• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

Prize B looks like the best value.

I hear the Sony 3D viewer isn't the best. Besides why have that when the Oculus will give us the actual SAO experience.

I play the Power of the Waifu card which causes any female character cards to fall in love with me.

You activated my trap card, Loli love interest which enables my FBI card to instantly destroy all waifu on your side of the field!

Prize B looks like the best value.

I hear the Sony 3D viewer isn't the best. Besides why have that when the Oculus will give us the actual SAO experience.

It's only the best value because it's insanely over priced. It shouldn't cost nearly $400 to own a 25 episode anime on blu ray

Individual show pacing issues are slightly alleviated by having the shows in a block such as Toonami - if one show slows down, hopefully another stays interesting in the meantime. This is also related to why I hope Toonami keeps a few shorter (as in, not 100+ episode series) in the rotation. Right now, it's basically just Soul Eater, Sword Art Online and IGPX (and other ASA catalog shows)

i dunno, even Soul Eater feels pretty long.

Seda

~50 episodes certainly is long at one episode a week, I suppose I was speaking relatively compared to the long haul of Naruto, One Piece (or Fairy Tail?)

I haven't had an issue with Soul Eater's pacing at all anyways.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Last night was episode 33 out of 51. I'd consider that a bit long as well, considering most anime I watch is about 12-ish or 24-ish episodes. I do understand Seda's point in having some animes that're shorter compared to stuff like One Piece, Bleach, & Naruto.

I play the Power of the Waifu card which causes any female character cards to fall in love with me.

Fufufufu...you walked straight into my trap card. NOW GO, SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT!

SwordsofRevealingLight-SDBE-EN-C-1E.png

Looks like you're trapped for 3 turns while I collect all the waifus

bigkrev

The people who play that card game at my LGS are... Not people you want anything to do with. Would it shock you that many of them have neckbeards?

I feel like the top 2-3 slots of Toonami being bread maker shonen that last a long time is the right move. Putting shorter hot ticket anime like SAO at 1:30-3:00 also makes sense to me. After 3 should mostly be reruns or failed anime that get banished

The people who play that card game at my LGS are... Not people you want anything to do with. Would it shock you that many of them have neckbeards?

i walked into a Wal-Mart and for some reason they were having a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament at the cafe in the back. this was at the height of the show's popularity, so a worrying amount of children were calling out their plays very, very loudly.

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh TCG since I was 12 or 13 but would definitely do so now if I had people to play with that didn't take it too seriously.

I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh TCG since I was 12 or 13 but would definitely do so now if I had people to play with that didn't take it too seriously.

YGO is still a blast to play, I'm praying for an English release for the 3DS with online play. I don't think there has been an English YGO game that's had XYZs in them.

bigkrev

i walked into a Wal-Mart and for some reason they were having a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament at the cafe in the back. this was at the height of the show's popularity, so a worrying amount of children were calling out their plays very, very loudly.

YGO is still a blast to play, I'm praying for an English release for the 3DS with online play. I don't think there has been an English YGO game that's had XYZs in them.

I wasn't talking about YGO- that is a totally different crowd made up of white kids under 12, white kids under 17 in Fedoras, and black guys in their early 20s. Our store doesn't run other events when YGO runs, not because of space considerations but because these people will steal anything not bolted down to the ground.

I was talking about the Weiss Schwartz game, which is just underage anime girls in compromising poses: the card game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh I agree, for $80 dollars I should get the whole series.
Seriously, especially since a 20-ish episode season of an American show usually is about $40. I get there's licensing issues, some additional goodies, and all that, but for $500+, that should be for something like the entire or half the series of One Piece or something. Hell, I remember years back at Sam Goody, it was $30 for FLCL on DVD for TWO EPISODES. That meant almost $100 for all 6 episodes on 3 separate discs!!

Seriously, especially since a 20-ish episode season of an American show usually is about $40. I get there's licensing issues, some additional goodies, and all that, but for $500+, that should be for something like the entire or half the series of One Piece or something. Hell, I remember years back at Sam Goody, it was $30 for FLCL on DVD for TWO EPISODES. That meant almost $100 for all 6 episodes on 3 separate discs!!

I got the entire series on blu ray for $20 last year lol

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well the same author went on to write accel world which everyone likes better so maybe we should add that to the preblock after SAO ends

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm sort of sad that Aniplex USA didn't bother to include the light novels that came with the japanese releases. Ugh. W/e.

Well the same author went on to write accel world which everyone likes better so maybe we should add that to the preblock after SAO ends

They have tie-ins sort of but not really. You don't have to watch SAO to AW.

Accel world better, i dont know about that.

all the chaacters take thier video game wayyyyy to seriously. coulndt stand it.
also main character had waifus hangin off his arms and he was more a wimp the krito

So I'm confused, I remember seeing a scene from InuYasha a long time ago where Koga
lost the jewel shards in his legs and retired from fighting Naraku
however in episode 66
that happened, but I know this wasn't the same scene I saw back then
. So does Koga
get them back here... only to lose them again? Or am I misremembering something I saw a long time ago

Log Horizon may be the cure for this.

Log Horizon gets trapped in the MMO a lot better, but the bigger appeal for me in SAO was die in the game = die in real life the only way to escape is to beat the game. LH seems set up more like an actual MMO where there is no real ending based upon the conversations in the first episode, in addition we're not even sure if death in the game = death in real life yet.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
That is another thing I like about Log Horizon, we are learning as the characters learn, and there is no asshole spelling out the premise for shits and giggles. Indeed we are not even sure they are trapped in an MMO or an alternate dimension yet.

That is another thing I like about Log Horizon, we are learning as the characters learn, and there is no asshole spelling out the premise for shits and giggles. Indeed we are not even sure they are trapped in an MMO or an alternate dimension yet.

Fair enough, makes the series more of an adventure this way

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll probably check out the first episode of Log Horizon tonight or so. Sounds like SAO, but much better execution.

So I'm confused, I remember seeing a scene from InuYasha a long time ago where Koga
lost the jewel shards in his legs and retired from fighting Naraku
however in episode 66
that happened, but I know this wasn't the same scene I saw back then
. So does Koga
get them back here... only to lose them again? Or am I misremembering something I saw a long time ago

Koga loses the shards again, yes.

So 30 seconds in I can already tell episode 68 is filler without even checking. A Shippo episode where the villain challenges Shippo?

Edit: Fuck this episode skipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom