• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got a metric ton of ONE PIECE to watch this weekend. I already am 16 episodes behind the new stuff but no one told me they started showing the season six subs as well. Looks like I have over 30 episodes in total to watch.

So did I miss something I thought CR was goin to have OP are they only going to add episodes from this point on or are they going to backlog the entire series?

Edit: Saw this posted in anime thread, wanted to post it here

iba6Mv96bJumIA.gif

so apparently the 3DS internet is never going to work at school. hurrah.

either way, my friend code is 5472-7573-2719 and you guys should post yours so i don't have to dig through the thread :D

LOLDSFAN

so apparently the 3DS internet is never going to work at school. hurrah.

either way, my friend code is 5472-7573-2719 and you guys should post yours so i don't have to dig through the thread :D

You don't have to dig through the thread, you can look at our profiles. :D

Levyne

Banned
I just couldn't think of a more serious response, that's all.

Looking forward to the extra hour of sleep Toonami this weekend :)

I forgot which DBZ character I was compared to, I think I insisted I be gohan
Bass is our Gohan, you're more Goten. The young newbie with immense posting power yet a lack of focus.

Goku - Schadenfruede
Gohan - Bass
Vegeta - Shard
Piccolo - Seda
Nail - Levyne
Future Trunks - Meta
Young Trunks - Kayos
Goten - Fox
Master Roshi - Andrex
Tien - Hehateme
Yamcha - Mangod
jk
King Kai - Batdan
Krillin - Bdubs

Bass is our Gohan, you're more Goten. The young newbie with immense posting power yet a lack of focus.

Goku - Schadenfruede
Gohan - Bass
Vegeta - Shard
Piccolo - Seda
Nail - Levyne
Future Trunks - Meta
Young Trunks - Kayos
Goten - Fox
Master Roshi - Andrex
Tien - Hehateme
Yamcha - Mangod
jk
King Kai - Batdan
Krillin - Bdubs

nowhere to be found.....Good

Should have more endorsement signatures on Saturday (will post on Sunday). And I was for sure that Toonami Aftermath shut down months ago, but much to my surprise, a couple of was handing out Toonami Aftermath stickers at the convention

I like how BassForever wanted to marathon InuYasha to catch up with us before the next arc and he's not even here.

A bum knee can sideline the best of us. I'm sure he's gonna be hitting up his streaming service of choice with a vengeance later.

Watching it now, better late then never

First episode was zzzzzzzz miroku demon shenanigans

Hopefully episode 2 is better

Edit: Koga episode? NOOOOOOOOO!

Edit2 : GitS SAC is exactly as I remember it from the few episodes I saw, anime L&O/CSI

So I guess I can now rank last weeks Toonami episodes

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Soul Eater
One Piece
FLCL
GitS
Naruto
InuYasha 2
Clone Wars
InuYasha 1
Bleach
IGPX
SAO

Seda

FLCL was certainly ... interesting. It's crazy of course and really wacky. I'm unsure if it is able to tell a compelling story with more of that style but I am going to make the damndest effort to understand what is happening.

I really enjoyed FLCL, I plan to watch episode 1 again tomorrow before Toonami

FLCL was certainly ... interesting. It's crazy of course and really wacky. I'm unsure if it is able to tell a compelling story with more of that style but I am going to make the damndest effort to understand what is happening.

My issue was not really understanding what was going on. The show starts of with Naota and his girlfriend underneath a bridge fooling around. Then out of nowhere that crazy woman comes and hits him on the head with her guitar giving him a horn like thing?

We found out Naota's girlfriend is poor and eats the leftover bread from the bakery. After hearing this from his mother, Naota rushes to the bridge to find her and she basically tells him she likes his brother more. Ouch.

Two robots come out of Naota's head and start fighting until crazy lady smashes the shit out of them with her guitar.

...What?

I'm not saying it was a bad first episode, just that I enjoyed GitS more. Can't wait to see where this goes with you guys tomorrow night.

My issue was not really understanding what was going on. The show starts of with Naota and his girlfriend underneath a bridge fooling around. Then out of nowhere that crazy woman comes and hits him on the head with her guitar giving him a horn like thing?

We found out Naota's girlfriend is poor and eats the leftover bread from the bakery. After hearing this from his mother, Naota rushes to the bridge to find her and she basically tells him she likes his brother more. Ouch.

Two robots come out of Naota's head and start fighting until crazy lady smashes the shit out of them with her guitar.

...What?

I'm not saying it was a bad first episode, just that I enjoyed GitS more. Can't wait to see where this goes with you guys tomorrow night.

Yeah you missed a few things, that girl isn't Naota's GF it's his older brother's GF. Naota's older brother is off in American playing baseball. She always liked the brother, she freaked out when Naota told her he had a new GF in America.

Yeah you missed a few things, that girl isn't Naota's GF it's his older brother's GF. Naota's older brother is off in American playing baseball. She always liked the brother, she freaked out when Naota told her he had a new GF in America.

I assumed she had started a relationship with Naota after his brother went off to play baseball. I mean, in the opening scene they're laying underneath a bridge and she gives him hickies. That's usually not something close female friends do unless they're in a relationship. At least I think that's how it works out..

Seda

And apparently the freakout caused robots to appear out of Naota's head (or perhaps the timing was a coinicidence). One robot defeated the other and then Haruko hit the first, changed its color, and that robot was seen working in the bakery. Was this Haruko's intent the whole time? To get a robot to appear out of Naota's head and 'convert' it?

I might rewatch the episode too, one thing I'm confused about is if Naota was specifically 'targeted' by Haruko or if he was just 'the first she saw' (I think she said that).

I bet FLCL vets are laughing at our speculations :/

I assumed she had started a relationship with Naota after his brother went off to play baseball. I mean, in the opening scene they're laying underneath a bridge and she gives him hickies. That's usually not something close female friends do unless their in a relationship. At least I think that's how it works out..

I imagine there is something more to that, IIRC she said she needed to do that to "control herself" or something and when Naota revealed at the end the older brother has a new gf in America she said she was "losing control" and that's when the Robots start flying out of Naota's forehead. I get the feeling this is a series we're gonna have to see twice to fully understand what's going on.

I bet FLCL vets are laughing at our speculations :/

Of course they are lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
And watching and watching, consult TVTropes and Wikipedia as needed, FLCL will make more and more sense. I think this may be one of the problems I am having with The Overrated Kyousougiga, they are going out of their way to make that show "make sense."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom