• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's nothing compared to (super ultra mega One Piece spoilers... seriously)
Silvers Rayleigh appearing in Buggy's flashback 500 chapters before was officially introduced

or...

Sanji's post timeskip appearance spoiled by a Den Den Mushi all the way back in Little Garden.

Phalanx92

So why can't Lee use ninjutsu and genjutsu? Guy can obviously use chakra. Don't see what's stopping him. What, was he born with a ninjutsu and genjutsu gland deficiency?

He can't use either because he can't weave or control chakra naturally. Think of it as a birth defect.

Lee also apparently lacks throwing in the towel skills.

Still not the same as (mega one piece spoilers)
Jinbei getting name dropped like 500 episodes before he even appears.

Sometimes I think Oda just goes back to his old stuff, picks out random things he's put into the series and makes them important later. I don't believe anyone could ever plan ahead that well.

Seriously, it was a great theme. It's just too bad it got tossed to the side like that.

It was a flawed theme though, it would only really apply if people like Sasuke and Neji didn't train hard.
Sasuke passes Lee in like a month because of hack eye jutsu

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Is it foreshadowing? We already have Orochimaru, so it was obvious the other two from the folktale would eventually be characters in the show.

We dont know anything about the sanin at this point,we dont even know that
oroochimaru was the 3rd hokage's student.
as far aswe know, oroochimaru is just a villain that has ties to the leaf village

789shadow

Banned

Sometimes I think Oda just goes back to his old stuff, picks out random things he's put into the series and makes them important later. I don't believe anyone could ever plan ahead that well.
Boy it's a good thing you didn't really spoil anything here.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He very well might, or it really could be planned. He has said straight up he's got the series already plotted out to the end. He wouldn't be the first writer to plan a serialized comic to this extent, go read Hickman's Fantastic Four run. He has the same level of planning and foreshadowing.

Lee ;_;

I remember reading in Bakuman how mangakas would do this to make connections in their manga.

Well, I made it. My PC is dead now though. :(

Having to use this small screen on my phone kinda sucks, but oh well, gotta deal with it for a while.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Rock Lee really should have been the main character.
He would have been in a completely different story though. One without Sharingan or Tailed-Beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom