• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

No problem. Thanks for joining in. :)

Nah, just purples. Didn't got a single HE from that run. I kept getting a full inventory since I'm stocking up on gear mods for electronic mats.

Had a private HE drop just before the death-revive-death at the DZ6 cleaners. Disappeared by the time I got back. Weird.

Gotta walk dog, cheers for the wee run.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is it just RNG whether you get the skin to drop or not? Or do you have to be the one to fire the kill shot on the boss?

I have gotten many many Electric Green's but I only got one Red White Blue which I accidentally deleted...

Think its RNG. After farming Lexington it feels like it has a 20-25% chance of droping.

Mentok

Banned
I just got a chestplate with "reckless" on it...anybody use that talent? Is it worth the extra damage for the extra firepower?

Slythe

Hey so I picked up a GTX 970 last week and this game was given along with it, so I downloaded Uplay and tried to boot it up today and I have had nothing but display issues.

First time I booted up the game it displayed in full screen but the right half of the display was cut off. I got out of that, adjusted a setting on Nvidia Control Panel and now when I boot the game up it is a bordered window, and after the opening cinematic ends I just get an indefinite black screen.

I did a little bit of research and learned that in March there was a driver update that can cause multiple issues, and I was wondering if that's why I'm experiencing these errors? If so have you guys found any fixes?

bjaelke

Hey so I picked up a GTX 970 last week and this game was given along with it, so I downloaded Uplay and tried to boot it up today and I have had nothing but display issues.

First time I booted up the game it displayed in full screen but the right half of the display was cut off. I got out of that, adjusted a setting on Nvidia Control Panel and now when I boot the game up it is a bordered window, and after the opening cinematic ends I just get an indefinite black screen.

I did a little bit of research and learned that in March there was a driver update that can cause multiple issues, and I was wondering if that's why I'm experiencing these errors? If so have you guys found any fixes?

Try alt+enter after you launch the game.

Hjod

Banned
How much DZxp do one get for reaching and surviving Rank 1 as a Rouge? I usually solo in DZ and I can't survive a manhunt on my own. So I'm just thinking if going to Rank 1 as Rouge and surviving it is a viable way to lvl up. I think I'm at DZ55 and killing mobs is dreadfully tedious at the moment.

I just cleared Stuyvesant and have been doing everything solo, clearing every neighborhood of its side missions and main missions before moving on to the neighborhood with the next highest level range.

So far, I've been able to accomplish this with minimal hassle, since completing every mission before moving on to the next area leaves you comfortably over-leveled.

My question is, at what point is this not the case? I'm guessing that, as I move north through the eastern neighborhoods, I'll eventually hit a point where tackling everything solo becomes significantly harder despite my current level. Can someone provide insight on this? I'd like to know if I'm going to hit a wall before I actually do.

I just cleared Stuyvesant and have been doing everything solo, clearing every neighborhood of its side missions and main missions before moving on to the neighborhood with the next highest level range.

So far, I've been able to accomplish this with minimal hassle, since completing every mission before moving on to the next area leaves you comfortably over-leveled.

My question is, at what point is this not the case? I'm guessing that, as I move north through the eastern neighborhoods, I'll eventually hit a point where tackling everything solo becomes significantly harder despite my current level. Can someone provide insight on this? I'd like to know if I'm going to hit a wall before I actually do.

I did the same thing with you. For me, there was no such wall.

h0tp0ck3t

Same card, same issue. There was a post on reddit suggesting to hit alt + enter on the black screen to force windowed mode and that worked for me. Once i got into the actual game I switched it to borderless window and the problem never came back

Edit: Too slow

Iceman829

Secondly, they have now made DZ chest keys worthless, who will open those when all thy drop is blues and purples when you can just go farm bosses instead for a guaranteed HE drop.

DZ key chests can drop HE items right now. They aren't worthless. They are also positioned near areas you will pass through in order to kill named enemies to get those guaranteed HE drops. The 4 seconds to swerve over to a chest to collect DZ fun bucks and 2 items isn't worthless, but feel free to ignore them.

Nice. I'm all for these glitches being patched even though I use the rehab one haha. Hopefully they also patch the places where people are going rogue/manhunt and glitching into walls.....

Good thing I have about 15 masks I crafted in storage to find the best one for my loadout. No more buff parties in the DZ

theWB27

DZ key chests can drop HE items right now. They aren't worthless. They are also positioned near areas you will pass through in order to kill named enemies to get those guaranteed HE drops. The 4 seconds to swerve over to a chest to collect DZ fun bucks and 2 items isn't worthless, but feel free to ignore them.

Good thing I have about 15 masks I crafted in storage to find the best one for my loadout. No more buff parties in the DZ

Hey ice my gt is the same as my name here. I'm on now if you can run.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I missed buying the Solid - Orange. And supposedly there's a Solid - Coyote Tan out there? But I did pick up the Solid - Stealth Grey. The solid colors are the best.

I'm on my 8th pink, 4th teal, only 1 green, no red/white/blues but that one looks a bit ridiculous.

Heres what I have. I dont believe I've missed one for sale unless the lower levels have had them. Just a shame the grey ones all look similar. I want a pure white and red one.

1Z2nzX5.png

Re-worked my build to increase stamina and unlock weapon perks. I hope this will be good enough for the hard incursion at least.

Armor is at 57.3% and each slot is ilvl 31 except backpack. I'm too afraid to craft one until after the patch.

ch4fx_

I missed buying the Solid - Orange.

You & me both man, I really hope that wasn't a one time thing & that it shows up for sale again at some point. Has anyone noticed if the same skin from the supply line has been sold on different days?

Given how present orange is in this game, I'm surprised that skin is hard to come by
ish

DasTanK

Re-worked my build to increase stamina and unlock weapon perks. I hope this will be good enough for the hard incursion at least.

Armor is at 57.3% and each slot is ilvl 31 except backpack. I'm too afraid to craft one until after the patch.

crafting a backpack doesn't cause an issue. The issue is having modded guns/equipment not being used and having a full backpack. So when the bug happens and unmods your gun/equipment it will overfill your backpack and cause you to be locked out. So as long
as you leave enough room when you log out, you will not have a problem.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You & me both man, I really hope that wasn't a one time thing & that it shows up for sale again at some point. Has anyone noticed if the same skin from the supply line has been sold on different days?

Given how present orange is in this game, I'm surprised that skin is hard to come by
ish

Yea I seen last nights been sold a few weeks ago so I imagine the orange will be around again.

What stuff you doing? I could jump on for 20 mins.

ch4fx_

Yea I seen last nights been sold a few weeks ago so I imagine the orange will be around again.

Fuck yea, thanks for letting me know. I'll have to buy 2 for my primary/secondary, a back up for those, &&&& a back up for those.

Obviously, I really like the color orange. Plus, an orange skin will match my outfit better than a pink skin will.. so there's that.

EL CUCO

crafting a backpack doesn't cause an issue. The issue is having modded guns/equipment not being used and having a full backpack. So when the bug happens and unmods your gun/equipment it will overfill your backpack and cause you to be locked out. So as long
as you leave enough room when you log out, you will not have a problem.
Last night was the first time in my 165 hrs of play time that any piece of gear unequips itself. It just so happened to be a backpack that I crafted the night before. It actually happened twice, one of those times during a mission. I hadn't done anything different other than equip a crafted backpack.

Also, it was showing that I had space for 84 items after I re-equiped the backpack. So I deconstructed my crafted backpacks and relogged in and everything was fine. I'm sure ths lockout bug happens when you're carrying over the alloted amount of items, but there's definitely something going on with crafted backpacks.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
No. Having only 1 piece doesn't give you a bonus.
So each Bonus activates depending on how many pieces your wearing? Interesting this makes Gear Set Mixing viable.

Deku Tree

The (2), (3), and (4) indicates how many pieces of the gear set you need to be wearing to activate the perk.

Path of the Nomad working everywhere is OP. They gonna lock that behind DZ90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom