• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So 30 seconds in I can already tell episode 68 is filler without even checking. A Shippo episode where the villain challenges Shippo?

Edit: Fuck this episode skipped

I wish they had done more filler in the modern times. Those episodes were always great, but I'm pretty sure they were all also cannon. Wasted potential.

I wish they had done more filler in the modern times. Those episodes were always great, but I'm pretty sure they were all also cannon. Wasted potential.

Some of them are filler for sure because it's the only reason I watched them with everyone a few weeks ago

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Some of them are filler for sure because it's the only reason I watched them with everyone a few weeks ago

Are you sure? I know the manga used modern time stuff to give a short breather between arcs.

EDIT: Oh yea the Souta stuff. Those were fun, they should have done more of that sort of thing.

psst, guys who watch One Piece. is there any filler worth watching after Enies Lobby?

I'd say the Ice Hunter arc is enjoyable, along with the Toriko cross over episodes. The filler arc that ties into film Z is pretty enjoyable as well. Little East Blue and Spa island arcs are garbage though don't watch them.

I'd say the Ice Hunter arc is enjoyable, along with the Toriko cross over episodes. The filler arc that ties into film Z is pretty enjoyable as well. Little East Blue and Spa island arcs are garbage though don't watch them.

hm. i skipped the Ice Hunter arc. maybe i'll go back and give it a look once i'm through Thriller Bark.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wait. By 1-1, you mean a chapter per episode? If so, I feel bad for anyone who is watching the anime.

Pretty much, that said it could be worse since One Piece chapters tend to be sort of beefy so it doesn't feel like they turned 10 seconds into 24 minutes. It's nowhere near as bad as when Bleach went 1-1.

The water seven filler is actually decent. The arc directly after that is AWFUL.

What? The water seven filler was completely out of place and ruined the ongoing tension of that arc. Ice Hunters isn't awful by any stretch of the imagination, it's only real flaw is that its a "longer" filler arc.

ibgldiO38zZ4TG.gif

So funimation just released a new trailer for the Water 7 dub which is apparently all finished. I won't link to it for obvious reasons but you guys can find it on their youtube channel.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Impressions from the first episode of Log Horizen: there seems to be alot of lolis running around, also it is handling the actual MMO element better than SAO, its also interesting to note that they never know if they really do die irl or not, should add some good tension later on. Being in a world where all the food taste the same and not even good is a depressing world, but there seems to be a guy in the ending credits
and at the end of the first episode who choosed to be an anima
l who looked to be good a cooking, so they probably have a cooking skill they can upgrade.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just as a reminder for the watchblock for the new and old peeps. If you care to join send me a PM.

Anyway, next time the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature Saki going... HAM? in Valvrave, Jojo recoverying after all that WRYYYYYY in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, "RIDER ENTERS THE FRAY" in Fate/Zero, stoner Kirito doing stoner stuff with a loli in Darker than Black, and more bananas and "I don't get it" in Steins;Gate. All of this starts at 9:00pm EDT Saturday!

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 6 - Saki's Comeback!
9:25 - Valvrave the Liberator - 7 - Haruto Under the Rubble
9:50 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 4 - Overdrive
10:15 - Fate/Zero - 5 - The Vicious Beast Roars
10:40 - Darker than Black - 3 - A New Star Shines in the Dawn Sky... (Part 1)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 4 - Interpreter Rendezvous

P.S. This is the actual schedule. No lying bullshit smoke and mirrors apparently.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
LICH KING DEMARCO ‏@Clarknova1 49m

"Director Kazuya Tsuramaki responded to criticism of FLCL, stating 'comprehension should not be an important factor in FLCL.'" Yup. #Toonami

SOON

Seda

I realize now that I have seen one episode of FLCL. No idea which it was. But I certainly didn't comprehend it.

Raxus

I loooooove GitS season 1 but I never sat down and watched 2nd GiG. It is a shame because it had a great story but I only caught a few episodes. I look forward to watching it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom