• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to religiously watch the Fox Saturday morning cartoon block and vividly remember sitting in my basement watching the One Piece premiere. It was in September of 2004 if memory serves me correct...but even back then I knew the dub was complete garbage.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If only Funi had picked it up back then.

Sure the voice cast wouldn't have been as good; Funi was hitting their stride in 2004 but ADV and other companies were still around and splitting the non guild VA talent so they weren't the voice acting superpower they are now.

On the other hand though we'd probably only be a year or so behind if it had run all the way through that period.

EDIT: Pirate Rap is the only good thing from that dub. Too bad the rest of the localization was hot garbage.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fox Block is the graveyard of failed anime localizations, most of them by 4 Kids.

Kids WB meanwhile only butchered DBZ which was available elsewhere and Cardcaptors.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I watched both kids WB and the fox box, neither of these exist anymore, so I feel bad for children everywhere.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes.

It's amazing that two different takes on the same subject matter could turn out so well.

Meanwhile Negima, a premise that is tailor made to make a great anime has two AWFUL adaptations.

Seriously how do you mess up anime Harry Potter TWICE?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
of the 9 episodes of hajime no ippo that I've seen, Ive noticed that every scene that has takamaru are the best scenes.

Hehateme's avatar makes me laugh.
God like cartoon too.

image.php

image.php

Hehateme. His avatar before this one was great too but I can't remember what it was.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom