• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

carterd1981 said:
We started from the beginning. But we were both going for it at first trying not to die. He died, and we went back to the Aesir and restarted from the beginning. Maybe that is where it messed up. The second time we decided, whoever died first would be the point man for the rest of the level so the other wouldn't die.
I've had problems with this in single player. I teleported from Aesir to 1-1 and played through killing Grendel without dying, and it didn't unlock for me. This was in single-player.

goldenpp72 said:
we wont know how it sells for a month or so, I do think it will sell enough to justify a sequel, I just hope MS doesn't back out due to critical responses.

It's all about the dolla-dolla-bills yo.

I'm definitely curious about sales. If they had managed to pop out a T.V. spot like Assassin's Creed had, I think you'd have seen surprisingly high sales.

As it is; it has been reasonably marketed and it received a four out of five from X-Play. Say what you will about the show, it's what people watch. I think it might have done well. (I hope)

If anything, it might show how little impact reviews actually have on sales.

If it sells well, Microsoft won't give a shit about the reviews and I can't remember the last time I played a game with a cliffhanger that made me more excited.

Infact...I don't think I have ever played a game that had an ending like Too Human's that made me jones for the sequel so badly.

Cornballer said:
I've had problems with this in single player. I teleported from Aesir to 1-1 and played through killing Grendel without dying, and it didn't unlock for me. This was in single-player.

We got the first world unstoppable cheevo starting from the beginning, but neither of us died in co-op. So I am hoping both of us don't have to live. Because, trolls immune to ranged attacks sucks,lol.

carterd1981 said:
We got the first world unstoppable cheevo starting from the beginning, but neither of us died in co-op. So I am hoping both of us don't have to live. Because, trolls immune to ranged attacks sucks,lol.
I'll give it a whirl and see if I can do it. I'm just getting sick of playing the Hall of Heroes after two times through without dying and not unlocking the achievement. ;)

goldenpp72 said:
They really need to rethink the camera in the sequel, I have to fight it a lot for nonsense reasons.

I can say without hyperbole that it hasn't been a factor for me in gameplay at all. Perhaps it was due to the time I put in with the demo but depending on the class and depending on what I want to accomplish at the time...there are plenty of camera angles to select from.

I just figured out how to see damage done and damage taken last night... o_O

Maybe I actually need to read the instruction manual for this one?

bigdaddygamebot said:
I just figured out how to see damage done and damage taken last night... o_O

Maybe I actually need to read the instruction manual for this one?

It's funny you say that. My buddy thought his game was glitched when he couldn't see his health, combo meter, etc. HUD. I was like dude press the left on the D-Pad.

carterd1981 said:
It's funny you say that. My buddy thought his game was glitched when he couldn't see his health, combo meter, etc. HUD. I was like dude press the left on the D-Pad.

I played through the game entirely without it and then I guess I fluked into it when I started playing my Commando. I thought it was a "Commando - only" ability or something until I went back to play my Defender and I can see all the red numbers scrolling up as I wade into a crowd of goblins.

very cool and very handy for helping you decide how you want to optimize your gear.

BigAT

carterd1981 said:
Question. During co-op, do both you and your partner have to live to get the unstoppable achievements on the levels? I didn't die in the ice forest, but my buddy died numerous times. I didn't get the cheevo.

Your partner doesn't need to survive. I did this last night for World Serpent, my partner died once or twice but I did not. I got the achievement.

BigAT said:
Your partner doesn't need to survive. I did this last night for World Serpent, my partner died once or twice but I did not. I got the achievement.

that reminds me.

I have a charm that wants me to (I'm at work and my memory is poor so bear with me) "destroy the World Serpent 0/1" or something...

I never "fought" a "World Serpent". I was INSIDE a World Serpent though and fought a big silly robot troll at the end.

Does having that charm active and beating that level get me the requirement for that charm?

Sorry if I'm dim.

Stantron

I kinda wish the spider bot would make a sound effect each time it got done recharging. It's easy to overlook the GUI indicator amidst the frantic battles. Sometimes, when I die, I realize, "damn, I could have used the spider bot to keep me alive."

<---- NEVER remembers the spider-bot.

With the burgeoning relationship I am crafting with my lowbie Commando. I'm already promising myself to use my robot-spider more responsibly.

bigdaddygamebot said:
I can't remember the last time I played a game with a cliffhanger that made me more excited.

Infact...I don't think I have ever played a game that had an ending like Too Human's that made me jones for the sequel so badly.

You know... I thought this ending was rather well done for a cliffhanger. I felt like it gave us a craving for the next one while also satisfying me ... unlike *cough* Halo 2 *cough*

bigdaddygamebot said:

With the burgeoning relationship I am crafting with my lowbie Commando. I'm already promising myself to use my robot-spider more responsibly.
Where's your "lowbie" commando at?
I started one last night. First level was fine, then second one was retarded. The +/-, ice/fire goblins just do not go down. I use slugs, so i thought that might be it, but lasers (or plasma or whatever the hell it is) dont seem to work too well either. Annoying.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
bigdaddygamebot said:

LOL, me too. I usually do remember at the last second and I'm like literally yelling SPIDDDDDERRRRRR BOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as I attempt to save myself from getting killed by 50 goblins in a secret room challenge. I'm a defender so my spider bot freezes everyone in proximity to it. It's a life saver :)

SPEA said:
I'm a level 50! Still no Epic loot yet though. :(

Damn are you just that unlucky?

Also I noticed even though I've completed a level, I still have all my tokens. I thought these were supposed to dissapear once you beat the boss of that stage?

VaLiancY

I hate my Spider because its delayed which is the only reason I hate my tree. It takes a while to seek a target and a few more seconds to explode.

VaLiancY said:
I hate my Spider because its delayed which is the only reason I hate my tree. It takes a while to seek a target and a few more seconds to explode.

So revert your points and go for a different tree?

VaLiancY said:
No because my high tier talents and theprerequisite suitor to my play style off high dps.

Ahhh... figured there must be a reason your keeping it. Guess your stuck with it then.

bigdaddygamebot said:
I have a charm that wants me to (I'm at work and my memory is poor so bear with me) "destroy the World Serpent 0/1" or something...

I never "fought" a "World Serpent". I was INSIDE a World Serpent though and fought a big silly robot troll at the end.

Does having that charm active and beating that level get me the requirement for that charm?

Sorry if I'm dim.

I'm curious about this as well. Anyone know?

ravien56

finally loaded this game up, wow what a fast hour that went by...just a few questions though... im a champion and im looking at the advance combat menu...it says to juggle a enemy you gotta what? and a lot of attacks it says to use the ls and rs...do i press them? its not very explanatory about the attacks

Stantron

I've noticed that the Sentient Weapon is not always the smartest entity. I've unleashed it against the Rat/Dog mini-boss, and it goes buck wild at it's leg area instead of head/chest therefor causing no damage. Similar things happen with the Trolls. SW seems much better suited for swarms of enemies... and this....

When you've got the last boss to about one-eighth life, unleash the SW, it'll build up your hit combo number before killing her which improves chances that she'll drop better loot. If her undead summons are still around, focus on them to build it up even more, just make sure the SW kills her before running out of steam.

mh56 said:
finally loaded this game up, wow what a fast hour that went by...just a few questions though... im a champion and im looking at the advance combat menu...it says to juggle a enemy you gotta what? and a lot of attacks it says to use the ls and rs...do i press them? its not very explanatory about the attacks

Double tap the right stick towards any enemie to send them into the air.

But yeah its a combination of pressing and holding the right stick, holding, flicking both sticks together, and so on. Its a little different getting used to but you will pick it up.

The hard part is going back to other games and still trying to use the rigth stick to attack. I had a hell of a time with the force unleased demo due to this.:lol

akenatone

just finished the game for the first time. Ended at level 31 with a cybernetic champion, only died 3 times, all in the second level.

it was fun but became mindless after you figure out how to deal with each type of enemies. the only thing that kept me going was the search for new loot.

i have some nice level 40 weapons with 4 empty rune slots for a zerker and a defender, i'll probably give them to someone when i coop later.

SPEA

VaLiancY said:
Yes, for us, we died enough times to be allowed into Valhalla without death.
:lol Seriously. Her arms were probably sore as hell lifting our heavy asses up every 5 minutes.

goldenpp72

Cornballer said:
What level are you? I still haven't decided if it's easier to have a go at a lower level. Also, did you do the challenge rooms or did you skip them?

Level 29 defender, with focus put purely on defense and protection of myself and my team mate. A berserker has no chance in hell to do these. berserkers are great team mates though if their not afraid to die.

SPEA said:
:lol Seriously. Her arms were probably sore as hell lifting our heavy asses up every 5 minutes.

Hey don't forget the people that have to play the music everytime too.:lol

"AHH shit another one died!" "Send the Valkerie and cue the music...GO GO GO!"

goldenpp72 said:
Level 29 defender, with focus put purely on defense and protection of myself and my team mate. A berserker has no chance in hell to do these.
Ah, ok. The part where I get humped is the multiple trolls, all of whom deal out status effects. Way too hard to take 'em all down quickly, and I find myself totally screwed once they'd all bunch up together.

goldenpp72

That's where I got boned too, that's why I leveled up my fenrir all the way to 10 and unleashed him on them. Just so ya know, doing a final strike not only works in mid air but also almost always destroys their armor in one shot. it's very helpful there.

Zertez

Fistwell said:
Where's your "lowbie" commando at?
I started one last night. First level was fine, then second one was retarded. The +/-, ice/fire goblins just do not go down. I use slugs, so i thought that might be it, but lasers (or plasma or whatever the hell it is) dont seem to work too well either. Annoying.
Some fire/ice goblins still give my Commando problems at 42. Usually what I do is clear the trash out and ruin them, use the sentinent if Im far from a difficult boss or use a Hammer and eat the damage if Im at full health. Slug weapons will take them down, although very slowly. I just try to speed it up when I can. I rarely get hit as a Commando, so the health loss option is usually the one I pick.

What's the cooldown time for the Sentient Weapon? It seems to take a LONG time. i wish there was some sort of guage or countdown for it like for the spiders.

Zertez

I think the cooldown on the sentinent weapon is around 25 minutes. I tend to save mine for tough bosses. Wish there was a counter for it as well, but at least there is the wolfs head.

border

Sentient Weapon's cooldown is so ridiculously long, I have no idea why anyone should waste runes or talent points on it. As soon as I re-spec I'm just dumping 1 point into Fenrir and moving on to other trees.

Mifune

Mehmber
Fenrir is great for those insta-death rooms when you have only one combo meter going. Basically gives you unlimited ruiners for as long as the Sentient Weapon is swooping around.

goldenpp72 said:
just beat level 3 without dying.. first try, boss was a bitch though. Only one more to go.. im scared of hel :(

I did it on my first play through it. I don't know what class you are but I am a bioenigineer and I was able to beat it on pure luck and healing abilities. Just a few notes though on my experience:

- I kited all the adds when a necro spawned so they wouldn't respawn. It takes longer than just going for the necro but takes out alot of risk because you aren't getting hammered by the adds when you attack the necro.

- With the wraiths: kite them as well with a rifle (or cannon if you are cyber) and be patient because the wraiths are quite resistant to ballistics

- On the mini-boss: rolling does not negate the rockets it shoots but I found that if you can quickly get behind the monster, you have about 1 minute until the A.I catches on the you've moved around letting you get alot of free shots.

- Finally, on the final boss: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SAVE YOUR FENRIR UNTIL THIS FIGHT. Being a bio, I could withstand the life draining because I could just shield, heal, or wait for regen, but without the regen, this boss I assume would be a bitch. HOWEVER, if you save Fenrir to this fight and let it attack the boss, you wont have to worry about life drain as her attack is interrupted when you attack.

Good luck, don't know if it is possible without a bioengineer solely because the last boss' life draining abilities that take out a TON of life.

akenatone

i did the last level without dying as a champion. for the last boss, i just used a quick grenade to stop the drain attack, went in with a slide attack, used a ruiner to freeze her then used a finisher. Rinse and repeat, if you need health kill one of those undead.

if it weren't for the pretty steep difficulty jump between the first and second level, i think a could have went through the whole thing without dying. i ended with 3, and a couple of those were due to me not spotting a status effect thing in the middle of the fray.

Top Bottom