• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
255 episodes? filller? Why so many episodes, how many seasons has this show had? If it's this bad why does it continue?

So much I don't understand.

It's a long running shounen. That's how it works. DBZ was the same way. Since the anime catches up to the source material often, they have to throw in "filler", which is non-canon material that has no effect on the overarching plot.

And whether you think it's bad or not, it is still pretty popular. The consensus is it had a very strong opening which continued into the hundreds before jumping the shark.

That's really odd, seems like it would suffer from some serious over-saturation very quickly.

That's just how shows work in Japan. If it's long-running, it doesn't go by seasons but rather all year.

Moaradin

First time checking out these shows. Last "current" anime I ever watched was Naruto. I really like Deadman Wonderland for it's craziness and Cassern Sins is very interesting so far. How long are both of these shows?

joe2187

Banned
This is a pretty odd and fucked up show, I like it.

Wait, I thought japan censored blood?....this show seems to be full of it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
First time checking out these shows. Last "current" anime I ever watched was Naruto. I really like Deadman Wonderland for it's craziness and Cassern Sins is very interesting so far. How long are both of these shows?

Deadman Wonderland is 12 plus an OVA episode.

Casshern Sins is 24 episodes.

Apparently the next show is even more depressing. Was hard to believe myself.

DMW doesn't seem that depressing to me, although I do remember seeing a few clips from going to a friend's place. Seemed like it was violent for the sake of violence, but what do I know? I was seeing clips from episodes 6 and above.

joe2187

Banned
They answered the question that was on my mind. She's a G cup (which would look odd on a woman of her build, but ITS ANIME!)

So going by the first hour:

-Bleach still sucks, and I'm glad I dropped it back when I dropped anime all together years ago.
-Deadman Wonderland is okay, but since it's only 12 episodes long I'll probably watch the series.

Kinda sad to hear that they don't start at episode 1 for Cowboy Bebop. I was hoping to watch the entire series again. But I'll definitely be tuning in again next week to show my support.

joe2187

Banned
This is going to be one of those shows where I'm in a constant state of confusion, I dont know if I can handle that Paranoid agent nearly broke my brain.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Eat cashews.

Dwth0.jpg

bigosc2k

Banned
Makes sense, because I think tatsunoko was involved with it.

I just wikied the show and yeah Tatsunoko was involved with it, but this is the first I heard of the series and I actually avoided coming to NeoGaf when toonami was announced for it's comeback since I wanted to be surprised by the line up of shows

Thoughts on new shows:

Deadman Wonderland -- Ridiculous. Fucking ridiculous. I like it already

Casshern Sins -- I kinda wish this aired before Deadman. I think I was taken out my element while watching after watching DMW. And I was kinda hoping they would kill off the robot girl, but oh well

joe2187

Banned
Well they really like to set the atmosphere in these two new shows, unfortunately like the main characters I have absolutely no clue what is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom