• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosma

Banned
Made it to level 17 no (18 hours played), game is addicting for sure with high production values.

+graphics
+music
+gunplay
+loot
+teamplay
+matchmaking

-Typical ubisoft collectathon
-Enemy variety
-Story
-Mission variety
-No "omg" setpieces

LiK

I'm bummed there were so few story missions. They were fun especially in a group even with randoms. Wish they put more time into that instead of the insane amount of collectibles like in every Ubi game.

Kadin

And now the gate won't open to start Napalm, even though all 4 of us are stood right there
There's some weird issues with joining groups to do story missions. I was ported into one where I was the leader and I don't know what was up but it would not start. And it wasn't something I did (or didn't) do because suddenly it started working after about 4 mins of us all just standing there at the beginning after having run in and back out.

Leyasu

Banned
I'm bummed there were so few story missions. They were fun especially in a group even with randoms. Wish they put more time into that instead of the insane amount of collectibles like in every Ubi game.

The main missions were really good. They have a lot of replay value, and massive could easily work them into some other scenarios.

Kosma

Banned

Yeah I like those in groups, but even these could have gotten a bit more OOMPH imho, have some building collapse or something, have something unique happen, or something unique to do, I dunno, some cutscene, anything.

It all feels just as barren as Destiny.

The normal missions are just very repetitive:
-Hostage situation
-Weapon deal
-Radio uplink
-Assist JTF officer
-Bounty
-Find missing person

Is that it?

LiK

The main missions were really good. They have a lot of replay value, and massive could easily work them into some other scenarios.

Hopefully they add more stuff like that in the expansions.

Yeah I like those in groups, but even these could have gotten a bit more OOMPH imho, have some building collapse or something, I dunno, some cutscene, anything.

Yea, but I can't really blame them with the whole online thing. Maybe it's too much for the engine.

Kadin

Yeah I like those in groups, but even these could have gotten a bit more OOMPH imho, have some building collapse or something, have something unique happen, or something unique to do, I dunno, some cutscene, anything.

-Hostage situation
-Weapon deal
-Radio uplink
-Assist JTF officer
-Bounty
-Find missing person

Is that it?
You forgot the most annoying one... 'find the 3 Virus scan terminals' or whatever those are called. And they're awful.

LiK

You forgot the most annoying one... 'find the 3 Virus scan terminals' or whatever those are called. And they're awful.

Ugh, yes, those would be better without some dumb timer. There's one I haven't completed cuz it seems like the machines aren't laid out in a linear way and the timer is 5 minutes long so I guess I might use a guide for that one.

Couldn't do Napalm cos Im just falling through the world every time. Haven't had any of this shit before this morning

Did you close and restart the game like I suggested or are you just reloading the mission?

FeD.nL

I think those are the best. Love to see which depressing places they have me activate those scanners in. Thought the one in a school was the most depressing.

Kadin

Ugh, yes, those would be better without some dumb timer. There's one I haven't completed cuz it seems like the machines aren't laid out in a linear way and the timer is 5 minutes long so I guess I might use a guide for that one.
What I've done with some is basically ran the area first to get an idea where they were before starting. It's kinda hit and miss because it does waste more time but some structures just look like a chore to find them in. The one with like 15+ different rooms in it and I think 3 (or 4) levels with a 15min timer comes to mind. It was located in one of the south east areas... ugh

I think those are the best. Love to see which depressing places they have me activate those scanners in. Thought the one in a school was the most depressing.

The time limit goes against environmental storytelling though, most of those missions I'm just running around like a headless chicken instead of taking everything in. They should have only had the time limit for getting to the roof and uploading the data.

LiK

What I've done with some is basically ran the area first to get an idea where they were before starting. It's kinda hit and miss because it does waste more time but some structures just look like a chore to find them in. The one with like 15+ different rooms in it and I think 3 (or 4) levels with a 15min timer comes to mind. It was located in one of the south east areas... ugh

You gotta be shitting me. I will totally use a guide for that one.

The time limit goes against environmental storytelling though, most of those missions I'm just running around like a headless chicken instead of taking everything in. They should have only had the time limit for getting to the roof and uploading the data.

Yea, I agree. They should let us soak in the atmosphere and only start the timer for the upload. Makes no sense to start it right away. It takes away from examining the locations. I guess they assume people would explore first and do the minigame later?

TheYanger

This was by far the worst for me. Hated these.

Those are by far my favorite sidequests, virus research. Different strokes for different folks. I like the change of pace with no combat and the slight puzzle aspect with an emphasis on environmental pattern recognition both those and comm relay missions supplied.

LiK

Those are by far my favorite sidequests, virus research. Different strokes for different folks. I like the change of pace with no combat and the slight puzzle aspect with an emphasis on environmental pattern recognition both those and comm relay missions supplied.

The comm relay ones were basically similar to the rooftop hack sidequests in Watch Dogs which was cool. Kinda wish Division had some diversionary side stuff like card games etc like in WD. Seems odd they don't even have that for a game with other players in the safe houses.

This game just looks amazing. Such a joy to look at.

W5Li9D3.jpg

70qNR7Y.jpg

M1LgOIz.jpg

5apTw3X.jpg

RedRum

Banned

The goddamn parking garage one ruined it for me man. RUINED IT.

RedRum

Banned
Are you talking about the one where one of the machines was in the basement as well? That took me a few retries.

Yeah. Finding that one wasn't bad, but there was one on one of the floors that I literally could not find. Took me about five frustrated times.

If my friend is just doing side missions and encounters at level 30, can i jump in with an alt(level 4 for example) and get power levelled at all? Also do those completed encounters and side missions count for me too?

Leyasu

Banned
If my friend is just doing side missions and encounters at level 30, can i jump in with an alt(level 4 for example) and get power levelled at all? Also do those completed encounters and side missions count for me too?
You can. My mate power leveled an alt to lvl 16 in a couple of hours.

I don't think that they do. Because I have done missions with others that were still available in my game afterwards.

valkyre

the missing person side quests are really great tho. I also think that sidequest material is very poor, but the missing person quests were my favorite, since they told a mini story of what happened.

pringles

-Hostage situation
-Weapon deal
-Radio uplink
-Assist JTF officer
-Bounty
-Find missing person

Is that it?
The non-combat sidemissions are decent as diversions, but the others are just way too easy imo. The combat in this game is so much better when you're challenged, but in all those missions I just end up running towards enemies with my shotgun to get through them as fast as possble. The game is lacking something more 'dynamic' happening to change things up. Non-scripted events, such as supply drops where you need to defend a location against hordes of increasingly difficult enemies for example and get rewarded with loot crates.
The bosses walking around the map are a bit half-assed imo. Why not have them occupy some strongholds? Why not have some kind of "most wanted" list in BoO, seeing the general location of the named enemies and their difficulty and rewards for killing them?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

When you really peel it all back, its still the same checking the boxes design that they usually do. Just minus us climbing towers to open up the map...

Still they at least got the whole loot fiend thing going on which is what seems to be keeping folks occupied for now lol.

Leyasu

Banned
The bosses walking around the map are a bit half-assed imo. Why not have them occupy some strongholds? Why not have some kind of "most wanted" list in BoO, seeing the general location of the named enemies and their difficulty and rewards for killing them?
I like this. There is still "massive" amounts of potential and areas that could be tapped into.

SnowDrops

I don't think the timed virus scans are that bad, the time is plenty and you are able to scan the whole building while walking(!) not running around, which I did. I just walked around, soaking up the atmosphere and still hat 2minutes left of that 11minute timer there.
I have to admit the one in the parking garage was a little annoying but still doable if you scanned systematically.

I don't think the timed virus scans are that bad, the time is plenty and you are able to scan the whole building while walking(!) not running around, which I did. I just walked around, soaking up the atmosphere and still hat 2minutes left of that 11minute timer there.
I have to admit the one in the parking garage was a little annoying but still doable if you scanned systematically.
A lot of the virus scan missions take you to places to loot more apartments so I'm all for that cosmetic gain haha

noomi

Good Morning everyone :)

So I'm just 2 pieces short of HE armor to be pretty much exactly where I want. I feel like my stats are pretty well balanced and work for me in the End Game. At least there is daily challenge missions to look forward to :D

LordRaiden

Neo Member
It is loads of fun. The only pvp so far is dark zone.

Ok cool, I want to shed my CoD past and start with something totally different. The only thing holding me back, is performance.

I watched some vids featuring my GPU and performance ranges from ok to 60fps Ultra....

I can always refund the bastard if my rig doesn't run it well....

Leyasu

Banned
Good Morning everyone :)

So I'm just 2 pieces short of HE armor to be pretty much exactly where I want. I feel like my stats are pretty well balanced and work for me in the End Game. At least there is daily challenge missions to look forward to :D
So if I ran the challenge mission three times, would it give me a HE drop every time??

Also, looking for three xbox players to run some CMs this afternoon starting in an hour and 20mins..

k1t4j

In hindsight, playing this game until 3am on a Sunday was not a good idea.....

That dark zone though, at the 20-24 bracket there's so much more rogue action.

And I found a pretty good combo, weapon wise, an M60 + AUG. Using the Healing skill with + Damage - the sticky with chance to cause bleed and the damage reduction ultimate.

I have around 19k dps with 25k Hp and 10k skill, I'm shredding through most things.

noomi

Does BK drop purples once I hit 30? Tried farming with my lvl 20 char several times and all I got was oh so blue.

I started getting a steady rate of purples dropping as soon as I hit level 28. That being said, BK isn't exactly an easy target to kill when you are under-leved and have low stamina.

So if I ran the challenge mission three times, would it give me a HE drop every time??

Any challenge mode mission you run will always reward you with a piece of HE gear. Many of us were farming the Lexington mission for exactly that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom