• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Official Thread of Hack-n-Loot

Aladuf

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
Pic from the link:

2805239861_8736be85ea_d.jpg

Siiiiiiiick.

*drools*

soultron

Banned
soultron said:
Is the final game easier to read on SDTVs? I was giving the demo another go last night and I couldn't read anything. Now that I'm living in student housing, I don't have an HDTV. If I can't read loot specs, I don't think I'll be picking the game up.

Anyone?
For the new page.

Combine

Banned
Rather than proceeding onto Helheim, I decided instead to replay the Hall of Heroes, to see how different it is on a higher level. While, I'm sure its nothing compared to what some of you high level folks are dealing with, man, I really enjoyed slogging through the area with the leveled up enemies. In fact, I actually managed to go through the area without dying and I think I got the achievement for that. I'll probably replay the levels several times just to continue to level up to 50. Although, I figure I'll get on with Helheim first.

Ouch, I played the Ice Forest with someone who was at lvl 50 while I was still at lvl 35 and man that level is BRUTAL. I would get one hit killed from full health by some of the elite enemies.

Just got this game yesterday but only managed to watch the intro where theres soem bar fight and didnt have a clue what happened in it and how it was even related to the game. The story is so confusing. Could someone give me a brief summary on what happened in it and why I landed on a planet like the Aliens movie?

I also have a couple questions regarding the gameplay:

1. How do you juggle and shoot DMC style? I had the berserker. But plan to play the game with the bio engineer to get the human achievement too.

2. Does your armor and weapons break and have durability? It sucks if they do. Also I hope you dont lose them forever if they break and can just repair them?

3. Is it possible I might salvage a really good item by if its set on smart mode?

4. The menus seem so confusing and slow/clunky. So much info there wish they'd have made it easier. I heard you wont know abour runes until the end of the game wtf? Why didnt they give you some kinda encylopedia or explanations that you can refer to anytime rather than having to remember what it said in a message that appeared hours ago. Really lame design decisions.

Gizmo_Monkey said:
1. How do you juggle and shoot DMC style?
Double-tap the right stick to launch, and then right trigger to shoot. Or jump with the A button to jump up after you launch, and then continue to combo with the right stick.
2. Does your armor and weapons break and have durability? It sucks if they do. Also I hope you dont lose them forever if they break and can just repair them?
They do have durability. You can repair them back in the weapon and armor shops.
3. Is it possible I might salvage a really good item by if its set on smart mode?
Not really. 'Possible,' but extremely unlikely.
4. The menus seem so confusing and slow/clunky.
They're at least slow and clunky.
Really lame design decisions.
Loads of them, but what're you gonna do?

Sunk 12 hours into this over two days off I had from work. Finished the single player so I can get stuck into live play. Felt a bit let down over the whole cliff hanger ending. Would be nicer if more trilogy based games took a cue from mass effect and made each game have a conclusion but be part of an overall story arch (even though we only have me1 Bioware have stated that the intent and proved it with me1).

Gowans whats your tag? Could do with some UK based live players for this and whatever else they play. I'm heading for work now but feel free to add huntersblades.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Epic loot question. Is it determined by the person who started up the game? I'm just asking because yesterday when I was playing with my brother we came across 4 epic items (a 2h sword in a shop, a chest plate, gloves and helmet) and all the armor was champion/cyber only (what my brother was).

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Finished single player last night, was a 29 Berserker, clocked in at 11:44 on the play timer. Freakin' AWESOME ending to the game. I cannot wait for the sequel!

I'm ready for some co-op action, so anyone that wants to play after 10:30pm CST shoot me an invite, GT = Diseasedyak

Question: What is the best way to get loot when I'm going back through the game? Are most of you just going to Aesir and hitting X and entering whatever stage, or are you playing back through the campaign?

I started a campaign, but then switched over to the stage select, and completed the whole first level, killing Grendel-1 and everything, all without dying, but didn't get the achievement. I figured that was because I wasn't in campaign mode, but it still sucks.

I found it humorous that the level 8 purple armor still dropped in the secret rooms, I guess those are hard coded to always pop out. Looked funny amidst the level 34 crap dropping.

Gowans

Lonesome_Raod said:
Gowans whats your tag? Could do with some UK based live players for this and whatever else they play. I'm heading for work now but feel free to add huntersblades.

Lonesome it was in my GAF profile but its not hard to guess its Gowans007 I'll be on later for some co-op.

My list is full I'll see if I can clear a space.

Wizpig

Dammmn, i still hate the idea that you "have to" finish Single-player first to do CoOp.
Sure, you can do CoOp, but you'll miss all the cutscenes and the stuff.

Wizpig said:
Dammmn, i still hate the idea that you "have to" finish Single-player first to do CoOp.
Sure, you can do CoOp, but you'll miss all the cutscenes and the stuff.
You also miss choosing your alignment :(

I hit level 50 with my champion! :D Now I've still never picked up any epic armore and I've replayed HoH many times along with the other levels a few times. Now that I'm fifty is there more of a chance of them dropping? Or am I just having extremely bad luck? The only thing epic I got was my rifle I bought in the store for an insane price.

Any tips on things to do to perhaps increase my chances for epic loot?

Lebron

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I hit level 50 with my champion! :D Now I've still never picked up any epic armore and I've replayed HoH many times along with the other levels a few times. Now that I'm fifty is there more of a chance of them dropping? Or am I just having extremely bad luck? The only thing epic I got was my rifle I bought in the store for an insane price.

Just add some % Loot Drop runes till your maxed out at 15% to your armor. I've gotten 2 more(rune and pistol) epic drops since I did that, and I'm at level 50 as well. Basically just did what Jtyettis was doing.

slasher_thrasher21 said:

Add the loot drop runes, as suggested. Also, Jtettis suggested doing 'conveyor runs':
Jtyettis said:
The conveyers in world 3 there are a bunch of Elites in there that is where I got my drop just now and where he got his set pieces. Rinse and repeat just reloading the section starting at 3-4 IIRC.
Thanks for the rune last night, Jtyettis. :D

Cornballer said:
Add the loot drop runes, as suggested. Also, Jtettis suggested doing 'conveyor runs':

Thanks for the rune last night, Jtyettis. :D

Whats "conveyor run"?

I will try the adding loot percentage ruins. If I don't have any can I buy those in the stores?

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Whats "conveyor run"?

I will try the adding loot percentage ruins. If I don't have any can I buy those in the stores?
I think they're talking about the conveyor belt in the 3rd level. It has a bunch of dark elves jumping in and a troll at the end of it, i believe.
You can sometimes find the loot% runes in the stores. What they have is randomized a little, so you might have to check it a few times before finding them.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Whats "conveyor run"?
Playing from 3-4 to the end of the level, I believe. I haven't tried it yet.
Should be able to find some there. Check your inventory, I always seem to have a few of these on hand.

fin

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Yeah I'm starting to think its all based on luck now (or mostly) :lol

Denis said in the TooHuman.net forums that the areas with the most tokens are more likely to drop the epics. So Hall of Heroes is the LEAST likely to drop the red loot. I got mine in the Ice Forest and Helheim. So the areas with the most tokens are ideal for loot hunting. Looks like I'll be doing more Ice Forest runs this weekend.

fin said:
Denis said in the TooHuman.net forums that the areas with the most tokens are more likely to drop the epics. So Hall of Heroes is the LEAST likely to drop the red loot. I got mine in the Ice Forest and Helheim. So the areas with the most tokens are ideal for loot hunting. Looks like I'll be doing more Ice Forest runs this weekend.
I think you also need to have the tokens for a better shot. So just playing the end of a level doesn't work as well as clearing the whole thing.

fin said:

Well I knew about that. Last time I did a complete Ice Forest run I didn't even see Hod drop any loot. Maybe it was a glitch. Me and a buddy did the whole Serpent level last night and no epic drops on that one either.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Ok. I'm really embarassed about this. I don't know what a token is. I've collected them on the first two stages... but I don't know what they are, what they look like, or what their purpose is.

PhatSaqs

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Ok. I'm really embarassed about this. I don't know what a token is. I've collected them on the first two stages... but I don't know what they are, what they look like, or what their purpose is.
Each stage is broken down into sections. A token is applied when you complete a section. It happens behind the scenes.

Zertez

It is a trade off, hard to say which is better yet. Some of the later levels definitely have a higher chance of dropping epics, but they take twice as long as HoH and for me at least, I have try to die in HoH(outside that named in the first secret room, that bastard kills you in two hits). Is it worth running the longer levels or 2 times as many HoH runs. I tend to get a lot more runes/charms in HoH than armor/weapons. HoH is also a great place to work on charms, the mobs are plentiful and go down quickly.

I'd like to play the later levels, but it's hard to block out a big chunk of time for a loot run. HoH is a nice length. Would've been nice to have another short level for these sorts of things.

Naeblish

Got the game today, just finished the second act. Man the game really opened up in the ice forest, i went in afraid with my commando, but i loved the challenge, awesome enemies. Failing the second arena was kinda a bumper tho.

Played about 5 hours on my own (no friends) and I've really enjoyed it. The Ice Forest was so much fun, and there is quite a bit of depth with the balance of melee and ballistics.

Anyone else willing to pay for DLC that would add a new level to make loot runs? Something that would exist outside the main story, but offer a new, big ass dungeon to kill bad guys and pick up epic loot!

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Anyone else willing to pay for DLC that would add a new level to make loot runs? Something that would exist outside the main story, but offer a new, big ass dungeon to kill bad guys and pick up epic loot!

If they released a downloadable dungeon for level 50 characters... HELL YEAH I WOULD!

mm04

Just finished the campaign solo. I had a good time and I didn't think the story was bad at all. I guess if you were looking for the entire completion of the man vs machine concept in part 1, then that definitely wasn't there. I also liked the ending as well :D . For those that died many times vs. Hel,
jump slide to attack
is your friend! I died once and was near death a second time when I finished her off.

I ended up going about 15 hours and finishing as a level 31 cybernetic defender with a second run in HoH and GRENDL included in that. No red drops, although I did see a set of red pistols in town for sale. I died the most times in the Ice Forest and World Serpent, which was A LOT and the least amount in HoH and Helheim. Now it's on to co-op with my nephew and I'm pretty sure I'm going to try a human bersker or champion next. I missed quite a few arenas including the one right before Hel...ugh. One of my major complaints with that level is not knowing where the heck I should be going. All in all was worth my money, I'd say.

TwoBacks

Neo Member
mm04 said:
One of my major complaints with that level is not knowing where the heck I should be going.

The wolf troopers/Thor pathing shows you which direction you should be headed next. If you are ever lost, look for them.

It is actually a very creative level flow element in my opinion.

Top Bottom