• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Ba9lvgy.png

sKWRPYS.jpg

Funny guess what tomorrow's theme is?

SOON.

Valvrave can't get any dumber can it?

soon_honey_beer_bottle.jpg

SAO has reached rock bottom?

tumblr_l8eexgsw341qa1id2o1_500.jpg

Well how hype is the next Fate Zero and One Piece?

FmnRi.jpg

Fucking Slippy I wish someone would just punch the shit out of him.

soon.jpg

Naruto's fight concludes and...

9aa.jpg

And Cowboy Beebop will be over...

enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A word on One Piece plot organization:

One Piece is made up of a handful of major overarching Sagas. These are usually pretty well defined by a common theme, and they are comprised of multiple smaller Arcs.

Thus far One Piece has gone through the East Blue Saga (obviously encompassing everything that occurred in East Blue), the Baroque Works Saga (everything from the entrance to the Grand Line all the way through the Arabasta Arc), the Sky Island Saga (comprised of the Jaya and Skypiea Arcs), and now starting the
CP9
Saga (which really began with Davy Back Fight, though the anime muddies the waters on the actual start of things).

This week's episode is still part of the Foxy's Return Arc in the anime (or Davy Back Fight in the manga, as these events actually originally transpired on Long Ring Long Land immediately after the Sexy Foxy set off) and is a part of the
CP9
Saga. The Water 7 Arc, which is the first major arc of the Saga, starts in two weeks.

Clear?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

One Piece is made up of a handful of major overarching Sagas. These are usually pretty well defined by a common theme, and they are comprised of multiple smaller Arcs.

Thus far One Piece has gone through the East Blue Saga (obviously encompassing everything that occurred in East Blue), the Baroque Works Saga (everything from the entrance to the Grand Line all the way through the Arabasta Arc), the Sky Island Saga (comprised of the Jaya and Skypiea Arcs), and now starting the
CP9
Saga (which really began with Davy Back Fight, though the anime muddies the waters on the actual start of things).

This week's episode is still part of the Foxy's Return Arc in the anime (or Davy Back Fight in the manga, as these events actually originally transpired on Long Ring Long Land immediately after the Sexy Foxy set off) and is a part of the
CP9
Saga. The Water 7 Arc, which is the first major arc of the Saga, starts in two weeks.

Clear?

Pretty much this.
Basically, Toei fucked things up around here. In the manga, Aokiji showed up immediately after Foxy left. There was no memory-stealing seahorse, or Foxy reappearing in a Team Rocket machine.

CP9

CP9

Clear?

I'm just glad we're finally getting to the good stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd honestly put the entirety of Season 5 of Naruto over this part, but this is definitely the second best part of Naruto.

Two solid good years of OP lie ahead though.

Seda

We're in the best part of Naruto and One Piece

Naruto vague spoilers
I really don't care for the Naruto/Kiba bout here, but I did like the forest section for the most part. The upcoming episodes of the last few prelims, training, and third round exam bouts I do remember enjoying a fair bit, we'll see how they hold up. So far everything has been about how I remember it, so it probably will.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Since making it to episode 13, I have to agree.

You're only at episode 13? That's not even close to the high point of the series. If you like it now you'll absolutely love it later on. Ippo's fights really get fucking great as the anime goes on. (Big Spoilers)
Takamura's World Title fights are the greatest fights in all of anime, bar none.
(Big Spoilers)

Naruto vague spoilers
I really don't care for the Naruto/Kiba bout here, but I did like the forest section for the most part. The upcoming episodes of the last few prelims, training, and third round exam bouts I do remember enjoying a fair bit, we'll see how they hold up. So far everything has been about how I remember it, so it probably will.

It should hold up pretty well considering what character gets introduced. Every arc with him is amazing.

Seda

Naruto's kinda sucked since it started up this tournament stuff, give or take two decent episodes.

I agree with you, other than Shikamaru's 15 minutes the other matches aren't very interesting.

I don't mean to 'tease' but I think most people would agree that two upcoming matches and events in the third part of the exam are better than what we've seen.

Seda

I think the Zabuza arc is decent, the part where Haku has them stuck in her his mirrors jutsu lasted a bit too long.

I think the Zabuza arc is decent, the part where Haku has them stuck in her his mirrors jutsu lasted a bit too long.

Everything in the anime is too dragged out, naruto is probably the first shonen jump anime adaptation that I feel is truly in all facets worse then the manga.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everything in the anime is too dragged out, naruto is probably the first shonen jump anime adaptation that I feel is truly in all facets worse then the manga.

The manga can be hard to follow at times as the artstyle doesn't really give the right feeling of a high speed battle.

What about Eyeshield 21? I heard that anime was horrid.

From what I can see it starts fine and doesn't have any pacing issues, they just cut, change, and edit parts of the story including never actually getting to the
Christmas Bowl.
but I've not seen it outside of a few episodes.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, I really enjoyed the (spoilers for the end of the first series)
Naruto vs Sasuke fight near the waterfall

Thought it didn't drag much, and had some great action.

I get what you're saying. They don't even show Temari and Tenten fighting in the manga. So many unnecessary additions.

I don't mind that addition, heck most of the fight additions are fine. The issue with the naruto anime is the constant flash backs and people giving big speeches in their mind about "how much naruto has grown" etc. when you're having a 60 second flash back to the attack we just saw 5 minutes ago something has gone horribly wrong

Seda

I don't mind that addition, heck most of the fight additions are fine. The issue with the naruto anime is the constant flash backs and people giving big speeches in their mind about "how much naruto has grown" etc. when you're having a 60 second flash back to the attack we just saw 5 minutes ago something has gone horribly wrong

I think he was joking.

Bridges are serious business.

Personally I don't see what's so important about a bridge. I mean, come on. First one guy makes a bridge. And everybody uses it. They're like, "Ooh, look, a bridge. That's new." So, like, these other two guys make another bridge. And it's kinda like the first one, but people use it anyway because the first guy is like "Oh, their bridge is pretty cool too, check it out." And then these three other guys are like, "Oh, we're going to make the best bridge ever, we're going to combine our talents and be like, 'Oh, look at our bridge, it's totally amazing, ooh.'" and it's like, it turns out really good, and it's the best out of all the other bridges. Everybody subscribes to it.

Wouldn't it have been faster to hire a ninja to assassinate the guy who was trying to prevent the bridge from being made as opposed to hiring ninja's to protect the bridge builder?

Wouldn't it have been faster to hire a ninja to assassinate the guy who was trying to prevent the bridge from being made as opposed to hiring ninja's to protect the bridge builder?

Tazuna couldn't afford to pay for the appropriate level of body guards. I'm sure an assassination is like 3 times as expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom