• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
DT farming until Incursion then

No thanks. This is one of the worst endgames ever. It's laughable how barren the DZ is of anything to do and it's the endgame area.

They promised there would be more to do in DZ for the final release when people complained during the beta and it was an outright lie.

People exploiting talents and such on consoles has made going rogue or fighting rogues unbelievably one sided. The game has a lot of sevre problems and going back to reviews for the game, they probably would have been even more harsh if they got to this endgame or kept playing to the point that the games balance has become a disaster.

People keep praising Massive but I won't. The DZ is basically still in beta and is a barren wasteland for content. Let's all run around looking for fucking chests while exploiters kill us silly. Boooooooring

The PvE area is also a huge waste of space after you finish the story and side missions. There would have been a great opportunity here for player retention to have something worthwhile for PvE players to do. Instead they're forced into the DZ is which an unbalanced nightmare. People who aren't hardcore are leaving the game en masse and you can see that here too.

I'm at almost 9 in game days played so I've gotten more than my money's worth.

Deku Tree

Yeah I refuse to farm DTech. Feel like I'm sufficiently geared for the incursion. Not gonna keep re-rolling for higher and higher optimal stats. Just doing what's fun and then logging off.

Is Warren Gate Power Plant glitched in matchmaking? Every time I join a group we are just stuck at the gate and nothing is happening. Cannot start the mission.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah I refuse to farm DTech. Feel like I'm sufficiently geared for the incursion. Not gonna keep re-rolling for higher and higher optimal stats. Just doing what's fun and then logging off.

DZ is fun up until you get one shot by a pistol miles away :p

Had few hours with Kabo and Zell going MH with no weird shit just to have 1 guy shred us in a sec each with a smg at distance while taking like 1k damage tops from all of us nuking him.

Lol.

DZ can be very fun and rewarding, but after that shit there's clearly no feeling to even want to go back, especially since its not needed as, well, been gear capped for weeks.

You sure enjoy boring games.

Don't we all here apparently.

You honestly think this endgame is any good?

Other than teaming up with friends and having some fun there is nothing fun of rewarding for the endgame grind for gear.

Honestly, the fact you felt the need to go back to all my posts to quote is borderline obsessive. You always pick on me and I'm not the only person here with the same concerns. These are well known issues to the entire player base.

I went solo DZ to get to 51 now since I am a father with kids, so I can't group with friends and make that commitment often. Once again you have no respect for other players feelings and concerns about the game. Every player is different making all their concerns valid.

Deku Tree

DZ is fun up until you get one shot by a pistol miles away :p

Had few hours with Kabo and Zell going MH with no weird shit just to have 1 guy shred us in a sec each with a smg at distance while taking like 1k damage tops from all of us nuking him.

Lol.

DZ can be very fun and rewarding, but after that shit there's clearly no feeling to even want to go back, especially since its not needed as, well, been gear capped for weeks.

Them PC repeat cheaters getting repeat 3 day or one week bans.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Thankfully, I don't have to enjoy the "endgame" in order to find enjoyment in this game.

Thankfully, I don't have to enjoy the "endgame" in order to find enjoyment in this game.

So you've ignored the endgame then and just play with friends?

Playing with friends is literally the only enjoyment I get from this game now. When I can group up I will play but for now this is one of the worst endgames since Diablo 3

GazzaGSi

giphy.gif

Glitched at the same spot before, got the out of bounds message with a respawn counter and started me back at the nearest safe house. By the time I was back the mission had been completed and I got nothing. Frustrating to say the least. Try to avoid going up top there now.

TimFL

Just found a purple/superior ACR with Brutal and Destructive talents which I now use instead of my Caduceus (base DPS is 4k lower but with mods it is ~6k higher due to RoF etc)... I run with all high end gear so the purple blob in my inventory is really annoying.

God I wish I could find a good HE ACR because the ACR is my favorite weapon.

Happens to me every single time because I don't learn from my mistakes (I always go up there).

M.J. Doja

Banned
I think the DZ is boring in a group. Those of you with friends probably enjoy the ganking stuff more, but it's too much running and randomness as a solo guy. Matchmade groups are okay for PvE i guess.

respawn timers kill the flow of trying to farm DZ as a group though.

Trojan

12901385_256595834674180_3819055409034091224_o.jpg

u2ruBB2m.jpg
ru2F4Y5m.jpg
uBPtTl8m.jpg

100% Upkeep on skills and 6 minute cooldown for special skill

i7eWZ4Nm.jpg

Once I join the team, we will. We stay winning.

Damn I need to look into a skill build like this. Have you done any damage calculations on what your equivalent dps would be with Smart Cover + pulse always active? I'm basically wondering if a build like this is clearly superior to one that prioritizes dps over skill

vivftp

Glitched at the same spot before, got the out of bounds message with a respawn counter and started me back at the nearest safe house. By the time I was back the mission had been completed and I got nothing. Frustrating to say the least. Try to avoid going up top there now.

That same glitch actually just happened to me. Fortunately I noticed it and immediately moved, causing the glitch to stop.

Also can anyone tell me if they've fixed the issue I've read about where crafted backpacks can cause game breaking issues? I've been farming Lincoln Tunnel CM tonight and finally have some high end items to my name. I want to get a better backpack, but don't want to risk losing it all if the bug still is around.

Tecnniqe

Banned
2nd hacker of the day teleporting around, speedhacking and rof hack killing everyone in an instant.

So done with DZ permanently.

Fix your fucking shit Ubisoft/Massive

SkylineRKR

Yeah DZ is broken as fuck. I unload full clips of Vector at 110k DPS and 40% crit chance/85% dmg into guys and their bar stays completely full. I don't know if this is supposed to be normal against guys who are maxed out, but it feels weird.

GazzaGSi

That same glitch actually just happened to me. Fortunately I noticed it and immediately moved, causing the glitch to stop.

Also can anyone tell me if they've fixed the issue I've read about where crafted backpacks can cause game breaking issues? I've been farming Lincoln Tunnel CM tonight and finally have some high end items to my name. I want to get a better backpack, but don't want to risk losing it all if the bug still is around.

IIRC the fix for the backpack issue is coming on the 12th with the update. I crafted a HE backpack not realising about the issue but it seems to be a crafted backpack that is almost full when logging out which causes the issue. I haven't had any issues with my crafted HE backpack but only keep around 20 items in it after deconstructing all the junk from a loot run.

Miggytronz

In the DZ last night with friends. Got some high ends. A team of rogue agents comes across us, war on the street time. Then more people join. Rogues everywhere. Well I get downed. My High Ends get taken by a member of the first group. At that time they go Man Hunt. The Chase instantly starts. I spawn back into the DZ and they are right in front of me and my team. We give chase..........

They disappear off the damn server right in front of us.

Have been playing it for a couple of nights and i'm
Level 30 and level 30 in Darkzone.
It's still a great game imo. With friends, that is.
More variation in enemies is a must. Because right now the same enemies just get stronger, so the gameplay is too samey..

SeanR1221

My stats now are 115k/64k/10k, can I do other non-Lexington/non-Lincoln challenge missions?

I have very similar stats to you ( a bit lower in firearm and higher in tech)

I came to ask a similar question...what path should I take from this point? How are some of you guys getting close to 200k firearm dps?

SkylineRKR

My stats now are 115k/64k/10k, can I do other non-Lexington/non-Lincoln challenge missions?

Easily. I did it at lower DPS and health. First one I beat was Consulate with Randoms, at 90k dps and 50k health. Only hard part is the vitaly room. Focus fire on shotgunners and fall back. Use first aid and pulse constantly, or flashbangs for crowd control.

In the DZ last night with friends. Got some high ends. A team of rogue agents comes across us, war on the street time. Then more people join. Rogues everywhere. Well I get downed. My High Ends get taken by a member of the first group. At that time they go Man Hunt. The Chase instantly starts. I spawn back into the DZ and they are right in front of me and my team. We give chase..........

They disappear off the damn server right in front of us.

This hurt me deep. Someday, you'll have vengeance. This cannot stand

I have very similar stats to you ( a bit lower in firearm and higher in tech)

I came to ask a similar question...what path should I take from this point? How are some of you guys getting close to 200k firearm dps?

I rolled high end mags. My DPS jumped considerably. Also, mod your gear. I'm at (176k, 75k, 15k) the 176k is a superior lightweight m4 that is still missing a perk due to a low electronics number. The magazines will definitely give you a boost.

SeanR1221

I rolled high end mags. My DPS jumped considerably. Also, mod your gear. I'm at (176k, 75k, 15k) the 176k is a superior lightweight m4 that is still missing a perk due to a low electronics number. The magazines will definitely give you a boost.

Yeah I have blue prints for both the HE mag and muzzle. The mag gave me a nice one (100% boost) but the muzzle didn't and actually would lower my DPS :/ I should roll some more.

People going rogue with the rehab glitch and going out of bounds (which is super easy to do in one of the extraction points in DZ1) is running rampant on PS4.

Massive is going to be much faster at fixing exploits if they want to maintain a healthy community.

darkwing

People going rogue with the rehab glitch and going out of bounds (which is super easy to do in one of the extraction points in DZ1) is running rampant on PS4.

Massive is going to be much faster at fixing exploits if they want to maintain a healthy community.

no mention of these in the April 12 patch?

ch4fx_

Thanks. I'm around that DPS atm but got slaughtered a few hours ago in the CM!!
I'll wait for an easier day

Sorry to hear about that man, CM can certainly be unforgiving at times. The good news is you can run ANY of the CMs any day of the week & still get phoenix credits & gear upon competition, so you aren't limited to that day's daily CM.

Feel free to shoot me a friend request. I have two other guys that I farm CMs pretty regularly with, we would happy to run you through sometime so you can start getting some decent gear.

PSN is ch4fx_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom