• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Episode 6 of FLCL runs a little long doesn't it? It's like 26 minutes or so.

I remember back in 2004ish when this was on AS, they mentioned that the only edit in the entire series was episode six to trim about a minute from its runtime. Nothing of substance was lost.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember back in 2004ish when this was on AS, they mentioned that the only edit in the entire series was episode six to trim about a minute from its runtime. Nothing of substance was lost.

They cut two things from the entire run:

One minor bit of censorship and the ending credits of episode six.

bigkrev

They cut two things from the entire run:

One minor bit of censorship and the ending credits of episode six.

Oh yeah, It's blurring
Kamon's balls a bit more than the original mosaic did in episode 6.

Also, in episode 2, Haruko says "shit!" at one point, which i'm sure will be edited as well. Only reason I know this is because I just rewatched the whole series on a whim today.

Guys, look who showed up in today's episode of Regular Show: http://twitter.com/McCordChristian/status/392455880920551424?p=v

ibmBNSzALQSab9.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Oh yeah, It's blurring
Kamon's balls a bit more than the original mosaic did in episode 6.

Also, in episode 2, Haruko says "shit!" at one point, which i'm sure will be edited as well. Only reason I know this is because I just rewatched the whole series on a whim today.

why ruin it, I know you seen it before but seeing it fresh again after a while with the crew would make it such a better experience D:

bigkrev

why ruin it, I know you seen it before but seeing it fresh again after a while with the crew would make it such a better experience D:

Cause ive already watched it 3 times this year. I bought it on Amazon streaming to watch on anything at anytime. It's like a 2 and a half hour commitment - like watching your favorite movie over and over!

The people on that Twitter were hilarious. People who never watched the show suddenly saying they'll watch it due to one random anime reference? LOL.

#PartOfTheProblem

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Cause ive already watched it 3 times this year. I bought it on Amazon streaming to watch on anything at anytime. It's like a 2 and a half hour commitment - like watching your favorite movie over and over!

haha I guess thats a good enough reason

Moaradin

It sounds like Paper Moon combined with the Kingdom Hearts theme.

Also, here's a cool pic of Soul Eater's B-Team (since they're not going to get the screen time they deserve... -.-)

wOZVyBA.jpg

Such a shame. Kilik has the coolest fucking weapons. I want to know more about those characters.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
** But Clone Wars didn't Air... ^^^^

The past few years, Funimation has mastered the way to distribute anime without it feeling like rape.

When FMA Brotherhood was new, it was 13 episodes on 2 blurays for 35 bucks. A year later, they put it out again, 4 Blurays holding 32 episodes, for 60 bucks. Now, you can get them on Amazon for 35-40 bucks, making it a total of 70ish dollars for all 64 episodes.

30-40 dollars is the perfect price for 13 episodes- it's the same price you would pay if you bought all the episodes a la carte on iTunes or Amazon, but you are getting extras, language options, and packaging. Charging any more is just an attempt to grab money from sad sacks willing to pay it.

Anime is so cheap now-a-days, haha. All while coming at higher quality. Though I miss the abundant DVD Era Extras.

Guys, look who showed up in today's episode of Regular Show: http://twitter.com/McCordChristian/status/392455880920551424?p=v

My eye caught that, but I didn't even notice it was Mechromancer dude. That makes it even better! I was waiting for Tom / SOMEONE to say something on-air about Bebop's finale on the block for a time... this kinda makes up for it, in a beautifully subtle way.

Awesome. Steve Blum is spike again.
edit; Pot of Thunder and Pot of Fire are funny names. I'll call them Tia and Tamera for short. :p

I was surprised when readin' Wiki's
To find out one of the Pots is a male, lol.
Kim leaves no impression with me whatsoever, but Kilik and Ox are quite cool and memorable.

Out of nowhere I start at a McDonalds about 30 minutes away at almost a dollar more then I would have been paid at the job that screwed me last week. Not sure how this will impact my toonami viewing though as I was literally just told i start this thursday at 9 lol

Seda

Out of nowhere I start at a McDonalds about 30 minutes away at almost a dollar more then I would have been paid at the job that screwed me last week. Not sure how this will impact my toonami viewing though as I was literally just told i start this thursday at 9 lol

At least you are employed, that's good

Have fun. :p
I'm still unemployed :(

Have you worked fast food before? I worked at Wendy's for a summer in high school and it wasn't too bad, the only hectic part was the lunch rush but that only lasted an hour or two. Glad you found a job, I'm still looking for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom