• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
My dream would be to see a Friday night and Saturday night block.

yami4ct

My dream would be to see a Friday night and Saturday night block.

Honestly, Toonami is having trouble enough scraping together cheap and decent shows to fill one block. We keep getting stuff like Samurai 7, GXP and IGPX that was clearly brought on for cost reasons and to fill time above all else. We had to suffer 2 runs of Thundercats for the same reason. Imagine what they'd have to dredge up to be able to afford 2 blocks?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
High School of the Dead was so ridiculous and over the top that it just made me laugh so hard. The dub was great too. All the trash talking and over dramatic scenes were hilarious.

This is still my favorite exchange.
when they're in the mansion and are trying to persuade those people to gtfo from there and this crazy chick is all like, "we're not going to submit to violence" or whatever... One of the guys says, "shut up you're just a bunch of kids, what do you know" and the main character replies, "fuck you asshole" and some other shit afterwards. The fuck you asshole always makes me laugh hysterically. :lol

Jintor

The thing I always remember in HSoTD is the first episode where the two schoolgirls are running away from zombies and are like "We'll get through this together!' and then one gets dragged down and the other immediately turns on her, calls her a bitch as she tries to escape, and then gets eaten.

Set the tone very well.

Also the gun otaku's voice actor is amazing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That Pentamillion brought a small tear and a tiny smirk on this face full of pain and loss.

Now folks, Turner has a conundrum. The block is as big of a hit as Adult Swim. But right now - the best case its to stick to AS. But its becoming apparent that Toonami is a bit of force right now with no budget. Do they take a risk and give it funding? Nothing much else in Turner is working right now outside of AS and Toonami. Warners has stepped in in TNT's side while Turner is trying to keep Fox Happy on TBS. Who knows what will happen...

But I know this. Crunchyroll - just like Netflix and Amazon Prime (all for different reasons of course) arnt long for this planet.
You do know that Toonami still ranks basically at the very very very bottom of Adult Swim's show ratings for the week, right?

For example, if you go by the network's ratings for the week of July 22-28 (which was a week where Bleach drew 1.255 million and where Soul Eater and Sword Art Online only narrowly missed 1 milloin), Toonami's timeslots ranked:

61st (Bleach)
70th (Naruto)
101st (One Piece)
116th (Soul Eater)
125th (Sword Art Online)
142nd (Eureka seveN)
145th (IGPX)
148th (Big O)
149th (Inuyasha)
150th (Fullmetal Alchemist)
151st (Cowboy Bebop)
152nd (Inuyasha)

That's out of 152 available timeslots...

And just for a frame of reference, a 4 am rerun of Perfect Hair Forever ranked 69th that week.

You do know that Toonami still ranks basically at the very very very bottom of Adult Swim's show ratings for the week, right?

For example, if you go by the network's ratings for the week of July 22-28 (which was a week where Bleach drew 1.255 million and where Soul Eater and Sword Art Online only narrowly missed 1 milloin), Toonami's timeslots ranked:

61st (Bleach)
70th (Naruto)
101st (One Piece)
116th (Soul Eater)
125th (Sword Art Online)
142nd (Eureka seveN)
145th (IGPX)
148th (Big O)
149th (Inuyasha)
151st (Cowboy Bebop)
152nd (Inuyasha)

._______.

So, it may be rushed, but here's another fake bump of mines. Also, not sure if I shared this piece of imagination? :D

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
fixed. If you liked Hamtaro you a) couldn't have been over the age of 18. b) Have no male sexual organs, or the functionality of said organs is muted by estrogen or gender-replacement therapy or c) are a blind TONAMI fan who'll watch anything
as long as it's anime

gonna tell you now bro, the coffee symbol in my avatar is for k-on which im a fan of, you probably didnt think anything of me yet but you probably shouldnt have this opinion about people

LycanXIII

So I'm thinking this will be the last toonami sesh for OT5, right? We average ~2000 posts per Saturday night and are already pushing 17.5K total.

Why is it always that a new thread is needed the week AFTER a show premiere? We moved this one (I think, maybe it was 4) up a week for the start. Movie night is the 30/31st, right? Maybe we can extend this one for just one more week and christen the new one with the Movie night?

Novid

Banned

61st (Bleach)
70th (Naruto)
101st (One Piece)
116th (Soul Eater)
125th (Sword Art Online)
142nd (Eureka seveN)
145th (IGPX)
148th (Big O)
149th (Inuyasha)
151st (Cowboy Bebop)
152nd (Inuyasha)

And just for a frame of reference, a 4 am rerun of Perfect Hair Forever ranked 69th that week.

How get those ratings btw?

Here is all the ratings for the week July 29

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/highlights/28859/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-july-29-2013/

Might as well call Adult Swim The Seth MacFarlane block jeebus

Just for fun lets look at the 3:30AM slot for the week

60 ROBOT CHICKEN Mon 3:30AM- 3:45AM 15 1.0 1249
82 ROBOT CHICKEN Mon 3:45AM- 4:00AM 15 0.9 1098

79 ROBOT CHICKEN Tue 3:30AM- 3:45AM 15 0.9 1112
104 ROBOT CHICKEN Tue 3:45AM- 4:00AM 15 0.8 1023

62 ROBOT CHICKEN Wed 3:30AM- 3:45AM 15 0.9 1226
73 ROBOT CHICKEN Wed 3:45AM- 4:00AM 15 0.8 1140

65 CHILDRENS HOSPITAL Thu 3:30AM- 3:45AM 15 1.0 1192
89 NTSF:SD:SUV:: Thu 3:45AM- 4:00AM 15 0.9 1063

74 ROBOT CHICKEN Fri 3:45AM- 4:00AM 15 0.9 1133
58 ROBOT CHICKEN Fri 3:30AM- 3:45AM 15 1.0 1272

150 BIG O/AN Sat 3:30AM- 4:00AM 30 0.5 619

When you look at it this way, they should probably just cancel Toonami and replace it with more freaking reruns of Family Guy and Robot Chicken

Tenumi

Banned
People have been perm'd on NeoGAF for far less, I've been trying to ignore it as I was one of the people he was directly slandering

Well then, that makes me sad that no action has been taken on him. Frankly, NeoGAF could use less of people like him, in my opinion.

Novid

Banned
Here is all the ratings for the week July 29

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/highlights/28859/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-july-29-2013/

Might as well call Adult Swim The Seth MacFarlane block jeebus

Just for fun lets look at the 3:30AM slot for the week

60 ROBOT CHICKEN Mon 3:30AM- 3:45AM 15 1.0 1249
82 ROBOT CHICKEN Mon 3:45AM- 4:00AM 15 0.9 1098

79 ROBOT CHICKEN Tue 3:30AM- 3:45AM 15 0.9 1112
104 ROBOT CHICKEN Tue 3:45AM- 4:00AM 15 0.8 1023

62 ROBOT CHICKEN Wed 3:30AM- 3:45AM 15 0.9 1226
73 ROBOT CHICKEN Wed 3:45AM- 4:00AM 15 0.8 1140

65 CHILDRENS HOSPITAL Thu 3:30AM- 3:45AM 15 1.0 1192
89 NTSF:SD:SUV:: Thu 3:45AM- 4:00AM 15 0.9 1063

74 ROBOT CHICKEN Fri 3:45AM- 4:00AM 15 0.9 1133
58 ROBOT CHICKEN Fri 3:30AM- 3:45AM 15 1.0 1272

150 BIG O/AN Sat 3:30AM- 4:00AM 30 0.5 619

When you look at it this way, they should probably just cancel Toonami and replace it with more freaking reruns of Family Guy and Robot Chicken

Look guys im not angry at this.

What it tells me that Toonami got more goals to reach!

PentaMILL is just the BEGINNING!

Mature

And you haven't been following twitter.

Somebody said a meme that is related to DBZ.

Forshadowing, Forshadowing....
Actually, yeah, that tweet is pretty heavy handed. That acquisition would fit perfectly in line with the momentum. Though I'm sure it wouldn't please the people who are unhappy to see it turn into a Shonen block.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't want them to get Dragonball because the 3 hours are already pretty packed. Don't want to bump Soul Eater and SAO even farther down. Starting to have trouble staying up as is!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care too much about it being a shounen block, I just care about DBZ being done to death. Not to mention it would just show that they were full of shit about not making this a nostalgia block.

I mean, if you want to put it in the 5 am block with Inuyasha, that would be alright. But nobody acquires DBZ for that.

I don't care too much about it being a shounen block, I just care about DBZ being done to death. Not to mention it would just show that they were full of shit about not making this a nostalgia block.

I mean, if you want to put it in the 5 am block with Inuyasha, that would be alright. But nobody acquires DBZ for that.

If the plan is to use DBZ as a lure to get more people watching Toonami to help grow the block I can't really complain.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I would be completely OK with DBZ Kai taking Bleach's place once it ends. Or Soul Eater's.

Mature

The difference is, DBZ is synonymous with Toonami and would be a huge pull for people. Not to say I disagree about DBZ being done to death.

I'm pretty sure Nickelodeon still has the rights to all things Dragon Ball.

well, the contract they had was probably for whatever Funimation had licensed related to DBZ at the time so it's possible that Nickelodeon would have to re-negotiate for the Buu Saga since it didn't even exist yet.

BassForever said:
Bwuh? Where was this tweet?

near the top of DeMarco's twitter. seems pretty meaningless.

Novid

Banned
I'm pretty sure Nickelodeon still has the rights to all things Dragon Ball.

But how long is that contract? They bought the contract along with 4Kids back in 2011 - I imagine that the contract is almost done. And I don't believe Saban would hold DBZ again along side of Toonami for every long because Demarco will undercut him at every turn.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
well, the contract they had was probably for whatever Funimation had licensed related to DBZ at the time so it's possible that Nickelodeon would have to re-negotiate for the Buu Saga since it didn't even exist yet.

near the top of DeMarco's twitter. seems pretty meaningless.

*looks at DeMarco's Twitter* I think Novid was reading too deep into things.
Also, DeMarco is talking about Adventure Time and just happened to use a meme created by DBZ.

*looks at DeMarco's Twitter* I think Novid was reading too deep into things.
Also, DeMarco is talking about Adventure Time and just happened to use a meme created by DBZ.

Yeah I get that impression too, nothing in those tweets screams "pst DBZ coming to Toonami"

foxuzamaki

oh yeah im a member now officially as of today, so you dont have to keep hovering your mouse over the ban button over me seda

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
oh yeah im a member now officially as of today, so you dont have to keep hovering your mouse over the ban button over me seda

That just means he can't perm you for no reason anymore. It doesn't mean he can't make up a reason out of the blue and justify it later.

Considering Funimation has that Rock the Dragon set coming out, promoting it as what you saw on Toonami, do you think they brought those episodes to AS/Toonami to make a sweetheart deal in exchange to promoting the set?

Considering Funimation has that Rock the Dragon set coming out, promoting it as what you saw on Toonami, do you think they brought those episodes to AS/Toonami to make a sweetheart deal in exchange to promoting the set?

i honestly don't think it's DBZ. with the timing of DeMarco's one tweet, i'd imagine it has to do with Funimation and Sentai's acquisition announcements.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Maybe to replace Bleach, other than that it's WAY too badly paced. If by some miracle we could get DBZ Abridged I could live with that, otherwise keep it off the block.

Seda

Darn it, you're a member already? Missed my chance...

fixed. If you liked Hamtaro you a) couldn't have been over the age of 18. b) Have no male sexual organs, or the functionality of said organs is muted by estrogen or gender-replacement therapy or c) are a blind TONAMI fan who'll watch anything
as long as it's anime

Um, I would advise against similar posts like this. I like you Frankman but insults like this are asking for trouble~

foxuzamaki

what makes you think that will stop him?

That just means he can't perm you for no reason anymore. It doesn't mean he can't make up a reason out of the blue and justify it later.

It's after you lower your guard that the mods come and roast you
well, shit
Darn it, you're a member already? Missed my chance...

Um, I would advise against similar posts like this. I like you Frankman but insults like this are asking for trouble~

I work fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom