• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the only episode of The Boondocks that makes me uncomfortable - I've known people like Luna, and it's a little hard to shake the feeling of deja vu.

Heart she Holler is such a weird show, it must've cost nothing to make to get a second season. Patton must be doing it just to keep his nerd cred up.

Comedians absolutely love Williams Street, for some reason. I guess their shows are what comedians find funny. It rarely does anything for me.

Besides, he's the star - not many people can pass up a starring role. Same reason why Chris Elliott is heading into a third season of Eagleheart.

yami4ct

Yes I've heard a fair amount of praise about Jojo part 2.

Part 2 is probably my favorite arc of what I've read of JoJo thus far. It's a close race between Part 2 and Part 4. I really, really dislike Part 3 and Part 1 is flawed, but a good intro and really fun. Not sure how to feel about Part 5 yet, just getting started with it.

url

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
First episode of JoJo is good, but certainly a weaker part of the series. Just wait until you reach Part 2. Holy crap, one of the best anime action arcs of all time.

I don't like Fate/Zero as much as many. My problems with the first episode are the same problems I had with the rest of the first half of the show. It does have a couple of amazing characters and a great conclusion that help make it all worth it.

Steins;Gate is just great all around. It has a weak intro, but the end completely makes the entire ride worthwhile.
These sum up what I think about each show. Jojo Part 1 is okay, but it feels "meh" in comparison considering everything that happens in part 2 and beyond, which lives up to the "bizarre" & more, where as Part 1 feels....less bizarre. Not bad per se, but just not as good as compared to the rest of the series. Though as a set-up for Part 2, it still gets the job done.

I was rather surprised at how well Steins;Gate's dub was. Took a while to readjust from sub to dub, but I'm looking even more forward to rewatching the series knowing it's got a great English cast.

& now to randomly browse the internet until One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom