• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot the part where she then proceeds to beat he crap out of him, then suddenly about 50 crows appear & start pecking him to death.

Even when Gakuto wins, he still loses. :_:

What is this show

tumblr_nrnlt2Vmxd1tt16zwo2_500.gif

tumblr_nrnlt2Vmxd1tt16zwo3_500.gif

Line_HTX

FUNimation definitely likes to take liberties with the script at times, and while purists might hate that, it can help keep natural flow in English or allow humor to come across more readily.

"You should smack your parents" anyone?

What was that one again? I swear I heard it before...

The anime is perfection.

tumblr_nsdif8sRSl1qa1arxo1_500.gif

Wait for the blu-rays. >.>

BAH GOD, THEY KILLED HIM! He is broken in half!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So you can now pre-order the first volume of the Kill la Kill manga, coming out Oct. 15th.

.....though it begs the question, how often does manga based on anime turn out to be good? I feel like with manga to anime, there's a bit of excitement because you can't wait to see certain parts animated, get voices, etc. & it acts as a promo for the manga if it doesn't fully end/stops at an arc so you can go read the manga to get the full story/see how it differs, but I feel like there's not as much of a point for an anime to get turned into a manga if all you're gonna do is draw what feels like screencaps from the show (Gurren Lagann is a good example of this), because then it seems like it loses what made the anime version unique/worth watching.

At least with, say, FLCL, the 2nd volume had a rather different ending compared to the anime, plus the art style wasn't the same.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it feels like Gainax/Trigger is the biggest culpret of this. Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Kill la Kill, I THINK Panty & Stocking had a short manga of sorts. Only other that comes to mind is Cowboy Bebop, because NOBODY talks about the Cowboy Bebop manga, only the anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's hard to say, but as someone who likes both of those, I feel like they're funny for different reasons.

Prison School's humor comes from its art style & how seriously/how much tension there is for small/silly things, which is largely enhanced thanks to the unique style. I mean, look at that gif I posted above. Things are hilariously overdramatic at times.

Shimoneta is more about playing along with its silly plot & finding jokes that relate to said plot. I will admit despite enjoying it, MPR does make a point some jokes do get repeated (especially "I used a sex term while describing something!")

That's the best way I can put it. Stuff like this is hard for me to form into words at times because I can't find the best way to describe how I feel about something at a more academic level aside from "it was good" or "it sucked, it was stupid, & I didn't like it".

It's hard to say, but as someone who likes both of those, I feel like they're funny for different reasons.

Prison School's humor comes from its art style & how seriously/how much tension there is for small/silly things, which is largely enhanced thanks to the unique style. I mean, look at that gif I posted above. Things are hilariously overdramatic at times.

Shimoneta is more about playing along with its silly plot & finding jokes that relate to said plot. I will admit despite enjoying it, MPR does make a point some jokes do get repeated (especially "I used a sex term while describing something!")

That's the best way I can put it. Stuff like this is hard for me to form into words at times because I can't find the best way to describe how I feel about something at a more academic level aside from "it was good" or "it sucked, it was stupid, & I didn't like it".

Everytime Kajo was on screen the show just turned into "heh heh, dicks, get it?" which was about half of the episodes in the latter half of the show, she never developed a character although you can see inklings of her being afraid and grossed out of real sexuality right in front of her...which is like every one of those characters

Woops I mean "heh heh, *BLEEEEP* get it?" Man fuck that bleep it got annoying fast

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Everytime Kajo was on screen the show just turned into "heh heh, dicks, get it?" which was about half of the episodes in the latter half of the show, she never developed a character although you can see inklings of her being afraid and grossed out of real sexuality right in front of her...which is like every one of those characters

Woops I mean "heh heh, *BLEEEEP* get it?" Man fuck that bleep it got annoying fast
So basically.....

tumblr_nrpwouTKpx1qa1arxo2_500.gif

Again, you're not wrong, it did get rather tiresome at times after so many episode. & yes, that WAS disappointing that they hinted at some new development for her character, but then they just drop it in the next episode.

I will also agree with you that Prison School did a much better job at finding new ways of making you laugh at the ridiculousness of the situations.

Line_HTX

It's a shame because her VA is really good (Semi nsfw)

It didn't go far enough? Whuut? You want to break people? :p

I really love the OH~HOHOHOHO laugh.

I haven't finished Shimoneta yet, but I hope they make more. I'm almost done, but though I see the problems you're getting at, I'm still having fun watching.

I still laugh at blowing up The Pool.

I wish it was lewder cause I love Tanukichi but he only had one really lewd scene when he was clothless thus far, and then his second wasnt clothe-less but almost got his own love nectar going. Though Im only halfway through.

Dedication Through Lewd.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still can't believe how close we are to Parasyte premiering.

.....& how we're finally done with SAO............AGAIN.........

But in any case, looking forward to the promo that hopefully will actually air before 1:30 compared to Akame ga Kill's promo. & as always, I'll do my best to not try & hint/hype/spoil anything for the show, as I've seen it already. I'll play along & act as though I haven't seen it myself/how I saw it for the first time.

Line_HTX

I still can't believe how close we are to Parasyte premiering.

.....& how we're finally done with SAO............AGAIN.........

But in any case, looking forward to the promo that hopefully will actually air before 1:30 compared to Akame ga Kill's promo. & as always, I'll do my best to not try & hint/hype/spoil anything for the show, as I've seen it already. I'll play along & act as though I haven't seen it myself/how I saw it for the first time.

I am watching you intensely, even though I don't look like it.

Asuna: "STAAAAAAAAARRRE~"

Line_HTX

At least Bryce doesn't cosplay, otherwise it would look weird as he claims.

Costume fusion of Kirito, Rin, and Eren would be overkill, haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom