• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Random question. I always see lots of my friends running the "Times Square Power Relay" mission on hard. Does the boss drop a special item I'm missing?

Hung Wei Lo

Anyone else having trouble getting in? I'm getting a MIKE 20250383 error (Your account is temporarily unavailable..." .am I being punished?!?!

Mik2121

I had a weird thing happen, I was farming Bullet King, and randomly I walked outside and the city looked like this:

It went back to normal after 2-3 seconds, but it still threw me for a loop.

Seems like some issue with realtime generated cubemaps for reflective surfaces. It happens in multiple places like near that green neon gas station on the west side of the city.

Pretty much done with division until DZ is fixed or next month's update, whichever comes first.

Reached 51 DZ yesterday (to get a buffer), bought blueprints and whatnot and now have a full set of High End Gear and gun mods. I really just need high end gear mods now.

I'll just be running the dailies, most likely skipping the challenge unless it's Lincoln tunnel or Lexington.

Nothing else to do really :/ had a solid 77 hours though and can't wait for fixes and more content!

squidyj

Do the one south of the Meat Locker. Instead of dying, shoot him from the west side of the street, run into the Chelsea zone, back to him and he will respawn

Plenty fast.

Also protip: dont pick up the PC/loot everytime, it just slows you down. They wont disappear unless you get disconnected. I grab em every 10 or so.

it's got like 30 seconds of running, I haven't done enough runs to test on this one but it seems comparable to erskine near hell's kitchen and that's like 60% longer than the BK run in my tests, which is a pretty massive loss in farming efficiency.

Jblanks

I had a weird thing happen, I was farming Bullet King, and randomly I walked outside and the city looked like this:

It went back to normal after 2-3 seconds, but it still threw me for a loop.

That's happened so many times to me, always when I'm leaving a safe room or building.

shermas

Something must be up with the game, right? Autumn's Hope has been jammed all day and now I'm the only one hanging out in the safe house? Can't be right...

Finished finally getting ll three bad wings to 100%. I really dislike those virus research missions.

I've been enjoying the game but man it is too buggy by half and the end-game options do not seem very well thought out.

The dark zone just feels made for griefing and that's not fun to me, either to do, or be subject to. I don't want to lose a crap-ton of my progress because somebody decides it was time for shenanigans.

The idea of a rogue agent could be very cool but it could be a lot more than just a temporary switch in the DZ. How about some lasting responsibility if one chooses to go rogue? Some branching story elements? Etc.

The different factions are also very cardboard-- they could have done more with them, particularly if players could make choices regarding them beyond which weapon to shoot them with.

As it is, it takes so long to get places, often I don't want to shoot them at all and I wish there was a way to avoid engagements beyond running fast and away.

JJD

If Massive really wants to make the DZ interesting, and going rogue profitable they should make players drop some PC when rogues kill then, besides the usual DZ money and chest keys.

If they really want to make things tense, make it possible for players to see when someone is carrying contaminated HE loot. Like change the color of the biohazard loot bag.

Iceman829

Time to call it an evening. My best Cad that dropped (5) had dmg of 8949. Lowest was 8155. I'm sitting on 601 pcreds. Purchased the vector, pakhan, all the weapon mods, all the performance mods, a backpack and a mask. I'm happy with my weekend of loot grinding. I have more crafting materials than I know what to do with right now.

Should this be patched tomorrow it's been fun. If night I'll be on that drive thru line one more time..

Anyone wondering how rare materials are should always breakdown guns and not sell them. Crafting resources from a weekend at BK

yellow: 71/ 54/ 34/ 21
blue: 623/ 155/ 350/ 438

breakdown those guns at all cost!

Kadin

Game freezing during daily matchmaking is becoming a regular occurrence on X1. Every day it happens at least once it seems.

Absolutely love this game but between this, the incredibly buggy UI, and the constant disconnect issues, I can't think of many games more riddled with issues at launch. Hope they get this stuff squashed asap because it's starting to really become annoying.

Have they said anything officially about when and what they're doing to fix all this stuff?

Razgreez

If Massive really wants to make the DZ interesting, and going rogue profitable they should make players drop some PC when rogues kill then, besides the usual DZ money and chest keys.

If they really want to make things tense, make it possible for players to see when someone is carrying contaminated HE loot. Like change the color of the biohazard loot bag.

Were the changes you've requested made then rogue players would simply camp extraction areas. Bad ideas all around

JJD

We're the changes you've requested made then rogue players would simply camp extraction areas. Bad ideas all around

And you would just let then kill you?

Rogues camping anywhere would just make the manhunt easier, specially on areas with a high traffic of players.

They should obviously drop any PC that they got from the kills if defeated.

SlickVic

Man, the trendy slim jeans look pretty ace. It's probably crazy of me, but I have to say that picking up cosmetic loot drops are probably my favorite moments of the game.

golem

it's got like 30 seconds of running, I haven't done enough runs to test on this one but it seems comparable to erskine near hell's kitchen and that's like 60% longer than the BK run in my tests, which is a pretty massive loss in farming efficiency.

Dude doesnt have bk and cant find someone to give it to him.

Razgreez

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but are 'agent' labeled gear the best? (E.g. 'agent', 'assault', 'shooter' etc.)

I ask because I picked up a superior 'agent' holster and it's miles better than any other hostler I've ever had

Also... I'm back in

There should only be a huge penalty if you go manhunt. Going Rogue and killing a couple people and dying shouldn't make you lose 1-2 hours worth of progress.

Also, credits and dz credits are basically worthless. I finally just used regular credits on a gun for fun. Dz credits, haven't spent a penny. You should be able to buy he stuff with them. I have 1 million credits and half a million dz credits.

Tecnniqe

Banned
There should only be a huge penalty if you go manhunt. Going Rogue and killing a couple people and dying shouldn't make you lose 1-2 hours worth of progress.

Also, credits and dz credits are basically worthless. I finally just used regular credits on a gun for fun. Dz credits, haven't spent a penny. You should be able to buy he stuff with them. I have 1 million credits and half a million dz credits.
Bought the ilvl 30 dz prints and mods for mats and still like 500k left :(
As for credits it's in the millions

Jblanks

Can't believe they screwed up such a big portion of the game; especially the DZ credits, literally no point to them right now.. They need to add stuff/fix the dark zone quick, lots of people are already losing interest including one of my friends, and I'm getting there also. DZ is amazing, but again needs lots of changes.

won't the BK trick also work on mission bosses? like killing the boss first then wiping

The key here is instance swap, not the wipe. You don't have to be wiped to reset the open world boss, switching the instance work as well (go to a safe house, go to another zone, etc). If you're wiped in a mission, you'll still be in the same instance, hence no reset.

deim0s

Haven't reached level 30 in DZ (lvl 28), but what happens to your DZ30 gear when you get dumbed down from 30? unusable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom