• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
I suggest to everyone to only use credit cards for purchases you can pay off that month, and then set it up with your bank so that the money gets sent over immediately. You get the benefit of building a credit rating and the benefit of spending within your means, also whatever dumb perk the card has.
Im so screwed when I start doing that for myself, arent I.

Or maybe not, spending money I dont have is a weird concept to me.

Im so screwed when I start doing that for myself, arent I.

Or maybe not, spending money I dont have is a weird concept to me.

You get used to it when you're in college and need to take out loans to go to class and get supplies

Honestly what's always killed me was eating out, I'm generally good at budgeting my expensive hobbies (games and anime), my problem is all the little 4-8 dollar fast food meals add up quick and I don't pay attention to them. It's especially embarrassing now that I live at home and really shouldn't have to eat out much if ever :|

You get used to it when you're in college and need to take out loans to go to class and get supplies

Honestly what's always killed me was eating out, I'm generally good at budgeting my expensive hobbies (games and anime), my problem is all the little 4-8 dollar fast food meals add up quick and I don't pay attention to them. It's especially embarrassing now that I live at home and really shouldn't have to eat out much if ever :|

I had the same problem living at home, would always get fast food because I was too lazy to cook or didn't want to eat what was in the fridge.

Soulflarz

Banned

H-hopefully I dont have to take out a loan.

But yeah, eating out adds up so much. Im a chipotle addict soo >.< and i cant cook, which really doesnt help.
ToonamiGAF TEACH ME HOW TO COOK. Only so much cup ramen/meals by others can be eaten!

But yeah, eating out adds up so much. Im a chipotle addict soo >.< and i cant cook, which really doesnt help.
ToonamiGAF TEACH ME HOW TO COOK. Only so much cup ramen/meals by others can be eaten!

Eat breakfast foods, they're easy to make and the ingredients are dirt cheap. Bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, pancakes, potatoes...supplement it with fruits and cheeses for a meal you can eat any time of the day. I'd also suggest getting hamburger helper boxed meals, shells & cheese is good too. I would buy $5 rotisserie chickens from the store and cut up the meat for sandwiches, to put in salads, and to make chicken noodle soup (just get broth, noodles, and carrots for an easy meal!) Try to limit your ramen intake because that's a ton of sodium to consume, but I'd always add siracha sauce and garnish it with green onions, both are cheap ingredients. You can also buy rice, tortillas, and meat to make your own burritos at home on the cheap to get you through a chipotle fix. Steaks aren't as expensive as you think either and they can be pan fried. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Those are basic techniques I used in college until I leveled up my cooking skill.

Soulflarz

Banned
Eat breakfast foods, they're easy to make and the ingredients are dirt cheap. Bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, pancakes, potatoes...supplement it with fruits and cheeses for a meal you can eat any time of the day. I'd also suggest getting hamburger helper boxed meals, shells & cheese is good too. I would buy $5 rotisserie chickens from the store and cut up the meat for sandwiches, to put in salads, and to make chicken noodle soup (just get broth, noodles, and carrots for an easy meal!) Try to limit your ramen intake because that's a ton of sodium to consume, but I'd always add siracha sauce and garnish it with green onions, both are cheap ingredients. You can also buy rice, tortillas, and meat to make your own burritos at home on the cheap to get you through a chipotle fix. Steaks aren't as expensive as you think either and they can be pan fried. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Those are basic techniques I used in college until I leveled up my cooking skill.
I might actually take your advice on the cooking. I mean, im a senior now, so i kinda feel like i should learn this year. Chipotle i wont give up cause the hot sauce <3
(And i dont eat too much ramen, just when no ones home)

ToonamiGAF -->cookingGAF

I can cook, I'm just really freaking lazy

Even Ramen can be made into something much more tangible without much effort

Get two of instant ramen in a pot, a frozen vegetable of your choice (I like snow peas), and some kind of pre cut/cooked steak tenders (you can usually find these in a bag in most grocery stores). Heat steak tenders and cook vegetables and ramen as per directions, then mix everything together. You take something as "lazy" like ramen and turn it into something with substance and nutrition that can give you 3-4 servings for under $10.

Other easy success is fresh deli meats, get a cheese you like and turkey, ham, salami, etc buy a loaf of bread or some wraps, get mayo, butter, bacon, and some lettuce and bam you've got multiple meals for cheap that you can do a variety of ways. You can make a cold wrap or sandwich, you can make grilled cheese and possibly buy some pepperoni or marinara sauce for variety or use the deli meat to make a hot sandwich.

Eggs are also the king of easy meals, crack two, mix them up in a bowl with a fork, throw them into a pan with some onions/peppers/sausage/bacon/cheese and scramble them or make them an omelet.

Breakfast stuff is the only thing I'm good at cooking. I remember when I still was going to UC San Diego I would have myself a midnight omelette with pancakes for dinner (and my actual breakfast depending on how late I stay up)

Oh pasta is also another no effort cooking winner

Buy frozen meatballs or some chicken breast (rotisserie chicken works too as suggested above) along with either marinara or alfredo sauce. If going for frozen meatballs cook those in the pot with the marinara, if doing chicken and alfredo cut the chicken into strips, cook it until it's white, then throw it in the sauce to as the sauce heats. Pasta is as simple as put water in pot, add salt to taste, boil water, add pasta and stir. Drain pasta, mix in your meat and sauce, boom you've got 3-4 meals.

Now I'm hungry darn it guys lol

Another good thing about breakfast foods is that they don't take long to make. This morning I whipped up scrambled eggs, bacon, frozen potatoes that I added green chili and pepper flakes to, along with some toast in 15 minutes. They're also versatile, with those ingredients I could have made a breakfast bowl, sandwiches, an omelette..tons of options.

bigkrev

Only cooking I'm good at is grilling, and that's because it's super easy. Season the meat, put it on the grill, and tell Siri to remind me to flip it in a couple of minutes. I cook chicken, Steak, and burgers all the time, and live doing it.

Cooking really isn't that hard :X honestly the hardest part is telling yourself "I need to start this 30-60 minutes before I'm hungry" else be hungry and impatient while waiting for things to cook

*still scared of fucking up pasta*

Pasta is pretty fool proof, boil water, add pasta, lower heat, stir until noodles get soft, get a fork and taste if its soft enough for you, once tenderness reached drain and you're done. The hard part would be cooking the chicken but if you go with something pre cooked you save yourself that hassle

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cooking really isn't that hard :X honestly the hardest part is telling yourself "I need to start this 30-60 minutes before I'm hungry" else be hungry and impatient while waiting for things to cook

Pasta is pretty fool proof, boil water, add pasta, lower heat, stir until noodles get soft, get a fork and taste if its soft enough for you, once tenderness reached drain and you're done. The hard part would be cooking the chicken but if you go with something pre cooked you save yourself that hassle

Chicken is pretty easy.

Chicken is pretty easy.

Oh I know, it's just can be scary the first time you cook it because you want to make sure you cook it all the way though. This is generally more a problem if you try and cook whole breast instead of slices like I'm suggesting.

bigkrev

I never cook for breakfast- I only like cold food (like cereal and Milk, or Fruit) in the morning when I wake up. I also drink juice and/or energy drinks in the morning- Coffee is murder to me, and while I love a cup of hot tea, I only like it at night or with asian food.

Eggs are pretty much the only food i'll eat later in the day as well, I just scramble 2-3 eggs, pour a metric shitton of ketchup on them, and eat up.

And if I'm at a Denny's, IHOP, or any other shitty dinner, i'll eat some Pancakes. Love e'm midday for lunch!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have a side job to which all money goes in a separate account and that is my discretionary income.

It's 50 bucks a week...yet takes up almost all of my free time, I get to see my cute nephews though so it balances out.

I've also cooked almost every meal I've eaten since I was 12 and it's saved me a ton of money over the years. Eating out besides my random sojourns into trying out the latest fast food is something I usually do three or four times a year.

Going to do a Bleach DOUBLE WIDE DOUBLE FEATURE Tomorrow. Got a lot of 16 hour days followed by tons of days off/schedule my own time days coming up so I'll do more double features on the off days and skip days when I work hard. That and a crippling MH3U addiction. Technically I could finish today on West Coast time before midnight...but I'm an East side man at heart.

Seda

it's not just the page, unfortunately. it's everything. the tabs are smaller, the bookmarks bar is smaller, all the icons are smaller. i think my resolution got changed somehow

I had the opposite issue. Everything, including tabs and the omnibar, got bigger. I fixed it by right-clicking the desktop --> screen resolution --> Make text and other items larger or smaller. I had it set to 125% (default) but had to move it to 100%. It shrunk my desktop icons but that wasnt a big deal.

I had the opposite issue. Everything, including tabs and the omnibar, got bigger. I fixed it by right-clicking the desktop --> screen resolution --> Make text and other items larger or smaller. I had it set to 125% (default) but had to move it to 100%. It shrunk my desktop icons but that wasnt a big deal.

this changes everything except Chrome. i think i'm stuck with this :|

daveo42

Banned
How the hell did I miss CookingGAF? Most of what was said was spot on for easy cooking at home. If you have one, a crockkpot can be a massive help. Throw in a roast or chicken, veggies, and a little water to make some awesome meal that you can set in the morning and have it ready for dinner. Plus it lasts for days.

One of my favorite ways to cook outside of using the grill.

Edit: never forget to season. Just a little salt and pepper goes a long way to draw out the flavor of any food or dish.

it's not just the page, unfortunately. it's everything. the tabs are smaller, the bookmarks bar is smaller, all the icons are smaller. i think my resolution got changed somehow

Hmm..try right clicking on the chrome icon ---> properties ---> compatibility ---> display and see if anything looks off

bigkrev

Speaking of breakfast, today is 3/3 in mornings this week where I have no time for breakfast because I stayed up waaaaayyyyyy too late playing Danganronpa the night before. Last night was almost 3 AM because I had to finish the trial ~_~

Raxus

Speaking of breakfast, today is 3/3 in mornings this week where I have no time for breakfast because I stayed up waaaaayyyyyy too late playing Danganronpa the night before. Last night was almost 3 AM because I had to finish the trial ~_~

Monokuma is slowly making you give into despair.

Upupupupupupu

bigkrev

Monokuma is slowly making you give into despair.

Upupupupupupu

It's that I don't start playing in earnest till 9 or 10 at night, and it's 12-1 by the time the trial starts, and I'm like "If I put this down, i'm going to end up regretting not knowing the killer the next day" and just play the whole trial.

I just finished chapter 3

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Alright, finally caught up with the Toonami shows I missed. Ready for tomorrow night.

Jarate

Banned
Is it sad that the first joke I thought of was Space Hunter Nepotism in the Dandy universe because Dandy is going out with this lady

Seda

oh so it was an update! dammit Google

Yep. Apparently there were a few changes.

I noticed the font changes mentioned here (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889409) as well as the blurry resolution described here that I mentioned yesterday (https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=395425, http://superuser.com/questions/803710/chrome-37-ui-got-larger-and-became-blurry-on-125-dpi) although not everyone is seeing that.

Looks like my chrome updated once again and fixed all the issues EXCEPT the font in the tabs is larger than it used to be. But now my address bar, website fonts, tab size, etc are back to normal.

jeez

daveo42

Banned
Alright, finally caught up with the Toonami shows I missed. Ready for tomorrow night.

I probably miss a good chunk of the block this Saturday as well. My hope is to make it home in time for TTGL, but the way things look I'll be lucky to make it in time for the Black Lagoon finale at 330am.

Wow, you guys weren't joking on twitter about ToonamiGAF somehow evolving into CookingGAF.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Back to the normal grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom