• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Agents,

The servers will shut down for maintenance to deploy update 1.1 on Tuesday, April 12 at 09:00 AM CEST, 03:00 AM EDT, 12:00 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours. Patch size will range from 4GB to 4.7GB, depending on your platform.

Patch notes: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1427740-Update-1-1-Incursions-Patch-Notes

Please follow this thread for any updates as the maintenance progresses.

Thank you,
The Division Team
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1430611-Scheduled-Maintenance-for-Update-1-1-Tuesday-April-12

Tecnniqe

Banned

Sexy

6qtUwCk.png

Tawpgun

Oh shit. Looks like supply drops are almost like a KOTH mini game. You get to the drop, eliminate the enemies, then you have to defend it for a minute.

Lnkn52

First, my game is in Spanish, so I read Incursion, a word that in english means Raid. You should learn more than 1 language...

Yeah, I feel you... also laughing at some of the responses here... Lmao.

The first ever announcement of the incursion was AFTER the game launched, so no, it's not my fault. It was weeks after the game came out... they weren't sincere before it launched. It was all rumours or speculation at that time, and I bitted the bait. Was lured into it. Never again.

Why do you think I read all the promotional info in english? Again: my game is in Spanish, so I read Incursion, a word that in english means Raid. You guys should learn more than 1 language to know this stuff... there are a lot of interesting ones, like German, Chinese, French,... also read above...

The sign online to accuse is Lmao. If I wanted to accuse them, I would write them via email, Twitter, their forum or else. Not here, in a forum that has nothing to do with them. Lol. Is an opinion. Do you work for them? xD

Well, if that's the case that's boring... The end game is to collect golden stuff every two hours and kill enemies that maybe are or there maybe not? Well, I thought Destiny was repetitive, but this tops it. I thought the endgame was to become a rogue, survive manhunts, kill other players. My version is more fun. But is true, your version is what it is.

Why why why, because its a human thing to do? I buy digital because is more convenient, I "cherrypick" a word that means something different in my language (see my post about learning multiple languages), Ubisoft never really explained it until AFTER the game was released. I buy what I want based on things, like you.

No need for the insult; I read and speak Spanish too, ty very much.

First, my game is in Spanish, so I read Incursion, a word that in english means Raid. You should learn more than 1 language...

But it doesn't mean raid in English. Maybe the translation is to "raid" but that's not the English definition. I don't claim to know more than one language fluently, but I do know my native language.

The first ever announcement of the incursion was AFTER the game launched, so no, it's not my fault. It was weeks after the game came out... they weren't sincere before it launched. It was all rumours or speculation at that time, and I bitted the bait. Was lured into it. Never again.

The following is from before launch, and it gives some details on Incursions. Not once does it mention them being a raid or even "raid-like" but rather challenging end-game activity:

In April, the first free update will introduce the first incursion, a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play. Teams will be able to test their skills as they face seemingly unstoppable enemies to gain high-level weapons and equipment.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-241886-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Craft materials to high-end yes. Weapons and gear that need Div Tech I'd say no. Tomorrow those blueprints wont need Div Tech.

I'm sitting on a kinda shitty ak-74 and super90, think I should craft good versions while they only cost 8? Or wait for the new blueprints (not interested in an SMG atm)? I'm so conflicted!!

I'm sitting on a kinda shitty ak-74 and super90, think I should craft good versions while they only cost 8? Or wait for the new blueprints (not interested in an SMG atm)?

I would wait to actually craft anything. Some blueprints will cost Dz funds instead of Pheonix Credits starting tomorrow.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ha, the supply drops really will be "pop survivor link and run for the crate and loot it" deals XD

There is a counter when they open the box, top left.

Not sure if you can open it but have to wait a minute to actually loot the content or if the AI takes it after a minute

Matt Frost

No need for the insult; I read and speak Spanish too, ty very much.

Didn't meant it like an insult... Meant it like it will make you understand more... but since you know what it means in spanish and still you said that... is a total lack of comprehension.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm sitting on a kinda shitty ak-74 and super90, think I should craft good versions while they only cost 8? Or wait for the new blueprints (not interested in an SMG atm)? I'm so conflicted!!

If you don't have really good gear already it's worth it to craft better stuff now before the update.

Klyka

Banned
There is a counter when they open the box, top left.

Not sure if you can open it but have to wait a minute to actually loot the content or if the AI takes it after a minute

Nah, that counter is for when they "expire".

You can clearly see him holding "X" on the controller to fill a little circle and open the crate with 58 seconds to spare

Dumb move.

Save survivor link for the agent fights after you get to the drop.

You need to get to the box and defend it for a minute.

You don't have to defend it, look at the footage

The timer is for when the drop "expires" and the player clearly opens the crate with 58 seconds left on the counter by just holding X

edit: here https://youtu.be/cIKOlharuZY?t=99

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

What blueprints you got? Any purchased from the DZ?

Tawpgun

Nah, that counter is for when they "expire".

You can clearly see him holding "X" on the controller to fill a little circle and open the crate with 58 seconds to spare

You don't have to defend it, look at the footage

The timer is for when the drop "expires" and the player clearly opens the crate with 58 seconds left on the counter by just holding X

edit: here https://youtu.be/cIKOlharuZY?t=99
You're right. So it operates like I thought and wanted it to. You just have to hold the button down.

I'm assuming they made it impossible to open while under fire. Otherwise survivor link abuse is very real.

Klyka

Banned
The supply drop has a 5 minute timer

After 5 minutes the supply drop expires and can't be used anymore

You walk up to the crate and hold the use button to open it

That is what the footage shows. That means "pop survivor link and sprint to the crate" will be how it works.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What blueprints you got? Any purchased from the DZ?

If you don't have really good gear already it's worth it to craft better stuff now before the update.

Just the black market AK-74 and a couple armor ones from the base for PC. Was planning on purchasing the Marine super90, stamina blueprints, and some weapon mod blueprints today and then mass crafting to get my gear to a decent spot. Nothing from the DZ, I hit level 30 only a few days ago, so I just grinded my ass to DZ 40 and stopped. So I'll nab some of thoses ex-DZ50 blueprints tomorrow as well.

I really want to craft a nice ak and shotgun (I have A LOT of mats - been farming hard), but just worried tomorrow that same vendor basically has similar ilevel 32 choices for pretty much all those lol. Also was planning on pumping up high-end stamina mods with either crit or armor (most of my mods are just shitty purps with neither of those lol).

Tecnniqe

Banned
The supply drop has a 5 minute timer

After 5 minutes the supply drop expires and can't be used anymore

You walk up to the crate and hold the use button to open it

That is what the footage shows. That means "pop survivor link and sprint to the crate" will be how it works.

Chain 4 of them for ultimate crate!

The Division |OT3| Survivor-Link (Drop) Inbound

Klyka

Banned
Just saw this in the footage

zjrlinH.jpg

The drones will come with stun tasers equipped as well.
They have blue targeting lasers then.

The red targeting lasers are for machine guns.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Couldn't a team of players using Tactical Link counter Survivor Link? And also 2 questions but does the disruption side effects immediately cancel active buffs? Does disruption prevent a player from opening crates since the interface is screwed up?

If any of those apply to the Disruption Side Effect than wielding a Sticky Bomb with the Flashbang Mod would be a good thing carry around during supply drops.

Klyka

Banned
Couldn't a team of players using Tactical Link counter Survivor Link? And also 2 questions but does the disruption side effects immediately cancel active buffs? Does disruption prevent a player from opening crates since the interface is screwed up?

If any of those apply to the Disruption Side Effect than wielding a Sticky Bomb with the Flashbang Mod would be a good thing carry around during supply drops.

Survivor link reduces physical damage taken by 80%

Tactical Link increases physical damage by 50%

So the survivor link guys will still barely take any damage (cause armor also mitigates yet again) while the Tactical link guys will take full damage in the fight and thereby die in seconds

I am talking about the usual high end gear players here of course, who will claim most of the drops.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just the black market AK-74 and a couple armor ones from the base for PC. Was planning on purchasing the Marine super90, stamina blueprints, and some weapon mod blueprints today and then mass crafting to get my gear to a decent spot. Nothing from the DZ, I hit level 30 only a few days ago, so I just grinded my ass to DZ 40 and stopped. So I'll nab some of thoses ex-DZ50 blueprints tomorrow as well.

I really want to craft a nice ak and shotgun (I have A LOT of mats - been farming hard), but just worried tomorrow that same vendor basically has similar ilevel 32 choices for pretty much all those lol. Also was planning on pumping up high-end stamina mods with either crit or armor (most of my mods are just shitty purps with neither of those lol).

Craft the AK, mine was a beast but I've moved over to the SMG/Rifle combo so I dont have much use for it. Make some gear and mods as well. Shotgun I wouldn't bother with unless they are getting sorted out tomorrow.

So the survivor link guys will still barely take any damage (cause armor also mitigates yet again) while the Tactical link guys will take full damage in the fight and thereby die in seconds

I am talking about the usual high end gear players here of course, who will claim most of the drops.

Yup and Tactical only lasts 12 seconds while Survivor has 15 seconds. Not much but those 3 seconds could help alot.

Neil_J_UK

Man I just wanna play. Been hanging at level 24 and just playing in the DZ because it's so much fun, currently DZ33. I think I might make the move to 30 though for the patch.

I've never had a 30 before - I have converted all my normal materies to HE, but what do I do about Div Tech? Do I convert that stuff? If so, into what type of crafting mats?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

So does that mean the usability of Survival Link goes out the window the moment players pop special ammo right? Because doesn't Special Ammo count as Exotic Damage instead of physical? And I'm pretty sure you can't open anything if your set on Fire.

Klyka

Banned
So does that mean the usability of Survival Link goes out the window the moment players pop special ammo right? Because doesn't Special Ammo count as Exotic Damage instead of physical? And I'm pretty sure you can't open anything if your set on Fire.

explosive shot helps, yeah. fire doesnt do all that much really

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Warlord = AK-47 (fitting)
Valkyria = SMG-9
Historian = (new marksman, box clip)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Craft the AK, mine was a beast but I've moved over to the SMG/Rifle combo so I dont have much use for it. Make some gear and mods as well. Shotgun I wouldn't bother with unless they are getting sorted out tomorrow.

Thanks for all the input guys; I guess I might as well craft a solid base set of weapons and mods before tomorrow while crafting is also 20% cheaper despite the risk of level 32 replacements being introduced.

Tawpgun

explosive shot helps, yeah. fire doesnt do all that much really
Fire can stun.

You can make cases for the other links in pve but survivor link is the goat for pvp. Maybe a team of 4 running 3 survivor links and one recovery(just in case)

But I'd almost rather have 4 survivor links. Poorly balanced in the dz

Tecnniqe

Banned
What is the KOTH everyone keeps referencing to compare the supply drop to?
I just want something more than straight up gank fest, and they already have a system in for it.
Code:
include "rogue/game system data/fruit/battleground/battlegroundsettings.fruit"

BattlegroundSettings myBattlegroundSettings
{
    myBgSetupTime 60.0
    myBgMaxTime 1200.0
    myBgShutdownTime 30.0
    myBgRespawnTime 30.0
    myMaximumCaptureValue 50
    myScoreCalculationInterval 1.0
    myControlBonusMultiplier 2
    myVacantTeamCaptureBonusMultiplier 2
    myWinningScore 1000
}

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Anyone have the info handy on the different baseline headshot damage (or was it crit damage) that various weapons put out?

I know one type started at like 50% and it went up all the way to like 125% baseline for another type of gun

I just want something more than straight up gank fest, and they already have a system in for it.
Code:

{
    myBgSetupTime 60.0
    myBgMaxTime 1200.0
    myBgShutdownTime 30.0
    myBgRespawnTime 30.0
    myMaximumCaptureValue 50
    myWinningScore 1000
}

Huh? I mean what does it stand for. Lol

sgtmofo

Neo Member
I'm hoping the 1.1 update also refreshes the Intel locations. I have two left that, no matter how close I zoom in, just do not show up.

I'll definitely be checking the PS4 Community board tomorrow to pt up with some of you.

Anyone know of a site where I can check my stats on my character (which missions I've done on hard, kills with a specific gun, etc.)?

deadduck

Code:

{
    myBgSetupTime 60.0
    myBgMaxTime 1200.0
    myBgShutdownTime 30.0
    myBgRespawnTime 30.0
    myMaximumCaptureValue 50
    myWinningScore 1000
}

This would be alot more fun than the current mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom