• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

alife

You guys know half those HE drops will be Performance Mods right?

tumblr_o2wxuwfc6y1udh5n8o1_500.gif

You jinxed it.

Macrotus

lol my group already was talking about the phase transition exploit for the bosses come April 12

Yeah I'm sure many players have it in mind.
kill boss > phase to different server> kill boss > phase to different server (repeat).

I would be surprised if Massive didn't see this coming.

TheBear

I'm getting close to having enough phoenix credits to buy a HE blueprint.
Should I buy it now or wait until the patch?

Also, I've reached lv30 DZ, what are the benefits of going beyond lv30?
And what are going to be the requirements of the raid?

Thanks everyone :)

Deku Tree

I'm getting close to having enough phoenix credits to buy a HE blueprint.
Should I buy it now or wait until the patch?

Also, I've reached lv30 DZ, what are the benefits of going beyond lv30?
And what are going to be the requirements of the raid?

Thanks everyone :)

Wait for patch

DZ 99 get.
Now to continue working. >.>
Very nice. I've been stuck between 78-80 the past two days due to running into invincible groups of agents. Last night was wild- slamming three direct explosive rounds from a HE M44 into someone and they don't even lose a fraction of a bar of health... Nahhh. C'mon now.

They can't win.

Some people want Diablo3, some want Destiny.

They need to decide on something, middling isn't good for anyone. They need to choose a direction whether it's MMO focused with raids or loot based endless dungeon/ incremental difficulty style like Diablo/Path of Exile.

They need to decide on something, middling isn't good for anyone. They need to choose a direction whether it's MMO focused with raids or loot based endless dungeon/ incremental difficulty style like Diablo/Path of Exile.

I don't see it as middling, I see it as them doing their own thing rather than following an existing template

Destiny isn't even that old/ established and it's certainly far from perfect - so im glad massive aren't following its rules

Whether or not massive succeed - at least their approach is something a bit different which brings a new experience to the table

Hopefully they can get the balance right - really the divisions biggest problem is end game content and I really hope the plan to address that

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I just think now that HE's will feel the same and why blues and purples feel like, just worthless and basically used just for constructing materials
I was talking about the same thing to my nephew last night. I conclude that this change
will help that 70% of players catch up faster to the top 30% of players but for us on that 30% bracket they merely moved the flag pole.

All HE items dropped by named NPCs will be useless to us and will get deconstructed the same way Purple items are deconstructed now because they are not a Gear Set item or an iLv 32 Blueprint/Item.I mean yeah sure it might make Crafting a bit easier on us but that won't change how useless this change will be to the hardcore players.

I don't see it as middling, I see it as them doing their own thing rather than following an existing template

Destiny isn't even that old/ established and it's certainly far from perfect - so im glad massive aren't following its rules

Whether or not massive succeed - at least their approach is something a bit different which brings a new experience to the table

Hopefully they can get the balance right - really the divisions biggest problem is end game content and I really hope the plan to address that

See I don't see it as doing their own thing. It really is very similar to Diablo in many aspects but without the fully fleshed out experience you would expect from an ARPG. I imagine they might get there after a few DLC updates. But right now it feels very beta because they haven't decided on a direction. The Dark Zone can't be the end game, and currently it is. The incursion isn't looking to be a full on mechanical raid either so I really don't know what they are doing. If it's just another challenge mode mission then I'll very likely sell my game. It's half measures everywhere. It's not something new, it's just... rehashed ideas in an incomplete form. There's nothing wrong with rehashing ideas with slight variations, just make sure it is at least offering as much as the games it's based on.

jbortz78

So me and 2 friends are about to try challenge missions. We should start with Lincoln and lexington if I am correct?

Our stats are around 90-100k dps, 55-70k health, and 15-25k skillpower.

What skills are you recommending? 2x support stations, sticky flash, smart cover and turret?

I know shotgunners are prio, and then grenades/snipers, but any other concrete tips and such are much appreciated.

TsuWave

So me and 2 friends are about to try challenge missions. We should start with Lincoln and lexington if I am correct?

Our stats are around 90-100k dps, 55-70k health, and 15-25k skillpower.

What skills are you recommending? 2x support stations, sticky flash, smart cover and turret?

I know shotgunners are prio, and then grenades/snipers, but any other concrete tips and such are much appreciated.

pulse > turret

Maximus P

Just completed the daily challenge mission with randoms. My god those shot gun rushers are brutal... Just 2 would wipe out our entire team if they got the drop on us but seeing 5-6 round the corner on the final section was enough to make us all run away.

edit:

Yes. We hunt men, not deer.

lol.

bjaelke

oh snap :p

What's the faster way though, going rogue rank 1 and losing it over and over, or going on manhunt and surviving that? At rank 72 I'm noticing that level 1 rogue gives me more xp for less time compared to manhunt...

Level 1 is safer on PC at least. Doubt it's faster. Rehab getting fixed Tuesday, so that might help.

Deku Tree

People should start getting used to not using smartcover stack since it will no longer work come Tuesday's patch.

People should also get used to turrets not staggering rushing shotgunners, because that will no longer work come Tuesday's patch.

I sense a lot of rushing shotgunners are on the way in the Incursion.
People are gonna be salty in the incursion when they wipe on round 14 with no checkpoint after massive sends 8 rushing shotgunners at them from the spawn door behind the cover point.

bjaelke

Natchai said on stream that it was getting fixed and they were aware of the other exploits (no confirmation if they would also be fixed).

jbortz78

Yeah but 4 with pulse is overkill. Turrets are great for distracting heavies since they always go for them. Throw behind them so they turn around and shoot their backs.

Thxs for the quick responses.

So if we where to try with just the 3 of us would a good setup be:

1 with support station + pulse
1 with support station + turret
1 with sticky flash + smart cover

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Does dark zone rank mean anything besides letting you buy higher ranked gear?

if two players with the same gear but one has a higher dz rank are their stats different somehow?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
People should also get used to turrets not staggering rushing shotgunners, because that will no longer work come Tuesday's patch.

People are gonna be salty in the incursion when they wipe on round 14 with no checkpoint after massive sends 8 rushing shotgunners at them from the spawn door behind the cover point.

Wtf what the hell are we supposed to use then? Everything being nerfed to hell lol

Edit: Sorry for the double post, forgot to edit :/

AYS

Neo Member
Does dark zone rank mean anything besides letting you buy higher ranked gear?

if two players with the same gear but one has a higher dz rank are their stats different somehow?
It's just access to the dz safe house shops for now. No state boost or extra bonus besides access to those blueprints.

jbortz78

I thought the patch made it so turrets couldnt surpress enemies?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Morning all.

Wonder what kinda of talents we'll see on the gear sets. Maybe something like lightweight armour but can sprint quicker.

I thought the patch made it so turrets couldnt surpress enemies?

Yeah and that will affect attempting to suppress rushing shotgunners the worst.

Suppressing =/= stunning.

Use flame turret, or even better, shock turret on rushers.

Natchai said on stream that it was getting fixed and they were aware of the other exploits (no confirmation if they would also be fixed).

Rogue level 1 and surviving is faster, definitely.

Wait, it is? I didn't see that in the patch notes. What about the chest piece one?

Yup, watching stream now. Also mentioned that the police academy speed run glitch will be fixed (not sure if this patch or a future one).

Paertan

On the roof of Lexington. After you kill the mobs and rescued the agent and enemies come from the elevator. Put a Flame Turret on the ledge just in front of the door the next wave spawn from. As the lady starta speaking you plant it. As soon as the door opens the turret will set their world on fire.

RNGesus finally blessed me with my first HE weapon drop from a named elite in the DZ (after 600 item extractions and almost 5 days of gameplay), a Midas that has better stats compared to my crafted vector.

I was lucky to successfully extract it, because a group of rougues came to the extraction zone right when I was on the rope, they tried to kill me, but I was with my signature skill active.

This game is legit :)

I recorded the hole thing:
https://youtu.be/1TpoYTNMNzQ

Yes. We hunt men, not deer.

I found a wallet in the Dark Zone. I believe this belongs to you:

2724359-bmf.jpg

oh snap :p

What's the faster way though, going rogue rank 1 and losing it over and over, or going on manhunt and surviving that? At rank 72 I'm noticing that level 1 rogue gives me more xp for less time compared to manhunt...

I'm pretty sure rogue 1 -> drop status -> rogue it again is more beneficial, but manhunts are more fun. It can be hard to stay rogue 1 on some servers: when people swarm you for the rogue kill, you have to defend yourself.

I think I have you on my PSN friends list. If you're on tonight (as in, like 9 or 10 hours from now) and feel like hitting the DZ, I'm up for it.

On the roof of Lexington. After you kill the mobs and rescued the agent and enemies come from the elevator. Put a Flame Turret on the ledge just in front of the door the next wave spawn from. As the lady starta speaking you plant it. As soon as the door opens the turret will set their world on fire.

Yeah, this slays. You can also do this with a well-timed incendiary grenade. Basically, when she goes "Negative, Ramos" you get ready. When you see the red blip on your radar, go ahead and throw it at the foot of the door. Tear gas, too.

Deku Tree

Sorry for the OT post.

Anyone know if these there is any way that I can order these Sony PlayStation 4 In Ear Headphones (PS4)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0146U49VA/

http://www.itworld.com/article/3000...the-best-solution-for-console-voice-chat.html

to be shipped to a USA address?

Or does anyone know of any other decent headphones that plug into the PS4 controller and have a microphone with a working mute button?

My sony Gold's recently broke and I'd rather have headphones than an over the ear headset.

Yup, watching stream now. Also mentioned that the police academy speed run glitch will be fixed (not sure if this patch or a future one).
Nice. I'm all for these glitches being patched even though I use the rehab one haha. Hopefully they also patch the places where people are going rogue/manhunt and glitching into walls.....

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Sorry for the OT post.

Anyone know if these there is any way that I can order these Sony PlayStation 4 In Ear Headphones (PS4)

http://www.itworld.com/article/3000...the-best-solution-for-console-voice-chat.html

Or does anyone know of any other decent headphones that plug into the PS4 controller and have a microphone with a working mute button?

My sony Gold's recently broke and I'd rather have headphones than an over the ear headset.
Amazon USA was no good and they go for $80-$100 on eBay so if nobody posts a solution just buy the PS4 earbud that comes with the PS4 if you want to stick to official products since they go for $10~ on eBay

D_psipher

RNGesus finally blessed me with my first HE weapon drop from a named elite in the DZ (after 600 item extractions and almost 5 days of gameplay), a Midas that has better stats compared to my crafted vector.

I was lucky to successfully extract it, because a group of rougues came to the extraction zone right when I was on the rope, they tried to kill me, but I was with my signature skill active.

This game is legit :)

I recorded the hole thing:
https://youtu.be/1TpoYTNMNzQ

That was clutch. Congrats on the drop, I am glad you got it out.

This is what I thought before the Incursion stream and it's really gotten worse now. I really wish they just made the entire game a dark zone to begin with, so I wouldn't have bought the game in the first place.

I still can't believe that there are only 4 challenge mode missions. Or that they aren't doing anything interesting with the PvE spaces that make up more than half the entire playable area of the game. They might as well not have a map because everyone just ports to a safe house or a mission start area and ignores the map completely.

At least Diablo's new season starts at the end of the month.

Of course we do , once you've cleared the map , there is no interest in roaming the streets , AT ALL.
Teleporting is faster

Sorry for the OT post.

I see a lot of people talking up the Vita earbuds.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006PP3ZK6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

No first-hand experience though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom