• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

Dead

well not really...yet
Talking with a lot of my friends who are casual gamers, and this game seems to have a lot of hype with all of them. Usually don't see the kind of excitement for one game from all of them.

Mew2

Neo Member
I'm stuck in Afghanistan and can't have many games sent to me....

Do you guys recommend this game to purchase and get sent out here? I do not want to beat it in a week and wish I got HoTS sent out here XD

antitrop

I'm stuck in Afghanistan and can't have many games sent to me....

Do you guys recommend this game to purchase and get sent out here? I do not want to beat it in a week and wish I got HoTS sent out here XD
It's only about 10 hours or so, with apparently not much replay value.

Andrew.

Banned
We need to form MP teams of the Haters VS Lovers. It would be fun as hell (fuck, theres that word again)

If anything, to satisfy those trophy/cheevo needs. And we all know, even the haters of the hate, love them some trophy whoring.

MWHAHAHAHA! No one can resist her now! All hail queen Lara!

ibhIaCk6TY5Yhd.gif

Lara, Camilla, and the game are featured very prominently in the new Entertainment Weekly. Good to see the game getting a lot of love.

Lara, Camilla, and the game are featured very prominently in the new Entertainment Weekly. Good to see the game getting a lot of love.

This game is going to sell a fuck ton of copies.

I don't know what a fuck ton actually represents as a sales figure.

I hope so. I haven't even played the game and I want this to become an awesome dark atmospheric adventure series that continues to be awesome. I've been reading too many of Tricky's posts.

A more exploration oriented and darker Uncharted. It's my greatest wish come true (well, outside of finding true love, but hey, who needs that).

dino1980

Is Tomb Raider also released on march the 5 in south korea for pc? Because if so I am going to do the VPN-trick and get the game some hours earlier.

The whole "no replayability" has me unhyped.

That’s not true. The game let's you explore and find tons of extra stuff once you've finished it. You can also try out hard mode and choose different skills.

And then you've got the multiplayer if you enjoy that kind of stuff. The game is definitely meaty with tons of stuff to do and unlock. It’s fairly long too......

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
That’s not true. The game let's you explore and find tons of extra stuff once you've finished it. You can also try out hard mode and choose different skills.

And then you've got the multiplayer if you enjoy that kind of stuff. The game is definitely meaty with tons of stuff to do and unlock. It’s fairly long too......

Meaty and long huh? Sounds like just my thing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Funny thing, people played it.

So the new positivity is just from people getting early copies? I dunno. If people are excited enough to grab an early copy, then they're probably excited enough to convince themselves that the game would always be good.

Nemesis_

So the new positivity is just from people getting early copies? I dunno. If people are excited enough to grab an early copy, then they're probably excited enough to convince themselves that the game would always be good.

You raise a good point - but the game is available publicly in Australia and some European territories. It's not necessarily a matter of people going out of their way to sample it early - it's just available everywhere.

And I'm sure many are keen to see if it turned out well or not, and yeah.

Also fun fact - in Australia, you can buy a game and return it within seven days if you don't like it, so many might be picking it up just to give it a try as well.

The reviews were overwhelmingly positive and the game lives up to expectations.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You raise a good point - but the game is available publicly in Australia and some European territories. It's not necessarily a matter of people going out of their way to sample it early - it's just available everywhere.

And I'm sure many are keen to see if it turned out well or not, and yeah.

Also fun fact - in Australia, you can buy a game and return it within seven days if you don't like it, so many might be picking it up just to give it a try as well.

Oh, I had no idea it was already available in some countries.

It's good to hear. I was excited about the premise of the reboot early on, and stopped following through some of the negativity. I have the game pre-ordered, and just trying to gauge interest. DmC has made me wary and disdainful of reboots in general.

The reviews were overwhelmingly positive and the game lives up to expectations.

Yeah, the reviews do seem positive, but I have little respect for the opinions of most professional reviewers. They often have trouble distinguishing between something that's actually good versus "cinematic, visceral, other stupid industry buzzword" good.

And what about all the glowing reviews? The game is very well done on all fronts. Simple as that. If you can accept the change or just don't care about the older games buckle up and enjoy one of the best games in a long time!

RyudBoy

Any discount on console versions anywhere? Does Newegg.com still do those $12 off coupon deals? Haven't seen that posted here in a while.

Top Bottom