• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushay

4AbJK8k.jpg

Nice.

Jrmint

I watched a YouTube video last night that recommended leveling up 4 characters to max in this game. That seems insane to me, it's probably gonna take me 30 hours to get 1 character to max, maybe I'll level 2.

Seems like the only people able to do that will be streamer/youtubers.

Any of you guys leveling alts yet?

I am so green when it comes to RPG's.

DPS vs DMG
Rolls
Deconstructing vs Selling
Which equipment is best

For example - I am a level 16 and had a blue body armor 101 arm. My health before being equipped was listed at 8,123. If equipped it showed in green that it jump up to 10604. I equip the armor and my health only goes up 51 points to 8,174. What?!?

Deconstruction vs selling - I have deconstructed all white items and pretty much all green. I just now started selling items because this was my deconstruction numbers

• Fabric - 232 green 5 blue
• Weapon Parts – 117 green 6 blue
• Tools - 58 green 9 blue
• Electronics – 47 green 23 blue
• Division Tech – 1 green 2 blue

I believe I have the icons correct. So it seems I have a lot of crafting material and spent the last few hours of game time yesterday selling and went from $15k in cash to $22k in cash. Just not sure if selling now should be the route or continue to deconstruct.

Any tips you guys can share with a guy with not much RPG experience would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I love this game. 1 day and 12 hours played so far.

I have found that in some cases it adds the new armor/gear/weapon/mod number to the existing number with the current armor/gear/weapon/mod that is equipped thus being completely inaccurate when you actually equip the new piece.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I watched a YouTube video last night that recommended leveling up 4 characters to max in this game. That seems insane to me, it's probably gonna take me 30 hours to get 1 character to max, maybe I'll level 2.

Did they say why? Other than for the extra inventory space, I don't see a reason.

http://nyanpass.com/

This game is so good, I am progressively getting better but I am getting no good gear atm dropping. So having to save up PC and craft is wearing me down a bit haha! I will prevail though!

I cleaned all mission in the map. Still 13 collectibles missing and they are not appearing on the map.

Also, 4 Echo not registering as seen.

HELP ?

The best part of this game is that grinding is fun, like going with a few friends and killing elites and names in dz is more fun then grinding mobs in wow or such, closer to diablo type games i guess but better game play. I prefer grinding to running missions.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The best part of this game is that grinding is fun, like going with a few friends and killing elites and names in dz is more fun then grinding mobs in wow or such, closer to diablo type games i guess but better game play. I prefer grinding to running missions.
I dunno, in Diablo 3 you see legendaries and set items drop every time. I personally have yet to see a yellow drop in my time farming Lexington or in the DZ.

Arrrammis

A tip for anyone using matchmaking to run CM, but is worried about being kicked: Set your group status to "open" instead of hitting matchmaking. Someone will randomly join your group, and you'll be the leader. Then, queue up for matchmaking, and no matter who joins, you'll be in charge. You can kick afk's and people who are way too low level for the mission, and you won't have to worry about being kicked during the final fight. Use this power wisely!

I dunno, in Diablo 3 you see legendaries and set items drop every time. I personally have yet to see a yellow drop in my time farming Lexington or in the DZ.

Yea sorry I havent seen any yellow either in 20+ hours of farming, but it is still fun. Diablo 3, i havent played since launch and yea there is a chance to get legendaries but they are probably pretty bad. Like in diablo 2 / Path of exile, you get a fair ammount of uniques, however most of them are worth very little or are only good for specific builds. You rarely get a great or amazing item.

A tip for anyone using matchmaking to run CM, but is worried about being kicked: Set your group status to "open" instead of hitting matchmaking. Someone will randomly join your group, and you'll be the leader. Then, queue up for matchmaking, and no matter who joins, you'll be in charge. You can kick afk's and people who are way too low level for the mission, and you won't have to worry about being kicked during the final fight. Use this power wisely!

Great info. Ty

Sounds like a great way to get burnt out even quicker. I have a level 14 that I use for Dark Zone fun but that's about it.

Kemal86

I cleaned all mission in the map. Still 13 collectibles missing and they are not appearing on the map.

Also, 4 Echo not registering as seen.

HELP ?

Check your Intel list, you should actually have the busted Echos. The bug is that the map markers aren't clearing, not that the Echos aren't registering as collected.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Farmer's delight. Each char can farm 80 PC a day from daily and challenges.

Or you could just run the same CM 3 times and get 90 PC. People who make alts probably don't understand this part.

He says that in his video, if you can't group up for CM, one way to farm is to use multiple characters to farm the hard dailies. His other point, and really the most valid reason for leveling alts, is that you'll probably be able to farm the incursions only once per week. So, 4 characters gives you 4 clears per week instead of 1.

He says that in his video, if you can't group up for CM, one way to farm is to use multiple characters to farm the hard dailies. His other point, and really the most valid reason for leveling alts, is that you'll probably be able to farm the incursions only once per week. So, 4 characters gives you 4 clears per week instead of 1.

If incursions will have a weekly lockout, then what's left for the end game? Farm the same 5-6 challenge modes and go to dark zone? I don't think so..

commish

If incursions will have a weekly lockout, then what's left for the end game? Farm the same 5-6 challenge modes and go to dark zone? I don't think so..

That's not much different than if you could farm incursions, really. Still an extremely limited end game.

Incursions are the end game as fas as I know without counting the mini events that will pop up ocasionally before the DLC content arrives with survival mode and new raids

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yea sorry I havent seen any yellow either in 20+ hours of farming, but it is still fun. Diablo 3, i havent played since launch and yea there is a chance to get legendaries but they are probably pretty bad. Like in diablo 2 / Path of exile, you get a fair ammount of uniques, however most of them are worth very little or are only good for specific builds. You rarely get a great or amazing item.
Even if the gear isn't great, there's an fun feeling that you get when you just see super rare loot drop every few minutes. At this point, I don't even look at the purples anymore since I know that I have to replace all those with yellows eventually.

Farmer's delight. Each char can farm 80 PC a day from daily and challenges.

Or you could just run the same CM 3 times and get 90 PC. People who make alts probably don't understand this part.
I almost wonder if they are going to nerf Lexington hard in the next patch.

I hope Incursions aren't once a week. That's basically what killed Destiny because players would just finish everything on Tuesday and stopped playing it because there was nothing else to do.

If they are smart, they'd let you farm it as much as you want. The loot pool is large enough that it would be impossible to get an optimal set of gear quickly anyway.

void666

Banned
I wish weather types would last longer. Also it would be nice to have an option to set tod/weather along with difficulty when replaying a mission.

commish

I hope Incursions aren't once a week. That's basically what killed Destiny because players would just finish everything on Tuesday and stopped playing it because there was nothing else to do.

If they are smart, they'd let you farm it as much as you want. The loot pool is large enough that it would be impossible to get an optimal set of gear quickly anyway.

I wouldn't say that's what "killed" Destiny. What killed Destiny was no new content after the latest expansion last year.

The problem with letting people farm as much as they want is that some folks will get all they want within the first week and, with no carrot to chase, will quit.

k1t4j

So guys the DZ chests that require lv30 rank give the same shit as the normal DZ chests with no requirements?

Is this this because of the my Bracket 1 - 14

Is it a bug?

Massive pliz?

I wouldn't say that's what "killed" Destiny. What killed Destiny was no new content after the latest expansion last year.

The problem with letting people farm as much as they want is that some folks will get all they want within the first week and, with no carrot to chase, will quit.

Yup, the same is happening with the Division, you can farm stuff pretty easy and fast if you really want to farm it. I am not sure if you can pass gear to your alts or share the PC in all your chars, if thats true the game would be boring fast between DLCs

I'm married....so nah. Think I'm just going to stick with one character. lol.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

The only advantage to having an alt is DZ without the fear of losing your main's rank. But that's a tiny advantage, so alts are nearly worthless.

Incursions are the end game as fas as I know without counting the mini events that will pop up ocasionally before the DLC content arrives with survival mode and new raids

What raids? There are no raids. People are confusing incursion with raids.

I almost wonder if they are going to nerf Lexington hard in the next patch.

I doubt they will nerf CM farming anymore than they already did. It's a loot game after all and no one would play anymore if they keep on nerfing the chances and avenues of grinding for loot, crafting mats and high-end currency.

I mean there are two frikin cosmetic jackets in the DZ safe house that cost 321 PC each!

PC credits to buy blueprints and doing daily stuff + dark zone for crafting mats is the end game for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom