• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjod

Banned
Thanks both. So the HE mats I've made from Div Tech aren't DZ specific, I guess?

The inventory doesn't help - All I can see is how much Div Tech I have but it doesn't say what rarity.

I haven't seen anything alluding to there being blueprints that need Dark Zone mats to craft. I think they used that destinction in the crafting menu because they all use DT to craft.

Hjod

Banned
Why are folks farming PC before the patch? Are they getting a nerf to be harder to get?

I think they are just preparing to buy the new blueprints I guess. They won't be harder to get, I think they will be easier, I think weekly assignments will give you some PC also.

bjaelke

You don't want to be stuck farming something post-patch when you can already stock up on it now. There'll be other, more interesting, activities to partake in tomorrow and onwards.

Fistwell

Yeah, new BPs. The talk of making good items hard to get ("to make them feel special") is making me thing they'll jack up the price on good lvl32 BPs as well. Bracing for redonculous prices.

Klyka

Banned
All those people who are gonna buy the top tier items immediately after path release, breeze through the challenge mode incursion and complain about it being too easy and then go into the DZ back to their regular "bambi hunting".

It's the same every time in every game :)

Hjod

Banned
All those people who are gonna buy the top tier items immediately after path release, breeze through the challenge mode incursion and complain about it being too easy and then go into the DZ back to their regular "bambi hunting".

Par for the course in every loot game haha.

Audioboxer

I solo the DZ like a boss, I am the Bambi King. BK.

ChrisW

Think I'm going to hold off buying any of the new BP's until the mass has found out the best items to buy, don't want to be wasting PC.

Was going to buy the mp5 ASAP but there might be something better like a lvl 32 vector

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Think I'm going to hold off buying any of the new BP's until the mass has found out the best items to buy, don't want to be wasting PC.

Was going to buy the mp5 ASAP but there might be something better like a lvl 32 vector

Yeah I'm really conflicted. I have a crap ton of crafting mats stockpiled, and I'm tempted to craft a bunch of stuff while the cost is only 8 mats (vs. 10 tomorrow), but at the same time we have no idea what new blueprints they are adding. My gear is not that great (been pretty much stockpiling mats since I hit 30), so I was going to go ham on crafting all high end mods, a good AK, and a nice shotgun.

Is there a datamine floating around anywhere or are we just completely in the dark? On the one side there might be better weapons/mods, but on the other hand there might be only a handful and then the level 31 stuff becomes more expensive to craft :(.

So i have a level 7 character on PC nothing major i think maybe one or two blue coloured loot but i seem to be locked out of logging into that character whenever i select that character it says The Division services are not available at this time Delta 20000988

however i just made a new character and was able to log in and play the game

i don't mind starting again but i really would like to keep going with my level 7 character, anyone have any work arounds or fixes?

TsuWave

I think they are just preparing to buy the new blueprints I guess. They won't be harder to get, I think they will be easier, I think weekly assignments will give you some PC also.

i thought that credits would be the new currency for blueprints?

Woo, finally soloed myself to DZ 75. At least I can now buy the 75 Blueprints on Tuesday. please be good!

Has anyone noticed a sharp increase in rogues hiding in the beta ladder spot since the patch announcement? I assume everyone is trying to grind to 50/75/90 or whatever quicker by surviving manhunts. Not one server I've been on hasn't had someone hiding up there :D

Still waiting on that VE3TRO gif.

He left us all waiting. Something to look forward to in the morning I guess

Just like ve3tro to tease us like this

There tends to be almost no one in DZ05 & DZ06. If there are people in that area, from my experiences, they tend not to be hostile.

You say that..... ;)

What's the point of going on a manhunt if your entire group is already a 99?

Because it's fun?

I've been wrecked by folks who were in the dz 90-99 range on numerous occasions.... I became the Bambi lol. But it makes me look forward to getting there myself so I can carry that sacred flame.

Fistwell

i thought that credits would be the new currency for blueprints?
I think what they said was that they want to make DZ credits more fun and useful, and will let you buy more stuff with them, including more BPs. I'm still expecting higher lvl BPs to cost PCs though, although I don't know that it's been explicitly stated.

Audioboxer

I'm trying to get to 75 as well solo. Got any tips haha?

Google a named enemy map and just go from point to point. I also found doing some grinding underground can go smoothly if most of the rogue action is going on above ground. The underground in DZ3 is good.

If some rogues run underground for cover which they sometimes do you'll probably have the drop on them to hit them. Chances are they'll be running with some damage already taken. If it's a whole gank squad then just run. Luckily underground can be like a maze and easy to escape.

I'm trying to get to 75 as well solo. Got any tips haha?
When I'm playing solo I stick to dz04-06 and kind of just pick my way around on circular paths that I've made for myself. Pick up dtech, kill named guys, trash mobs, an occasional dz chest if available, etc.

Honestly, the upper three zones of the dz are my favorites. Gorgeous art design, and so many places to duck into or hide away quickly.

The concealment pulse is good to use if you see a rogue blip on your map. Booster shot. Shock turret.

Solo dz is its own kind of (tense) fun.

Hjod

Banned
Google a named enemy map and just go from point to point. I also found doing some grinding underground can go smoothly if most of the rogue action is going on above ground. The underground in DZ3 is good.

If some rogues run underground for cover which they sometimes do you'll probably have the drop on them to hit them. Chances are they'll be running with some damage already taken. If it's a whole gank squad then just run. Luckily underground can be like a maze and easy to escape.

When I'm playing solo I stick to dz04-06 and kind of just pick my way around on circular paths that I've made for myself. Pick up dtech, kill named guys, trash mobs, an occasional dz chest if available, etc.

Honestly, the upper three zones of the dz are my favorites. Gorgeous art design, and so many places to duck into or hide away quickly.

The concealment pulse is good to use if you see a rogue blip on your map. Booster shot. Shock turret.

Solo dz is its own kind of (tense) fun.

Thanks guys, I've been doing mostly this and I'm DZ58 atm. I actually prefer running DZ solo, and I've gotten ganked a few times, but hey I always retaliate haha ;).

It can even happen to Hamish

https://twitter.com/hamishbode/status/719466064191557633

Imagine a "generous loot game".

What's up with that Dune Jacket, I just noticed it in my inventory yesterday haha?

Ve3tro right now

giphy.gif

kriskrosbbk

I suppose it's still not safe to craft a high end backpack?

I crafted one two weeks ago and using it without issues.They explained you should not leave it maxed out.On the other hand I understood it will be patched tomorrow.

PS.Is there an OT3? This one is moved to where exactly?

Matt Frost

Very disappointed that the raid will be only 4 men and its wave based... its like a normal mission but way more difficult. Bummer. Turn off.

Matt Frost

It's not a raid XD

It says Incursion, that translated to English means Raid. So then is either a typo or lies.

This is what I dont get ,they could easily add more challenging option to what we have atm.
Thank God supply drop is coming.

Some mechanics like Destiny would be great, not just horde based. Dont artificially make the game harder, make it fun with something new to do. Not the same always, rinse and repeat stuff. The Division wanted to be the next Destiny but failed miserably at that.

EL CUCO

It says Incursion, that translated to English means Raid. So then is either a typo or lies.
Is this equivalent to Raids?

PM: Raids are composed of multiple groups, so Incursions are not a raid in the MMO sense. Their difficulty, however, is comparable. Playing Falcon Lost in Challenge Mode will be extremely difficult, and will only be in reach of the best agents, using the right strategy and perfect coordination.
http://blog.ubi.com/the-division-incursions-qa-with-petter-mannerfelt/

Matt Frost

No.

Incursion: A sudden invasion or attack; an act of entering a place or area that is controlled by an enemy.

Then I made the mistake of buying this game. It was set like a trap. Incursion in Spanish means Raid by the way... Damn is a digital game so I cant sell it... and I even bought the season pass. Damn again. Never again Ubisoft.

we in the community dungeons now!

(also probably been asked a thousand times already, what time does the patch hit tomorrow, do we know?)

I assumed it was after usual timing of server maintenance so around 6 or 7 am E?

Someone might have commented already earlier but I took the day off from reading yesterday so I might have missed it ;-)

Then I made the mistake of buying this game. It was set like a trap. Incursion in Spanish means Raid by the way... Damn is a digital game so I cant sell it... and I even bought the season pass. Damn again. Never again Ubisoft.

Incursion is also an English word as Wesley said already. They never promised raids. Also if that one "rumored" feature is why you bought the game then that's not Ubisoft's fault.

red731

we in the community dungeons now!

(also probably been asked a thousand times already, what time does the patch hit tomorrow, do we know?)

Tuesday 12am PDT / 3am EDT

Starting times for other zones:
UK: Tuesday 8am/8.00 GMT+1
Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria etc.: Tuesday 9am/9.00 CEST
Eastern Europe: Tuesday 10am/10.00 (credit to SnoopTidder)
Japan: Tuesday 4pm (credit to KuzuRanger)
Sri Lanka (IST): Tuesday 12.30pm (credits to thilinac)
Sydney: Tuesday 5pm (credit to GooBandit)

3hr maintenance

ty SimplyAndy@reddit

bjaelke

Gabeelikes on stream. Paraphrase: "I don't know what the weekly reward is. But the weekly reward is worthy of being a weekly reward"
I wouldn't be too excited considering we got 3 Dark Zone keys as our monthly reward for buying the season pass. Maybe two sodas and an energy bar?

Deku Tree

Ever since the first incursion announcement, the developers have said that the incursion is not a raid, and they have said that it is a four player activity.

If you bought the complete edition expecting a raid, or multiple raids, and you are now disappointed, then it is your fault not Ubisofts. There was no trap.

KJRS_1993

Incursion in Spanish means Raid by the way...

You read ALL of the promotional material in English. Except for the word "Incursion" which you decided to interpret in Spanish for an unknown reason that I would love for you to explain. And then you sign online and accuse a publisher of laying an elaborate trap to con you? :p

Lnkn52

Well that sucks you feel that way but they're speaking in English. I don't see how that's a trap and their fault.

milkham

What is the meaningful difference between an "incursion" and a "raid?" I mean I get that this isn't going to be like a classical mmo raid with 56 people or whatever but compared to a destiny "raid" what do we know is the difference?

They said the APC won't be destroyable by your guns so that's already a non standard-for-the-rest-of-the-game mechanic. There appears to 15 waves of something to survive along with that. I don't know what else we know about it. At what point is it OK to call something a "raid"?

Top of page PSA:
No dailies until the patch April 12

Lima

Damn this might be my very first exciting extraction in the DZ. Stole a HE M1A from a group of 4 and now sitting inside a safe room. Gotta think about where to go to extract. Anyone around to help real quick on Xbox One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom