• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how much of a black hole clone wars will be. Igpx already loses a good chunk of people and I can only imagine that cw won't hold people the way e7 did

Mature

Despite being completely against Bleach and SAO, I'm glad to see they have their respective torch bearers here. Here's to you, Kayos and MCXC Pioneer; for keeping things interesting.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Despite being completely against Bleach and SAO, I'm glad to see they have their respective torch bearers here. Here's to you, Kayos and MCXC Pioneer; for keeping things interesting.

I only exist for entertaining. Sort of. At least when Seda's not posting pictures of my twitter.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You know it's not THAT terrible until episode 3. Then it sort of... jumps off the cliff so to speak.

i7kw48Odmhaqn.gif

So to speak

Uh, guys....

SATURDAY, AUGUST 10, 2013
(in total viewers)
12:00AM Bleach 1.0 HH, 1.247 million
12:30AM Naruto 0.9 HH, 1.190 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.8 HH, 1.039 million
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.8 HH, 1.000 million
2:00AM Sword Art Online 0.8 HH, 1.077 million

2:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.7 HH, 825,000
3:00AM Eureka 7 0.7 HH, 831,000
3:30AM Big O/An 0.6 HH, 664,000
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.6 HH, 669,000
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.6 HH, 599,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.6 HH, 586,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.6 HH, 615,000

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/highlights/29128/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-august-5-2013/
3085904_1353941840154.43res_473_440.jpg

I will gladly eat crow now for saying SAO would not crack 1M at the 2AM spot. Now lets see if it can keep this going.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Uh, guys....

(in total viewers)

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/highlights/29128/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-august-5-2013/

Pentamil, baby!
AU7Amsc.gif

^ July 10th, CALLED IT!

It's a trap!
... Morons!

LOL dead.

OH MAN, A TREASURE CHEST RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EMPTY ROOM, WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG.

Oh yeah, i feel UBER PWN incoming.

Holy shit that kid got fucking wrecked.

Lol. I'm sorry that one kid's death was hilarious.

Oh god that was funnier than it should have been.

They are getting killed so hard lol

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that party got bodied

Welp. GGs

Everyone fucking died. Goddamit, Kirito. You had one job.

That first dude's death has me crying over here.

I stayed up for this shit?

That one dude that had like five monsters just wailing on him was the best.

sao-o.gif

SAO reactions are the best

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
sao-o.gif

SAO reactions are the best

I swear to god that scene absolutely killed me. It was supposed to be sad but it was really funny as hell. It's like none of them had ever played a game before in their lives. Or seen a horror movie, a heist movie, or really any sort of movies that have traps in them. That was so blatantly obvious that I couldn't feel bad for them, they deserved that shit for being so dumb.

Uh, guys....

(in total viewers)

ibzIvMuEdPFGD2.gif

bananas

Banned
IGPX really cannot keep Sword Art's audience. Look at that drop.

As much as I like the show and how much it means to the Toonami guys, it shouldn't keep that spot. Star Wars should be there next week.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

As much as I like the show and how much it means to the Toonami guys, it shouldn't keep that spot. Star Wars should be there next week.

Star Wars would probably do worse. I can't say it ever impressed me the few times I tried to watch it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder how much of a black hole clone wars will be. Igpx already loses a good chunk of people and I can only imagine that cw won't hold people the way e7 did

Which is funny because Eureka was generally considered to be a failure on its initial run. And in both of its runs on Adult Swim, it seems like the final episode was the highest rated in the series.

Pretty straightforward ratings this week. People came to see the big 5 premieres, and Sword Art Online seems to have a following that holds through to keep those numbers up. This week the usual collapse from IGPX was somewhat helped by what seems to be a higher number of people than usual who wanted to stick around to see Eureka. Then as soon as that ended, all but the core audience abandoned ship for the night.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's Star Wars. It would do better in the ratings even if it was Episode I/II quality.

Oh don't get me wrong, it'll have a fan base. It's just it won't be a large one. Everything I've heard, and the episodes I've seen, about the show makes it come off as iffy. It's also too late in the night to get the younger crowd that will tune in religiously for Star Wars and the show does skew slightly younger in it's content. This isn't Genndy style "It's for kids".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speakin of Future, The Future Diary got its dub released today o.o
Wow, that got a dub? Didn't Funimation license that & put the sub on their site last year or so? In any case, I think that would make for a good action/mystery anime. Plus I wouldn't mind watching it again with English voices.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Clone Wars is, as near as I can remember, the only show other than Bleach to air in the 12:00 slot in the last 4 or 5 years. It didn't do well enough to stay there over Bleach, but when it did slip down it only went to 12:30.

That said, that was 2009. No idea how it will do now in 2013. If I had to guess, I'd say it probably won't have much of an effect on the ratings one way or the other.

Wow, that got a dub? Didn't Funimation license that & put the sub on their site last year or so? In any case, I think that would make for a good action/mystery anime. Plus I wouldn't mind watching it again with English voices.

They did. The dub is...............okay.
I might prefer Ganta as Yukki, of course.

It would be cool if Toonami did Anime reviews, not sure about Japanese ones, but like the way they did for One Piece. ( Similarly )

Clone Wars is, as near as I can remember, the only show other than Bleach to air in the 12:00 slot in the last 4 or 5 years. It didn't do well enough to stay there over Bleach, but when it did slip down it only went to 12:30.

That said, that was 2009. No idea how it will do now in 2013. If I had to guess, I'd say it probably won't have much of an effect on the ratings one way or the other.

Hopefully, we get the scenario of Symbionic Titan, ratings-wise and maybe, popularity-wise.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Toonami has been pretty consistent with its drops. So far there are only 3 big ones lately:

• 100k Bleach fans drop
  • 100k Naruto fans drop
  • 100k viewers drop when IGPX starts

My instinct was that IGPX's drop was partially due to how late it was, but it suffered the same level of drop even when it was at 2 AM. There's probably a large number of Toonami viewers who are only there for the "new" stuff and once IGPX begins the run of old shows they drop out. I'm not sure if any other old show could do any better.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Toonami has been pretty consistent with its drops. So far there are only 3 big ones lately:

• 100k Bleach fans drop
  • 100k Naruto fans drop
  • 100k viewers drop when IGPX starts

My instinct was that IGPX's drop was partially due to how late it was, but it suffered the same level of drop even when it was at 2 AM. There's probably a large number of Toonami viewers who are only there for the "new" stuff and once IGPX begins the run of old shows they drop out. I'm not sure if any other old show could do any better.

IGPX's drop has been closer to 200k in most recent weeks, including this one.

Why is Roy Mustang's prop a giant yellow cock and balls behind your avatar?

The base 600kish seem to stick with toonami the whole night so I imagine at worst it would drop that slot from igpx/e7 numbers to big o/fma:b numbers. I imagine for a free so they'll be content with those kind of numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom