• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of gear are you after? The final missions provides a shot at killing 3 bosses that drop purples. It's a nice way I would tell friends to gear up when they dinged 30. If you are on xbox I can help get you through some of the CMs for pcreds and some ilvl 30 HE gear.

There are others on the board here that I sure would team up if you need help with CMs or other activities. I usually help my friends once our shenanigans in the DZ die down.

Currently I'm chasing for damage migitation, +armor and damage to armor. I have some HE gears but majority of my hears are purple/blue. So I'm slowly swapping in/out gears to help balance my Firearms and Stamina. I've also purchased some gear blueprints from the vendor and also did some re-calibrations/crafting.

Gun wise I've crafted many vectors and finally got this current setup with mostly mix of gold,purple,blue mods:

HE vector with Destructive(locked), Accurate(unlocked), and Predatory.
HE vector with Determined(locked), Adept(locked), and Brutal
HE vector with Responsive(locked), Brutal(locked), and Stable
Purple Classic M1A with Ferocious(unlocked) and Balanced(unlocked)

Just really underpower in CM considering that I don't seem to be doing much damage while I get 2 shotted fast. So I imagine that's where the damage migitation, +armor and damage to armor, on top of DPS comes into play.

Thanks for the offer to help, but I'm on PC hahaha. I play mostly with some friends whenever we get the chance since we only have a few hours mostly after work at night. Hopefully this dropping HE stuff will apply to mobs outside of DZ as well.

Edit:
You know what we was doing on Lexington with those doors. Can do the same on final to get to the bosses in 2 minutes.

Thanks for the tip!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What type of gear are you after? The final missions provides a shot at killing 3 bosses that drop purples. It's a nice way I would tell friends to gear up when they dinged 30. If you are on xbox I can help get you through some of the CMs for pcreds and some ilvl 30 HE gear.

There are others on the board here that I sure would team up if you need help with CMs or other activities. I usually help my friends once our shenanigans in the DZ die down.

You know what we was doing on Lexington with those doors. Can do the same on final to get to the bosses in 2 minutes.

Macrotus

I read the changes right now about the guaranteed drop from named mobs and thought that this will be abused pretty quickly. Especially with the fixed loot table.

Currently, you see its hard to come buy division tech boxes.
I can easily imagine that people will kill only the named mobs, ignore the trash pack and server/phase transfer and repeat this over and over.
Something like the BK farm.

So after the update, I feel like it will be hard to come by named mobs to kill in addition to empty division tech boxes.

I can imagine Massive fixing this already to limit the guaranteed drop from named mobs to once per day or a week.

EL CUCO

Looks like the backpack bug is tryna get me. Twice its unequipped itself. There was a moment where it was letting me store up to 84 items...

Deconstructed the backpacks that I crafted last night and it seems to have solved the issue

Turned the game on. Went to dark zone. See an approaching rogue agent. Get into cover and wait. I empty half a mag into him before he reacts - apparently no damage. He turns, shoots me literally three times and I go down.

See he's a 99 after I die.

Turned the game off.

J-Rzez

Turned the game on. Went to dark zone. See an approaching rogue agent. Get into cover and wait. I empty half a mag into him before he reacts - apparently no damage. He turns, shoots me literally three times and I go down.

Turned the game off.

DZ experience, working as intended.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Matchmaking is so annoyingly glitchy in this game.

Find full group
join
loading takes so long that 2 people quit

queue up again
fall through map
teleport to entrance
show up at base
teleport to entrance again
doors are closed
teleport to teammates inside
none of the enemies are spawning

Pretty much each step makes me load a bunch of shit, too, which makes it even more frustrating.

Turned the game off.

Did he say "Welcome to the big league~"

J-Rzez

I never asked for this

Didn't say a word.

Well, he might have but I was so bummed I shut if off without paying attention.

Well, it's either you experience the intended hackers, or the groups of 4 griefers running around verbally abusing you just to kill you and take your stuff they don't need while setting you back 20+ kills in XP. In their defense its better to level that way, so you can thank massive.

Working as intended.

The DZ is not the place to be as a solo legit player trying to grab rank and gear.

And just think, those people will be 90+ for the patch getting better gear the instant the switch is flipped on the 12th. :)

darkwing

I read the changes right now about the guaranteed drop from named mobs and thought that this will be abused pretty quickly. Especially with the fixed loot table.

Currently, you see its hard to come buy division tech boxes.
I can easily imagine that people will kill only the named mobs, ignore the trash pack and server/phase transfer and repeat this over and over.

So after the update, I feel like it will be hard to come by named mobs to kill in addition to empty division tech boxes.

I can imagine Massive fixing this already to limit the guaranteed drop from named mobs to once per day or a week.

lol my group already was talking about the phase transition exploit for the bosses come April 12

I'm quite bored and don't want to go to dark zone solo lol. Anyone care to partner up on the psn?

Edit: they're nerfing crafting materials? o_O why?

theWB27

Well, it's either you experience the intended hackers, or the groups of 4 griefers running around verbally abusing you just to kill you and take your stuff they don't need while setting you back 20+ kills in XP. In their defense its better to level that way, so you can thank massive.

Working as intended.

The DZ is not the place to be as a solo legit player trying to grab rank and gear.

And just think, those people will be 90+ for the patch getting better gear the instant the switch is flipped on the 12th. :)

I solo the dz all day. Make sure to go up one rank every day on my off days.

I survive, thrive even, and my stats are 104k dps 63k health 25k on the last.

I run with a pakhan, vector combo.

Nothing special. The DZ is really doable on your own. Tedious, but doable.

Find full group
join

queue up again
fall through map
teleport to entrance
show up at base
doors are closed

Pretty much each step makes me load a bunch of shit, too, which makes it even more frustrating.

Same thing happened to me. Fell through the map three times. Fog everywhere. Glitchy as fack.

RS4-

Spent 20 mins converting all materials i have on me in preparation for the nerf

Did the same. Unfuckingreal that they still don't have craft x amount option.

D3 had the problem where you actually had to wait for the mats to craft, but at least you're not sitting there hitting buttons the whole time. And that took them some time to have near instant crafting. And in batches.

Stupid shit.

Dunno if 1.1 will keep me interested. I'll give it a shot for a few days.

rjcc

I'm at level 22~ in the sp, haven't done dark zone yet. Are there any good tutorials to explain how to level up once I get to the endgame?

Iceman829

Currently I'm chasing for damage migitation, +armor and damage to armor. I have some HE gears but majority of my hears are purple/blue. So I'm slowly swapping in/out gears to help balance my Firearms and Stamina. I've also purchased some gear blueprints from the vendor and also did some re-calibrations/crafting.

Gun wise I've crafted many vectors and finally got this current setup with mostly mix of gold,purple,blue mods:

HE vector with Destructive(locked), Accurate(unlocked), and Predatory.
HE vector with Determined(locked), Adept(locked), and Brutal
HE vector with Responsive(locked), Brutal(locked), and Stable
Purple Classic M1A with Ferocious(unlocked) and Balanced(unlocked)

Just really underpower in CM considering that I don't seem to be doing much damage while I get 2 shotted fast. So I imagine that's where the damage migitation, +armor and damage to armor, on top of DPS comes into play.

Thanks for the offer to help, but I'm on PC hahaha. I play mostly with some friends whenever we get the chance since we only have a few hours mostly after work at night. Hopefully this dropping HE stuff will apply to mobs outside of DZ as well.

Sorry, I can't help in game I'll try my best to assist here though. I'll start off by saying the patch next week should hopefully assist you getting rid of those blues and hopefully some and eventually all of those purples. If you haven't read the patch notes and the additional notes released today I would go give them a quick read. The main take away is named bosses will drop a high end when killed. This means hard missions will reward you with some HE items.

It seems like you are running with an SMG/Marksman combo. I run a similar loadout (Vector/M44). I need to craft more Mp5s, but I've been too lazy to do that. My loadout I went with perks that increase my crit chance %, crit damage %, armor damage, elite damage and anywhere I could pick up additional armor I did. I get about 54% mitigation.

I would assume your DZ rank is on the lower side (under 50) and are currently locked out from crafting a HE chest piece. No worries I ran with a purple for a long time. This also means you should focus on a backpack due to it's trait of being able to roll additional armor.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JC-FU_NowQH-fD7iUJ-avUrIs/edit#gid=1229216697

Check out that spread sheet if you want to see which armor or mods can possibly roll the stats you are searching for.

I was wondering if you could post some of your stats: Firepower/Stamina/Electronics numbers. Stats for critical hit chance and damage, damage to named enemies/elites, damage to armor. The 54% mitigation should be just fine. People should aim to be over 50% mitigation number. There is also a stat for reduction to elite enemies or something along those lines if you were aiming for that.

In CM you can use skills such as smart cover, booster shot, pulse to increase damage output and increase damage reduction.You might want to evaluate your talents as well. I don't have the list in front of me nor do I know the best ones off hand, but feel free to post and we can give feedback.

As far as the CMs themselves. Is there a particular mission you are running that you are having difficulty with or maybe getting hung up in a particular location? I would be happy to give battle strategy advice If I knew where the problem was happening during a mission. Even a non elite team can beat a CM can beat a CM with a sound strategy and using skills/abilities together.

Yea I know you can do that. I just have issues doing the mobile cover breaching. I can do lexington and PA without any issue.

Did he say "Welcome to the big league~"

I solo the dz all day. Make sure to go up one rank every day on my off days.

I survive, thrive even, and my stats are 104k dps 63k health 25k on the last.

I run with a pakhan, vector combo.

Nothing special. The DZ is really doable on your own. Tedious, but doable.

Hey WB I know you run solo a lot, but if you are ever looking to group up feel free to give a shout out. There's usually a few groups running activities and if you appreciate some dumb fun we can always use another. Also, with incursions incoming just let us know.

I'm at level 22~ in the sp, haven't done dark zone yet. Are there any good tutorials to explain how to level up once I get to the endgame?

As of the 4/12 update next week (version 1.1) I would recommend the following to you:

1. Reach level 30

2. Complete upgrading the Base of Operations (100% all 3 wings to unlock everything)

3. Run missions on hard difficulty especially the final mission of the game. In the update all lvl 30+ Named Enemies will drop a HE item. They will always drop several purple items as well.

4. At this point you want to make sure you complete the 2 daily hard missions each day that reward you with 15 phoenix credits and the named boss at the end will drop a HE.

5. You have enough dps/health. Somewhere in the 80k+/60k+ you should be fine to attempt Challenge Missions. Try to start out on the easier missions (Lexington Event Center or Lincoln Tunnel). Lexington has a large number of choke points which allows your team to funnel enemies which make it easier to team shoot and wear them down. Lincoln Tunnel can take a bit longer, but it allows you to engage more from a distance if you prefer to fight that way. Beware the snipers though if you have lower stamina.

6. As you collect gear start building towards something. This means what do you want to play as? Build your character around what you prefer to play as. Save extra gear as you experiment with your build. Experiment down in the shooting range with your weapons. Try different attachments. Remember loads of accuracy attachments inflate your dps number, but don't increase damage. Check stability, accuracy, crit hit % and crit chance %, and weapon damage mods and see what works for you.

I'm going to get some sleep. If anyone needs further explanations I'll be happy to do my best. Remember just because we might post a lot of dumb stuff during the days it doesn't mean we won't answer your questions to the best of our knowledge.

It was fun playing with you tonight Red Rum. Catch you around

Lima

Earlier I was bored and no one was on so I decided to play the Russian Consolate mission on challenging with matchmaking. For some reason I was only with 2 other guys and no one else would join and these guys were terrible and had weak gear. I basically had to play all of it by myself cause they died the second a shotguner looked at them. The hornet fight took me probably a good 10 minutes to do all by myself.

Never again.

Lima

What shotgun are you running that's even close to a OHK?
Every single one I've found is loaded up with confetti.

Gotta get that super 90 with the perk that deals 13% more damage when closer than 10 meters and shit. Have a good guy with a big scan in your group and pop some heads*

*only works if your opponents are shit

Tecnniqe

Banned
What shotgun are you running that's even close to a OHK?
Every single one I've found is loaded up with confetti.
Super 90, increased crit chance, increased crit damage and/or headshot%/dmg in range/reload = OHK.

On equal geared players to me I can take down 2-3 before reload.
Sometimes they don't even get downed, just die outright.

Ask Xell as I insta gibbed him without getting downed

deadduck

Gotta get that super 90 with the perk that deals 13% more damage when closer than 10 meters and shit. Have a good guy with a big scan in your group and pop some heads*

This, high crit, high headshot damage, gloves with shotty and 13% crit in open plus one is none could be decent.

Especially as part of a group.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Ugh, I've been trying to make the Model 857 viable and it just stays a piece of junk. Will try to find a solid Super 90.

One is None + shotgun can mean near infinite ammo as well if you are good at hitting headshots.

fr0st

Banned
Ugh, I've been trying to make the Model 857 viable and it just stays a piece of junk. Will try to find a solid Super 90.

One is None + shotgun can mean near infinite ammo as well if you are good at hitting headshots.
If you try the shotgun in the shooting range with one is none you'll always get the ammo back lol

Wolfe

Find full group
join

queue up again
fall through map
teleport to entrance
show up at base
doors are closed

My recent favorite is:

-long ass load to join a group for CM
-get kicked for who knows what reason right as I load in
-wait through another long ass load just so I can search for a group again

I know you avoid this by hosting a group but sometimes I just want to jump in and go so I put up with it when it happens :p

Duraigo

Well this is a first for me. I'm trying to rush the Hard mode daily of the Napalm Site mission, and one of the napalm tanks can't be destroyed.

jacobs34

So I've been level 30 for a couple of days, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the endgame. Is there anything else I should be doing besides running the dailies and exploring the first couple levels of the dark zone? I mostly play at night when my fiance is asleep so it's hard to get into groups and play with a mic.

ChrisW

In regards to the new update information; I think they have gone from one extreme to another. They wanted HE drops to be special but now you are guaranteed one, where is the challenge in that. In my opinion they should have just increased the drop rate on named bosses by say 30% so that you might get one, you might not instead of the 0.04% chance it is now.

A player could start as a fresh 30 ar 7am and by 7pm he could be fully geared and ready for incursions, where is the longevity in that?

Secondly, they have now made DZ chest keys worthless, who will open those when all thy drop is blues and purples when you can just go farm bosses instead for a guaranteed HE drop.

Kabouter

In regards to the new update information; I think they have gone from one extreme to another. They wanted HE drops to be special but now you are guaranteed one, where is the challenge in that. In my opinion they should have just increased the drop rate on named bosses by say 30% so that you might get one, you might not instead of the 0.04% chance it is now.

A player could start as a fresh 30 ar 7am and by 7pm he could be fully geared and ready for incursions, where is the longevity in that?

Secondly, they have now made DZ chest keys worthless, who will open those when all thy drop is blues and purples when you can just go farm bosses instead for a guaranteed HE drop.

I think it would have been best had they rebalanced the talents so that more of the drops you get are actually useful. That way you actually increase the excitement over a gold drop, because right now, there's a virtual guarantee of uselessness.

deadduck

currently, you see its hard to come buy division tech boxes.

Good, kill em for a big bag of loot.

ChrisW

I think it would have been best had they rebalanced the talents so that more of the drops you get are actually useful. That way you actually increase the excitement over a gold drop, because right now, there's a virtual guarantee of uselessness.
I just think now that HE's will feel the same and why blues and purples feel like, just worthless and basically used just for constructing materials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom