• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

How they set it up its like Diablo.

4 set unlock the set ulti.

2 unlock first, 3 unlock next, 4 unlocks main talent

Out of 6 slots that leaves 2 at the end.

I understand that. What I am wondering is if you can get the bonuses from more than one set at the same time. Maybe they only release the set gear in four specific pieces of gear?

Reddit pointed out that in the stream they had all slots filled with set gear.

tc-the-division-update-1-1-gear-sets-inventory.jpg

This image shows all Striker gear.

Macrotus

That striker set piece bonus is strong.

If I'm going to grind DZ, I think I'll keep my gear score under 160 and grind so that I wouldn't be matched with those people equipping gear sets lol
I think a lot of other players will consider that too.

( I know stuff in your inventory counts, so I'll put them all in my stash. If they search for stash too, then ill just put them in my alts bags or something =P )

spyder_ur

Reddit pointed out that in the stream they had all slots filled with set gear.

tc-the-division-update-1-1-gear-sets-inventory.jpg

This image shows all Striker gear.

Good point - doesn't it seem really weird that there would be no bonus for equipping a full set though?

Hope they have ilvl 32 set gear that has better stats! Those are some low numbers...

I wouldn't mind if they weren't great stat-wise and if HEs were better. That way you are giving something up by equipping the sets in exchange for the bonuses. Otherwise, everyone will just rock the sets and what's the point of all the HE gear we've got dropping?

Tawpgun

Good point - doesn't it seem really weird that there would be no bonus for equipping a full set though?

I wouldn't mind if they weren't great stat-wise and if HEs were better. That way you are giving something up by equipping the sets in exchange for the bonuses. Otherwise, everyone will just rock the sets and what's the point of all the HE gear we've got dropping?
They might want you to mix and match more. Gives you more variety. Besides the lvl 4 bonus is huge anyway.

Assuming rehab glitch won't be fixed, people will still want the high end mask.

180K DPS & 100K Health

This is my goal, but it seems so hard to reach. Half of my gear is optimized for Firearms, but the other half wasn't crafted, it was looted. The other night I crafted the HE Stamina Mod, hoping to raise my health a bit, but it was pretty useless.

I'm currently at 147K DPS & 61K Health. I'm almost there, but damn. I can also bring my DPS up 155K, but that reduces my health to 47K. I decided to take the health instead.

Any tips for reaching my goal? I still need to buy blueprints for my vest, gloves and holster. My original plan was to craft firearms-centric gear with health benefits, and then add stamina mods to it.

I also need to upgrade most of my gun attachments, too. They're all purples. Is there a high-end 12x or 15x scope out there?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Looks like a MP5

MP5 ST if I'm not mistaken.

But all the named guns in this game got same weapon look so, I do think that is the Valkyria as a sneak peak.

Also NOMAD is only gonna get used if:

2-Set: Reduce Exotic Damage by 15 or 20%
3-Set: Reduce damage taken (damage mitigation) by 20 or 25%
4-Set: 1 UP MARIO!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is the new HE named SMG coming with the Tuesday update gonna be good?

From datamine:

Valkyria Weapon Talents
•Determined: Killing a target reduces your skill cooldowns by {0}%.
•Competent: Whenever you use a skill, your weapon damage is increased by {0}% for {1} seconds.
•Responsive: When closer than {0} meters from your target, your damage is increased by {1}%.

Tawpgun

180K DPS & 100K Health

This is my goal, but it seems so hard to reach. Half of my gear is optimized for Firearms, but the other half wasn't crafted, it was looted. The other night I crafted the HE Stamina Mod, hoping to raise my health a bit, but it was pretty useless.

I'm currently at 147K DPS & 61K Health. I'm almost there, but damn. I can also bring my DPS up 155K, but that reduces my health to 47K. I decided to take the health instead.

Any tips for reaching my goal? I still need to buy blueprints for my vest, gloves and holster. My original plan was to craft firearms-centric gear with health benefits, and then add stamina mods to it.

I also need to upgrade most of my gun attachments, too. They're all purples. Is there a high-end 12x or 15x scope out there?
Is that even possible

So, if you can go with 4 set (A) pieces + 2 set (B) pieces as it appears you can, let's start brainstorming best builds.

For PvP:

We have a few options. 4 Striker's for the set's ult, with either 2 Sentry's for Headshot Damage, or 2 Tactician's for Skill Power, since if you're stacking DPS, skill power typically takes a hit before Stamina does.

But maybe it'd be worth a look at 3 and 3. If you do this, the clear winner to me becomes Striker and Tactician. That Skill Haste can mean a near constant uptick on Pulse, with a much more frequent First Aid.

For PvE:

I've been saying for a while that skills in general need buffs to make a support role more enticing. This can take the already powerful team-oriented skill build and make it better, but it doesn't do much for builds that aren't all-in.

I say the one here to pick would be 4 Sentry's and 2 Striker's. NPCs will melt.

As is, I don't see a real use for Nomad's. Scavenging is broken and is made redundant by guaranteed HE drops. The 4-set bonus is cool but once every ten minutes? Compared to +45% incoming damage every 10 seconds, since headshotting with an MP5 is so simple, it's not even close. Or consecutively stacking damage, for that matter.

Deku Tree

From datamine:

Valkyria Weapon Talents
•Competent: Whenever you use a skill, your weapon damage is increased by {0}% for {1} seconds.
•Responsive: When closer than {0} meters from your target, your damage is increased by {1}%.

I want it.

fr0st

Banned
From datamine:

Valkyria Weapon Talents
You have the one for the new AR?

From datamine:

Valkyria Weapon Talents

Yeah, that's definitely a skill build weapon along with the liberator, and caduceus.

I think the warlord is going to be AK-74/47

Did they post the talents for the warlord?

Tecnniqe

Banned
You have the one for the new AR?

Warlord Weapon Talents
•Capable: Using a skill improves the handling of the weapon for {0} seconds.
•Ferocious: +{0}% Bonus damage to Elite and Named enemies.
•Unforgiving: Damage increases based on your missing health: 1 missing segment +{0}%; 2 missing segments +{1}%

Warlord Weapon Talents
•Capable: Using a skill improves the handling of the weapon for {0} seconds.
•Ferocious: +{0}% Bonus damage to Elite and Named enemies.
•Unforgiving: Damage increases based on your missing health: 1 missing segment +{0}%; 2 missing segments +{1}%

Meh. Ferocious is cool but others aren't my favorite. I still love auto AR's so I'll be searching for it regardless ;-)

Speaking of, still don't have the damn Cadeceus I think it's the only named I'm missing in the current build. Not enough BK farming I guess..

I didn't think it was, but I saw some random video on YouTube yesterday and the guy had those stats. It's pretty insane, but for me it's sort of my ultimate end goal. I really just hate being taken out in 2 sniper shots from a 32 elite.

Keep in mind the stat inflation that can occur. Certain skills, when used, will show up on the stat sheet so you can take screenshots and look way more badass than you actually are. Pumping a bunch of HE accuracy-based mods will achieve a higher DPS, too, but aren't any better in a practical sense.

If you problem is getting downed too easily, take a look at your damage mitigation, based on your armor stat. Getting that as close to 65% as possible goes a huge way toward extending your life. I can take 3 point-blank shotguns before I go down, and I only have 61K health.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Meh. Ferocious is cool but others aren't my favorite. I still love auto AR's so I'll be searching for it regardless ;-)

Speaking of, still don't have the damn Cadeceus I think it's the only named I'm missing in the current build. Not enough BK farming I guess..

100% chance on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom