• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

I'm having a hard time taking an overpowered clown in high heels seriously as the primary antagonist in HxH. Is this the best they could come up with? And what's with him licking his lips all the time and having random orgasams? Weird.
I haven't seen more than a minute of HxH and I know that that's my favorite character.

I haven't seen more than a minute of HxH and I know that that's my favorite character.
Your favorite character is a sociopathic clown who wears high heels and has an unusual interest in 12 year old boys?

image.php

Makes sense.

How much have you seen of him? He's so gooooood

Yup, I'm in the middle of the Heavens Arena arc. I'm just not feeling this dude so far, his design is laughable and after 25+ episodes I still have no clue what his motivation is outside of
wanting to kill a 12 year old boy.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm having a hard time taking an overpowered clown in high heels seriously as the primary antagonist in HxH. Is this the best they could come up with? And what's with him licking his lips all the time and having random orgasams? Weird.

Do you also hate FFVI and everything Batman?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
ive been wanting to check out HXH finding out that the mangaka is behind it boosts my interest significantly(found out a while ago that he was the mangaka) but im like meh, i just dont know what its about and the designs could be better which is one of the reasons i never bothered to read it despite having a openmind

mhs004

Wait wait hisoka hate? He his my favorite character in anime/manga period. You have to admit at least he's better than a butterfly
who pretty much loses on purpose.

Wait wait hisoka hate? He his my favorite character in anime/manga period. You have to admit at least he's better than a butterfly
who pretty much loses on purpose.

I don't know if you're referring to Aizen or some HxH character. If it's the later, I'd prefer not to hear about them because I'm still trying to work my way through the series.

mhs004

I don't know if you're referring to Aizen or some HxH character. If it's the later, I'd prefer not to hear about them because I'm still trying to work my way through the series.
I'm talking about dat aizen. Well even if you don't like hisoka there are MANY more antagonists to look forward to.

They're both overpowered clowns with a tendency towards laughing/orgasms and obsess over the main character.

This is an incredible stretch that is barely worth debating. The Joker isn't an overpowered character from a physical standpoint like Hisoka. He doesn't have great combat prowess or use "life force" as a weapon. The Joker is a mentally unstable dude with no moral compass and above average intelligence.

The Joker has laughing fits of insanity, not some weird ass pleasure that manifests itself in the form of a semi-erotic orgasm complete with lip licking. This might just be an anime trope but it's still weird as hell.

Oh, and The Joker is obsessed with a grown ass man who is just as insane as he is, not an innocent 12 year old boy.

I'm talking about dat aizen. Well even if you don't like hisoka there are MANY more antagonists to look forward to.

I don't hate Hisoka, I just have a hard time taking him seriously. I'm not a fan of the character design and think he's an overpowered creepy clown guy - not my cup of tea. He's not the worst villain I've seen by any stretch of the imagination, didn't mean to bring out the defense force.

mhs004

I don't hate Hisoka, I just have a hard time taking him seriously. I'm not a fan of the character design and think he's an overpowered creepy clown guy - not my cup of tea. He's not the worst villain I've seen by any stretch of the imagination, didn't mean to bring out the defense force.

I get you sorry haha. Throughout the series you kind of find out what makes hisoka tick. They don't ever just go out and say so you just have to watch carfully and look at the hints that are dropped. That's why I want the hiatus to be over to seevwhy hisoka turned out this way. Post your reactions to either here or the HxH thread while watching the next arc your mind will be blown.

Here's a direct example of what I mean when I say Hisoka is a creepy pedo clown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_gzxZZuQEc

Keep in mind that Gon is a 12 year old boy. This is just one instance of this high heel wearing weirdo directing overt sexual overtones towards a child; there are many others I've seen and I'm not even halfway through the 2011 series yet. Comparing this dude to the Joker is flat out dumb.

Yes, I understand the Japanese have a completely different culture where this kind of thing is tolerated in an animated show aimed at children but I personally find it creepy and off-putting.

Yeah, it's fake. I was the one who made it as a joke on Twitter. Never expected it to get this far, let alone get 15+ retweets and people actually believe it.

Open the image up in Photoshop or something and crank the brightness down all the way to -150.

Expect the replacement for Eureka 7 to be unofficially announced through that schedule on Saturday though.

Also expect hundreds of Twitter idiots spamming DeMarco with mentions wanting to know if it's real.

Also expect the Toonami tumblr to have a hissy fit over it, complaining about "people leaking spoilers", when it's AS themselves "leaking" it, and you can't really "spoil" a schedule.

You should've picked a more believable show :p

Moaradin

Attack on Titan is almost guaranteed to be on Toonami eventually, but Funimation isn't doing a home release until next year. I'm sure we'll see it around that time.

Jintor

WHAT IS REPLACING EUREKA 7 YOU CHEEKY BASTARDS. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.
Anonymous

On August 17th, Eureka 7 will be going away, never to return. We’ll be sorry to see it go. Replacing it will be STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS, which we’re very happy about because we always felt it was a Toonami show. FYI: We’ll be skipping some of the non-continuity (read: Jar Jar) eps, but they’ll generally run in order. AMERICAN CARTOONS BELONG ON TOONAMI! xoxoxoxo

Hahahaha ;__;

I'd actually be kind of hype if it was the Gennedy Clone Wars. That stuff was siiiiiiiiiiiiick.

For reals though hope it's FLCL

Seda

Clone Wars doesn't sound like a joke. They confirmed it's the CGI one. Wasn't it considered to be decent?

They confirmed IGPX is rerunning, and the stated that "some" of the shows are rerunning when asked about IGPX/BigO/Bebop ending the same week. I assume that means Big O is rerunning as well and that's when FLCL or something will jump in for Bebop..

Seda

They say they're airing "all four seasons". But wikipedia says there are five seasons. In any case, including some skipped "non-continuity", we're looking at nearly 2 years of Clone Wars.

Clarified, all 5 seasons.

Jintor

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

weird, weird decision. Maybe they want a fallback show they can pull if they need to?

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/56971773371/are-you-guys-gonna-have-another-month-of-movies-like
Anonymous Asked: Are you guys gonna have another "month of movies" like the "Month of Miyazaki"?
Hmm maybe at some point! But since you asked about movies, now is as good a time as any to announce our NEXT MOVIE- on August 31st, we’re proud to announce that we’ll be airing NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 2.22, YOU CAN [NOT] ADVANCE, along with a special little goodie that you’ll have to wait to find out about! How ‘bout THEM apples?? :)
Neat

Tenumi

Banned
Hmm... The Clone Wars.... I'm fine with that, I've enjoyed watching it before. Doubt it'll be on at a time I'm awake, though...

Also, Rebuild 2.22, awesome, even though I've seen it before :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Update to Toonami End Dates

Eureka Seven: August 10th 2013
Sword Art Online: January 11th 2014
Big O II: (second run) January 18th 2014
Soul Eater: February 8th 2014
IGPX: (second run) April 19th 2014
Bleach: September 6th 2014
Naruto (canon material): June 27th 2015
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: No idea
One Piece: HAHAHAHAHA

I put "no idea" for Clone Wars since they claimed they're skipping "non-continuity" and since I've never seen the show, I don't know what counts.
Also, why is Clone Wars getting filler skipped but for anime they claim there's "no such thing as filler"?

I'll adjust these further when we learn what time Evangelion 2.22 airs.

pirata

So do I want to marathon Eva + EoE before watching 2.22, having only seen 1.11?

In my opinion, yes. The Rebuild movies were made to be viewed after the original series. I'm not 100% sure, but judging from seeing the original series, EoE, and the first two Rebuild movies, it seems to me that Rebuild is more than just a remake...I won't go into specifics.

Also, the original series is kind of classic and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom