• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is going on in here

The toonami gaf you knew...never existed to begin with.
aizen_ss20.jpg

I barely pay attention to Bleach, what the hell is this Aizen meme?

Aizen is uber troll in the series with the power of complete hypnosis some of his gems include

-giving his vice captain a heart warming speech about how much she means to him, and then stabbing her in the stomach, walking outside, then one shotting most of the main cast

-having a fight with several gotei 13 captains who he over powers until they think of outside the box strategies to beat him... Only to find out the entire time they were fighting a weak girl named Momo while Aizen watched on the sidelines. This leads to a captain asking him "when did you use your power" to which Aizen replies "you should ask yourself, at what point was I not using my powers"

-revealing to Ichigo every single battle he's won and foe he's faced has been deliberately set up, Aizen has manipulated every battle so far to nurture Ichigo's hollowfication powers

And manga spoilers

-despite being chained up and imprisoned he was able to manipulate the current villains sense of time, making him run out of energy sooner then expected

So gaise how about dat Ace Attorney 5.

So good! In the middle of case 3 got to the second trial section. I'm not going to lie I continue to not suspect who the game wants me to suspect, I truly believe the killer is
prof mean, his ends justify the means mentality clearly conflicted with the victim, he has a far stronger motive for wanting to kill her. Game is trying too hard to make me want to accuse one of wood's friends

I'm trudging through Kingdom Hearts II and Shining Force (ios)

Strategy/Tactics rpgs are so perfect for iOS it boggles me we don't see more. Shining Force port was fantastic even if I'm a weirdo who prefers the gba version to the genesis one

I just beat Wild ARMs 4.

Gonna start Wild ARMs 5 tomorrow.

Is GCN/PS2 generation officially retro now?

Its been over 10 years so I'd say yes. None of the upcoming or currently released next gen systems can play those games Native

No offense to our friends over in AnimeGAF but I feel like that community is too large and decentralized. It's weird seeing people post reactions to certain episodes of series that not everyone in the thread is currently watching; I can't get over the feeling that it's a bunch of random talking points. Here in ToonamiGAF we have two scheduled blocks of shows we can live watch every weekend, that continuity and regularity makes us a more tight-knit group in my opinion. Another way to put it is that AnimeGAF is the huge popular nightclub in town where you go to have spontanious conversations with people you don't know very well while ToonamiGAF is the neighborhood bar where everyone knows your name. I'm not trying to say that one community is better than the other because that would be a silly argument. I guess I'm just trying to say that I really like the community that we've built here and even though we have our disagreements, everyone generally hold one another with a high level of respect. I have no problem spending most Saturday nights here instead of going out to party.

Everyone in animegaf knows each other too for the most part.

I'm playing basically a different game each day or 2, really tackling the backlog..really close to being completely clear.

I'll never clear my backlog lol too many open world games I own that I give no fucks about like destroy all humans which I got in a package deal with a ps2 when I needed to get a new one

Levyne

Banned
Um in the last 2 weeks I've finished Metro LL, Darksiders 2, WW HD, The Last Story, Alan Wake + American Nightmare, and I'll wrap up Festival of Blood tomorrow.

Out of all those I recommend most of them except Wake.

After will be Demon's Souls which I'm sure I'll have to park at for a bit. Already dead, etc.

Levyne

Banned
I'll never clear my backlog lol too many open world games I own that I give no fucks about like destroy all humans which I got in a package deal with a ps2 when I needed to get a new one

Oh. Maybe I am cheating the definition then but I have games like company of heroes or SR3 that I got in package deals that I bought for other games. Never had the intention to ever play them and would never buy them separately so I don't count them.

Um in the last 2 weeks I've finished Metro LL, Darksiders 2, WW HD, The Last Story, Alan Wake + American Nightmare, and I'll wrap up Festival of Blood tomorrow.

Out of all those I recommend most of them except Wake.

After will be Demon's Souls which I'm sure I'll have to park at for a bit. Already dead, etc.

Oh. Maybe I am cheating the definition then but I have games like company of heroes or SR3 that I got in package deals that I bought for other games. Never had the intention to ever play them and would never buy them separately so I don't count them.

Generally I try to 100% games or comes as close to 100% as I deem worthy ie I give no fucks about getting every statue in wind waker or finding every collectible in an open world game. The problem with open world games is that I end up wasting too much time doing nothing trying to find said collectibles and side missions that I get bored and never finish.

789shadow

Banned
Holy shit you guys:

First OT = 5 months
Second OT = 4 months
Third OT = 2 months
Fourth OT = 2 months
Fifth OT = 2 months
Sixth OT = 2 months
Seventh OT = almost 3/4ths of the way through and less than a month

We are going to knock out OT's in like 3 weeks soon at this rate.

Levyne

Banned
I've been better about that. Used to 100% most every game but I think I've been answering myself more honestly when I ask myself "am I really having fun doing this?". I'll still do it in games I like and most rpgs, but fuck getting all the thermoses in Wake or the instruments in Metro. It just becomes tedious seeking out x/y collectibles. And I realllly liked Metro.

Rpgs tend to focus more of actually completing things and less collection so I find that more rewarding anyways

I started out trying to "100%" just cause 2 at one point. Lol

EDIT: At the above, I blame Bass and fox

Seda

I do like how we have a fair Inuyasha crew now, haha. For a bit it felt like it was myself and Schadenfreude by ourselves with Meta, Lazybones, GMN, or others (sorry if I forgot you :() participating occasionally.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I do like how we have a fair Inuyasha crew now, haha. For a bit it felt like it was myself and Schadenfreude by ourselves with Meta, Lazybones, GMN, or others (sorry if I forgot you :() participating occasionally.

*Is forgotten*

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

>=/

I've watched at least 50% of InuYasha with you guys.

bigkrev

I can't fathom ruining my Sunday to stay up watching Inuyasha. I watched too much of it in High School on AS, I guess. At this point, I'd rather just YouTube up the first and second credit sequences.

MikeMyers

I only show up for Inuyasha GAF, even though I tend to watch all the shows on here besides SAO and Star Wars

Raxus

Last Saturday was an exception. I plan on trying my hardest to stay up for Inuyasha for the Band of Seven arc. Ghost in the Shell is a nice bonus too.

Yeah I shouldn't miss any more InuYasha, last weekend was mostly due to pain but I got perscription steroids so hopefully I should feel better by next weekend

To lurch this thread back to it's stated point for a post, the backdoor schedule no longer has anything listed for the DST hour - it's just the normal lineup.

Checking TV Guide and Zap2it, they list the DST hour as TBA.

As for my game backlog, I'm currently wrapping up the very first Ace Attorney game. Only took me a decade.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
To lurch this thread back to it's stated point for a post, the backdoor schedule no longer has anything listed for the DST hour - it's just the normal lineup.

As for my game backlog, I'm currently wrapping up the very first Ace Attorney game. Only took me a decade.

I am sure if brought to their attention they would claim another mix up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

It's possible they may have changed things. I feel like the decision to go with Inuyasha last year was a very late change from what had been originally indicated, though that might just be fuzzy memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom