I can see that perspective, but honestly the DZ is the only part of the game that has any dynamic enemy or player behavior or variability.

It does bring out people worst traits though, and I still think it will be impossible to balance in the long-term. The game created that problem though with the lack or any meaningful end-game PvE spaces or encounters and lack of a dedicated PvP mode.

quest

Not Banned from OT
So I just crafted my first DZ 50 Level 31 item. A Vest, and it had worse perks and brings down my stats. My bedt is my only Level 30 item.

What the fuck is the point?

The crafting in this game is awful. I'm glad I grinder and farmed for armor worse than what had already dropped.

Boooooring

That is why I am done with the game once I hit DZ 50 and get max PC. Maybe the development team will get a clue and I can play again. I am not going to play a game with less than a .05 percent chance to get a good item when items drop at such a low rate. Getting near 125 hours played and still don't have a good item. Everything I have has at least 1 junk stat most have 2 junk stats. I reached my breaking point buying that holster twice last week at the vendor and both times could not get a mod slot before it cost less to buy a new one and start over.

Is the end end game really farming High End Division Tech to recraft armor/weapons/mods over and over and over and over?

Do you get any HE DT back from deconstructing a HE item that required it for crafting?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Deku Tree

"I don't want to play as much as other people do therefore it's only fair that they get held back so that I can keep up with them."

I can't tell if your responding to me with this but what I advocated for is that nobody gets held back by weekly lockouts in terms of gear progression. Same as how CM daily currently works.

Man most challenge mode I join ends up failing. One wipe and people drop group. Seriously killing my interest for this game. Also anyone know where can I get yellow gloves and chest armor? The vendor in my base doesn't sell a pattern for it.

Challenge mode is only really hard the first time through. For me, it became a lot easier once I obtained an HE. If you are having trouble with challenge mode, do the Daily missions until you have enough phenix credits to buy an HE blueprint from the Base of Operations (tech wing). I think this vender might have HE gloves and chest armor. I can't remember.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You guys are so immature.

hmm-gif.gif

CSJ

If someone wants to play it 4x as much as you, why shouldn't they get more stuff?

This kind of 'I can't have it, they shouldn't have it either' stuff...I just don't get it. They have the time to put into the game, more power to them. Wish I could do the same, but that doesn't mean they should be punished for it.

Because the game doesn't work like that.
Someone could spend a day getting something that someone else might take weeks or a month or not at all to get. Time does not always give greater reward in division, which is the brunt of the hard work.

I'm realising I can't stand games like this when you don't get what you need after ages and your friends you play with, in the same instance, the same amount played, hell you did 1-30 and more with them and they've got more.
I'm the friend that got all the good stuff, my other friends are still struggling to get anything worthwhile. I haven't played in two weeks now, don't need to. Getting the most perfect gear from now on is a slog and why bother when better gear is around the corner in an update. (or so we assume).

Let's not play make believe that time rewards people, it can waste peoples time too.

EL CUCO

I can't tell if your responding to me with this but what I advocated for is that nobody gets held back by weekly lockouts in terms of gear progression. Same as how CM daily currently works.
Let me know when you want to level an alt to 30. I'll join you :p

PatDH

Just want to smash some Division but I looked after my nephew last night and he wants to play BLOPS3. Contemplating putting him in the cupboard under the stairs for a bit.

Mentok

Banned
If they were one-shotting you and it wasn't with M44 headshots, given your gear, they were almost certainly cheaters.

Okay, that's what I figured...I mean my classic M44 headshots were doing nothing to them (like not even 1 bar of damage) and then they'd drop me with 1 shot from a vector.

Because the game doesn't work like that.
Someone could spend a day getting something that someone else might take weeks or a month or not at all to get. Time does not always give greater reward in division, which is the brunt of the hard work.

I'm realising I can't stand games like this when you don't get what you need after ages and your friends you play with, in the same instance, the same amount played, hell you did 1-30 and more with them and they've got more.
I'm the friend that got all the good stuff, my other friends are still struggling to get anything worthwhile. I haven't played in two weeks now, don't need to. Getting the most perfect gear from now on is a slog and why bother when better gear is around the corner in an update. (or so we assume).

Let's not play make believe that time rewards people, it can waste peoples time too.

Yeah at this point I'm gonna do some more DZ until Quantum Break releases and then play that until the April 12th update.

I'm at 190/80/20 and would rather wait until April 12th to gear up anymore.

Animator

This game is pretty much dropping 5-6k players a day on steam and is sinking like a rock on the stats page.

These are so many terrible design decisions in this game it should be a case study. How the hell do you spend years developing this and still only have the same 3 mission types for %70 of the PvE map, no dedicated PvP modes and a DZ that rewards people who grind and exploit and severely punishes the casual player who doesn't have the time to sink hours into the game.

KDR_11k

I'm at DZ25, looking at all those things I could afford if it weren't for the arbitrary rank gating sure makes rank 50 look tantalizing but that grind sounds insane to do. That plus the lack of anything interesting to do unless you group up and engage in roguery makes it really bland... The improvements of getting better gear aren't really noticeable either, I can solo hard missions easily now but it's so gradual that I can't really tell that things are changing.

Probably time to go back to Pay Day 2 and try those new missions...

The Division is the dumbest idea for a unit I've ever heard.

To me it makes absolutely no sense to have a unit like this.

First, a unit's primary strength is going to be in training together and experience, none of which you can really imagine "sleeper" agents going through normal lives holding normal jobs to really have. They're pretty much limited to National Guard or Reservist level training so that they can keep up their appearance of just being normal day traders and shit. And what of all their fancy toys, they just keep this shit at home?

Second, why embed them with the population at all if they need to be activated and sent somewhere like any normal force? I mean, if they were like Air Marshals and meant to thwart random acts of violence or terrorism in places they just happen to be in the civilian world, well, that's probably a wasteful approach but it at least makes sense. But what they do in this game makes no sense.

The whole thing's stupid as fuck.

This isn't even touching on the amount of Division soldiers that must exist, New York's of course a large place and as such would likely have a lot of these sleeper agents but once you start thinking about all the other large cities around the US now you're suddenly struck by this "secret" Division's probably being larger than all of the current Special Ops forces combined.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I cannot take the Division setting and story seriously in any way. Other reasons include random gangs so effective that not even the military can stop them, as if they were headed by a Batman villain or something. Hell, the whole Rikers HQ looks like something you'd see in Arkham Asylum.

This is nonsense on the level of super prototypes in mecha anime. They are cool and elite therefore they have tech and training far above any other unit even though that makes no fucking sense at all. Why outfit your soldiers and spies with the latest tech when you can instead hand it to a bunch of people who'll stay dormant and ideally never do anything with it?

I'm guessing the real life Directive 51 or what it's called is more aimed at quick response or guerrilla warfare against a military invasion where being hidden and in place is actually important (never mind that it's against the Geneva convention because unmarked combatants encourage enemy soldiers to shoot all civilians on sight, hence the clear uniform rules so soldiers know who to shoot and who not).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Fucking rerolling for Marksman Rifle DMG and everytime only offers the same SMG, Assualt and Pistol. Just wasted like 100 Phoenix Credis. Not paying 127 for another roll.

lt519

This game is pretty much dropping 5-6k players a day on steam and is sinking like a rock on the stats page.

These are so many terrible design decisions in this game it should be a case study. How the hell do you spend years developing this and still only have the same 3 mission types for %70 of the PvE map, no dedicated PvP modes and a DZ that rewards people who grind and exploit and severely punishes the casual player who doesn't have the time to sink hours into the game.

Not surprised, today was my last day with it until there's more content. I'm amazed how much more quickly I tired of it than Destiny. I've logged in the last few days to do missions for Phoenix Credits but boredom in the DZ today just finally made me put it down. Might be hard to come back from an extended break with all the other games coming out in April/May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom