• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbortz78

RNGesus finally blessed me with my first HE weapon drop from a named elite in the DZ (after 600 item extractions and almost 5 days of gameplay), a Midas that has better stats compared to my crafted vector.

I was lucky to successfully extract it, because a group of rougues came to the extraction zone right when I was on the rope, they tried to kill me, but I was with my signature skill active.

This game is legit :)

I recorded the hole thing:
https://youtu.be/1TpoYTNMNzQ

Damn that was too close, awesome you got it out just in time:)

Tecnniqe

Banned
eBXi66f.png

Bambi's

cackhyena

I've had this on my hdd since before launch. Finally started. I guess I'm an Asian like the beta cuz he's the best looking. How could they provide this paltry of choices for the final game?

Deku Tree

Amazon USA was no good and they go for $80-$100 on eBay so if nobody posts a solution just buy the PS4 earbud that comes with the PS4 if you want to stick to official products since they go for $10~ on eBay

Thanks! I don't need to stick to official products. But I want stereo in-ear headsets with a working Mic on PS4 with a mute button on the headset somewhere.

Know anything like that?

I see a lot of people talking up the Vita earbuds.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006PP3ZK6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

No first-hand experience though.

Thanks!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Nice. I'm all for these glitches being patched even though I use the rehab one haha. Hopefully they also patch the places where people are going rogue/manhunt and glitching into walls.....

Life in the DZ is going to be rough without the rehab glitch :/ i can spare more points to dps and skill because I'm constantly regenerating health.

Life in the DZ is going to be rough without the rehab glitch :/ i can spare more points to dps and skill because I'm constantly regenerating health.
I've been working on having a higher stamina build without sacrificing my dps in anticipation of the glitch getting patched eventually. I'll just need to switch to the gear I've set aside.

Going up against people without it is going to be so lovely. >:]

How much game time? Iv'e put in more time than i should but i'm only at level 39.

Is the 'bambi' comment insinuating that you got to this level solely by running around killing low geared players?

I took it to mean that he's now a Thumper, and we are all now just Bambis.

3c4FhGZ.png

Tecnniqe

Banned
How much game time? Iv'e put in more time than i should but i'm only at level 39.

Is the 'bambi' comment insinuating that you got to this level solely by running around killing low geared players?

195 hours total.

And no, it was more of a "scrubs" type of comment :p

Trojan

I was out of town this week and missed most of the discussion around the patch. Were the main changes lowering DZ level requirements for vendor gear/blueprints? I also heard a couple glitches got fixed.

As someone who is DZ lvl 40 and all decked out in HE, are there any other changes that significantly affect endgame?

Pop

Sorry for the OT post.

Anyone know if these there is any way that I can order these Sony PlayStation 4 In Ear Headphones (PS4)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0146U49VA/

http://www.itworld.com/article/3000...the-best-solution-for-console-voice-chat.html

to be shipped to a USA address?

Or does anyone know of any other decent headphones that plug into the PS4 controller and have a microphone with a working mute button?

My sony Gold's recently broke and I'd rather have headphones than an over the ear headset.

Vita ear buds are great. Been using them since the release of the PS4. Same pair. Cost like $10.

Well worth it

willow ve

So as someone who just hit level 14 and is enjoying the low end Dark Zone, what are my options for gearing up at this level without leveling up into the next player bracket?

I've run into some players who just destroy me even though they're level 12 or 13. Do I need to grind to level 30 DZ to gear up from DZ vendors?

EL CUCO

According to Natchai on stream right now, Rehabilitated is getting fixed with April 12 patch. He's not sure about Reckless.

Lima

Even though not mentioned in the patch notes I hope they are going to adjust the punishment for going rogue. As it stands there will be zero reason to not kill everyone on sight cause there is no risk involved and everyone is going to be carrying high ends.

Go back to at least pre-patch levels, maybe make the punishment even more severe.

jbortz78

Even though not mentioned in the patch notes I hope they are going to adjust the punishment for going rogue. As it stands there will be zero reason to not kill everyone on sight cause there is no risk involved and everyone is going to be carrying high ends.

Go back to at least pre-patch levels, maybe make the punishment even more severe.

Yup should be a risk/reward system, now its just reward aka kill bambi = profit.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Thanks! I don't need to stick to official products. But I want stereo in-ear headsets with a working Mic on PS4 with a mute button on the headset somewhere.

Know anything like that?
In that case I recommend the PS Vita Headphones too but personally I can't stand those in ear rubber Headphones without having to buy some custom Comfort Foam Earphone Tips to replace the rubber tips so I tried to stick eatbuds whenever possible.

quest

Not Banned from OT
In regards to the new update information; I think they have gone from one extreme to another. They wanted HE drops to be special but now you are guaranteed one, where is the challenge in that. In my opinion they should have just increased the drop rate on named bosses by say 30% so that you might get one, you might not instead of the 0.04% chance it is now.

A player could start as a fresh 30 ar 7am and by 7pm he could be fully geared and ready for incursions, where is the longevity in that?

Secondly, they have now made DZ chest keys worthless, who will open those when all thy drop is blues and purples when you can just go farm bosses instead for a guaranteed HE drop.

It is perfect now and will have similar drop rates per hour as diablo 3. Just because one has all HE items does not mean they have good gear. It might take 500 chest pieces to get one with the right talents and stats especially the right skills. The difference in power level between someone with just HE gear and someone with the right stats is night and day. That is not even accounting for having multiple sets of gear for different builds. We don't even know if set pieces will drop off anything but incursion monsters and DZ plans. If that is the case well it will take a while for the average person to get a sold set of the new gear. The HE drop rate will just help the average and casual gamer a ton which is great. I am so happy they pulled a Microsoft and did a 180 on players having to much gear mentality. It only took 10k comments in 12 hours on reddit to get it done.

This literally happened to me the day I hit 50.

I had just left the Safe House in DZ03 and wanted to hoof it to DZ06. 4 rogues had a different idea. Then I went full tilt and had to get revenge, so yeah. Needed a few NPC circuit runs to get back.

Since I solo 90% of the time in the DZ, I've gotten used to dealing with groups. Sometimes, the goal is just make sure I take some of them down with me. Sometimes I survive it. Sometimes I pick fights for a free ride back to a Checkpoint when I want to leave.

TheBear

I've spent the last two and a half hours trying to beat the Russian consulate. Finally beat hornet, and the his fucking body glitches and disappears so we can't complete the level. So, fuck it, we kill ourselves and start the check point again. Down to three now as one dropped out, two of us get killed by shotguns and the third falls through the world, and we spend the next 15 mins watching him try to kill himself with a sticky bomb. Finally does it, we kill hornet and I get a HE backpack.

Fuck this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom