• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
What hamtaro was amazing. Best animu of all time.
Hamtaro was amazing you shut your mouth :mad: not really a toonami show but a very entertaining kids show
tumblr_mjrg754N5v1s8czzko1_400.gif

Awkwardly, I googled Funimation & Cowboy Bebop yesterday to see if they had any relation. Now, I see the news that they license it for 2014. Luck strikes everywhere.

Wha-Why is there hamtaro everywhere...........

Uh, guys....

SATURDAY, AUGUST 10, 2013
(in total viewers)
12:00AM Bleach 1.0 HH, 1.247 million
12:30AM Naruto 0.9 HH, 1.190 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.8 HH, 1.039 million
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.8 HH, 1.000 million
2:00AM Sword Art Online 0.8 HH, 1.077 million

2:30AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.7 HH, 825,000
3:00AM Eureka 7 0.7 HH, 831,000
3:30AM Big O/An 0.6 HH, 664,000
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.6 HH, 669,000
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.6 HH, 599,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.6 HH, 586,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.6 HH, 615,000

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/highlights/29128/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-august-5-2013/
The legend has become a reality.
Damn

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hamtaro was enjoyable.

Although I still have no idea what the hell "We like sunflower seeds from vroom-vroom" means.

Hamtaro was FUCKING terrible
fixed. If you liked Hamtaro you a) couldn't have been over the age of 18. b) Have no male sexual organs, or the functionality of said organs is muted by estrogen or gender-replacement therapy or c) are a blind TONAMI fan who'll watch anything
as long as it's anime

fixed. If you liked Hamtaro you a) couldn't have been over the age of 18. b) Have no male sexual organs, or the functionality of said organs is muted by estrogen or gender-replacement therapy or c) are a blind TONAMI fan who'll watch anything
as long as it's anime

Or you can appreciate good light hearted comedy. Hamtaro shouldn't have been on toonami as it wasn't an action show, but for what the show was it was spectacular.

Hamtaro was enjoyable.

Although I still have no idea what the hell "We like sunflower seeds from vroom-vroom" means.

It's not vroom-vroom it's Krump-Krump-Krump which is the hamster eating sound in the show.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
as long as it's anime

This is, uh, pretty offensive, lol.

Try going into a brony thread and saying that.

Guess I can't like Sailor Moon or PPG either... Damn my genitalia...

Jintor

I don't remember anything about hamtaro except the OP I think.

It was probably cool

Now zoids. Zoids Chaotic Century. That was cool.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is, uh, pretty offensive, lol.

Try going into a brony thread and saying that.

Guess I can't like Sailor Moon or PPG either... Damn my genitalia...

PPG was badass as fuck. Teeth and blood were flying everywhere when fights went down.

I don't remember anything about hamtaro except the OP I think.

It was probably cool

Now zoids. Zoids Chaotic Century. That was cool.

Chaotic Century was the shit.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Chaotic Century is probably the most underrated anime of all time. It's probably in my top 5 favorites and no one ever talks about it, ever.

Or you can appreciate good light hearted comedy. Hamtaro shouldn't have been on toonami as it wasn't an action show, but for what the show was it was spectacular.
See I don't buy that. If it's a good show sure, it could be on TOONAMI. Best Cartoons shows on the planet and all... however in that old 4-6 timeslot kids are not exactly going to flock to comedy/drama/sitcom animation. Obviously you can be more flexible now

Newest show for TOONAMI

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH LET'S DO THIS SHIT DEMARCO LOOK AT ALL THAT ACTION!

Jintor

A fucking anime about a god damned fully fledged civil war. Was so great. And then you had like the UN anime after it.

Pity they started off with the shitty tournament zoids with shitty characters (except for the girl). The IGPX of its day.

At least it had that cool referee robot

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pity they started off with the shitty tournament zoids with shitty characters (except for the girl). The IGPX of its day.

FINALLY

CONFIRMATION OF MY DECADE+ OLD OPINION

SCREW YOU NEW CENTURY ZERO

WHY DID YOU GET TO AIR IN THE AFTERNOON WHILE I HAD TO WAKE UP AT SIX A.M. FOR CHAOTIC CENTURY

SCREW YOU

See I don't buy that. If it's a good show sure, it could be on TOONAMI. Best Cartoons shows on the planet and all... however in that old 4-6 timeslot kids are not exactly going to flock to comedy/drama/sitcom animation. Obviously you can be more flexible now

Newest show for TOONAMI

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH LET"S DO THIS SHIT DEMARCO LOOK AT ALL THAT ACTION!

No dude.

Just, no.

I know you struggle with this concept but Toonami = action. Period.

Family Guy TOONAMI

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH LET"S DO THIS SHIT DEMARCO LOOK AT ALL THAT ACTION!

So what exactly about hamtaro did you not like? Other then the fact it wasn't designed for a teen male audience you haven't said a single reason why you didn't like the show.

So what exactly about hamtaro did you not like? Other then the fact it wasn't designed for a teen male audience you haven't said a single reason why you didn't like the show.
I thought we didn't have to post reasons why we dislike shows.

/last 30 pages.
I can't believe Bass gives Bleach shit but thinks Hamtaro is tolerable
Different strokes, different folks.
No dude.

Just, no.

I know you struggle with this concept but Toonami = action. Period.
What? look at that fight! and did you see that guy go through a ceiling? And some bitch shanked herself! And that kid broke a bottle inn the dog's eye! ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe Bass gives Bleach shit but thinks Hamtaro is tolerable

I criticize bleach because the show has problems, it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. This might sound crazy but just because someone doesn't unconditionally love a show doesn't mean they completely hate it either. When bleach is good (substitute arc, soul society arc, parts of the arracar arc, blood war arc) I think it's really good. The offset is when bleach is bad it's really bad (most of the arracar arc, full bring arc).

I enjoy hamtaro because it's a fun kids show that I could watch not only back in the day with my little brother but now currently my 4 and 6 year old sisters. The dub is solid, the world it creates is charming, if I have a problem with it the first season focuses a bit too much on the much less interesting human characters.

I thought we didn't have to post reasons why we dislike shows.

/last 30 pages.

I mean we've had a lot of discussion about the issues Sao has. If there are people like me not saying why we dislike it it's because we don't want to spoil things for first time viewers.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This was distressingly expected, I have not forgotten for one moment that Sword Art Online was the big break out hit of 2012, and this depresses me so very much.

I criticize bleach because the show has problems, it doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. This might sound crazy but just because someone doesn't unconditionally love a show doesn't mean they completely hate it either. When bleach is good (substitute arc, soul society arc, parts of the arracar arc, blood war arc) I think it's really good. The offset is when bleach is bad it's really bad (most of the arracar arc, full bring arc).

I enjoy hamtaro because it's a fun kids show that I could watch not only back in the day with my little brother but now currently my 4 and 6 year old sisters. The dub is solid, the world it creates is charming, if I have a problem with it the first season focuses a bit too much on the much less interesting human characters.

I mean we've had a lot of discussion about the issues Sao has. If there are people like me not saying why we dislike it it's because we don't want to spoil things for first time viewers.

This is literally the first time I've seen you post anything semi-positive about Bleach

I wish I had a legit opinion on this since I can't recall jack about Hamtaro :(

Here's an actual episode description:

A snowstorm has just dumped snow onto the town. The Ham-Hams are sleeping, because it's cold outside. Hamtaro brings his friends out with him. Boss and Stan get into a quarrel which soon pulls everyone into a snowball fight. They are stopped when Penelope is caught in a snowball. Meanwhile, while skating with Kana, Laura has trouble with skating and Travis appears to help.

This is literally the first time I've seen you post anything semi-positive about Bleach

That's because I don't think highly of the part of bleach toonami is at. Ichigo v Aizen is the only part of bleach on toonami that I've seen that I enjoyed. I always love watching Aizen trolling it's really the only thing that kept me reading this part in the manga. Honestly it's not that any one fight of the arracar war is bad it's that there are so many fights in a row it dilutes them.

Also i didn't mention yet, but I watched bleach hell verse and really enjoyed it. Which bleach movie should I check out next?

well we have been stuck in butterfly hell for two months or so, unless we were in filler hell

True but not every episode has been trash. Or maybe I'm just blinded by my love for everything Bleach.

That's because I don't think highly of the part of bleach toonami is at. Ichigo v Aizen is the only part of bleach on toonami that I've seen that I enjoyed. I always love watching Aizen trolling it's really the only thing that kept me reading this part in the manga. Honestly it's not that any one fight of the arracar war is bad it's that there are so many fights in a row it dilutes them.

Also i didn't mention yet, but I watched bleach hell verse and really enjoyed it. Which bleach movie should I check out next?

Fade to Black is a good one that focuses on Ichigo and Rukia's relationship. I'd also recommend Diamond Dust Rebellion which is Hitsguya centered. I think it actually aired on Adult Swim a few years ago.

True but not every episode has been trash. Or maybe I'm just blinded by my love for everything Bleach.

Fade to Black is a good one that focuses on Ichigo and Rukia's relationship. I'd also recommend Diamond Dust Rebellion which is Hitsguya centered. I think it actually aired on Adult Swim a few years ago.

Does he actually get a good fight in that or in any filler? I always get the feeling in the manga kubo hates the character and his popularity with the fan base. Is fade to black the film that has
dark rukia
I've heard it was good.

I'm sorry by the way if I've given you the impression I hate bleach or just am trying to troll you. It's fun to be snarky in the atmosphere of toonami but it's not worth it to just upset people as it hurts the ability for us to have good discussions.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm also going to watch Fade to Black tonight. I tried last week, but I was exhausted and it kept putting me to sleep. I'm hoping to catch both Fade to Black and Hell Verse tonight. DiamondDust Rebellion was way more enjoyable than I expected. I did not expect to enjoy a standalone Bleach movie as much as I did with that one.

If Fade to Black and Hell Verse come off favorably, I'll give Memories of Nobody (first movie) another shot. I tried watching it a couple years ago and it put me down.

Like I said before it aired, I think Sword Art Online just has a certain appeal to some segments of the anime community. It's bad, but it isn't as offensively bad as something like Highschool of the Dead...YET that also has a pretty sizable fan base. Some shows just hit certain buttons with people. Sword Art Online is "new" and it looks decent enough. Character designs are bland as shit, but it has a pretty unique concept for American audiences (.hack's US presence was pretty niche).

They need to figure out what to do about that drop they're getting with IGPX. I bet if they could find something just a bit more interesting, they could hold more people until 3am. I know they have a budget and certain shows are basically free, but Thundercats and IGPX aren't doing them any favors. And Big O isn't a huge help since they can't air Season 1.

Does he actually get a good fight in that or in any filler? I always get the feeling in the manga kubo hates the character and his popularity with the fan base. Is fade to black the film that has
dark rukia
I've heard it was good.

I'm sorry by the way if I've given you the impression I hate bleach or just am trying to troll you. It's fun to be snarky in the atmosphere of toonami but it's not worth it to just upset people as it hurts the ability for us to have good discussions.

There's some good action scenes with Hitsugaya in Diamond Dust Rebellion, the whole plot basically revolves around him; Ichigo plays more of a supporting role which is cool to see played out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Toshiro doesn't really do much in the filler arcs except the Zanpaktou Rebellion.

And yes, Fade to Black is the film with
Dark Rukia
. I think it's excellent, you should be able to find it online easily enough.

Highschool of the Dead is trashy. I would hesitate to say that it is bad - at the very least, its pacing and fight direction is, from memory, ahead of SAO.

Well waddya expect? It's made for 13 year olds.

I like it

Jintor

Highschool of the Dead is trashy. I would hesitate to say that it is bad - at the very least, its pacing and fight direction is, from memory, ahead of SAO.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

HOTD does what it sets out to be, which is trashy, its the so bad its good formula and genuinely entertaining, anybody who watches it surely arent expecting anymore than they advertised really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom