• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yup, the same is happening with the Division, you can farm stuff pretty easy and fast if you really want to farm it. I am not sure if you can pass gear to your alts or share the PC in all your chars, if thats true the game would be boring fast between DLCs

You can indeed share gear and currency (including PXC) with your alts.

The only advantage to having an alt is DZ without the fear of losing your main's rank. But that's a tiny advantage, so alts are nearly worthless.

Only reason to make an alt is to boost the 20 rogue kills trophy without losing rank.

CAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO GO ROGUE!

Hope they address this sooner than later.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wouldn't say that's what "killed" Destiny. What killed Destiny was no new content after the latest expansion last year.

The problem with letting people farm as much as they want is that some folks will get all they want within the first week and, with no carrot to chase, will quit.
Well it's like Diablo 3. Once you complete a full set, it doesn't mean you're done. You then have to optimize, which typically means you want all your gear to have Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage, which even with recalibration, won't be easy to get. And even if you get that on all your gear, maybe they are not capped.

Unlike in Destiny where there wasn't much incentive to tailoring your gear, the very fact that there are so many attributes attached to the Division's gear means that even if you play for hundreds of hours, you will probably never have the "perfect" build.

What raids? There are no raids. People are confusing incursion with raids.

I doubt they will nerf CM farming anymore than they already did. It's a loot game after all and no one would play anymore if they keep on nerfing the chances and avenues of grinding for loot, crafting mats and high-end currency.

I mean there are two frikin cosmetic jackets in the DZ safe house that cost 321 PC each!

PC credits to buy blueprints and doing daily stuff + dark zone for crafting mats is the end game for now.

Oh, more like the rifts in Diablo III, thats cool I guess. gearing up to get more gear just need a reason of why I need that gear

You can indeed share gear and currency (including PXC) with your alts.

Welp....there goes the game longevity for dedicated players if ubi takes its time to release the content

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Only reason to make an alt is to boost the 20 rogue kills trophy without losing rank.

CAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO GO ROGUE!

Hope they address this sooner than later.

The DarkZone update is slated for May. I expect a patch/update to address the rogue penalties before than.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well it's like Diablo 3. Once you complete a full set, it doesn't mean you're done. You then have to optimize, which typically means you want all your gear to have Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage, which even with recalibration, won't be easy to get. And even if you get that on all your gear, maybe they are not capped.

Unlike in Destiny where there wasn't much incentive to tailoring your gear, the very fact that there are so many attributes attached to the Division's gear means that even if you play for hundreds of hours, you will probably never have the "perfect" build.

D3 is not a good comparison, because D3 always had scaling content that was hard as F*** so you had a reason to desire stronger and better gear. So far, Division does not have that, but I would LOVE for it to copy D3's end game. I think D3 is the best game at showing how to take a good game and then, though some love of the developers, turn it into something amazing. I'm hoping Division follows a similar path. I know I'm in it for the first expansion or two at the very least, so we'll see.

EL CUCO

What raids? There are no raids. People are confusing incursion with raids.
in·cur·sion
noun
-an invasion or attack, especially a sudden or brief one.

"incursions into enemy territory"

synonyms: attack on, assault on, raid on, invasion of, storming of, overrunning of, foray into, blitz on, sortie into, sally into/against, advance on/into, push into, thrust into, infiltration.
Maybe not to the scale of a WoW or Destiny Raid...well if Crotas End is considered a "Raid" we can probably call Incursions a Raid :p

I watched a YouTube video last night that recommended leveling up 4 characters to max in this game. That seems insane to me, it's probably gonna take me 30 hours to get 1 character to max, maybe I'll level 2.

Seems like the only people able to do that will be streamer/youtubers.

Any of you guys leveling alts yet?

Nope and I have no plans to do so.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
D3 is not a good comparison, because D3 always had scaling content that was hard as F*** so you had a reason to desire stronger and better gear. So far, Division does not have that, but I would LOVE for it to copy D3's end game. I think D3 is the best game at showing how to take a good game and then, though some love of the developers, turn it into something amazing. I'm hoping Division follows a similar path. I know I'm in it for the first expansion or two at the very least, so we'll see.
I don't know what Incursions are, but it would be neat if they were just infinitely scaling and would always be "hard" regardless of your gear level. Playing the latest season of D3 was kind of a revelation in terms of why loot games work.

Maximus.

Beat the main missions and now getting into dailies and the dark zone. Already got 2 yellows, one random drop and one a reward for a challenging daily. I had a lot of fun and have put in maybe 50 hours so far, but getting burnt out now. The end game doesn't seem too appealing and like many gear focused games, the end game does not seem to warrant this hunt for the best gear.

The game is great for coop, but I could not imagine to play this game solo, ever. I feel the game did a pretty good job rewarding me and my friends as we progressed with gear, but once I realized what the end game entailed, I just lost a ton of interest because it feels like I will not care for the game in a short period of time.

noomi

Going for the daily challenge, could use teo more if anyone is interested.

*edit*

Randoms it is then.

Deku Tree

Farmer's delight. Each char can farm 80 PC a day from daily and challenges.

Or you could just run the same CM 3 times and get 90 PC. People who make alts probably don't understand this part.

Some people also may find Challenge mode to be Challenging especially with randoms and when they are under geared.

Granadier

Stat tracker doesn't work in the OP?

?? It's working

zVJW2gN.png

TimFL

Special Gear Vendor stays open until Friday. Different union or something.

Wait does that mean I have until friday to farm PC for the high end Vector? I only have 30PC and just hit level 30 a few hours ago (all but primary/secondary weapon is ~mediocre purple thanks to the last mission and a quick/lucky DZ run).

I have like ~35k DPS (~50k HP and ~5kish Elec) so I am far from being able to farm challenge mode I guess. Did one of the hard quests at level 25 (with randoms) and died pretty often (it was that times square mission, damn a lot of rushing waves and grenades). I barely go random for hard content (in any game) because I always get anxiety/feel conflicted about dragging my team down. I want my team mates to have fun and not cringe/get annoyed at me most dying or doing something wrong.

fuzzyset

Man, I'm a smidge from level 28, I kinda wanna leave work (grad student, woo free schedule!) and hit 29 so I can get the M1A. I have the level 27 version. I didn't realize level 30 M1As were so rare. It's by far my favorite weapon. Been rocking one since level 5.

Granadier

Ah it must not be working on mobile then. Just brings me to the image haha

If you switch back to the OP tab on your mobile browser it will be on the tracker website.
For some reason GAF opens the images into a new tab if they are used for links.

If you switch back to the OP tab on your mobile browser it will be on the tracker website.
For some reason GAF opens the images into a new tab if they are used for links.
Mine is automatically mobile and I'd have to switch to Web based so everything needs to be zoomed in, I think.

I found another work around. Hold finger on it and open in new window/tab and that works. Woot.

Portman

Have been playing it and having a great time. Love the way the shooting feels now that I've adjusted to it (and I hate when I find a new auto rifle since I prefer the single shot but better DPS is better DPS).

I'm just trying to not worry about being "low" level. I'm around lvl 21-22 with about 20 hours in the game and have been working my way through it slowly. Didn't want to get away from my friends but they said not to worry and keep going at my own pace. I had inquired about groups in the LFG channel over the weekend but it seems like most of the people on GAF are 30 and in the Dark Zone based on the chatter in there and the thread discussion. I'm not missing out on anything by taking my time to work up to max level am I? Hopefully I can get to 30 in another week or two and find some fellow GAF agents to try out the Dark Zone with.

Other than feeling like I'm moving slow I'm loving the game. The music and atmosphere is great in my opinion. I need to buy the music and can't wait for the artbook to show up. There is a part of me that wants to gripe about the amount of story content in the game but then I realize that I'm 20 hours in and haven't put a dent in the 2nd half of the map. Plus I have to remind myself that more content will (hopefully) be coming since I got the Gold edition of the game.

arhra

Wait does that mean I have until friday to farm PC for the high end Vector? I only have 30PC and just hit level 30 a few hours ago (all but primary/secondary weapon is ~mediocre purple thanks to the last mission and a quick/lucky DZ run).

I have like ~35k DPS (~50k HP and ~5kish Elec) so I am far from being able to farm challenge mode I guess. Did one of the hard quests at level 25 (with randoms) and died pretty often (it was that times square mission, damn a lot of rushing waves and grenades). I barely go random for hard content (in any game) because I always get anxiety/feel conflicted about dragging my team down. I want my team mates to have fun and not cringe/get annoyed at me most dying or doing something wrong.

Running the last story mission (moving up to hard mode as soon as doing so won't slow you down too considerably) is probably the best way to gear up. That place just rains purples (and on hard mode even drops a few phoenix credits from the named bosses).

And don't forget to check the safehouse vendors for anything good, and finish up the side missions for blueprints (clearing Midtown East rewards a blueprint for a level 30 purple LVOA-C - with that and the gear I've gotten from the last mission and a few hardmode dailies, I'm up to ~82k dps/50k HP/15k skill power).

fuzzyset

Have been playing it and having a great time. Love the way the shooting feels now that I've adjusted to it (and I hate when I find a new auto rifle since I prefer the single shot but better DPS is better DPS).

I wouldn't worry too much about raw DPS. On PC, I can basically get every shot to be a headshot which means the auto-calc'd number is worthless to me (lower RPM, but higher damage + talents (the 50% headshot free bullet talent is amazing!!)). I find the stability on some of the Assault Rifles causes so many wasted bullets.

TimFL

Running the last story mission (moving up to hard mode as soon as doing so won't slow you down too considerably) is probably the best way to gear up. That place just rains purples (and on hard mode even drops a few phoenix credits from the named bosses).

And don't forget to check the safehouse vendors for anything good, and finish up the side missions for blueprints (clearing Midtown East rewards a blueprint for a level 30 purple LVOA-C - with that and the gear I've gotten from the last mission and a few hardmode dailies, I'm up to ~82k dps/50k HP/15k skill power).

I probably have that blueprint then (my OCD requires me to clear all quests/encounters, I think only the last zone is left). Will have to check out all of my blueprints, thanks!

I just hope the special vendor adds a nice high end ACR blueprint/gun some time. The green ACR I had in early levels was by far my favorite gun in terms of look and feel. I despise my current AK47 but it has 5k more dps than everything else I have to offer so...
Don't think I can afford the guns that sell for credits though, I pretty much dismantled every single item instead of selling them. I have around 120k credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom