• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
g9tZ2tBl.jpg

Gurren Laggan is on Neflix? Wonder if they made the same mistake again?

What was the mistake..?

Jarate

Banned
When DBZ airs do we have to worry about spoilers?

Is there anyone who has never watched DBZ who watches toonami?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
When DBZ airs do we have to worry about spoilers?

Is there anyone who has never watched DBZ who watches toonami?
I've never seen DBZ, save for the movie on Toonami & Battle of Gods. I do recall a few episodes of the original Dragon Ball, but that's it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I would always say don't give spoilers for something that's on its first Toonami run

Seda

Well there are at least two people who haven't seen it. Enforcing a spoiler policy for DBZ is probably futile though.

I've seen DBZ before but like I've said before my memory of specific episodes fades quickly because I watch a ton of stuff. So I can't remember much.

Jarate

Banned
I know it's not trechnically in Kai, but hopefully Demarco makes it so the driving episode airs

it is literally the best filler of all time

Jarate

Banned
Dammit GMN, you ruined the show now.

I haven't seen Yu Yu Hakusho either because some moron told me Yusuke dies.

kidding, but seriously I have yet to watch YYK

iFu3mGSNwVXhh.gif

Only watch up to the Dark Tournament, the rest of the show is pretty much trash

Soulflarz

Banned
Dammit GMN, you ruined the show now.

I haven't seen Yu Yu Hakusho either because some moron told me Yusuke dies.

kidding, but seriously I have yet to watch YYK

I saw S1 when it aired when i was like...4/5
And saw it a lot. And i remembered it perfectly when i watched it a year and a half ago.

Halfway into s2, you should watch it!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nope, Sensui is garbage and takes waaay too long. The final arc is also suspect but it's better than that. I'm not going to say that one should watch the Dark Tournament and then skip straight to the finale but that might be the better experience.

Nope, Sensui is garbage and takes waaay too long. The final arc is also suspect but it's better than that. I'm not going to say that one should watch the Dark Tournament and then skip straight to the finale but that might be the better experience.

Non-canon member

Sensui Arc > Dark Tournament Arc > Opening Arcs > Final Arc

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dark Tournament>Everything before Dark Tournament>Final Arc>Chapter Black.

Besides taking too long and having a lot of padding Sensui's motivation makes no sense and pisses me off.

There's some taped footage of humans/good spirits whatever treating demon's bad. It's revealed next arc that demons only survive by eating and torturing humans so its not like they are benign beings. Sensui knew all this and ignores it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You guys are disappointing me.

Ignoring the trademark symbol. it's alt-0153

Non-Canon™.

Yes, the whole thing.

Yes, every time. It's like a Tribe Called Quest.

bigkrev

iFu3mGSNwVXhh.gif

Only watch up to the Dark Tournament, the rest of the show is pretty much trash

The arc that follows the Dark Tournament is vastly superior to the Dark Tournament, lol

This list is causing anger issues I didn't even know I could have anymore

Jarate

Banned

Besides taking too long and having a lot of padding Sensui's motivation makes no sense and pisses me off.

There's some taped footage of humans/good spirits whatever treating demon's bad. It's revealed next arc that demons only survive by eating and torturing humans so its not like they are benign beings. Sensui knew all this and ignores it.

Man God proves once again that he is a god among non-canon™ men

Man God

Non-Canon Member
By the way I love the first four episodes of YYH, which is why I commented. I'm not a huge fan of the arc/mini arc whatever directly proceeding the Dark Tournament but the rest of it is pretty solid.

bigkrev

By the way I love the first four episodes of YYH, which is why I commented. I'm not a huge fan of the arc/mini arc whatever directly proceeding the Dark Tournament but the rest of it is pretty solid.

The manga has a lot more of Yusuke ghost adventures/hijinks (the first 2 volumes are nothing but that), and it reeks of "oh shit, we need to be more popular, let's make it a battle shounen". They skipped most of it for the anime, sadly

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The manga has a lot more of Yusuke ghost adventures/hijinks (the first 2 volumes are nothing but that), and it reeks of "oh shit, we need to be more popular, let's make it a battle shounen". They skipped most of it for the anime, sadly

Bleach follows almost the exact same trajectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom