• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Nearly lost it at "Quietest ninja ever!" tonight in Deadman. Really is a good show, can't wait to see where it goes (I mean I kinda can see where it is going, but I want to go along for the ride).

Jacob

I'd like to see more new shows but Bebop really is the perfect way to wrap up the night. Damn good episode. See you all next week.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ToonamiLater.jpg

Goodnight, beautiful friends.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
BY GAWD!
BY GAWD
GANTA WINS!!

SWEET GAWD ALMIGHTY!!

Your time is up, my time is now,
You can't see me, my time is now,
It's the franchise, boy I'm shinin' now,
You can't see me, my time is now!

In case you forgot or fell off I'm still hot - knock your shell off,
My money stack fat plus I can't turn the swell off,
The franchise, doin' big bid'ness, I live this,
It's automatic I win this - oh you hear those horns, you finished,
Imma soldier... and I stay under you fightin',
Plus I'm stormin' on you chumps like I'm thunder and lightning,
Ain't no way you breakin' me kid, I'm harder than nails,
Plus I keep it on lock, like I'm part of the jail,
I'm slaughtering stale, competition, I got the whole block wishing
they could run with my division but they gone fishing
with no bait, kid your boy hold weight,
I got my soul straight, I brush your mouth like Colgate,
In any weather I'm never better your boy's so hot
you'll never catch me in the next man's sweater,
If they hate, let 'em hate, I drop ya like a ton...
Lay yo' ass down with my Ganta GUN!

I'm fucking dying man.

And the reactions to shiro were pretty hilarious as well. You guys are in for a treat.

vazel

Banned
WEST COAST REPRESENTING!

I'm reading the DMW manga after each episode and so far I'm liking the anime better than the manga version. The anime is creepier and the dialogue is better.

WEST COAST REPRESENTING!

I'm reading the DMW manga after each episode and so far I'm liking the anime better than the manga version. The anime is creepier and the dialogue is better.

Wish I could say that for its entire run. The anime cuts out a few really cool characters.

WEST COAST REPRESENTING!

Really? I love the dialogue better in the manga and the facial expressions
[the tendency for charas to have one eye open/closed/half open for certain scenes (the female warden after returning the knife to White Balrog)]
add an extra layer.

Not to mention all the effing characters that have been cut out... not even major charas, but people to increase the human element. Potential friends/enemies. Elements for possible future interactions that lost, make the story more linear now.

Ultratech

I don't even fully understand GiTS:SAC 2's plot. SAC 1 was way less political and more sociological, so it was easier to follow.

Yeah, it's really confusing. The latest episode did more or less sum it up.

But it's basically this:
Basically, Goda is the mastermind here. He created the Individual Eleven to rile up stuff with the refugees and to create social unbalance and political upheaval. Through that, Kuze comes into play as the sole survivor of the Individual Eleven and inadvertently follows out a scenario created by Goda to claim Dejima as independent. Goda helps Kuze obtain a nuke, but with no plutonium, knowing this will lead to a bluff of sorts. The point of all that is to start up a war with Dejima, which will lead the public to go against the government, ousting them and changing the current regime.

There may be a little more to it, but that's the gist of it.

Moaradin

I'm going to need to somehow catch up with Cashern and DMW. I've missed the last two weeks because I was too busy with other stuff =(

Levyne

Banned
I'm going to need to somehow catch up with Cashern and DMW. I've missed the last two weeks because I was too busy with other stuff =(

Casshern is on nextflix I think.

For Deadman, if you have comcast you can watch it here I think (Can also re-navigate Xfinity TV to Casshern too)

Might be other options if you don't mind subs

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still had this track in my head this afternoon

Awww Yeah

Think I have a soundtrack CD somewhere around here, need to get that onto my ipod.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So Toonami-Age, I am eating Cashews, but I am not washing Cashew. how can I preserve these cashews for cashew next week?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Was does them airing Furry Curry again make me thing "Hmmm... they should show Excel Saga someday..."? Hm.

FLCL has good fodder for music videos and promos, so bring it on :) The idea that they're showing a 6 ep series, as a stopgap before a new show premiers, is pretty exciting too, though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I caught up on the Deadman Wonderland manga. It's an odd read, and it looks like it's near the endgame (I think). A shame that it's been on hiatus.

I know people complained about the lack of Azami in Episode 2, but from what I can tell, her importance only matters after the anime ends. I do wonder why Chaplin wasn't used, he is kind of important. I guess crossdressers aren't allowed on TV.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They really, really should get YYH. I don't know why they haven't yet. Them and Funi are best buds and Funi wants to sell the Blu-rays so it's great advertisement, this should be a no brainer.

They really, really should get YYH. I don't know why they haven't yet. Them and Funi are best buds and Funi wants to sell the Blu-rays so it's great advertisement, this should be a no brainer.

I'm not so sure it's that simple. YYH is a valuable property, and even if it was good advertising for Funi, I'm sure it's still out of AS' budget.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think they need to look into getting something that isn't readily available AND can attract their old audience, while also being mindful of cost. FLCL is well a good, but it's on Netflix and very short.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a good idea, I don't think they've aired that in awhile. Or maybe Witch Hunter Robin? Ergo Proxy?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think they need to look into getting something that isn't readily available AND can attract their old audience, while also being mindful of cost. FLCL is well a good, but it's on Netflix and very short.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a good idea, I don't think they've aired that in awhile. Or maybe Witch Hunter Robin? Ergo Proxy?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz- huh wha?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I caught up on the Deadman Wonderland manga. It's an odd read, and it looks like it's near the endgame (I think). A shame that it's been on hiatus.

I know people complained about the lack of Azami in Episode 2, but from what I can tell, her importance only matters after the anime ends. I do wonder why Chaplin wasn't used, he is kind of important. I guess crossdressers aren't allowed on TV.
If they ever make a season two, he'll appear.

Man, I won't be around this week to catch the awesome reactions this week's Deadman will bring. It should be a fucking hilarious read when I catch up.

789shadow

Banned
If they ever make a season two, he'll appear.

Man, I won't be around this week to catch the awesome reactions this week's Deadman will bring. It should be a fucking hilarious read when I catch up.
I can't wait to watch it. I hope I'll be laughing my ass off between the actual episode and the reactions on GAF.

I know people complained about the lack of
Azami in Episode 2, but from what I can tell, her importance only matters after the anime ends. I do wonder why Chaplin wasn't used, he is kind of important. I guess crossdressers aren't allowed on TV.
Director thought it wasn't important, since it was edited in the original anime also. I'm not in love with the lack of background character development compared to the manga.
FLCL? Haven't seen that yet. Even as a stop-gap, it'll do good for the block.
... ehh.

kunonabi

Witch Hunter Robin is not a good idea since it takes like 18 episodes for it to actually get going. They need stuff that hits the ground running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom