• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also, I didn't think the ninjas did straight assassination jobs. That'd be something to hire Zabuza for.

That's the crazy thing; Leaf and all the other villages will take assassination gigs, even immoral ones. The author spells all that shit out early and then completely ignores it with classic comic book good versus evil plots the rest of the run.

Thought you guys might enjoy this:

tumblr_muhxdmEcpt1r80pjmo1_500.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just as a reminder for the watchblock for the new and old peeps. If you care to join send me a PM.

Anyway, next time the Toonami Pre-Show Watchblock will feature Saki going... HAM? in Valvrave, Jojo recoverying after all that WRYYYYYY in Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, "RIDER ENTERS THE FRAY" in Fate/Zero, stoner Kirito doing stoner stuff with a loli in Darker than Black, and more bananas and "I don't get it" in Steins;Gate. All of this starts at 9:00pm EDT Saturday!

9:00 - Valvrave the Liberator - 6 - Saki's Comeback!
9:25 - Valvrave the Liberator - 7 - Haruto Under the Rubble
9:50 - JoJo's Bizzare Adventure - 4 - Overdrive
10:15 - Fate/Zero - 5 - The Vicious Beast Roars
10:40 - Darker than Black - 3 - A New Star Shines in the Dawn Sky... (Part 1)
11:05 - Steins;Gate - 4 - Interpreter Rendezvous

P.S. This is the actual schedule. No lying bullshit smoke and mirrors apparently.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Playing Wind Waker HD the other day, Excalibur-face was the very first thing to pop in my head at this point.

jbnhK5wD0Sew1q.png

Oh lord it really is Excalibur face. Oh, just a note, you can make that face when you take a selfie so you know what to do Seda!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God is a lurker confirmed.

WW Link is so expressive.

WW Link is the most expressive videogame character ever.

I used to be a guy who loved Toonami yet only visited this thread during the week because I was too busy/too exhausted to keep up with the 12-6am marathon. Now my schedule has changed and I can watch the block freely and probably will do so this weekend. Only thing keeping me from commenting this weekend is being too busy playing Pokémon X!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ill end up playing Pokemon probably 9 hours before the pre show. I never got around to playing white 2 despite loving white 1. Why is my back log almost entirely 40 hour jrpgs :(

I've basically cleared/given up on my backlog from systems older than the Wii and cleared most of the games from 2012 or before but work picking up+money picking up so I could buy more games+sweet sweet lure of digital Nintendo games+Fire Emblem being too damn good this time around has completely hosed my schedule which is also filled with giant JRPGs.

This month in particular has been poisonous. I'm barely into RF 4, have yet to boot up EO 1 remake, going to buy DS:O and ignore it for a year and didn't even finish WW HD. Pokémon X will keep me busy for three months and I'll still be left with Phoenix Wright and other stuff.

I'm glad as hell that moe moe PS3 JRPGs do nothing for me or else I'd have a giant back catalog of those and I'm actually happy that FF X HD and Donkey Kong were pushed to next year.

I've basically cleared/given up on my backlog from systems older than the Wii and cleared most of the games from 2012 or before but work picking up+money picking up so I could buy more games+sweet sweet lure of digital Nintendo games+Fire Emblem being too damn good this time around has completely hosed my schedule which is also filled with giant JRPGs.

This month in particular has been poisonous. I'm barely into RF 4, have yet to boot up EO 1 remake, going to buy DS:O and ignore it for a year and didn't even finish WW HD. Pokémon X will keep me busy for three months and I'll still be left with Phoenix Wright and other stuff.

I'm glad as hell that moe moe PS3 JRPGs do nothing for me or else I'd have a giant back catalog of those and I'm actually happy that FF X HD and Donkey Kong were pushed to next year.

I haven't played a single EO game despite owning the first one and planning to buy/play them all :(

Also never played a single persona despite owning 3FES and 4, never played either Dark Cloud and own both, never touched FF13-2, Suikoden 5, The Last Story, or Sticker Star.

I've still not finished despite starting Xenoblade, Grandia 1 (own the 2 haven't touched), Suikoden 4, Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, etc etc D:

D: D: D:

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finish Xenoblade and play the EO games. Grandia 1 and 2 are pretty good. Last Story is at least short so you can play that as well.

Most of the rest of those I've cleared and none of them are that special.

My current backlog is: Sticker Star, Dream Team, EO Untold Story, RF IV, Luigi's Mansion 2, WW HD, Resident Evil Revelations, some more work in White 2, The last three Layton games, Unchained Blades, Soul Hackers, Star Fox 64 3D, both Devil Survivor games, a bit more in Harvest Moon: A New Beginning and about a dozen fairly long VC games on Wii, Wii U and 3DS I need to beat again or for the first time.

3D World, FF X|X-2 HD, PW5 (I'll probably drop everything even Pokémon and marathon this one) Donkey Kong, Bravely Default, Link to the Past 2 round out the purchases for the next six months or so.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I even got the collectors edition of Last Story :X

It takes up so much space and people always ask how it is and I say "uhhh dunno lol"
Same here. I got it at launch, checked out the book & listened to the CD, but never got around to playing it. Didn't help it was the summer I had a temp job, so it was hard to get into a gaming mood without feeling like I'd have to rush or keep checking the clock to see how much longer I had until I had to leave.

Need to work on KH HD as well & finish up achievements in Killer is Dead, but college is making it hard to get into a gaming mood aside from getting a good pick-up-&-play session of Lumines on my Vita.

...I also should get around to finally beating Dragon's Crown as my first character...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
play the last story, its pretty great, contained story, and quick to finish, plus theres tons of stuff you can do in town, also TLS' town music is some of my favorite town music of all time, dunno why its very atmospheric and melancholy to me

MikeMyers

No. The best part of Naruto is
the Sasuke retrieval arc
This is a close second though. (Naruto spoilers)

Everything in the anime is too dragged out, naruto is probably the first shonen jump anime adaptation that I feel is truly in all facets worse then the manga.

I don't mind that addition, heck most of the fight additions are fine. The issue with the naruto anime is the constant flash backs and people giving big speeches in their mind about "how much naruto has grown" etc. when you're having a 60 second flash back to the attack we just saw 5 minutes ago something has gone horribly wrong

I agree with these.

The manga has a lot of flashbacks but thankfully they are easier to skip over in the manga.

play the last story, its pretty great, contained story, and quick to finish, plus theres tons of stuff you can do in town, also TLS' town music is some of my favorite town music of all time, dunno why its very atmospheric and melancholy to me
Yeah, TLS is pretty awesome. Get to it, Bass.

Yeah, TLS is pretty awesome. Get to it, Bass.

Well I just beat the rage inducing final boss of Kirby Dream Land 2, tonight I'll watch a bunch of InuYasha to be caught up*

Then tomorrow is Pokemon Y time

After that maybe I'll let Toonami GAF/Twitter decide which game I play next.

If anyone else hasn't played TLS I'll race them that might be fun

*I won't watch like the 2 filler episodes I missed two weeks ago and the episodes I skipped, but I'll have seen all filler

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Despite pokemon the preshow will go ahead as planned. The preshow committee apologizes LOlOLoLoLOOLOL. Myah.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
We should have a special pokemon orgins showing to celebrate giving nintendo money, I mean pokemon x and y launching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom