• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
The last time someone posted anime stuff on my wall it was praising Sao as legit one of the best anime he had seen in years. After a bit of discussion he claimed I was a hater.

What did you say to him about it? I see everyone bash the show, I'm only at episode 3... did it take longer than that for most people to drop it?

What did you say to him about it? I see everyone bash the show, I'm only at episode 3... did it take longer than that for most people to drop it?

I pointed out the show was nothing more then harem fantasy male power pandering bs with an awful protagonist, tons of wasted potential, inconsistent writing, etc you know the standard list of everything wrong with SAO. I also rattled off a list of far better anime that had aired or was airing.

Most people gave up on the show at around the half way mark apparently. Most of us have thought it was pretty dumb from episode 2.

He did back down and admit the second half wasn't very good, but he was convinced I was a hater or over hyped the show or some shenanigans lol

Seda

I only use facebook for close friends and family.

And the few friends who watch anime barely post anime stuff on there.

bigkrev

My rule is "If I don't know you IRL, I don't friend you". And my friends who do enjoy anime aren't going to be posting stupid shit online, like defending SAO

I always hate when people think actual criticism=hating. So stupid.

You don't like what I like!? You must be a hater!

I have something like 800+ friends on facebook (yes, I know them all) but the only anime related things I see posted are DBZ clips and the occasional status referencing the shadow realm.

bigkrev

I've added a few people from internet forums to FB. They cool.

Its probably because FB was a lifesaver when I was in college (because I am shit with names and faces, a book of faces was useful!), that I view it like that.

I have a twitter account for the masses though!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Twitter's my main news feed, plus a small amount of people I know, either real life, online, or both. Stayed away from Facebook for a few reasons, plus it's easier to just check stuff on Twitter compared to Facebook.

You don't like what I like!? You must be a hater!
HE'S A BEATER HATER.

Tenumi

Banned
So I watched my recordings from Saturday, impressions inbound.

Bleach: Filler arc, start. Woo hoo...

Naruto: I admittedly didn't pay much attention, but Naruto battling now? Hurray for plot movement!

One Piece: Again, didn't pay as much attention, I was trying to catch up on the manga at the same time. But... I take it I didn't miss terribly much

Soul Eater: Excaliber. I think that's all that needs to be said.

Sword Art Online: *Sigh* Any time the word Beater is used, the air completely deflates from a scene. Cannot take it serious anymore. Also, Stupid harem protagonist is stupid.

You should have been here for One Piece on Saturday, once we got through the Foxy crap and into canon; the thread EXPLODED with excitement. This is why I love toonami gaf:

IT'S HAPPENING!

OMG IT'S HAPPENING

And here we go.

:DDDD Finally!!!

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! Sweet, sweet canon.

It's hiiiiiim!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen. Presenting the pimp of the Marines!

Aokiji!

HOLY CRAP, ROBIN SHOWED EMOTION.

AND HERE

WE

GOOOOOOOOOOOO

These next ~50 weeks of Water 7 goodness is going to be an amazing ride with everyone here.

You should have been here for One Piece on Saturday, once we got through the Foxy crap and into canon; the thread EXPLODED with excitement. This is why I love toonami gaf:

These next ~50 weeks of Water 7 goodness is going to be an amazing ride with everyone here.

If everyone is like you'll they'll all rush ahead about half way through water 7 and then it'll be a surprise for no one lol

If everyone is like you'll they'll all rush ahead about half way through water 7 and then it'll be a surprise for no one lol

Ha, I just hope everyone else has more self control. Now that we're actually to the good stuff I kind of wish I had waited to see this arc with you guys. But then again, the year long wait to get through the whole thing would be excruciating...

As long as it's not ~50 weeks of constant hinting and "This part is awesome!!!", I'm all in.

We really need to put a stop to that :/ I know I'm guilty of it as well though I'm going to make an effort to curb that unless I know everyone who's watching has already seen it before ala cowboy bebop.

As long as it's not ~50 weeks of constant hinting and "This next scene is awesome!!!", I'm all for it.

In our defense, we weren't exactly hyping up any particular scene or character but more the fact that filler was finally ending and we were getting to canon stuff. We already know not to do the hyping thing for scenes and characters.

Seda

As long as it's not ~50 weeks of constant hinting and "This next scene is awesome!!!", I'm all for it.

Agree. Especially with One Piece as it is clear there are a fair number of people here who havent seen it. (including me)

I might be guilty of teasing FMA too much but much less people are watching that.

In our defense, we weren't exactly hyping up any particular scene or character but more the fact that filler was finally ending and we were getting to canon stuff. We already know not to do the hyping thing for scenes and characters.

Yesterday was fine - I think one person said the next episode is one of their favorites, which is also fine. As long as it's not the teasing like "You guys have to see the next episode it will be amazeballs you will be sucked!"

mhs004

Really hype for next week not just OP but everything. SAO can go fuck itself though I'm muting it and watch kuroko no basket instead.

Yeah the hinting gets out of control sometimes. Soul Eater had the same problem but that seems to have died down; hopefully the same thing will happen with One Piece.

Really hype for next week not just OP but everything. SAO can go fuck itself though I'm muting it and watch kuroko no basket instead.

You're already in this deep, might as well finish the rest of season 1

Necrovex

One Piece is finally starting on that epic Water 7 saga? You guys are in for a major treat,
including some awful-ass pacing. That second half of Water 7.

Seda

Yeah the hinting gets out of control sometimes. Soul Eater had the same problem but that seems to have died down; hopefully the same thing will happen with One Piece.

The Soul Eater teasing isn't a problem anymore. I've been completely blind going into these episodes (other than obvious stuff like the title of the last one indicating it was an Excalibur episode.)

This is a good thing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I use to have anime stuff on my fb all the time, but for some reason that has decreased exponentially this year

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
One Piece is finally starting on that epic Water 7 saga? You guys are in for a major treat,
including some awful-ass pacing. That second half of Water 7.

and that is one of the reasons I didnt get into this arc as much as everyone else. and its going ot be worse because I have to do this weekly instead of marathon it D:

and that is one of the reasons I didnt get into this arc as much as everyone else. and its going ot be worse because I have to do this weekly instead of marathon it D:

Honestly the pacing isn't a problem in OP until the major arc following the current one. One to one pacing isn't as bad in w7/el as so much happens each episode I don't want to imagine it condensed down.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Prepare yourselves, brothers: http://aniplexusa.com/contest/
Oh god, that grand prize, is that....

Vkt.png

Seda

Individual show pacing issues are slightly alleviated by having the shows in a block such as Toonami - if one show slows down, hopefully another stays interesting in the meantime. This is also related to why I hope Toonami keeps a few shorter (as in, not 100+ episode series) in the rotation. Right now, it's basically just Soul Eater, Sword Art Online and IGPX (and other ASA catalog shows)

How can you guys say you don't want one of those 3D viewer things? I have a ton of 3D games for my PS3 that I can't play in 3D because no 3D tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom