• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
High School of the Dead is not trashy. It's filled with PLOT and BACKSTORY.

hsotdploti0ppg.gif

Out of all the gifs to choose from, you chose this one?

EDIT: Nvm. I didn't see the end of hte gif.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I always found it strange that some people would complain about the fact HSotD had "too much fanservice" when I recall a decent amount of horror films would add some kind of sleaze/sexiness/nudity/"hey, let's make out & hope the killer doesn't appear soon"/etc. to their film to take a break from the scary stuff. Granted, not ALL of them, but still. Not to mention the only real nudity that I can really remember was from the episode with the bathing. Other than that, it never got past partial nudity.

This hand of mine glows with an awesome POOOWWEEERR! Its burning grip TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU!

Jintor

I always found it strange that some people would complain about the fact HSotD had "too much fanservice" when I recall a decent amount of horror films would add some kind of sleaze/sexiness/nudity/"hey, let's make out & hope the killer doesn't appear soon"/etc. to their film to take a break from the scary stuff. Granted, not ALL of them, but still. Not to mention the only real nudity that I can really remember was from the episode with the bathing. Other than that, it never got past partial nudity.

It's not really about the amount of nipples you see, it's more about general treatment and direction

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Chaotic Century is balls awesome and its no coincidence it shares most of its VA cast with G Gundam.

The tournament show is ok but nowhere near as good and the third series may as well not even exist.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
High School of the Dead is beyond classless and it knows it. One of the most shamelessly self aware television shows I've ever seen. Highly enjoyable and throughly disgusting.

Tenumi

Banned
This is the same reason people watched Hamtaro. Effing TONAMI brainwashing people to watch crap.

I watched Hamtaro. It was enjoyable, if mindless entertainment.

fixed. If you liked Hamtaro you a) couldn't have been over the age of 18. b) Have no male sexual organs, or the functionality of said organs is muted by estrogen or gender-replacement therapy or c) are a blind TONAMI fan who'll watch anything
as long as it's anime

...What the hell is wrong with you?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While I was a bit out of the age range for it Hamtaro did quite well with the younger set. I remember baby sitting my cousins around the time Hamtaro was out and they went nuts for it. It's well animated and cute and isn't dumbed down too much like some kids shows but it also didn't really fit in the block even as they were trying to lower the age of those watching it.

Would have worked better in the younger set block they used to replace Toonami.

Finally saw the dubbed version of SAO episode 3... I thought they did an excellent job dubbing a not so excellent episode. I forgot how frustrating it was having every major fight skipped :/ there are so many good premises for good story telling ideas presented just not executed well at all.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Finally saw the dubbed version of SAO episode 3... I thought they did an excellent job dubbing a not so excellent episode. I forgot how frustrating it was having every major fight skipped :/ there are so many good premises for good story telling ideas presented just not executed well at all.

Still Art Online?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I'm thinking this will be the last toonami sesh for OT5, right? We average ~2000 posts per Saturday night and are already pushing 17.5K total.

Yep. This thread's got one more week in it and we're moving on out. It's too bad, this one's really comfortable. I always hate having to break in a new thread and don't get me started on that new thread smell.

Yep. This thread's got one more week in it and we're moving on out. It's too bad, this one's really comfortable. I always hate having to break in a new thread and don't get me started on that new thread smell.

A fresh start for someone to post more then Schadenfreude... lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So... Penta Million. We're going places everyone.
Even though SAO is crap, at least it brings in ratings.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Highschool of the Dead is my litmus test for trusting someone's opinion. If they recommend it to me, I never listen to them again. Different strokes for different folks, but it's literally one of the worst shows I've personally ever watched. I gave it three episodes too. But if someone tells me I should watch it, I know that our tastes in entertainment are radically different.

Berserk...ah, an anime that is near to my heart but I won't watch it again because I know it doesn't hold up. The manga is spectacular. I have the recent Golden Age movies...haven't watched them. I have a sickness where I buy anime but don't watch it. I've heard mix impressions though. Being a Berserk fan is rough. You have to come to terms with the fact that the series being fully animated is unlikely, and the manga is probably never going to actually be finished.

It wouldn't shock me if after EVA, the next set of movie nights were The Golden Age arc of Berserk. I'd put money on either that or a Bleach film since they've done it in the past. Be interesting if they did something like showed Hellsing Ultimate. I think that would get a pretty cool reaction out of some people. I loved Hellsing back around 2004ish, but going back to it now...yeah, doesn't hold up for me at all. Even the Ultimate anime, there is a lot of stalling bullshit. Characters making long dramatic speeches, essentially repeating themselves over and over again. Dark faces where you can only see their glasses, the entire thing just starts to fall in on itself. It's one of the only shows where I loved it before, but am indifferent about it now.

Highschool of the Dead is my litmus test for trusting someone's opinion. If they recommend it to me, I never listen to them again. Different strokes for different folks, but it's literally one of the worst shows I've personally ever watched. I gave it three episodes too. But if someone tells me I should watch it, I know that our tastes in entertainment are radically different.

Berserk...ah, an anime that is near to my heart but I won't watch it again because I know it doesn't hold up. The manga is spectacular. I have the recent Golden Age movies...haven't watched them. I have a sickness where I buy anime but don't watch it. I've heard mix impressions though. Being a Berserk fan is rough. You have to come to terms with the fact that the series being fully animated is unlikely, and the manga is probably never going to actually be finished.

It wouldn't shock me if after EVA, the next set of movie nights were The Golden Age arc of Berserk. I'd put money on either that or a Bleach film since they've done it in the past. Be interesting if they did something like showed Hellsing Ultimate. I think that would get a pretty cool reaction out of some people. I loved Hellsing back around 2004ish, but going back to it now...yeah, doesn't hold up for me at all. Even the Ultimate anime, there is a lot of stalling bullshit. Characters making long dramatic speeches, essentially repeating themselves over and over again. Dark faces where you can only see their glasses, the entire thing just starts to fall in on itself. It's one of the only shows where I loved it before, but am indifferent about it now.

post-19715-Brent-Rambo-gif-thumbs-up-imgu-L3yP.gif

I'd KILL for a Bleach movie night. I don't think we've had one since 2009.

Raxus

Who dubbed Tiger & Bunny? They did a decent job with it.

i'd rather we don't have movie nights attached to shows on the block, personally. more interesting if we have different stuff.

Cowboy Beebop: Knockin' on Heavens Door is the only movie I want to see that is currently showing on the block.

I would do dirty things to DeMarco if he got Redline to show one night.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Who dubbed Tiger & Bunny? They did a decent job with it.

Cowboy Beebop: Knockin' on Heavens Door is the only movie I want to see that is currently showing on the block.

I would do dirty things to DeMarco if he got Redline to show one night.

I'm hoping we get Tiger and Bunny. It'd be right up Toonami's alley.

I'm with you on both those movies, either one would be great.

Novid

Banned
That Pentamillion brought a small tear and a tiny smirk on this face full of pain and loss.

Now folks, Turner has a conundrum. The block is as big of a hit as Adult Swim. But right now - the best case its to stick to AS. But its becoming apparent that Toonami is a bit of force right now with no budget. Do they take a risk and give it funding? Nothing much else in Turner is working right now outside of AS and Toonami. Warners has stepped in in TNT's side while Turner is trying to keep Fox Happy on TBS. Who knows what will happen...

But I know this. Crunchyroll - just like Netflix and Amazon Prime (all for different reasons of course) arnt long for this planet.

Tenumi

Banned
But I know this. Crunchyroll - just like Netflix and Amazon Prime (all for different reasons of course) arnt long for this planet.

What is it with you and Crunchyroll? Somebody there got dirt on you or something? Can't think of any other reason that you keep bringing them up at every possible opportunity, even when its unrelated to the topic at hand.

That Pentamillion brought a small tear and a tiny smirk on this face full of pain and loss.

Now folks, Turner has a conundrum. The block is as big of a hit as Adult Swim. But right now - the best case its to stick to AS. But its becoming apparent that Toonami is a bit of force right now with no budget. Do they take a risk and give it funding? Nothing much else in Turner is working right now outside of AS and Toonami. Warners has stepped in in TNT's side while Turner is trying to keep Fox Happy on TBS. Who knows what will happen...

i think the fact that they went through an entire redesign with new CGI means they got a bigger budget already.

789shadow

Banned

Yeah huh, interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom