• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet he was dying to show off that cosplay.
36824375.jpg

Seda

In short, if we trust this:

Thundercats getting removed altogether, SAO jumping in front of IGPX (and is NOT Eureka's replacement), Big O S2 replacing SBT.

jph139

Oh shit Big O back in business.

Inferior Second Season of course but I have the first on DVD so no complaints here.

glad to see Soul Eater's staying in its spot if this is true.

HOWEVER, the staff has specifically told us not to trust this schedule, AND it's been wrong before. not to mention Sword Art Online was announced for August.

Tenumi

Banned

HOWEVER, the staff has specifically told us not to trust this schedule, AND it's been wrong before. not to mention Sword Art Online was announced for August.

Pretty much my response to this. While I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed correct, I'm throwing a bit of caution at it. Also, I can't even load the schedule on their website right now. Must be getting hit pretty good or something.

Oh yes this very true.
Still want Thundercats to go.

Seda

HOWEVER, the staff has specifically told us not to trust this schedule, AND it's been wrong before

Yes I should have mentioned this explicitly. I think many people in the thread know how much trust to put into this schedule, but can't assume everybody does.

what i find suspicious is that Thundercats is being kicked off with 6 episodes left to go if this is true.

Second run is always the kiss of death. GiTS was knocked off after restarting the first series, for example. Hell, even Bebop went away for a bit.

Now the question is (if this is true) what comes in to replace Eureka 7? FLCL? The aforementioned GiTS? DBZ? Something new to slot in behind SAO and give three hours of fresh material?

Fairly sure Big O S2 was previously announced. I would buy it being Titan's replacement, since Adult Swim has the rights. Sword Art Online is too early, but I would buy it appearing once Thundercats finishes its second run (six episodes would mean that the gap opens mid-August, which would fit SAO's previously-announced schedule).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Big O season 2 is awesome if only for that part of the finale. You all know the one. That one moment justifies everything else in the season for me.

SAO hate watch sooner than expected though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/53970342932/well-we-got-backdoored-again

Well, we got backdoored again…

So the surprise has been pre-exploded. Here’s the deal.

July 20th will be the last night of The Thundercats. We’re losing the rights. Also that will be the last night of Sym-Bionic Titan for a little while. It’ll be back for sure.

Starting July 27th we’ll be premiering Sword Art Online at 2am and Big O Season 2 will start at 3:30am, as well.

Full Schedule Below. SURPRISE!!

12:00a Bleach

12:30a Naruto Uncut

01:00a One Piece

01:30a Soul Eater

02:00a Sword Art Online

02:30a IGPX

03:00a Eureka 7

03:30a Big O Season 2

04:00a Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

04:30a Cowboy Bebop

05:00a Inuyasha

05:30a Inuyasha

Just heard the news. Oh happy day! Let's sing a song, my Toonami brethren. EXCALIBUR! EXCALIBUR! FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM! I'M LOOKING FOR HIM! I'M GOING TO CALIFORNIA!

Articalys

I feel terrible for the Toonami folks. At this point, haven't more of their announcements than not been leaked early through backdoor schedules/etc.?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm down with all that. No more Thundercats ever! Take that s2 hashtagists!

And more SBT later down the line! #s2 is still possible! Shut up I believe!

Now we just have to wait out IGPX and we'll be through all the shows I dislike! (Until I start to dislike SAO, lawl.)

Seda

I feel terrible for the Toonami folks. At this point, haven't more of their announcements than not been leaked early through backdoor schedules/etc.?

Well a lot of the shows were announced as intended, like One Piece and Sword Art Online. Soul Eater was leaked by TV Guide though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I wonder if schedule news like this should get its own thread in OT. Drive some more traffic to this thread and whatnot.

Jintor

Sword Art Online!

Soon the Toonami folks will see what they have bought... hahahahah...hahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHA!!!!11!!1!!1!

I'm excited to find out! Although I hear it doesn't get reaaaaal bad for around 12 episodes

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
No more ThunderCats? Excellent.
SBT merely on break and will return? Even better.
Big O Season 2? Not bad... I preferred Season 1.

Better adjust the ending dates.

Sword Art Online!

Soon the Toonami folks will see what they have bought... hahahahah...hahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHA!!!!11!!1!!1!

I'm excited to find out! Although I hear it doesn't get reaaaaal bad for around 12 episodes

First 2 episodes are fantastic, after that it's all over the place

Guess I have a month to watch episodes 7-13 of Big O, got lucky that they're showing season 2 not 1 would have been very upset if they started from the beginning after I watched half of season 1

Crocodile

Losing the rights to the Thundercats? Doesn't CN own the show outright? How could they lose the rights?

I'm just joking around, season 2 is awesome for a lot of reasons. That moment is just so goddamn epic that it overshadows the entire series.

I've seen the entire series. Can you remind me which moment you're talking about?

I just realized now I need to catch up both on IGPX and Eureka 7 or else I'll have no idea what's going on during the hour after SAO

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Losing the rights to the Thundercats? Doesn't CN own the show outright? How could they lose the rights?

I've seen the entire series. Can you remind me which moment you're talking about?

The Final Stage
from the last episode. You know, when Roger
completely decimates half the city with one blow from the biggest gun ever
. The music during that scene was just so goddamn epic.

jph139

Glad they're retaining the Titan rights, though - even if it's the tail-end I hope it drifts in and out of the lineup.

Sword Art Online!

From what I've heard, the first 14 or so episodes are decent to mediocre. After that... well, hold yer colours.

Warners owns the rights.

Is Turner a subsidiary of Warner or am I just getting confused?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom