• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched 15 episodes and counting over the past two days, this is addicting. The only problem I have is with Leorio, dude is useless and annoying so far.

Oh, and I still have Ouran HS Host Club a look since Andrex is so high on it,

I feel like Soul Eater should be replaced by other longer running shonen anime ala HXH 2011 or Fairy Tail just to keep the top of the line up consistent for a long length of time. I'd rather see AoT or other 26/13 episode run anime in the 2-3 hour so that those hours are constantly getting new material to keep people staying up that late. 3-6 can be for whatever series they want to rerun as I don't think there is any room to grow down there.

i don't think premiering anything but bargain bin stuff at 2-3 is a good idea, and 3 long running shows is already pushing it. HxH can wait for Bleach to end/for Bleach reruns to get stale.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

EWmof.gif

The urge will be strong to turn it off after the first 5 minutes, but DON'T.

Amikami

Banned
ive never played a storm game D: but i am a clash of ninja fan

I would think you could find 1 and 2 cheap or maybe just youtube if you were interested and haven't already. Though people complain about the story mode being repetitive and boring, which it can be, I kind of enjoy the story play, especially in Storm 2. The game is good for eye candy. Some of the best cel-shading out there and the best anime game I've seen.

I think a lot of people can agree, it's really about the boss battles which become enjoyably cinematic. The games do a great job at letting you relive some great battles in the anime (actually storm 3 passes the anime). Storm 3 really gave a lot of attention to a story-telling element, which resulted in super long cutscenes but gives a really well-done
version of Naruto's parents' deaths

And yeah, clash of ninja was fun. Used to play it at a friend's house all the time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
First episode of Ouran is fantastically well paced. 2-3 are kind of a drop off.

Ouran is borderline the least amount of action I could ever see working on Toonami.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
i'm 99.99% sure this is fake and it'd sure be easy to just make up, but here's something somebody posted on the Toonami boards

somebody didnt think this through, i think we'd see panty and stocking with garterbelt before AOT

toonami really needs to pick up panty and stocking

Man God

Non-Canon Member
somebody didnt think this through, i think we'd see panty and stocking with garterbelt before AOT

toonami really needs to pick up panty and stocking

The most provocative thing ever aired on AS was...Code Geass I suppose?

Second most was a heavily edited Tenchi OVA. So I really doubt we'd ever get P&S...or 99% of the anime done in the last 6 years.

foxuzamaki

The most provocative thing ever aired on AS was...Code Geass I suppose?

Second most was a heavily edited Tenchi OVA. So I really doubt we'd ever get P&S...or 99% of the anime done in the last 6 years.

P&S is no more worse than their regular adult swim western shows, it basically is made like power puff girls if PPG was on adult swim and it was a bit censored in japan, but gainex told the dubbers to make it even more rude because our censorship isnt even as bad as theirs, the only thing that would probably need to be edited is the amount of cuss words
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYwXvWDqOaE

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
P&S is no more worse than their regular adult swim western shows, it basically is made like power puff girls if PPG was on adult swim and it was a bit censored in japan, but gainex told the dubbers to make it even more rude because our censorship isnt even as bad as theirs, the only thing that would probably need to be edited is the amount of cuss words

God we need that on Toonami

I would think you could find 1 and 2 cheap or maybe just youtube if you were interested and haven't already. Though people complain about the story mode being repetitive and boring, which it can be, I kind of enjoy the story play, especially in Storm 2. The game is good for eye candy. Some of the best cel-shading out there and the best anime game I've seen.

I think a lot of people can agree, it's really about the boss battles which become enjoyably cinematic. The games do a great job at letting you relive some great battles in the anime (actually storm 3 passes the anime). Storm 3 really gave a lot of attention to a story-telling element, which resulted in super long cutscenes but gives a really well-done
version of Naruto's parents' deaths

And yeah, clash of ninja was fun. Used to play it at a friend's house all the time.

is that really a spoiler?
dude's an orphan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hate how the CC Naruto games play, but man do they have presentation down.

I would cry tears of joy if eighting made a Wii U version of Clash of Ninja that played like GNT4. I'd import a Japanese Wii U on day 1.

Well this is pretty adult. But hey if Adult Swim can air Family Guy I'm sure this is still possible.

Saturday’s new episodes of Bleach (12 a.m.), Naruto (12:30 a.m.), and One Piece (1 a.m.) each ranked #1 in their respective time periods among men 18-24 & 18-34. All new episodes within the TOONAMI block increased targeted delivery by mostly double-digit gains across adults & men vs. the same time period last year.

foxuzamaki

mhs004

I've watched 15 episodes and counting over the past two days, this is addicting. The only problem I have is with Leorio, dude is useless and annoying so far.

Leorio really doesn't do much but he does have some cool moments and helps Gon out some. Pretty much every arc there is new side characters as well.

Silky

Banned
So, quick refresher--after Davy Beck, is Thriller Bark, yes?

Also I think I'll be very dissapointed in every addition of Toonami until JoJo gets on it. Which, again, is probably impossible.

mhs004

So, quick refresher--after Davy Beck, is Thriller Bark, yes?

Also I think I'll be very dissapointed in every addition of Toonami until JoJo gets on it. Which, again, is probably impossible.

No it's Water 7 then Thriller Bark. Both good arcs but Water 7 is alot better to be honest.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No it's Water 7 then Thriller Bark. Both good arcs but Water 7 is alot better to be honest.

Technically it's Water Seven, Enies Lobby, dumb bounty hunter filler arc, then Thriller Bark. I think TB starts around 325-330? We're in the early 200's, so TB is at least two years away.

Amikami

Banned
is that really a spoiler?
dude's an orphan.

Just to be safe.
It's not the fact that they are dead, but what it implies about his parents.
People get pretty touchy about that stuff. It's obvious enough because of what you said, but some people will be like, "Shit man, so by saying that, you've basically spoiled that these people are important enough to have their own huge scene which means these people must be...bla blah"

Of course that's not necessarily true, but in a predictable ass manga like Naruto...well you know. I've literally seen this argued somewhere else on this board. It's a bit on the whiny side, still, but I'll try and keep people as spoiler-free as possible.

After all,
Naruto's parents are pretty much nobodies in the beginning. I mean, how many people really cared "that much" about Naruto's parents. At least I didn't question it until when Jiraiya shows up to teach Rasengan, jutsu of the fourth.

Speaking of edits, I'm watching through Dragon Ball for the first time, and I have no idea how CN ran the Krillin/Bacterian fight back in the day.

Seda

Bleach 309&310
Watching Aizen chase losers through the city is not intimidating or interesting.
It was a teensy bit satisfying seeing Aizen lose his smugface for once, however

Naruto 34&35
Gaara is a punk
Naruto is a dork
Kiba is annoying
Kabuto is actually alright

One Piece 216&217
Zoro/Sanji banter is the best part of this arc.
And Afro Luffy, well, there are no other words to describe it other than funky

Sword Eater 22&23
This show has really good pacing, generally speaking.
Kid is still the best <3
Black Star it's all your fault.
Watching Medusa and Stein duke it out while maintaining their calm demeanors was amusing (that is until Stein went a bit nutso)

Sword Art Online 1
The set up is dumb
The dialogue is dumb (mostly) dumb
The villain's motivation is dumb
Time to shut my brain off when watching and maybe I can derive some enjoyment from this.
Seriously though, perhaps I should stop thinking about the logistics of such an event occurring at this point, and just accept that okay, here's a world that is a game and the goal is to beat a boss. Got it.

IGPX 13&14
The music in the season one race finale was pretty good. Otherwise....meh. Takashi is still just so bland.

Eureka Seven 47&48
Episode 47 brought some long-awaited info and episode 48 brought the action and feels. I was actally quite happy with these two episodes after having to drudge through the last several.
I probably wont get around to it, but E7 is probably worthwhile to rewatch, just to see what I 'get' the second time through that was just jargon before.

Big O 14
A bit of a trippy episode, but I liked it. The show sometimes comes across as hammy but I may be okay with that.

Inuyasha 73/74/75/76
Inuyasha is definitely a meandering show but it has yet to completely bore me.

Seda

Inuyasha is anime comfort food. It may be old and worn down but you still don't mind having it once or twice a week.

Comfort food seems like a good way to put it.

And I perhaps I should mention for those that may not know - I haven't seen any of these shows other than Naruto (and Cowboy Bebop/FMA:B, but didn't rewatch those because I've seen the episodes plenty of times)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No Thundercats and a simple coherent sentence, who is this poster???

EDIT: I guarantee they'll air the final act. Probably sometime when Inuyasha is done with it's current run and a show before 2am is ending theirs. I expect it to do well.

MikeMyers

I have InuYasha playing in the background a lot, like when I'm filling out papers and stuff. A lot of people dislike the fillers, but I like the Monster of the Week feel.

Final Act was fun, I'm curious to check out the manga that it caters to because apparently the anime skipped a lot of stuff.

LycanXIII

Yeah, Panty & Stocking would uh, be nice...... I love the
Sperm Soldiers
episode.

But shitttttt, those edits would be off the roof.

I just watched that episode. It's definitely a different type of show than what's currently on Toonami. I think the censorship would kill it though.

I'm having a hard time taking an overpowered clown in high heels seriously as the primary antagonist in HxH. Is this the best they could come up with? And what's with him licking his lips all the time and having random orgasms? Weird.

Moaradin

I'm having a hard time taking an overpowered clown in high heels seriously as the primary antagonist in HxH. Is this the best they could come up with? And what's with him licking his lips all the time and having random orgasams? Weird.

The fuck? Hisoka is one of the best antagonist in shounen. Such a great character.

i'm 99.99% sure this is fake and it'd sure be easy to just make up, but here's something somebody posted on the Toonami boards

Yeah, it's fake. I was the one who made it as a joke on Twitter. Never expected it to get this far, let alone get 15+ retweets and people actually believe it.

Open the image up in Photoshop or something and crank the brightness down all the way to -150.

Expect the replacement for Eureka 7 to be unofficially announced through that schedule on Saturday though.

Also expect hundreds of Twitter idiots spamming DeMarco with mentions wanting to know if it's real.

Also expect the Toonami tumblr to have a hissy fit over it, complaining about "people leaking spoilers", when it's AS themselves "leaking" it, and you can't really "spoil" a schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom