• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the ilvl 30 dz prints and mods for mats and still like 500k left :(
As for credits it's in the millions

You used dz credits on prints and mods? I might use them for mods but I only saw prints for PCs..

Can't believe they screwed up such a big portion of the game; especially the DZ credits, literally no point to them right now.. They need to add stuff/fix the dark zone quick, lots of people are already losing interest including one of my friends, and I'm getting there also. DZ is amazing, but again needs lots of changes.

Yea, credits overall needs work. I know it must be hard. But even like 100k for an he blueprint from DZ would be cool.

I don't like the idea of gold div tech needing to useas a 3rd mat to craft those prints though.

Haven't reached level 30 in DZ (lvl 28), but what happens to your DZ30 gear when you get dumbed down from 30? unusable?

Once you have the gear, you can wear it because you're of actual level 30, which is all that matters in terms of what you can or can't use.

DZ level is strictly for what you can buy. You can buy superior items when you reach dz 30. If you die and go down a level, you're just unable to buy those items again until you get back up there.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You used dz credits on prints and mods? I might use them for mods but I only saw prints for PCs..

Yea, credits overall needs work. I know it must be hard. But even like 100k for an he blueprint from DZ would be cool.

I don't like the idea of gold div tech needing to useas a 3rd mat to craft those prints though.
The lower ranked safe houses sells ilvl30 prints.
Figured I might as well get them

Lol, looked like I was about to actually get into the game and my home net went down, it was at 93 percent

Ooo, Lima error

Yay, back up quick

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but are 'agent' labeled gear the best? (E.g. 'agent', 'assault', 'shooter' etc.)

I ask because I picked up a superior 'agent' holster and it's miles better than any other hostler I've ever had

It's among the best purple gear you can get, yes. Also some other sets are level 31 too, like Spider Silk, but they're not as good IMO.

I've had the body armor, kneepad and gloves from the Agent set for ages and still haven't found anything better.

Leyasu

Banned
And you would just let then kill you?

Rogues camping anywhere would just make the manhunt easier, specially on areas with a high traffic of players.

They should obviously drop any PC that they got from the kills if defeated.

And what do you do when the rogues are sporting the best equipment and are therefore untouchable?

I don't really like the rogue element of the DZ. It's impossible to balance, and serious grinders could easily abuse it. I think that there should be two dz universes. One which is PvPvE, and the other is just PvE.

I would also like to see them put in a "DZ patrol" or something similarly named. Where you have a 4 or 6 or 8 man fireteam, you start off in dz01, and work your way through all zones culminating in dz06, where it is like the boss area. They could give us objectives to do and landmarks to clear, and perhaps make it once a week for a guaranteed 3 HE drop. With every other run during the week just PCs and what ever else you loot.

They could easily segment the city (fuse areas to have larger boroughs) and do the same thing, and use a mission area as the final boss area. I'd fucking play the shit out of those.

The PvP element to this game should be apart, and where everyone has the same stats, and all items are just cosmetic.

BLunted

Banned
Can't believe they screwed up such a big portion of the game; especially the DZ credits, literally no point to them right now.. They need to add stuff/fix the dark zone quick, lots of people are already losing interest including one of my friends, and I'm getting there also. DZ is amazing, but again needs lots of changes.

Yeah, after grinding all my gear/phoenix credits via challenges, I finally spent some time in the DZ tonight and thought "wow, this is a waste of time". Granted I am still a DZ newb, so maybe I am missing something?

Yeah, after grinding all my gear/phoenix credits via challenges, I finally spent some time in the DZ tonight and thought "wow, this is a waste of time". Granted I am still a DZ newb, so maybe I am missing something?

You're not missing anything.

Loot is shit and there's too much penalty for going rogue. I guess the higher DZs are a good challenge, but not more than challenge missions, and you'll get shittier rewards for your time.

Right now it's only interesting for level 20-29 players if they want to find purple gear easily.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Any where there is a loot chart for rarity?

I just got a Caduceus and I'm wondering if it's rare in any way or not

Frenden

Banned
I'm mostly steam rolling CMs now. Interested in some horizontal progression. Might try a Cadouche and stun/flash bomb build to lock targets.

Time to roll a lot of HE Electronics mods.

Guys, what is the fastest way to hit level 30 on the single player mode? Doing all the side missions? Repeating missions on hard difficulty? Currently sitting on level 23, but I'm bored out of my mind, and I already want to give the DZ a try. My base is sitting at 90% completion btw.

Guys, what is the fastest way to hit level 30 on the single player mode? Doing all the side missions? Repeating missions on hard difficulty? Currently sitting on level 23, but I'm bored out of my mind, and I already want to give the DZ a try. My base is sitting at 90% completion btw.
Side missions and the final story missions will normally bump you up a level.

pringles

Not sure why people are rushing to level 30 since by the sounds of it that's where the game starts getting bad. I'm something like 40 hours into it and only level 23 and level 26DZ. Having a ton of fun. When I'm solo I'm clearing out sidemissions/encounters+intel one area at a time, when playing with friends we usually do 1 or 2 main missions and then run DZ.

Wish you leveled up your main level a bit slower and that the DZ had more to offer before your DZ level is 30. Why lock the vendor for DZ level 30? Should have offered some things to buy at DZ level 10, 15, 20 etc. to continually give something to strive for. Same thing with the level 30 chests.
At this point I'm not quite seeing the reason to do anything in the DZ except going down into the subway tunnels. Tons of chests that aren't locked to level 30, and much easier to clear out without getting surrounded by enemies. And you're usually alone down there. Landmarks seem kinda shit?

DZ right now is fun but there is tons of missed potential. Why not have encounter-style events happening? Why no events like Destiny has in patrol? Even having some kind of bounty-style system would be good, something that gives you more incentive to chase down mobs or clear out landmarks.

I wish there was a good way to really check on dps. One weapon might have more dps and damage but the RPM is worse then another one that is pretty close.

Dark zone should have a mode where you clear landmarks and then hold it as long as you can from enemies. Hitting tiers for clearing waves and then other groups could try and steal the landmark from you.

oSoLucky

Finally got a Caduceus after about 500 PC worth of farming BK. Going to level up an alt to go techie. One of my friends went it today with 3200 Electronics and the bonuses they give are insane. 350 sec base cooldown on Tac Link. Thinking something along the lines of 1900/2100/2600 with skill power rolled and going healer or maybe full tech myself.

Frenden

Banned
Finally got a Caduceus after about 500 PC worth of farming BK. Going to level up an alt to go techie. One of my friends went it today with 3200 Electronics and the bonuses they give are insane. 350 sec base cooldown on Tac Link. Thinking something along the lines of 1900/2100/2600 with skill power rolled and going healer or maybe full tech myself.

I'm at that point too. Time to try new builds.

ISOM

You should have done all the missions on hard in the first place sir. But seriously, just do the side missions and finish up bringing your base to 100% in all categories.

oSoLucky

I'm at that point too. Time to try new builds.

We obliterated some CMs today carrying one person. I'm 186k/81k/15k and my other dps is 198k/65k/10k with 3 CC between us. It felt disrespectful doing some of the things we did to those missions. One friend is building tank as apparently you can control a ton of shotgunners without CCing them at all. I just wish talents and skills were more varied, but I guess it's in the name of balance.

Been trying sporadically to jump in with a friend for over three hours. I'm not sure how the server got so screwed up, but I'm really disappointed as he's not able to play much.

Got this yesterday and honestly I haven't been feeling it so far, really not enjoying the game. :c

I'm around 7 missions in, level 9 character, so hoping it gets more interesting for me. As it is I'll probably beat it and trade it in.

Got this yesterday and honestly I haven't been feeling it so far, really not enjoying the game. :c

I'm around 7 missions in, level 9 character, so hoping it gets more interesting for me. As it is I'll probably beat it and trade it in.

Honestly the game will heavily depend on what happens going forward. It feels very early access at this point with many systems and mechanics lacking. It's going to require a lot of work to get up to snuff as an ARPG or an MMO whichever route they decide to focus on.

The best way I can describe the game, especially the end game is an early alpha of a game like Diablo.

JohnCYQ

We 420 now.

PmlMdaB.jpg

Holy shit, I just joined one of my friends because he was playing the Lexington CM, and when I enter the session, he's inside the building playing the mission with like 15 fucking others players ! What the fuck is this ?

We killed the boss in like 2 minutes and are now starting again. This is so weird

Does anyone else get constant UI stat mismatches? I feel like the UI showing my DPS, health, etc at the top of the inventory screen is constantly all over the place and I have to go to this screen to see my 'real' stats.

vhNsfjb.jpg

darkwing

Holy shit, I just joined one of my friends because he was playing the Lexington CM, and when I enter the session, he's inside the building playing the mission with like 15 fucking others players ! What the fuck is this ?

We killed the boss in like 2 minutes and are now starting again. This is so weird

yup, it sometimes happens

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Does anyone else get constant UI stat mismatches? I feel like the UI showing my DPS, health, etc at the top of the inventory screen is constantly all over the place and I have to go to this screen to see my 'real' stats.

vhNsfjb.jpg

Yep. Usually logging out and back in fixes it.

ReaperXL7

I keep wondering if Massive is going to go after people that exploited The Burger King....I mean they shouldn't as players were simply utilizing an opportunity available to them due to an oversight on the their end, I'm just not sure what they are going to be able to do to fix it other then making the bosses not appear again after killing them regardless of their minions dying or not.

I understand why they have made good uniques so rare due to the low amount but that's something they are going to have to put some work into because the loot whoring is one of those things that is going to make people stick with this or move on to something else.

JJD

And what do you do when the rogues are sporting the best equipment and are therefore untouchable?

I don't really like the rogue element of the DZ. It's impossible to balance, and serious grinders could easily abuse it. I think that there should be two dz universes. One which is PvPvE, and the other is just PvE.

I would also like to see them put in a "DZ patrol" or something similarly named. Where you have a 4 or 6 or 8 man fireteam, you start off in dz01, and work your way through all zones culminating in dz06, where it is like the boss area. They could give us objectives to do and landmarks to clear, and perhaps make it once a week for a guaranteed 3 HE drop. With every other run during the week just PCs and what ever else you loot.

They could easily segment the city (fuse areas to have larger boroughs) and do the same thing, and use a mission area as the final boss area. I'd fucking play the shit out of those.

The PvP element to this game should be apart, and where everyone has the same stats, and all items are just cosmetic.

Hide? Run? Look out for another landing site? The DZ is big, there are plenty of places you could go. These are tense and fun situations and make the DZ more engaging. I was chased by a team of rogues stronger than me once and I baited then into a fight with NPCs and picked one by one from a distance with my HE sniper rifle. I've been killed by rogue groups many times too. It's part of the game. I really don't understand getting pissed about that. One thing I do understand is getting pissed at turning rogue unintentionally, it sucks.

Your chance of finding a rogue sporting the very best equipment is the same of the rogue finding a regular agent with the best equipment too. Actually I'd say the chance of the rogue finding a better equipped agent is probably higher since most people on a server are usually not going rogue, and they will probably go after him as soon as he turns. One of the best things about the DZ is precisely that you don't know who you are engaging until you start the fight.

Personally I really like the DZ and the rogue mechanics. I just wish it was better balanced so the cons of going rogue were less punishing.

To be honest, before I got the game I was thinking of completely ignore the PvP element, I thought I would lose gear and guns I owned but the extraction mechanic makes all that almost a non issue. It's just fun and if you get killed by a rogue you probably won't lose much. If you happen to lose a HE item...well it will just make the next time you find one much more tense and exciting.

I'm not saying my suggestions are the way to go to fix the DZ and rogue mechanics, I was just thinking out loud, the only thing we know for sure is that something must be done.

Also people arguing about eliminating gear bonuses and making everything even on PvP are thinking with the mentality of competitive games, and that's not the objective of the division.

Should the Souls series make invading phantoms stats the same as the one they are invading? Just because the game has a PvP element, doesn't mean it has to be skill based. There are plenty of games to play if you're looking for that.

And even if you are under equipped compared to someone, unless the difference is gigantic you can still take then out if you're considerably more skilled.

LiK

I think I'll keep playing until I'm 30 and max out the base. Might try Dark Zone a few times with you guys before I take a break until next expansion. Need to play other games lol

AlanOC91

Noob question guys but how do I craft? I'm level 6 and have two blueprints so far with no idea on how to use it.

Also with regards to skills, how do I move down to the second tier of skills? I swear I looked for requirements on the skill page for 5 minutes and couldn't see anything.

Noob question guys but how do I craft? I'm level 6 and have two blueprints so far with no idea on how to use it.

Also with regards to skills, how do I move down to the second tier of skills? I swear I looked for requirements on the skill page for 5 minutes and couldn't see anything.
You have to unlock the crafting station via a tech wing upgrade.

IMO it's not worth crafting at that level. You will always find better weapons but that's just me :p

Leyasu

Banned
Hide? Run? Look out for another landing site? The DZ is big, there are plenty of places you could go. These are tense and fun situations and make the DZ more engaging. I was chased by a team of rogues stronger than me once and I baited then into a fight with NPCs and picked one by one from a distance with my HE sniper rifle. I've been killed by rogue groups many times too. It's part of the game. I really don't understand getting pissed about that. One thing I do understand is getting pissed at turning rogue unintentionally, it sucks.

Your chance of finding a rogue sporting the very best equipment is the same of the rogue finding a regular agent with the best equipment too. Actually I'd say the chance of the rogue finding a better equipped agent is probably higher since most people on a server are usually not going rogue, and they will probably go after him as soon as he turns. One of the best things about the DZ is precisely that you don't know who you are engaging until you start the fight.

Personally I really like the DZ and the rogue mechanics. I just wish it was better balanced so the cons of going rogue were less punishing.

To be honest, before I got the game I was thinking of completely ignore the PvP element, I thought I would lose gear and guns I owned but the extraction mechanic makes all that almost a non issue. It's just fun and if you get killed by a rogue you probably won't lose much. If you happen to lose a HE item...well it will just make the next time you find one much more tense and exciting.

I'm not saying my suggestions are the way to go to fix the DZ and rogue mechanics, I was just thinking out loud, the only thing we know for sure is that something must be done.

Also people arguing about eliminating gear bonuses and making everything even on PvP are thinking with the mentality of competitive games, and that's not the objective of the division.

Should the Souls series make invading phantoms stats the same as the one they are invading? Just because the game has a PvP element, doesn't mean it has to be skill based. There are plenty of games to play if you're looking for that.

And even if you are under equipped compared to someone, unless the difference is gigantic you can still take then out if you're considerably more skilled.

I've never played souls. But you're not wrong and I not right. The DZ has lots of potential

erawsd

So is there any value in running a tank build? Ive never seen anyone using it but I got a nice handgun and was thinking about giving it a go.

Leyasu

Banned
I still feel so weak in challenge missions.
I have 10k less dps but 10k more skill, and I sort of held my own last night on the Lincoln tunnel.

So, any xbox players want to do a challenge from 13:30 CET or 12:30 UK time today?? I'm also around all day tomorrow.

I want to loot the challenges this week.
GT: Van Winkel x

Liamario

Banned
I'm starting to find the game to be a little repetitive at this point. DZ is a lot of fun, but ultimately I feel like I'm playing the same missions over and over again. The basic combat itself also feels very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom