• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjod

Banned
Yeah I am not looking forward to the grind to 75 and 90 =

I really hope the Incurson gives DZ XP as rumored and that the assignments and supply drops give a decent amount of XP as well.

50 ranks was the requirement in the game's first month and now another 40 in the games second month. I really hope it isn't another 40+ grind every month with this game in the DZ.

Would be nice if you would get some DZxp from both Incursion and assignments. I play mostly solo so being realistic I'm never getting my hands on a supply drop haha.

Ha I had a set of gear that I was only keeping for the +xp when I was trying to reach 50. I got to 50 and dismantled a few of them thinking I wouldn't need them so much anywhere. Then they announce that there's stuff coming for 50 - 90. ;_;

I forgot about all that when I hit DZ50, and the last two days I've been gearing up for 1.1 and forgot all about DZ lvling haha.

GazzaGSi

Hyped after that trailer, awesome.

So glad I'm starting to get out the habit of thinking the dps stat is the be all end all. I've dropped approximately 30k dps today but gained over 40% armour damage to elite and named elite enemies and I've never seen them drop so quick when running Lexington earlier to test it out. Alot of the dps stat was inflamed accuracy junk anyway so more than happy with my current setup.

It bugs me though that the dps is lower yet I can get through enemies quicker, wish that dps figure wasn't there at all.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
pvuvrv_Untitled-01-10.png

smrk3.gif

Some random that got mixed in cross fire at the boss. Revived him then he killed Pat.

Iceman829

Hyped after that trailer, awesome.

So glad I'm starting to get out the habit of thinking the dps stat is the be all end all. I've dropped approximately 30k dps today but gained over 40% armour damage to elite and named elite enemies and I've never seen them drop so quick when running Lexington earlier to test it out. Alot of the dps stat was inflamed accuracy junk anyway so more than happy with my current setup.

It bugs me though that the dps is lower yet I can get through enemies quicker, wish that dps figure wasn't there at all.

Yep, once you get over the DPS stat things start to fall in place.

Wolfe

Hmm something more private and inclusive.

Let's keep the inside jokes to mobile phone text messages please, I don't even want you typing it out on the same keys you use to post here.

Am I doing it right?! :p

Maaaaan one of these days I'm gonna unlock the weapon talents on my primary :(

Deku Tree

Hyped for tomorrow. Haven't been playing for the past few days so that I wouldn't be so burned out by the time the update hit.

Ha I had a set of gear that I was only keeping for the +xp when I was trying to reach 50. I got to 50 and dismantled a few of them thinking I wouldn't need them so much anywhere. Then they announce that there's stuff coming for 50 - 90. ;_;

I've been putting on some ilvl 31 purples that I got in the DZ just because they have the increased XP perk even though they lower my DPS by like 30-40K.

Dreez

man so i finally got enough phoenix credits to buy vector blueprint.

crafted like 15 of them, used up all my mats.

why i do dis. D;

Balphon

Crazy how I only have the collectible trophies left for the Platinum. Haven't even been trying to collect trophies. They just come with regular play time. I appreciate that 👍

I finally managed to get the glitched ECHOs I was missing.

Still need rogue kills.

chogidogs

I finally managed to get the glitched ECHOs I was missing.

Me too! Finally found a person With the quest for the echo I was missing. Only missing finishing all missions on hard. I'll probably wait for the dailies to come back for that one.

So close to a platinum. My last one was Heavy Rain PS3 for reference.

ISOM

These 8 team death groups that roam the DZ should be ashamed of themselves. They even dress in the same clothes as if they were B movie henchmen. Good thing i was finished with my grinding when they I noticed them.

These 8 team death groups that roam the DZ should be ashamed of themselves. They even dress in the same clothes as if they were B movie henchmen. Good thing i was finished with my grinding when they I noticed them.

Yeah it's annoying and I hope they secretly patch it tomorrow.

Deku Tree

You know it's funny, I was watching Gabeelikes on the Division Twitch Channel today. He was soloing the DZ. And answering just about every question from chat.

Except I asked a few times if they were looking at doing anything about the 8+ team DZ super squads. Gabee ignored that question over and over, even though he answered just about every single other question that was asked. Even numerous repeat questions asked within minutes of each other.

You know it's funny, I was watching Gabeelikes on the Division Twitch Channel today. He was soloing the DZ. And answering just about every question from chat.

Except I asked a few times if they were looking at doing anything about the 8+ team DZ super squads. Gabee ignored that question over and over, even though he answered just about every single other question that was asked. Even numerous repeat questions asked within minutes of each other.

There's literally no way of patching it without a complete overhaul of how networking in the DZ works

Also nothing from stopping 2 groups that dont know each other from teaming up anyway (we've done this before)

It's an imbalance in the game. Why not let us get into a group of 8 then? It was patched out for CM and such making massive groups. It was a blast getting that together. We might be breaking the imbalance of the game there but it doesn't hurt other players doing it.

Yeah it's annoying and I hope they secretly patch it tomorrow.
Not patchable. Purposely grouping up is the equivalent of two random groups of four meeting up in the dz and calling a truce to hunt other bambis. Literally just the nature of the dz. 👍

There's a lot of fun to be had in forming a mega squad and blasting songs of freedom through game chat as we parade down the streets.

Tawpgun

The DZ doesn't follow the same networking model.

The only way to patch it is to make it so if you leave the group you get transfered to a new instance. But this means it can be abused also. ie if you guys are all manhunt, just leave group to transfer before you get overwhelmed.

Wolfe

I can respect that, that's dedication.

Deku Tree

The DZ doesn't follow the same networking model.

The only way to patch it is to make it so if you leave the group you get transfered to a new instance. But this means it can be abused also. ie if you guys are all manhunt, just leave group to transfer before you get overwhelmed.

If you leave your group, and then join a new group, then you automatically get transferred. Problem solved.

EL CUCO

Filthy teamers are just something we have to deal with I guess. I know The Division isn't the only game that it happens in.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
They aren't going to push you to a new server when you leave a team because then its losing the purpose of going rogue on that team if you know someone got good loot.

Just as Ubisoft advertised in that video with the guy leaving the group, killing 2 members then running off with the stolen drops.

Maximus P

This thread has made me hate the word 'bambi'. Such a stupid thing.

Just stick the offenders on ignore and join in the discussion with people on your level.

I find it incredibly childish, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Managed to kill 4 rogues on my own earlier. They ganked me just after I killed a named boss hoping that I was going to drop HE gear but I was empty. I caught them unawares later on with explosive rounds from my sniper.

Felt good.

I'm still low geared compared to most but the timing of your skills and explosive rounds can catch even large groups by surprise.

GazzaGSi

Yep, once you get over the DPS stat things start to fall in place.

Too true, it's all started to 'click' for me. Last week I was rocking 200k dps thinking I was the shit but gradually have been reducing it all week focusing on individual stats in more detail and now even though the dps is alot lower enemies are dropping so much quicker. Glad I've taken the time to actually pay attention and study what effects what etc.

Group 1 and Group 2 cross paths in the the dz. Never met each other before. They decide to call a truce.

Voila.

8 man squad.

This isn't getting patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom