• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Did the first of the month bring any new anime to Netflix?

Ghost in the Shell:Arise Season 1
GURREN LAGGAN (is back)

I guess it did!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd check out GitS Arise, but something in the back of my mind tells me to wait to see if it'll come to Toonami, considering how many times they reran GitS.

I'd check out GitS Arise, but something in the back of my mind tells me to wait to see if it'll come to Toonami, considering how many times they reran GitS.

Yep, seems like an obvious pick up in 2015 if we don't get it as part of the big turnover this fall

ckohler

It seems very likely it'll air on Toonami so I'm going to avoid it also.

Levyne

Banned
I'm excited to finally see more of Persona 5, but just the sheer number of posts (and occasional drama) from the fanbase just makes me want to never tell anyone when I do.

Jarate

Banned
Ill prolly get Persona 5, but idk why people dont give flak to the game for featuring one of the worst Gary Stues all the time. It makes the game really hard for me to play because I dont wanna self insert myself in this game, and I dont have any attachment to any of the characters, especially the girls which people obsess over.

The presentation is really good in the persona games and the gameplay is decent (there are better systems) and the art is generally fantastic, but I just cant get over the Gary Stu.

Seda

Ill prolly get Persona 5, but idk why people dont give flak to the game for featuring one of the worst Gary Stues all the time. It makes the game really hard for me to play because I dont wanna self insert myself in this game, and I dont have any attachment to any of the characters, especially the girls which people obsess over.

The presentation is really good in the persona games and the gameplay is decent (there are better systems) and the art is generally fantastic, but I just cant get over the Gary Stu.

I played the earlier Persona games this summer, and that significantly lowered any anticipation for a newer title, because I know it'll be more like P4 and less like P1/P2.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I played the earlier Persona games this summer, and that significantly lowered any anticipation for a newer title, because I know it'll be more like P4 and less like P1/P2.

This is me, except leave P1 out of it because it is not very good. Both P2's are the height of the series.

Jarate

Banned
You can get away with that behavior if the character is a blank slate avatar.

Meh, I can understand the argument, but every single character wants my dick from the moment I walk into school. Then I have to sit there and "date" people and pretend like they dont want my dick like 40 times before they're like "senpai I want your dick"

Kirito is basically as much of a blank slate as you can get for a tv show (no personality, no ability to communicate properly) its just super aggrivating to me when people put Gary Stus into media. Its a shit way to present a game

Jarate

Banned
I got some other JRPGs to work on, but ive been wanting to play Nocturne. Should I play that, will that solve all my issues, will I become Rog Rogerson

Also, who else is getting Destiny for PS4?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Despite sharing a lot of the same elements including genre, demons, terminology, and lots of other things its harder to get two games further away from each other than P4 and SMT3.

Seda

This is me, except leave P1 out of it because it is not very good. Both P2's are the height of the series.

I quickly realized when playing that +party persona control, +honest-to-goodness dungeon design, -social/calendar structure were a lot more enjoyable for me - P1 experience system and encounter rate notwithstanding.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fitting that today is Labor Day as it also signals the resumption of my labor, this time covering BLEACH's Non-Canon™ material!

I have decided to recap episodes which do not appear in the manga up until the point where TOONAMI relauched. TOONAMI happened to relaunch right snack dab in the middle of the second longest filler Non-Canon™ arc though so I might as well finish that off as well.

Bleach Non-Canon™ material comes in two distinct varieties, one offs and arcs. Much like Naruto at a glance except that the longest Naruto Non-Canon™ arcs were 6-7 episodes long while the longest Bleach filler is, well, you'll see. Bleach one off episodes much like Naruto's Non-Canon™ tend to be comedic and are generally pretty good. Bleach's Non-Canon™ arcs, well, you saw an example of one of the better ones with Kon, Liquid Snake, Momo clone, Girl Liquid Snake. On the shorter side too.

I've mentioned it before but a friend of mine donated to me his anime collection when he left the country and while I knew a couple of seasons of Bleach were in there I wasn't expecting this many. I've got the first nine in my possession right now, taken out of storage. Six of them are unopened with the price tag on them and the other three look fine. My local library has the next couple but I might have to buy a few episodes here and there on amazon/itunes/whatever. Hope I can get a hold of the final season I need but that's a concern for the coming months.

Episode 33 is coming later today.

MikeMyers

We need to make a guessing game on which character appears the most, like we did with the Naruto side characters.

BLEACH has so many characters that'd be a very tough race, but I guess Kon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The contest will be for second place because as Bassforever already brought up, Itsygo is going to win because of the arcs.

There are actually a decent number of Non-Canon™ episodes without him (Naruto was even in the episode about his funeral!) but not enough to make up for it.

I think I'll run two different tallies, regular episode and Omake to spice things up.

Jarate

Banned
Fitting that today is Labor Day as it also signals the resumption of my labor, this time covering BLEACH's Non-Canon™ material!

I have decided to recap episodes which do not appear in the manga up until the point where TOONAMI relauched. TOONAMI happened to relaunch right snack dab in the middle of the second longest filler Non-Canon™ arc though so I might as well finish that off as well.

Bleach Non-Canon™ material comes in two distinct varieties, one offs and arcs. Much like Naruto at a glance except that the longest Naruto Non-Canon™ arcs were 6-7 episodes long while the longest Bleach filler is, well, you'll see. Bleach one off episodes much like Naruto's Non-Canon™ tend to be comedic and are generally pretty good. Bleach's Non-Canon™ arcs, well, you saw an example of one of the better ones with Kon, Liquid Snake, Momo clone, Girl Liquid Snake. On the shorter side too.

I've mentioned it before but a friend of mine donated to me his anime collection when he left the country and while I knew a couple of seasons of Bleach were in there I wasn't expecting this many. I've got the first nine in my possession right now, taken out of storage. Six of them are unopened with the price tag on them and the other three look fine. My local library has the next couple but I might have to buy a few episodes here and there on amazon/itunes/whatever. Hope I can get a hold of the final season I need but that's a concern for the coming months.

Episode 33 is coming later today.
Why are you doing this too yourself

Seda

I already know who I want to tag next in this thread but I need to think of something clever for that poster.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I continued my watch of Inuyasha:FINAL ACT this Sunday. I think I made it to episode 15 or so. Show starts crazy, stays crazy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I already know who I want to tag next in this thread but I need to think of something clever for that poster.
[Anticipation intensifies]

& damn, Funimation is on a retweeting spree on Twitter. Though just glad I have internet back after a storm. Oh well, gave me time to work on my java programming homework.

Seriously Akame Ga Kill is the perfect Toonami show

It's dark, it's action packed, it's got comedy, and it's got waifu galore

lLGKsTS.png
lLGKsTS.png
lLGKsTS.png

lLGKsTS.png
lLGKsTS.png
lLGKsTS.png

lLGKsTS.png
lLGKsTS.png
lLGKsTS.png

Anyone have the rights and is a dub announced? If not then just forget about it.

Sentai does

Sentai has it.

Don't get your hopes up.

I mean eventually one of their shows is going to be big enough that AS/Toonami will work out a deal with them to get it to air on tv. Akame Ga Kill has become pretty popular IE it's in the top 5 shows watched on Crunchy Roll behind only Naruto Shippuden, SAO S2, One Piece, and Hunter x Hunter

<_<

For the record 6th place is Fairy Tale

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sentai means the dub will be average at best and it'll never show up on TOONAMI.

Netflix though, almost certainly.

BassForever
Fresh Hentai Prince of ToonamiGAF

Now this is a story all about how
my laifu got flipped-turned upside down
If you got more waifus then try not to laugh
I'll tell you how I became the hentai prince of a board called ToonamiGAF

This sounded a lot better in my head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom